Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Not possible, jobs always exist, it's whether one wants to do them or not. Granted their is an exception that some people can't do certain jobs, due to disability or whatever. Generally speaking jobs will exist.
I don't agree with you.
It is possible for people to lack skills and experience and education and connections to qualify for available jobs.
Nobody would want to hire them and even if they did they wouldn't be able to keep the jobs, they would be let go.
Nobody gives a job to someone for the sake of kindness.
If you don't have a drivers license, you don't have university level or perhaps even elementary level of school, and you don't have experience or connections, you are doomed.

I think the best case would be for you to find some sales job that don't require experience or skills, but you woulnd't be able to keep it, perhaps you would be scammed by some similar sales job that works as a pyramid scheme.

brycec

Kin
131💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Not possible, jobs always exist, it's whether one wants to do them or not. Granted their is an exception that some people can't do certain jobs, due to disability or whatever. Generally speaking jobs will exist.
I kind of disagree with this too.

Demon presents most of the argument that makes sense for the here and now, but you assume there will always be currency and currency, regardless of its form, only has value because we give it value, so if that is taken, there will be no jobs in the modern sense, as your skills would be all that you can barter with.

Plus, do not forget that it took a while for the idea of currency to catch on, as most people hunted, fished, and gathered before we decided it was best for multiple tribes to live together, and learned to grow stuff.

Could you consider hunting and fishing and gathering a job during those times? Kind of, but I would not, because everyone had to do those things at the time and they only got to live longer and not worry about doing anything else.

Also, I have my doubts that society will last very long to the point where what we have will remain because people cannot think critically, which is causing people to get dumber.

brycec

Kin
131💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Also, I don't think homeless people could easily get jobs.
I think that one kind of depends on the situation. If they are already unemployed, then that is definitely the case.

However, there are homeless people with jobs. This a particularly big problem in California, from what I have heard.

The best chance homeless people have at getting jobs are via homeless shelters, but because homeless shelters tend to get bad reputations with the other homeless, they tend to stay away from that option.

• Wow
Reactions: Chikombo

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I think that one kind of depends on the situation. If they are already unemployed, then that is definitely the case.

However, there are homeless people with jobs. This a particularly big problem in California, from what I have heard.

The best chance homeless people have at getting jobs are via homeless shelters, but because homeless shelters tend to get bad reputations with the other homeless, they tend to stay away from that option.
That's sad, that you have a job but not a roof under your head.

Geano

Kin
57💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Best thing to do when looking for work is to start with what you are already naturally good at. Make a resume based on that first. After that you pretty much just need to sell yourself. Sales isn't for everyone, but you need to sell the idea of why the company, or in particular the hiring department should be interested in you. What they really care about is what you can do for them.

Tsuki

Supreme
Kin
1,154💸
Kumi
30,042💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Are you only restricted to jobs you can apply to or can you create your own job?
Do you define job as something full time (as in 9 to 5) or can it be something you do irregularly?

Is buying a pack of balloons during a local event (national day, etc), blowing them, then selling them individually for a convenient price to others on the street considered a job? If so then making/earning a job is really easy.

Personally I consider anything that requires physical or mental effort and has the potential of giving you money to be a job.

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Are you only restricted to jobs you can apply to or can you create your own job?
Do you define job as something full time (as in 9 to 5) or can it be something you do irregularly?

Is buying a pack of balloons during a local event (national day, etc), blowing them, then selling them individually for a convenient price to others on the street considered a job? If so then making/earning a job is really easy.

Personally I consider anything that requires physical or mental effort and has the potential of giving you money to be a job.
Anything that gives you an income.
Post automatically merged:

Nah. You are thinking too deeply about it. It's very simple.
I hope so.