How do you get a job?

brycec

Kin
131💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Depends on the job you are looking for. For the most part though, it is as simple as filling out job applications and looking through freelance listing.

The other Avenue would be to start your own business, but it will be a while before you see profit.

Kind of a strange topic from you though, this seems more objective than the other posts I have seen, which are usually subjective.

Reactions: Chikombo

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Depends on the job you are looking for. For the most part though, it is as simple as filling out job applications and looking through freelance listing.

The other Avenue would be to start your own business, but it will be a while before you see profit.

Kind of a strange topic from you though, this seems more objective than the other posts I have seen, which are usually subjective.
I thought it was a philosophical question, like what if you can't find a job? And what if you don't have qualifications, experience, connections, etc, you are a blank slate.

What if nobody wants ot to hire you or you can't keep a job because of poor performance.

brycec

Kin
131💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I see. Well, I covered the can’t find a job through the ideas of starting a business or going into freelancing, though both require some thought, especially towards getting a goal.

As for the experience, connections, and such, that is definitely harder, since the connections would be the hardest to get. The easiest path to gaining connections would be to look for group that do what you want to do for a job as a hobby, which may help with the experience portion as well, and, hopefully you’ll get connected to the right people.

Qualification would likely come from that experience in finding people who are interested in doing what you want to do, as they will challenge you and help you in the right direction, thereby gaining what is necessary, and possibly help you develop critical thinking.

After all, most of the time, businesses are using recruiters or HR, who do not know how to sniff out who is most qualified for a position, especially when you realize a degree does not show anybody that you know what you need to know, only that you can learn it.

The key is you have to develop the skills people want, and if you are unable to put in the 20 hours it takes to learn something new, you will not be able to do that.

Another consideration would be why would you want a job anyway when there are people who live off the land, away from a cage that uses stuff that, in reality, has no value beyond what the populous says it is worth?

Still, that does not change the fact that you would need to learn the necessary skills and knowledge, such as how to test if plants are poisonous or not, the best way to take down game, and even the details necessary to fish.

However, if one is dead set on trying to find a job, they must remember that experience is a double edged sword, because too much experience is just as bad as too little.

• Love

Troi

Legendary
Kin
3,467💸
Kumi
1,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Depends. Nine times out of ten you can find a job, no matter how little or how big, as long as you apply yourself enough to find it. Plenty out there. In the event that you don’t which can definitely be the case, even if you do apply yourself, where I am from, what isn’t given has to be taken. That statement is self explanatory. Has to be. There are mouths to be fed... And sometimes you just have to get your hands dirty to keep those around you clean.

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Depends. Nine times out of ten you can find a job, no matter how little or how big, as long as you apply yourself enough to find it. Plenty out there. In the event that you don’t which can definitely be the case, even if you do apply yourself, where I am from, what isn’t given has to be taken. That statement is self explanatory. Has to be. There are mouths to be fed... And sometimes you just have to get your hands dirty to keep those around you clean.
But entertain the possibility you live in a country where there are no jobs for you.
What are you supposed to do about that? What would people do in a situation like that? Instead of answering with that there are always jobs, entertain the possibility that's not the case.

Troi

Legendary
Kin
3,467💸
Kumi
1,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
But entertain the possibility you live in a country where there are no jobs for you.
What are you supposed to do about that? What would people do in a situation like that? Instead of answering with that there are always jobs, entertain the possibility that's not the case.
And entertain the possibility of not everything being done lawfully.

brycec

Kin
131💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That's a scary thought.
I agree, but don’t forget that we are stupid creatures that do insane things, like making it illegal to collect rain water and such.

Heck, I have heard there are so many crazy laws out there that we pretty much break the law every day. 😒

Still, it is a valid thought and must be taken into consideratio, due to the fact that humans are not necessarily rational creatures.

brycec

Kin
131💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
By applying.
That answer is a bit too simplistic, though I do not blame you for blurting it out, as the question came off as more objective than the OP’s other topics.

In the case of the OP’s scenario, which he clarified when I brought it to their attention, the person has nothing that would make somebody want to give them a chance, in comparison to say giving tech job to somebody with a CompTIA A+ certification and 2 years of experience.

By just applying, you do not really get to see where you failed, unless you get to the interview stage of the process, and without anything to convince people right on that form, or even filling out the personality questionnaire wrong, they will never get to the interview stage.

• Angry
Reactions: minamoto