[Discussion] How do you feel the school system should be setup like ?

JoanaTak

Kin
1,284💸
Kumi
48💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
How do you feel the school system should be setup like ?

School systems always go on about independence and making your own decisions while they’re the ones making it for you. Also insanely stressful and forces you to dissociate for tests that shouldn’t determine how smart you are

Reactions: GrapeApe

minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811💸
Kumi
11,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
when i was a children in primary school my woman teacher want change her sweater and she say to us :" dear pupilz close ur eyes..."
but all we do is pretend close eyes and see her huge beautifoll boobz ...

-she knew about that but pretend not see anyting...

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Instead of lying to kids for 12 years they should work closely with actual real world, they should also hone in on kids potential and make sure they are nurtured instead of just hammering retarded shit on them.
If anything they should take lessons from universities where you need to take your own responsibility for learning.

Reactions: JoanaTak

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Performance-based funding should be rid of because it traps lower income families & schools into staying so. Schools with high performance are likely to already be well funded anyways, so, again, it just reinforces the social classes of areas. 100% no questions asked, rid of this.

I also used to want more choices within school. It's not feasible for many schools though(such as my own), so it couldn't be a baseline expectation. Definitely one for schools that can afford it though.

My personal issue with school was how soulless and stiff it was. Standardized testing, lack of choices like you said, and an inability to accommodate for people like me. The teachers themselves were the exact opposite though and probably the biggest reason I could graduate. My vision is 1/20(more like 0.5/20 because even the first letter is blurry), I retook High School English 1 thrice or twice(idk, foggy times cause I was literally always asleep due to disinterest), I was borderline nonverbal(I opened up tho, and ended up being that person who never shuts up), etc, and etc. Both trivial and big issues just compounding on one another.

I would wish that the teachers did more than use a whiteboard that required me to touch it with my nose before I could see it. That there was some kind of alternative to repeating that English class THRICE(?) or at least proving that I understood that trash after three times of taking it. Something to at least facilitate these issues through. I just lucked out with great teachers that pushed for the school to pass me where I'd already proven myself. E.g. I finished Algebra 2 before Algebra 1, and English 2 before English 1. I probably would've NEVER finished the English 1 if not for this, and I DEFINITELY wouldn't have finished Algebra/English 2 if I didn't get the teachers that I did.

Many of things I want aren't feasible and could gimp others or the teachers themselves, but at the minimum I'd expect a stronger support system to at least state the issues and provide leniency for cases where a student lacks the privilege of having teachers akin to my own. All we had were 2 (great) counselors that were loaded with a ton of additional responsibilities. So, maybe counselors wholly devoted to counseling would also be a baseline? Admittedly, many of the things I had wanted were also already there. They just weren't obvious enough.

As for courses, I think physical education belongs on the chopping block. Physical education is important, but having it every year was pretty unnecessary. The students that needed it most didn't do it(in their defense, PE was a source of embarrassment for them), and basically everyone passes regardless of how hard they fucked it up. Complete nonfactor. Imo, PE should be optional and provide additional choices. Even if that choice is as trash as allowing you to have additional time in a class you already take.
Rid of performance based funding, have a stronger investment into counselors and support, and create additional choices at the expense of physical eduacation.

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think competition in schools and between schools is necessary. You increase the quality of education and calibre of student. It plays on the human qualities of greed and ambition. If you got rid of it and streamlined schooling, you would have a whole load of average, no excellence and no ambition.

A schools objective should really be to give you reading ability, comprehension ability and logic. However, schools don't give logic since thinkers question and are rebellious by nature. The Trivium needs to enter most schooling establishments. Apart from that schools teach certain subjects, prepping you to decide what you want to do in the future. I see nothing wrong with that, tbh.

The only problems I have is kids are grouped in ability, yet teaching is linear. A teacher will teach a certain way, and not all people learn the same way. And the school tries to indoctrinate one into a way of thinking. Both stifle independent and creative ability.

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I think competition in schools and between schools is necessary. You increase the quality of education and calibre of student. It plays on the human qualities of greed and ambition. If you got rid of it and streamlined schooling, you would have a whole load of average, no excellence and no ambition.

A schools objective should really be to give you reading ability, comprehension ability and logic. However, schools don't give logic since thinkers question and are rebellious by nature. The Trivium needs to enter most schooling establishments. Apart from that schools teach certain subjects, prepping you to decide what you want to do in the future. I see nothing wrong with that, tbh.

The only problems I have is kids are grouped in ability, yet teaching is linear. A teacher will teach a certain way, and not all people learn the same way. And the school tries to indoctrinate one into a way of thinking. Both stifle independent and creative ability.
Competition between schools can exist without the issue of funding. Funding doesn't even cross the mind of most students, and there's already enough incentive out there in the fact that college costs an arm without a scholarship.

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Competition between schools can exist without the issue of funding. Funding doesn't even cross the mind of most students, and there's already enough incentive out there in the fact that college costs an arm without a scholarship.
Funding will always vary, schools have different numbers of pupils etc. That automatically creates funding differences, apart from varying living expenses. Then there are states with their own goals, and local districts with their own. They prioritise what they feel is necessary and siphon money from wherever they can. Variances will always exist while those factors exist.

As for colleges costing an arm and a leg, that's because government guaranteed loans. Colleges know they'll get paid whatever they want. Colleges do whatever to enrich themselves, look at top 10 endowment funds.

1. Harvard $38 billion+
2. University of Texas system $30 Billion+
3. Yale University $29 Billion+

And the list goes on.

Look

minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811💸
Kumi
11,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Funding will always vary, schools have different numbers of pupils etc. That automatically creates funding differences, apart from varying living expenses. Then there are states with their own goals, and local districts with their own. They prioritise what they feel is necessary and siphon money from wherever they can. Variances will always exist while those factors exist.

As for colleges costing an arm and a leg, that's because government guaranteed loans. Colleges know they'll get paid whatever they want. Colleges do whatever to enrich themselves, look at top 10 endowment funds.

1. Harvard $38 billion+

And the list goes on.

Look
wut u stody???..

Premfection

Veteran
Kin
1,575💸
Kumi
8,090💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
We should be teaching stuff based on level of importance: stuff like english and reading comprehension, BASIC math up to like long division and geometry (since we actually use that stuff in real life, but I cant for the life of me remember needing to use algebra, trig or calculus for any reason)
We should learn the laws of our country, the countries history and history of the world. Replace the really difficult math we dont need with basic economics.

other important skills like doing taxes, investing money and basic life saving skills such as CPR should also be taught in school I feel.

I dont think tests are all bad but should be based around how much we understand a subject more so then how much we can remember about a subject but I guess I cant think of how to do that

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
We should be teaching stuff based on level of importance: stuff like english and reading comprehension, BASIC math up to like long division and geometry (since we actually use that stuff in real life, but I cant for the life of me remember needing to use algebra, trig or calculus for any reason)
We should learn the laws of our country, the countries history and history of the world. Replace the really difficult math we dont need with basic economics.

other important skills like doing taxes, investing money and basic life saving skills such as CPR should also be taught in school I feel.

I dont think tests are all bad but should be based around how much we understand a subject more so then how much we can remember about a subject but I guess I cant think of how to do that
I agree but I think it's hard to know what matters, cus at a young age it's hard to specialize yourself into something, and life isn't really about common knowledge like the alphabet and math, those are just basic requirements, you need to know how to drive a car and stuff too but like when it comes to a job there are so many different directions you could take.
Should we educate people on law? Business? Politics? Like there are so many options.
Post automatically merged:

1. Harvard $38 billion+

And the list goes on.

Look
Sad part is money doesn't make you smart, you can waste all your money on fancy uniniversities and books but still know nothing.