shadedcrow

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Maybe part of the how is also when, what do we as readers and observers know about the MS.You have to have at least 3 tomo(?spelling?) before you can use it right? So if you figure out when he gained the third and maybe there will be a pertinant death that fits in with the equation.

veggetta13

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Saying: "You have to kill your best friend" is just a metaphor of the attitude needed to dive into MS. Meaning(for me), becoming a warrior without mercy at all. In this sense Kakashi is one, because he fights knowing he's taking the right decision, plus, for the sceptical Kakashi has killed many times.

It's like a state of conscience, in which regret becomes an antique within human conscience

Stampy

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well Kakashi killed okay! But the ones closed to him? Hard to buy! Besides Kakashi IS NOT without mercy... Might have been before Obito's death but clearly he's a changed man.
The TEST he designed also that Naruto Sakura and Sasuke passed was all about helping each other out also "He will not let any of his friends die" a sweet signature of his to say he is like his father!

Now when MS Itachi says Itachi gave Naruto's gift after Kakashi awakened his MS that does not mean Itachi did not gave him a special MS awakening experience before he awakened it... Now carefull I am NOT saying Itachi did awakened Kakashi's sharingan but at this point it could be a theory (to which I am skepctical)

Stampy

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Saying: "You have to kill your best friend" is just a metaphor of the attitude needed to dive into MS. Meaning(for me), becoming a warrior without mercy at all. In this sense Kakashi is one, because he fights knowing he's taking the right decision, plus, for the sceptical Kakashi has killed many times.

It's like a state of conscience, in which regret becomes an antique within human conscience

You know what, re-reading your post made me comprehend your point sorry about the previous point... It could be a state of mind that triggers the MS. Kakashi definately has stuff which he regrets you got a good point there

NarutoVsGoku

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Madara said to kill your best friend to unlock the MS, but he never said thats the only way!
Nobody knows the answer to that right now but he mostly got gained it during the timeskip they had when Naruto went with Jiraiya. I'm pretty sure they will have a Kakashi Chronicles part 2 to show how he gained it lol
these are the best answers..

i too have been wondering how Kakashi got MS. TO GET MS one has to kill someone very close to them or a friend. Itachi got it from killing Shisui who was like a brother to him. thats how close they were. Madara got MS from killing a close friend as he stated and Sasuke got it from killing Itachi.

I couldnt see Kakashi killing a close one to gain power. thats not in his nature. but like someone said there must be other ways to gain the MS. but how wouls Kakashi know? hes not even a real Uchiha.

anyways he obviously gained the new technique during the 3 years period of no action and first used it agaisnt Deidara. thats all there is to know and he can use Kamui which no other Uchiha so far has used. but it doesnt seem Kakashi can use Amaterasu. a left MS sharingan is able to use it but Kakashi hasnt.

Kakashi's MS eye is a wierd case and there hasnt been any explanation to it.

yondaimeminato

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This is indeed a very interesting question that I have been working around to find the answer. No one is going to be able to know the right answer to this but we can speculate or make an assumption as to how Kakashi obtained his MS.

My assumption:

I haven't seen anywhere or read that a non uchiha would be able to take his/her sharingan to the next level.

When kakashi met Itachi before getting to the cave where garaa's tailed beast was being sucked, Kakashi made a indirect approach to Itachi saying "how good is your vision?" a question similar to this. I am not sure I would have to check. Itachi immediately knew what kakashi meant by that question and he responded "kakashi you.... Impossible". This means that Itachi too believes that kakashi wouldn't have been capable of awaking the MS. Obviously Kakashi knows everything behind the secrets of the MS. He probably even went and read the tablet of the uchiha.

You can not just assume that kakashi killed his best friend. He is not this type of person. He is not going to kill his best friend for power or someone dear to him. This is just something we all know kakashi wouldn't do. And we all know that Obito was an outcast to the uchiha and the only people obito considered as friends to him were kakashi and rin and probably the fourth hokage.

There is no way kakashi awakened the MS. Someone had to awakened it for him. Someone who is an uchiha. Or in fact someone named Obito.

This gives the possibility that Obito is indeed alive and that there is a possibility he killed Rin to gained MS by being manipulated by Madara (Yes, to you other people who do not believe obito is alive or even give it a chance that it's a possibility. I do and I am not going to change my mind).

Obito/tobi/mask man/madara awakened the MS before kakashi even realized that he had MS powers. He just needed to know the next level of the sharingan. This is why we see madara being able to master the MS power more than kakashi did. Madara's MS power and kakashi's MS power are similar. Kakashi is just a beginner in using the MS while madara knows all about it and can use it to perfection.

We also see another picture where madara looks deeply into kakashi when they meet. Madara is staring at him with a somewhat angry look.

It's a very long assumption/theory that I have been developing during these days. It's just one of the mysteries I am trying to figure out.

Why would kishi choose not show obito's grave or corpse?
Why would kishi hide how Rin died or when and where or what happened to her?
Why is madara hiding his identity even though everyone knows he is madara?

these are the questions I am constantly asking myself. The more I think about it the more I believe that obito is alive and that he took control over obito's body.

Last edited:

NarutoVsGoku

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You know what, re-reading your post made me comprehend your point sorry about the previous point... It could be a state of mind that triggers the MS. Kakashi definately has stuff which he regrets you got a good point there
this too is plausible. maybe Kakashi meditated on what it would feel like to kill someone close to you.

people are forgetting its not losing or witnessing someone close to you die. its killing that person.

btw Itachi was the one who said kill your friend not Madara

NarutoVsGoku

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This is indeed a very interesting question that I have been working around to find the answer. No one is going to be able to know the right answer to this but we can speculate or make an assumption as to how Kakashi obtained his MS.

My assumption:

I haven't seen anywhere or read that a non uchiha would be able to take his/her sharingan to the next level.

When kakashi met Itachi before getting to the cave where garaa's tailed beast was being sucked, Kakashi made a indirect approach to Itachi saying "how good is your vision?" a question similar to this. I am not sure I would have to check. Itachi immediately knew what kakashi meant by that question and he responded "kakashi you.... Impossible". This means that Itachi too believes that kakashi wouldn't have been capable of awaking the MS. Obviously Kakashi knows everything behind the secrets of the MS. He probably even went and read the tablet of the uchiha.

You can not just assume that kakashi killed his best friend. He is not this type of person. He is not going to kill his best friend for power or someone dear to him. This is just something we all know kakashi wouldn't do. And we all know that Obito was an outcast to the uchiha and the only people obito considered as friends to him were kakashi and rin and probably the fourth hokage.

There is no way kakashi awakened the MS. Someone had to awakened for him. Someone who is an uchiha. Or in fact someone named Obito.

This gives the possibility that Obito is indeed alive and that there is a possibility he killed Rin to gained MS by being manipulated by Madara (Yes, to you other people who do not believe obito is alive or even give it a chance that it's a possibility. I do and I am not going to change my mind).

Obito/tobi/mask man/madara awakened the MS before kakashi even realized that he had MS powers. He just needed to know the next level of the sharingan. This is why we see madara being able to master the MS power that kakashi has. Madara's MS power and kakashi's MS power are similar. Kakashi is just a beginner in using the MS while madara knows all about it and can use it to perfection.

We also see another a picture where madara looks deeply into kakashi when they meet. Madara is staring at him with a somewhat angry look.

It's a very long assumption/theory that I have been developing during these days. It's just one the mysteries I am trying to figure out.

these are the questions I am constantly asking myself. The more I think about it the more I believe that obito is alive and that he took control over obito's body.
no no no no no you had me at Obito being the outcast to his clan.

Obito wasnt an outcast. he was considerably weak though compared to the average Uchiha.

just as its not in Kakashis character to kill a close one its nowhere near in Obitos either. Obito is the one who made Kakashi realize the important of not abandoning their friends.

btw Obito's dead. crushed by rocks. and he died right after unlokcing his regular sharingan powers. Rin is the one who implanted Obitos eye in Kakashi so Rin was not killed by Obito. Rin however died some time after that whole event. Obito was under boulders buried. Madara would not need his dead corspes. Madara wouldnt know what to do with a dead corspes. if anything he IF he found Obito body somehow under a pile of boulders he would take Obito's right eye but that eye was crushed soo Obito's dead body is useless.

only reason to show Kakashi Gaiden was to show how Kakashi got his sharingan, Kakashi's growth from strictly following rules to putting his friends 1st, a lil bit of the 4ths coolness and Obito was a Uchiha version of Naruto and his only purpose was to teach Kakashi not to abadon his friends and give him his sharingan to perfect the chidori. Obitos dead.

i dont think any killing was involved in Kakashi unlocking MS but i agree he must have read those Uchiha tablets and learned about the sharingan eyes. Kakashi was a heavy reader. knowing the all ninja rules by heart as a kid and always reading those Make Out Tactics.

shadedcrow

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
in kakashis battles with Itachi if he was useing his sharinggan and when he got sucked into Itachis genjutisu he could have simply copied it then. Its just a tech after all borderline bloodline limit. You just need the correct set of eyes and ample chakra. Not to mention when he was in the technique he watched himself die if I rember correctly whos closer to Kihashi than himself. If killing your best friend was a requirement Danzo had what six of them sealed in his arm plus his left eye. As far as we know there are only four people who have unlocked it not including Danzo wherever and however he got his.

Last edited:

Stampy

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
in kakashis battles with Itachi if he was useing his sharinggan and when he got sucked into Itachis genjutisu he could have simply copied it then. Its just a tech after all borderline bloodline limit. You just need the correct set of eyes and ample chakra.
Chakra that Kakashi does NOT have which explain why he is soooo affected by even short term sharingan use.... Besides The sharingan can copy some tactics not all of them... One last point... If Kakashi could copy a MS with his regular 3 tamoe sharingan then how come every uchiha did not had MS after Madara and Izuna had awakened it ?! ...
===> Not plausible.

if anything he IF he found Obito body somehow under a pile of boulders he would take Obito's right eye but that eye was crushed soo Obito's dead body is useless.
You don't know that dude! Rin only implented Obito's left sharingan cause Kakashi was missing his left eye from recent battle scar.... No one ever said Obito's other sharingan was crushed.... and if it was crushed then so would his right side of the skull and brain... how would he still be talking if it was the case... You know I understand you're against a theory where Obito is still alive (I am) but you just CAN'T tell people they are wrong out of the blue like that... I for one believe Tobi (could be madara could be someone else! Why else would he hide his face otherwise?) have Obito's left eye cause its power is sooo close to Obito's right sharingan in the hands of Kakashi!

But anyway !!! going to sleep I'll check this thread tomorow ttyl guys keep it moving!!!

(BTW, no one has really discussed their opinion on wether or not Kakashi is loosing sight from using MS)

NarutoVsGoku

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You don't know that dude! Rin only implented Obito's left sharingan cause Kakashi was missing his left eye from recent battle scar.... No one ever said Obito's other sharingan was crushed.... and if it was crushed then so would his right side of the skull and brain... how would he still be talking if it was the case... You know I understand you're against a theory where Obito is still alive (I am) but you just CAN'T tell people they are wrong out of the blue like that... I for one believe Tobi (could be madara could be someone else! Why else would he hide his face otherwise?) have Obito's left eye cause its power is sooo close to Obito's right sharingan in the hands of Kakashi!

But anyway !!! going to sleep I'll check this thread tomorow ttyl guys keep it moving!!!

(BTW, no one has really discussed their opinion on wether or not Kakashi is loosing sight from using MS)
you should go back to the Kakashi Gaiden part and read where Obito says his right side of his body is crushed. his right eye was destroyed!! if he wasnt crushed by the gigantic boulder than Rin would have been able to save him but half of his body was destroyed making him un-"saveable". Obito's corpse has no purpose and i will say it again the idea that he is alive or body being used is wrong. i do not believe Tobi/Madara has anything to do with Obito.

btw Rin only implemented Obito's left eye under Obito's wishes. Kakashi had lost his left and Obito, since he was crushed, thought his left eye to replace Kakashi's damaged one would be the suitable gift for Kakashi for becoming a Jonin.

NarutoVsGoku

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
in kakashis battles with Itachi if he was useing his sharinggan and when he got sucked into Itachis genjutisu he could have simply copied it then. Its just a tech after all borderline bloodline limit. You just need the correct set of eyes and ample chakra. Not to mention when he was in the technique he watched himself die if I rember correctly whos closer to Kihashi than himself. If killing your best friend was a requirement Danzo had what six of them sealed in his arm plus his left eye. As far as we know there are only four people who have unlocked it not including Danzo wherever and however he got his.
Danzo stole the sharingan eyes from Shisui and a couple of dead Uchiha most likely after the Uchiha Massacre.

you cant copy bloodline limit jutsus. not even with the sharingan.

shadedcrow

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
anyone who uses MS techniques put a strain on their energy. the MS used up huge amounts of Sauskes energy same with Itchi who have had it the longest and Danzo. The still plausable because we don't know how many people had the regular sharingan and how many had it with three taome, but everyone other than Danzo has so it must be a requirement. Yeah people know you can't copy blood line limits so it couldn't be one.your using science to try and deduce the conditions for MS but if you can't prove something and you can't disprove it its heresay and technicaly plausable till proven otherwise. Logicaly and scientificly speaking wether anyone personaly agrees or not. And from what we know about MS use it does cause blindnes so use sparingly till EMS. And I didn't say MS was a blood line limit I said it was borderline because it at least requires the eye which is blood/genetic related and thus limited to who has access to it.

Last edited:

kcy0

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I know EXACTLY how Kakashi got his MS.

He obtained it through....Icha Icha Paradise! He was training his sharingan as usual by reading Icha Icha Tactics with his sharingan eye and got to the part where the main character dies. He was soooo sad that he unlocked MS.

Lol, this actually makes sense and fits into the timeline.

I thought about Kakashi got MS because Jiraiya died, but that comes after he got MS, so no.

Saber

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Did a lot of research on that particular chapter actually and when you say there is no mention of a higher level till later on makes me laugh... Especially since Kakashi was the first cited (yes cited, cause they were other's before but in the manga that was a first) victim of Itachi's Tsukoyumi which is the ultimate Genjutsu from a MS!

Your post may not be a total loss though that gives us a start!!! Kakashi must have tried to strengthen his Sharingan since that specific encounter with Itachi, maybe the pain he endured during that genjutsu made him awaken to the MS in the long term? Or something else? Probably did some research to awaken it? Interesting anyone else has a theory from that?

maby i should have done some looking into befor i posted to that whole lazy thing i was talking about befor thanx for the reminder you are right.

Stampy

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
you should go back to the Kakashi Gaiden part and read where Obito says his right side of his body is crushed. his right eye was destroyed!! if he wasnt crushed by the gigantic boulder than Rin would have been able to save him but half of his body was destroyed making him un-"saveable". Obito's corpse has no purpose and i will say it again the idea that he is alive or body being used is wrong. i do not believe Tobi/Madara has anything to do with Obito.
Right side of his BODY, you said it. Trust me I have read it couple times I know the story. and again I am not saying that he survived and he is tobi re-read my post please, I am saying his other sharingan is not for certain crushed... People can still talk with their body crushed for a little while (I know a man who had one of those wonderful conversation with his dying wife in the alps) but if half of your skull is crushed it is instant death.

Howard

Supreme
Kin
1,430💸
Kumi
4,464💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Chakra that Kakashi does NOT have which explain why he is soooo affected by even short term sharingan use.... Besides The sharingan can copy some tactics not all of them... One last point... If Kakashi could copy a MS with his regular 3 tamoe sharingan then how come every uchiha did not had MS after Madara and Izuna had awakened it ?! ...
===> Not plausible.

I do believe that with overuse he will go blind because when he does use it he has to stop aputly from the pain...

My assumption:

There is no way kakashi awakened the MS. Someone had to awakened it for him. Someone who is an uchiha. Or in fact someone named Obito.

Obito/tobi/mask man/madara awakened the MS before kakashi even realized that he had MS powers. He just needed to know the next level of the sharingan. This is why we see madara being able to master the MS power more than kakashi did. Madara's MS power and kakashi's MS power are similar. Kakashi is just a beginner in using the MS while madara knows all about it and can use it to perfection.

We also see another picture where madara looks deeply into kakashi when they meet. Madara is staring at him with a somewhat angry look.

It's a very long assumption/theory that I have been developing during these days. It's just one of the mysteries I am trying to figure out.

They show both Obito and Rin's grave in Naruto Shippudean movie 3 Inheritors of the Wil of Fire

Toby Uchiha

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nobody knows the answer to that right now but he mostly got gained it during the timeskip they had when Naruto went with Jiraiya. I'm pretty sure they will have a Kakashi Chronicles part 2 to show how he gained it lol
Yeah that's correct, nobody knows the answer right now. I also hope that it'll be revealed in a special ark or something. And i wanna finally see his face :D

Rambo200

<div class="bbWrapper">I think he got it from hard training.<br /> As, it wasn't his MS, he could do it just by trainig.</div>