Kin
178💸
Kumi
2,386💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
AMD ftw. Since... Ever!

The last INTEL I had was a P4. Always AMD from there. Best bang for the buck, never had any issues playing games or working while saving up to 50% of what i would spend on a mid-end Intel machine.

BlacLord™

Legendary
Kin
22💸
Kumi
12💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
AMD's good for a budget chip but Intel's equivalent offering will always be more powerful and efficient. When Intel launches their offering, Ryzen will be usurped.

Darth AniCetuS

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
AMD's good for a budget chip but Intel's equivalent offering will always be more powerful and efficient. When Intel launches their offering, Ryzen will be usurped.
Competition is good for the consumer so I hope AMD keeps up with Intel. Ofc, I'll always buy whichever has the best price performance ratio in its segment.

Ricardo

Banned
Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I'm still rocking with a FX 8320 from 2011. It's still a 8 core beast. I have mine overclocked at 4.6Ghz. It's a beast for the time it was made and it still haves great performance in games even when most DX11 games only support 4 cores. DX 12 is just around the corner and it will definitely improve hyper threaded performance by a margin.

It's stupid how people buy a AMD processor and don't overclock it at all. These chips are easily overclocked. 4.6Ghz is a easy overclock. Then there's the people that don't know nothing about overclocking or overclock with their stock cooler and manage to fry their cpu. That's where most of AMD's bad reputation comes from... saying that it sucks and it's hot and stuff like that.

Here's my temperatures right now:

You must be registered for see images

I'm pretty happy with this processor overall. It was on sale at 95$ when i first bought it, it was a good deal. And i'm definitely not going to change/upgrade it any time soon.