Awards
You must be registered for see images

Series Name: High school of the dead

Year of Serialization: 2010-07-05

Author(s): Daisuke Satō

Artist(s): Ayu Kawamoto

Genre(s): action, drama, horror, thriller, Ecchi

Current Status: Completed

Moment of Reviewing: Episode 12 (completed)

Other Formats: Manga created by Daisuke Satou and Shouji Satou (ongoing)

Series Summary
The overall summary of this anime is simple. Its about a boy named Takashi Komuro. A simple high school student with his own problems. The main one is the girl he loves is with another man. But those small problems become serious problems when he witnesses outside the school gates a attack a random man kills the gym teacher. But that random man was a zombie and then quickly everyone on the school figures out what happens. In the matter of seconds the area because filled zombies attacking the students. Its an infection whenever a zombie bites a human that human turns into a zombie themselves. Takashi fights his way out along with some other friends, The nurse, A nerd who ends up being a badass with guns, A girl who knows how to handle a sword, A smart pink haired girl, and the girl Takashi loves. From there they begin there journey to find up what really happened in Japan.
Critical Review
Now of course I was hesitant to write a review about a ecchi anime. But personally I liked the anime it was not half bad. I mean whats the point, yes its not a serious anime like most but at least it doesn't act like a anime it really isn't. This anime almost takes pride into its ecchi-ness and completely have fun.
Mainly what really catches the attention of this anime towards the public is two main thins. One being all the nudity the other is the epic action, Yes a couple of high school students killing a bunch of zombies. If that type of action isn't satisfying to watch then I don't know what is.

Know before I get the hated on why I decided to review this anime let me explain. First off this anime is real to itself it doesn't act like a mystery anime, or a deep romance anime. It knows what it is and completely works with it whether people likes it or not. Its not a plot type of anime, If anything there is no plot to this anime at all. Like I mentioned there are two things that make this anime famous.
Action and Nudity, Now why this anime is famous ? Its simple really the major viewers of this anime are male. What do men like?...Chicks and guns personally that's all men really want to see and its a shame if someone says other wise. I'm not saying I don't like to watch a plot deep anime or a mystery one. But I would be lying if I said I didn't like this anime because of those two main reasons. Let me tell you guys one more reason how this proves my point. What sales more then anything? What grabs the attention of 90% of every man out there? I think you guys know where I'm getting at here, Its a lot of action and a lot of naked women. This is what makes the anime so famous and known.

Now that we got that out of the way, I want to say something right now before I go on more, I'm rating and reviewing this anime as a two ways as a whole and as a ecchi. Got it ? Great.

What makes this anime good is its just fun to watch. You don't need to think to much while watching this anime, yet you don't need to worry about any plot twist because well there is no plot. But its fun to watch, It has funny moment and awesome action moments to which always make me like watching this anime. Of course I'm a guy as well so I won't lie I do watch it for fan service as well. But it isn't the type of fan service that ruins the anime because the anime is all about fan service . Its whole purpose is to service the fans, and to kill hundreds of zombies an episode.
The anime quality is also very well done and beautiful to see. No I'm serious the quality of the anime is great.
The sound track I don't really notice it since my mind goes somewhere else when I watch this anime.

With that being sad there all occasional dumb moments that really makes no sense in this anime and just seems like the writers did not care about making at least a proper plot for some people. This anime is pretty isolated and doesn't have a huge map that the kids travel through instead it seems like sometimes while watching the anime that they never progress at all. The anime is gore full and sometimes creeps you out to an extent that makes you wonder...How did this anime get approve to be made? Like I said there is no plot and very simple to figure out. Everything is to predictable and almost gives no challenge while watching the anime.
Buts Its fun to watch for a free time so don't expect this anime to have to much.

So that's the end of the review. Not much to really say since the anime isn't much really to talk about its a static anime. So like I said I will rate this anime in two ways.
Rating for the Ecchi genre: 8/10
Rating for a overall anime: 3/10

Last edited:
Reactions: GenKiDama

BelphaZar

Veteran
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Seen it love it although at the middle of it i wasnt expecting that to happen if you know what i mean lol its something not for kids only ADULTs. still really good anime because it didnt focus on THOSE adult stuff & kept moving on.. i give it a solid 8.5 / 10 :hooray:

Reactions: Noni

Noni

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Seen it love it although at the middle of it i wasnt expecting that to happen if you know what i mean lol its something not for kids only ADULTs. still really good anime because it didnt focus on THOSE adult stuff & kept moving on.. i give it a solid 8.5 / 10 :hooray:
The middle part is what made the anime so damn famous everywhere !

Reactions: Revyy

Revyy

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The manga is much better and there is way more to the story line you know?

I would give the show a 5 since It stuck to the manga, but It deserves a 2 for not making all the episodes. The manga has like 80 chapters and they only go to 12 for the anime D:

GenKiDama

Banned
Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

I would give the show a 5 since It stuck to the manga, but It deserves a 2 for not making all the episodes. The manga has like 80 chapters and they only go to 12 for the anime D:
unfortunately that is the case for alot of good mangas/anime

Shura

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
H.O.T.D is pretty good if you ask me. :cool:

They're most likely gonna make a 2nd season once more manga chapters are released.

Noni

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

I've read the manga I would review it but most people have seen the anime then the manga.
They might make a season 2 for the anime.

Reactions: amarusboobs

BelphaZar

Veteran
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The middle part is what made the anime so damn famous everywhere !
Ohh thats explains it all lmfaoo

I would give the show a 15 since It stuck to the manga, but It deserves a 20 for not making all the episodes. The manga has like 80 chapters and they only go to 12 for the anime D:
wuuuuuuaaaatts ! you kidding me thats stupid why the anime production is gonna cut and leave out so many episodes im gonna go read the manga thank you

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I only watched the anime. I can't stand how every episode had the word dead in it. It's like ok you don't have to have the word dead in every title.. And also how the go damn credits will start to play 8 mins before episode was actually over.. Wth !!! Haha. It was a cool story tho 4/5

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yeah i like this anime a lot, high school of the dead is so epic, i guess for a lot of anime now in days their stopping the anime and continuing the manga.

Like every new anime that's coming, 12 ep's is its max, so i better start reading the manga of each anime then.

Shura

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yeah i like this anime a lot, high school of the dead is so epic, i guess for a lot of anime now in days their stopping the anime and continuing the manga.

Like every new anime that's coming, 12 ep's is its max, so i better start reading the manga of each anime then.
They're gonna make a 2nd season for HOTD, but they will release once more manga chapters are released.

ahmher

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

i have one question which anime series is your sig from