drknght

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm looking for a some type of software that would teach you how to distinguish sound notes. So, lets say this program plays a sound and we have to tell wether it's C, D, A etc.

Is there any such program?

drknght

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
If I want to play a song on the piano, [a song] which I heard, lets say, on the radio, I need to know which sounds to play on the keyboard. I really can't explain it any better.

The Necromancer

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
if thats it then i want the software to
I'm looking for a some type of software that would teach you how to distinguish sound notes. So, lets say this program plays a sound and we have to tell wether it's C, D, A etc.

Is there any such program?
Well the ability to distinguish different music pitches, without a starting note, is called perfect pitch. Distinguishing different notes starting with a base note is called relative pitch because you are hearing the new pitch based on the old pitch, rather than knowing a pitch without help, if that's what you're looking for.

drknght

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well the ability to distinguish different music pitches, without a starting note, is called perfect pitch. Distinguishing different notes starting with a base note is called relative pitch because you are hearing the new pitch based on the old pitch, rather than knowing a pitch without help, if that's what you're looking for.
I see. I can always move every sound up and down by one or 1/2 of the tone. So basically, I want to master translating song into my piano playing - as it is.

The Necromancer

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I see. I can always move every sound up and down by one or 1/2 of the tone. So basically, I want to master translating song into my piano playing - as it is.
Oh. So you want to be able to hear a song, like on the radio or something, and be able to play the notes on the piano based off of what you heard without going online and finding the key or anything?

drknght

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Oh. So you want to be able to hear a song, like on the radio or something, and be able to play the notes on the piano based off of what you heard without going online and finding the key or anything?
If I want to play a song on the piano, [a song] which I heard, lets say, on the radio, I need to know which sounds to play on the keyboard. I really can't explain it any better.

Ja.

I guess I have to go back to my old way of learning it.

The Necromancer

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ja.

I guess I have to go back to my old way of learning it.
What you're referring to is ear training, which most, if not all, music composition majors need to learn. MacGAMUT is a good place to start. It has basic music lessons to get you started and to train you how to write notes on a staff, and then it has more advanced lessons that teach you how to hear pitches or rhythms and reproduce them with, or without, a starting pitch.

Reactions: drknght

drknght

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What you're referring to is ear training, which most, if not all, music composition majors need to learn. MacGAMUT is a good place to start. It has basic music lessons to get you started and to train you how to write notes on a staff, and then it has more advanced lessons that teach you how to hear pitches or rhythms and reproduce them with, or without, a starting pitch.
I really know the basics. But after learning many different melodies of the sheet, it's time to set the bar even higher. Thank you.

Last edited: