The Mockingjay

Legendary
Kin
484💸
Kumi
2,483💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Go ahead and post Eyce here and give me a usage of it alongside another jutsu of your choice, try to think outside the box. Give me something that even I didn't think of. The usage of the jutsu will show me that you understand the way the technique works and how to use it, if it's good then it's yours.

Edward

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Illusionary Arts: Eyce (Genjutsu: Eyce)
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra: 30
Damage: N/A
Description: After performing a single handseal, the user traps the opponent inside a genjutsu. With the genjutsu in place, the next step that the opponent takes is met by a sudden flash freeze which emanates from their feet and rises up quickly through their body before settling behind the eyes. The opponent then sees an frosted white veil begin to form over their eyes, giving the impression that his eyes have been covered in ice. With the veil also comes the inability to look in any direction other than forward.
-Cannot be used in successive turns-
-Can only be used four times per battle-
-Must be taught by The Mockingjay-

I think this technique compliments my Ice bio nicely. I'm like, one cycle away from getting a fuuin/ice technique approved where a barrier will be created and anything within it will gradually turn into ice... so I feel like with that technique, anyone inside would instinctively attempt to escape it (since the effects build up with each turn). But if i were to use this technique right after, if they try to escape, they will only be able to look forwards and I can follow it up by throwing projectiles or something behind them..

I could also use this when they're falling on the ground, and right when they land, the genjutsu would be triggered, as landing would count for taking a step. Once they're vision is fixated only forwards, I could materialize two ice creations in both sides.. One would be significantly larger, so its creation would be louder, while the other one would simply be a needle of ice.. With the user unable to look both sides, I think they would be focused on the louder sound, or the louder sound would be more prominent so they'd likely just defend from one side, not knowing that the other side has a smaller but equally dangerous threat.

This technique's really nice with ice since it creates a frosted veil in their eyes, making it hard to deduce the technique without metagaming.

(Ninjtsu: Shūkai) - Ninjutsu: The Gathering
Show
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short-Long
Chakra: 20 (+5 per turn)
Damage: N/A
Description: The user sends a specific nature of chakra towards a targeted area, condensing it into a visible and non-harmful orb of chakra of that nature. Their chakra will passively draw in particles in the air including but not limited to mist, sand, poison, or other elements. The user's chakra essentially acts as a focal point for which foreign and their own chakra will be drawn to. The element and particles drawn into it must be the same as the chakra used. For instance, one can send their earth chakra towards an area and attract dust from the ground and smaller earth sediments, but cannot use earth chakra to draw in water particles. When used, all the targeted material will be attracted towards the focal point, the orb, with a 5 meter radius where all the particles would be condensed in that area, unable to spread throughout the terrain as it would normally. This technique is effective in hindering the enemy's vision for a certain amount of time or evading threatening substances in the air. The user can only use one elemental nature for this technique (they cannot make a focal point of both earth / water nature to draw in dust and mist, it must only be one elemental nature that is drawn in.)
Notes:
- Usable 4 times
- The user must have the chakra nature of the particle/element they wish to draw in
- only works on B ranks and below

Any questions on this? how would you use it?

The Mockingjay

Legendary
Kin
484💸
Kumi
2,483💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Wonderful.

My initial idea when I saw the technique was to use it alongside my Smoke bio (which I'm in the process of building), so I'd create a mist, throws a kunai, use this gathering technique in a location either to a side or behind my opponent depending on ranges, then I'd turn to smoke myself and allow myself to be pulled into the orb along with the mist, reforming when I reach a new location, still surrounded my mist and throw a second kunai.

I think this would prove to be a pretty powerful strategy for me and suits my fighting style incredibly well being a diversion/stealth based RP'er. I could potentially use it to extend the range on my perfume techs too with a little descriptive prowess.

----
My main questions would be based on these uses. Firstly, can the orb be made of CE or KG natured chakra in order to in things other than earth and mist etc.

Then, would a water natured orb draw other liquid based particles and water based CE or just pure water?