Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Reborn went to the dojo where Lunaria waited for him. Reborn had spent the last few months concealed from the rest of the clan, lounging around the mountainside behind the village. He left the clan in the hands of Mugetsu and Genji while he was away, hoping they wouldn't manage to burn the clan down in his absence.

Reborn's return was brought about by the sudden influx of shinobi from around the ninja world, members possessing kinship with his family and ancestors. Reborn, was sluggish on his return to the village and his responsibilities as leader. When he entered the dojo, Luneria's presence was almost purposely forgotten, though Taijin made it literally impossible for Reborn to not be aware of her.

"Right....Luna? was it Luna something. Remind me who you are again?"

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
799💸
Kumi
988💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
Lunaria, that’s who I am yes. As for who I am, um…my father was supposed to meet me here, but I haven’t been able to locate him. His name is Daisuke Hayabusa – my mother told me to come seek him here. It would be nice if you can guide me to him. Luna said, acknowledging the appearance of the individual into the well-made Dojo. Its her first time being in Owatasumi but she immediately fell in love with the design of the buildings and what seems to be the village customs.

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Reborn nodded his head until Luna finished her sentence, slowly processing everything she said. He didn't stop until the part about being related to "Daisuke Hayabusa" reached him. He stopped suddenly and his eyes slightly perked up in surprised. He turned to face Lunaria and looked closely at her.

"Uncle Dai had a kid?" Reborn said aloud to himself. Reborn cupped his hands behind his head and puffed his cheeks before slowly blowing out air from his mouth.

"Alright, so...a few things: My name is Rin'ne, everyone calls me Reborn, I'm your cousin and the clan's grandmaster, your dad died, mandetory clan meetings every other Tuesdays, and training for new genin begins everyday at 5am in the dojo with Genjiro-dono unless I'm training you, in which case whenever I roll out of bed in the morning, and there is a 100 kumi tithe that every new member needs to pay me personally before training begins, any questions?"

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
799💸
Kumi
988💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
Lunaria heard the words of the individual present…but to hear her father has passed. It truly didn’t come to a real surprise that it had happened considering her mother wasn’t exactly thrilled about sending her to Owatasumi. However she didn’t know her father beyond some vague memories from when she was an infant, but she didn’t feel as bad as she thought. Ah…well I didn’t know papa that well so it’s not that bad I guess but its an honor meeting you, Ikoto – kun. she said with a bow in respect to her cousin. She was curious as to what the clan had to offer her outside of her knowledge of ninjutsu.

I don’t know all those extra things…but Im a Genin here I was told by some gatekeeper you have posted out in the entrance, so id like to start my training right away when possible, please. she said to Rin’ne

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Reborn scratched his head, "I don't know what you just called me but you can call me Reborn-dono/sama/sensei/shishou or something like that. I guess you're my older cousin if you were born before he passed, but I'm assuming we close to the same age." Reborn waved for Luna to follow him to the entrance.

"If you ever care to pay your respects to your father, the graveyard for our people is toward the south down the hill. As for everything else I said, you can disregard it for the time being. Tell me, is there anything you do know about our clan?"
------

You know the drill, give me a BRIEF but thorough explanation of the clan info you know.

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
799💸
Kumi
988💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
Luna came towards the entrance, as her eyes beamed into the distance she can vaguely see the gravestones in the distance but she gripped her skirt tightly before loosening her grip. She sighed but appreciated the gesture her cousin offered her. Thank you, Ill keep that in mind but for the time being, ive only came here for my own benefit. Father was never in my life, but it wasn’t his fault…it was the Kirigakure clan’s. Ive come to learn from my Hayabusa kin, with him being my mentor but if he’s not around anymore I guess Ill move onto the next best person. As for my knowledge of the family? Hardly anything besides rumors and legends…but from what mother told me, our ancestors where once simple farmers, who learnt to use tools with a unique chakra inside of her called “Chakra no Ryujin”? My knowledge is very vague but if you can fill in the blanks then that would be much appreciated. Luna said.

The Hayabusa is a clan of Shinobi from Owatasumi, who for generations has possessed a unique form of chakra from the Sanjimon. This is Chakra no Ryujin, which allows the Hayabusa access to ability known as Wuji. This ability allows the user to basically control the concept of existence, namely erasing things from existence but also having the ability to bring things back from it. The clan members are also undetectable to others outside of the clan bar the basic five senses, which means all forms of extrasensory is null vs them. The clan has its unique form of Ninjutsu which manipulates Wuji called Neidan, which gives an application to the Chakra no Ryujin.

There is more to the clan but you said keep it brief so we can go further lol.

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Alright, I'm going to use Kakashi's signature move and copy. Here's Xylon's post, which honestly captures most of everything you need as an introduction.

Xylon's Introduction

Fair warning, I'll be using a lot of old links since I don't like to re-explain myself. If you find you have questions, ask me and I'll clarify as necessary. Little lazy, I know, but I feel like I've had too many discussions, threads, and seminars about these abilities

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
799💸
Kumi
988💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
I've read through the post and I must say I'm intrigued by it. I'll take some time to read further into it but I have a level headed grasp of Xylon's explanation in my mind set, thus I have no immediate questions for now.

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Reborn scratched his head, "Right, I suppose you wouldn't know much." Reborn went back into the dojo and went to the front of the shrine where a collection of old scrolls and books resided. Reborn shifted around and pulled out two thick scrolls with the kanji for "Chakra" and "Wujin" inscribed on them respectfully.

He tossed his cousin the scrolls as he walked past her. "Read these, I'm gonna go grab some lunch."
-----------------
I'm going to add to Xylon's massive text

Chakra no Ryujin (Chakra of the Dragon)

Firstly, I want to give a clearer definition of what our chakra is. Based off the explanation of how Hagoromo came to pass down chakra to non-native possessors of it, we were among them. However, originally we also received a type of power/energy from the Sanjin during the time of Kaguya's battle with her sons. In essence where every other person received chakra through Hagoromo, we received energy from two places (The dragons and Hagoromo). The combination of the two entities (essence of the dragons and chakra) resulted in our unique chakra.

How this manifests is through the possession of three chakra centers known as dantian, a chinese word to describe pools of energy that are believed to existed in everyone. Ordinary people possess one center located typically in the lower abdomen below the navel. This would be the location of the first (lower) dantian for a Hayabusa. The other two subsequent chakra centers within our body are located in the center of the chest (middle) and in the center of the forehead/mind's eye (upper). Each of these fields have a domain of control, where the chakra from that region can affect in regards to existential manipulation. The lower deals with essence/material/physical existence; the middle deals with ethereal/energy/vital existence, and the upper deals with spiritual/mental/metaphysical existence. More on this when we get into actual techniques.

Passive Traits

Fundamentally, the passive traits are the first latter of manipulation of the dantian and understanding the existential manipulation of the Hayabusa. These passives are three in nature; Wujin, Taijin, and Spirituality.

First is Wujin which translates to "no being." This is the passive trait that plights most because it takes away most people's heightened sensory capabilities when it comes to Hayabusa. I wanted a clan ability that held an aspect of a ninja that is/was very seldom focused on in the RP, which was stealth.
"any means of comprehension of the existence of the Hayabusa that isn’t done through the five basic senses is impossible for non-Hayabusa "
This quote within the submission is the most powerful and needs to be understood. any attempt to comprehend a Hayabusa outside of the five basic senses is impossible because of passive wujin. Another way to translate this is "With Wujin, while a Hayabusa may exist actually, the cognizant, perceptual, and conceptual understanding of their existence does not unless sensed in a way that correlates directly to understanding in the five basic senses." Another way to think of this is with the HunterxHunter Chimera Ant Meleoron's "Perfect Plan" ability. For context, here is a clip from the series (Warning of Spoilers for anyone who hasn't seen it that is watching)

Pay attention until roughly 23:00 mark of the explanation of this ability. In the clip we (the audience) experience what Gon does in that Meleoron (the chameleon) completely disappears from the mind's understanding on a sensory level. Even the physical space he occupies does not register in sight, sound, smell, or touch as we saw Gon interact with the space as though Meleoron wasn't there but was actually touching. Now, shift slightly and replace the 5 senses with all other senses except those five for passive wujin. As for active wujin, perfect plan is an exact mirror, the five senses do not register either and the Hayabusa becomes beyond sensing in any capacity.

Another thing I want to bring to attention, for one is another line, which I want to clarify.
Also, due to the fact that a Hayabusa is essentially out of the plain of existence in this form, they cannot attack an opponent or mold their chakra to use techniques until they release the wujin and once again appear in the enemies senses.
The part I want to focus on is the first part about "essentially out of the plain of existence" this was added in by Scorps and is not an original edit. This part is subject to a bit of controversy, at least in my eyes, because it describes active wujin as a means of leaving existence entirely rather than just perceptually. I need to discuss this with Chris and the other mods. However, the intent of this piece was to only erase existential understanding, and not the user. Although, the way this is worded, the user exists existence, thus giving us the ability to actively enter and exist existence completely with this.

Now, before I move onto Taijin, do you have any questions or concerns with anything I just said?

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
799💸
Kumi
988💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
Lunaria took the scrolls in question, taking a moment to sit down in the corner of the dojo as she started to begin reading them to herself. Her eyes become wide eyed as she read the new influx of information.

Read it all and I understood it, not concerns or issues from me at the moment but will bring them up if I ever do have any.

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
An elderly with a long pipe and scar across his left eye entered the dojo to find Lunaria reading the scrolls she was presented.

"I knew I felt the presence of an unfamiliar person in the halls. You must be one of the new pups that arrived in the village." The elderly man said. He noticed the scrolls. "Rin-sama wouldn't happen to be the one who left you here with those scrolls would he?" The elderly man sighed already knowing the answer.

"That boy's genius is rivaled only by his unparalleled laziness and lack of responsibility. Honestly." The man went to the front of the room and pulled out several more scrolls that he brought forward to Lunaria and spread them across the floor beside himself as he sat down. "I am Genjiro, I am the head instructor for all the genin of the village. I came here for Rin-sama, however he's impossible to find if he doesn't want to be. I presume he'll return soon so, until then I shall assist you in your studies. Has he taught you anything about Wujin and Taijin?"
----------
Passive Traits Cont.

Now we'll move onto Taijin. Taijin translates to "supreme being." This is mainly to introduce the concept of Taiji which is the step after Wuji in the taijitu (diagram of Daoist creation). Because I'm all about equals and opposites; Wujin needed an opposite, which in this case is the ability to be aware/know everything that pertains directly to a Hayabusa's personal being. I like to think of it as being omnipotent in terms of oneself and other Hayabusa member below you. I will break this down bit by bit as well.

a Hayabusa makes themselves indefinitely aware of their own existence in whatever form and wherever it may be
This first part, means "no matter the state of the their existence, Hayabusa are aware." What constitutes our existence? For me that is whatever is uniquely ours in relation to physical, vital, and spiritual natures (in line with the dantian). Our cells, DNA, our chakra, our minds, our bodies, etc. Things like clothing and weapons I'd argue against. People could make the argument that while it is connected to you it is part of you or, since you shed skin cells every time you move and they get onto your cloths, you could detect your cloths even if they are away from you. While in proximity of you such as "holding" and "wearing" I'd see the potential for that. However, when detached from your body "taken off or torn, etc" I would say it'd be a stretch. If there was something else such as chakra or blood on your cloths, then there's the argument that you could be aware of those articles while away from you through the relationship of the blood or chakra located on them. I would condone/agree to that.

This is done through them being aware of the physical essence, vital energy, and spirituality of their own being.
This quote relates us back to the Dantian and our entire being. We are all knowing of our being in this sense. I would liken this to the omniscience of the Binkan clan but narrowed down exclusively to us. Now, going back to Taijin's relation to Wujin. While Wujin hides, Taijin reveal or keeps transparent. Taijin overrules Wujin for stronger/higher ranked members of the Hayabusa. So, we can translate everything I just said and will say for Taijin to weaker Hayabusa members as well as far as another knowing. Additionally we can negate Wujin for these weaker members as well and maintain it for higher ranked members. However, there is something important worth noting about Taijin. A Hayabusa's personal Taijin will even trump a higher ranked Hayabusa's Wujin if the latter engages the weaker Hayabusa. Take for example you and I. I am a Master Ranked Hayabusa, meaning there is no other who can match me and use Taijin in regards to my existence. You are a genin and your Wujin is nothing short of child's play in regard to my Taijin. In a scenario where we only rely on these to abilities to detect one another. I can sense you and you can't sense me. However, let's say somehow you splatter blood on my face. Your blood on my face becomes known to you and will remain so until it is removed. That is because that blood is still part of you. Let's take it a step further and say I assimilated your blood to me. As long as it is your dna that remains (cells don't die, and there is some of your dna still there) you will know where those cells and blood are. Personal Taijin > Any Wujin.

This ability does not give an indication of what exists around or what occurs around their existence. A Hayabusa will know nothing else other what pertains directly to their existence.
Lastly, a rule I want to make clear. You understand things in relation to your own existence and what happens or occurs to it not around it. If your arm is cut off and put on a spike in the middle of a desert surrounded by Chris, Teno, Vex, and Riker talking about how much of a punk you are for letting them take your arm. You will be aware that your arm is located in a desert and on a spike. You will not know that there are four loud mouths roasting the hell out of you.

Questions?

Last edited:

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
799💸
Kumi
988💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
Lunaria would see the new elderly appear before her as she quietly reads through the assigned documents. Unfortunately not...but I am reading the context of it from this scroll he provided me. Lunaria said to Genjiro.

None here once again.

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Genjiro sighed "I see. Well I won't insult your intelligence and reiterate what you already have read. Though, I will expect you to be sufficiently knowledgeable when time comes for your assessment." Genjiro stroked his chin. "I suppose I should move onward to touch upon our spiritual abilities."

Genjiro began explaining in great depth the abilities of the Hayabusa's enhanced spirit.
--------

Passive Traits Cont.

Spirituality is the simplest thing to understand when it comes to the passive traits. Historically (RP sense) we have a stronger spirit than the "ordinary" person due to possessing the spirits of our patron deities inside our bodies. One of the conditions for possessing the Watatsumi Sanjin was that they were not to be actual "Gods" but spiritual creatures similar to what we initially believed the Bijuu, and movie entities to be. They were mythical creatures with distinct powers and they gave part of their beings to us (Hayabusa collective) which elevated our spirits. Of course, I'd make the argument that spirits with the ability to manipulate their existential beings are akin to gods, that's neither here nor there. That being said, what we gain as a result of the Sanjin residing within us (other than Wujin and Taijin) are as follows:

When confronted with spiritual/mental attacks (with the exception of Yin Release and MS level), the damage and effects are reduced by half
This encompasses all techniques of a spiritual nature short of actual Yin Release and Mangekyou Sharingan level. As a Yin user, understand that Yin enhanced =/= Yin Release techniques. Enhanced Yamanaka and Five Elements Genjutsu are not inherently Yin Release genjutsu. However, the onset of Kuninotokotachi once one has entered Yin State, does and all subsequent techniques utilized while active.

It's easy to understand what the first part of this means "damage." With the actual damage system now in place, this does present a strong favor for us. A-ranks go from 60 dmg to 30. S-ranks from 80 to 40. It makes a difference if fighting gen specialists like us, or posers that now want to take the advantage of genjutsu being a quick source of damage. Now, what about the second word here "effects." How do we quantify these effects?

Paralysis, lowered mobility, decreased or degraded sensory perception, anything mentioned within a genjutsu that reflects in the user/victims's ability to do something as if the genjutsu did not exist is an effect. I never really mentioned this to the others, but it makes sense. Paralysis would not be complete paralysis, and sensory deprivation is not absolute. They occur and are a hinderance, but just as the damage of a jutsu is halved, so would the onset of the targeted effects. Though, I wouldn't try your luck making hand seals for kai or a technique if your body is not already close to being able to do so and you are struck with a paralyzing genjutsu. What about other spiritual/mental techniques like Nekura techniques, Yamanaka techniques, and whatever else is under that umbrella? The same goes. Even if these attacks generate some sort of physical damage but we still classify them as highly "spiritual" in nature, the results are the same. If significant enough to be codified as mental or spiritual, it falls under our umbrella. Nekura with their Keigoku techniques are also rather annoying with their damage multipliers. I don't know if any of that has been addressed or if there are any active Nekura clan members to even bring up the discussion. However, if previous attempts to address the flawed nature of some of their clan's abilities were any indication, I'd reason to say not much will happen with them. Though, time and again, I recall their abilities being mentioned as spiritual in nature, therefore, they too fall under here.

status effects (effects that place restrictions on a victim’s capabilities) would weaken by one rank.
Pay attention to the last part of the sentence "weaken by one rank." I used this wording to clearly indicate that whatever debilitating results that a jutsu puts on a user, their scope is weakened by one rank. For example a technique that prevents the victim from using A-rank and above techniques. This translates now into S-rank and above.

Now, something I just noticed, and something I may need to address with Chris is the fact that statuses that come into play such as duration of technique effectiveness, is not codified in "rank" but "turns." Take for example, a jutsu that renders an opponent unconscious after 2 turns. Ordinarily I considered this the same as the rank issue and it would weaken by a rank saying 3 turns. However, that in itself is not a rank. Now it is an effect of a jutsu (not sure if it'd be necessarily status or not), but it could fall into the category of the first quoted section which reduces damage by half. If it takes 3 turns then we'd say 4 and a half turns (odd but it's an example). Since I had previously mentioned status affects as something that restricts a user's capabilities, I'm not sure how, everything translates. We have situations where certain abilities may not be usable (non-elemental techniques, only certain elemental techniques, etc) but how do we classify that in a ranked fasion. We also have turn values for debilitating techniques (renders victim unconscious after x turns, lasts for x turns, etc) how do we classify those?

For the time being each case will be as I have instructed previously, just with the knowledge that the holes have been addressed. If a jutsu says "renders an opponent unconscious in 2 turns" take that to mean, "3 turns" if used on you, meaning you have 3 turns to survive it before attacking. If a technique says "It lasts 3 turns until it ends" take it to mean 2. In the case of techniques being used that restrict your ability to use a certain ability such as non-elemental techniques, sound, specialties, etc, take a middle ground and safely say you can use such ability or abilities to a relatively nonthreatening rank (B-rank) or, if multiple, cut it in half. What I intend to do is to question Chris about it.

actively resist the effects of any spiritual based techniques completely at the expense of a move (minus Yin and MS level).
lastly this is our deterrent against any such mental/spiritual technique that we wish not to take damage from or effects from period. This says to resist completely meaning no effect or damage shall befall us as a result. It costs a move slot but I'm not entirely sure it will count as a timeframe slot. With the recent issue of Jay's move I won't assume so I'll clarify it with authorities in the Q&A. However, the way I've been teaching is that, at the introduction of the afflicted jutsu on us, the use of the active resistance occurs before any set of hindrance comes about. If I cast genjutsu and you used this, you'd see and experience nothing of my genjutsu.

Another thing I'd like to emphasize is that this does include Hayabusa techniques. If you ever find yourself in a battle with another Hayabusa (official or not), and one of the techniques of the Upper Dantian afflict you, the same rules of our enhanced spirituality passive apply.

Questions.

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Final piece of intro stuff before we go into techniques. Passive qualities of Hayabusa are out of the way, now we have the passive traits that all Hayabusa techniques possess. I will break this up into three segments llike I did in the initial clan submission.

Neidan Sensory

This first trait actually extends to all of our techniques and not just Neidan. However, for the sake of understanding the scope of this we'll talk in terms of Neidan only.

Due to Wujin and the fact that a Hayabusa’s Dragon Chakra only interacts with Wuji (nothingness) when using Neidan, the mechanics of a technique cannot be detected by any means until their effect manifests.
Same mechanics as with us, our techniques are not detectable through any means outside of the 5 basic senses. In the case of Neidan, I make it to a point to describe physical indications of most techniques (a warp like phenomena similar to Kamui), with a visual and auditory distortion.

This rule only applies to non-Hayabusa shinobi and weaker Hayabusa.
Staying on the same point, just like with Wujin and Taijin, a stronger Hayabusa ninja's Taijin > weaker Wujin. Thus, if the two of us were fighting, no matter what technique you do, I'm aware of it in the same capacity as I'd be aware of you with Taijin.

Neidan Effectiveness

A Hayabusa has greatest control over the three properties in themselves, second most toward external inanimate and/or non-sentient existences, and weakest control in other sentient life
Very simple, our techniques give us a lot more liberty when we are manipulating our own existence as opposed to another's. The method behind this is "resistance." Those that do not wish to have their existence manipulated will resist more and thus, the higher an entity's ability to resist is, the more difficult it is to manipulate. Inanimate objects that have no will are easier than sentient beings. This is more of a component for understanding when creating your own customs and also understanding the limitations of currently existing techniques.

manipulating their own physical existence is much easier. Likewise Hayabusa have an easier time effecting the vital and spiritual existence of other entities (submitted techniques will reflect this).
This portion, explains the capability of each Dantian. Because our RP is very heavily oriented in what is physical and material, out ability to do things to the physical body/physical entities is more restricted than other areas. Also, at the lower dantian where everything is essentially rougher (essence to be refined), it's difficult to use such an unrefined method externally (at least that's my mindset anyway). The more you refine; energy/vitality, and spirit, the easier it is to use those. This is why you'll notice that, in some techniques, the upper dantian is easier to use on people rather than the lower dantian. You can also do a bit more with the middle dantian since it deals with energy. There aren't any current techniques that show this greater latitude for the middle, but it's possible to do in custom creation.

Neidan Scope

Neidan techniques cannot be absorbed or sealed but because Neidan techniques manifests in the plain of existence, they can be engaged, seen and perceived clearly
Finally, the scope defines how Neidan can be interacted. The most important part of this is the above mentioned quote. Neidan techniques in all forms, ranks, cannot be absorbed or sealed. Barrier are included in this; meaning the effectiveness of barriers, seals, and the like are completely ineffective against Neidan techniques. Likewise we cannot be absorbed by the likes of Pretta Path Rinnegan absorption, Dark Release, and any other means of drain/absorption. So creating entities with Neidan automatically makes them immune and able to bypass seals and barriers. Likewise the ability to erase entities ignores the reach of seals, barriers, and absorption.