5,398💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

HOLIDAYS SPECIALS

AnimeBase Manga & Anime Review Contest

Write a review for a manga/anime of your choice or the one you watched recently. What do you think about it's story, character development, art, music etc. Would you like to recommend it? Creative reviews are welcome. You can be as postive or negative as you wish. Just make sure your stance is based on objectivity. Minimum word limit for the review is 250 words. Entries will be judged according to number of participants. If there are enough entries, winners will be chosen by community voting.

If it's your first time writing a review and you need a guideline on how to go about it, here is a review template that you can use: Click here.
(Note: It's not necessary to follow that particular template for the purpose of this contest.)

How to participate:

# Post your review in this very thread.
# You must mention the name of the manga, anime on top.

Last date to send your entries is Monday 31at January, 2022, (GMT+1:00) Central European Time (Brussels, Paris, Amsterdam, Madrid).

All the participants will receive this medal as a gift:

Winner/s of the contest will get this medal:

Awards for the winners:
  • Third prize : 500 Kin/Kumi + Medal
  • Second Prize: 750 Kin/Kumi + Medal
  • First Prize : 1000 Kin/Kumi + Medal
Rules:
  • All Global rules apply.
  • Please keep in mind that plagiarism will lead to disqualification.
  • It's fine to use informal language, but spelling and grammar rules should be followed to the best of your ability. If the spellings and grammar doesn't adhere to reasonable standards, it may lead to disqualification at the discretion of the host.
If you have queries or suggestions regarding this contest, feel free to send me a PM.

Credits: Banner on top is made by NoTaTrap

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,447💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Reactions: Konno

Urda

Supreme
Kin
2,210💸
Kumi
7,699💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Series Name:
Trash of the Count's Family

Year of Serialization: 2020

Author(s): PING, Yu Ryeo Han

Artist(s): -

Genre(s):
Action, Adventure, Comedy, Drama, , Seinen

Type:

Current Status: Ongoing

Moment of Reviewing: Episode 66

Other Format(s): No

Series Summary: When I opened my eyes, I was inside a novel. [The Birth of a Hero]. [The Birth of a Hero] was a novel focused on the adventures of the main character, Choi Han, a high school boy who was transported to a different dimension from Earth, along with the birth of the numerous heroes of the continent. I became a part of that novel as the tr*sh of the Count’s family, the family that oversaw the territory where the first village that Choi Han visits is located. The problem is that Choi Han becomes twisted after that village, and everyone in it, are destroyed by assassins. The bigger problem is the fact that this s*upid tr*sh who I’ve become doesn’t know about what happened in the village and messes with Choi Han, only to get beaten to a pulp. “…This is going to be a problem.” I feel like something serious has happened to me. But it was worth trying to make this my new life.

Critical Review: Reincarnation has become one of my favorite themes over the years, and this time the story is about a lazy, go-for-nothing prince. Of course, this reincarnation is based on a book, and our main antagonist is all too familiar with it - albeit all too well. However, nothing appears to be going as planned. He ran into his assassin. Not only that, but he meets some interesting people along the way, as well as some who aren't. Let's just say things get interesting. The story is moving slowly right now, but it keeps you on the edge of your seat as you wait to see what happens next. The protagonist might want to avoid killing and plotting, but if you don't give, this a read!

Last edited:

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,447💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Boruto's Dad Shippuden!!:super::naruto-icon::bandeauxbyowumarobj1:

~ A review that will blow your mind-... Sort off :lok::sigar:~

'Okey
, so here we are, review time! The manga/anime I'm reviewing is called-...
It's called... What is this thing called anyway??'

"Boruto! It is named Boruto!"

A loud voice is heard ringing in his ears, but where is it coming from??

'What's that? A voice?! No matter, where was I-... Ah, yes... Boruto... Now wait just a moment, this review isn't about Boruto?! It's about his dad! What was his name again???... Let's see... Uhm-... no time to waste, 'Boruto's Dad' Yes... That has a nice ring to it. Anyway, I digress, you wanted a review? So let's get going. You better fasten your seatbelts because this is a wild one...'

The warm coffee was at his side, fingertips at the ready with his keyboard Maestro 5000 Hyperlink Deluxe begging him to strike its keys... Hard, but was he really prepared for this or was it all a fluke?

'This show is about ninjas that screams names, throws explosions, fights aliens, both on the ground and-... on the moon, and-...'

"What are you doing?!"

'That voice again??! But he's right, what am I doing?! This is no way to start a review!'

Taking a nice long sip of his coffee, he pressed delete long and hard and decided to start over.

'Okay, for real this time... <<Boruto's dad Shippuden>> follows the path laid by its predecessor <<Boruto's dad>> and builds upon its foundation with a strong focus on friendship and the spirit to never give up. It never ceases to surprise you with some very aggressive yelling from the main character, followed by some massive <<techniques>> as they called it, which they also shout, before they-... explode? There's this sinister group that tries to steal the main character's fox-... No it's not his pet, it lives inside him and it-... Well, let's say it's dangerous. And then there's this love interest that he wants but she would rather be impaled by this emo kid's Chidori, which so happens to be whom Boruto's dad tries to save, which eventually leads to a war... And what happens next is-... Well, aliens. BOM, Aliens, just like that. Bottom line, this show has a lot of good soundtracks and emotions, and-... Well, yelling... But at the end of the line it is a must watch-... read-... Whatever suits you the best I guess, because after the aliens there's more aliens in the next one called <<Boruto,>> which is Boruto's dad's son, and-... Well, maybe I shouldn't spoil the story too much, you got to find out for yourself...'

"Grade!! You need to grade it!"

'What?! OH! Of course! Uhm... 10/10? Yeah... Let's wrap this badboy up, it's going to be an A for sure... Right?... RIGHT?! What do you mean a C-?! But, but, Mr. Jackson I worked so hard on this review, please just give me another chance, and I swear-... Fired?! But why?! You can't do this to meeeee.....'

The End.

--

Author's Note:
Naruto Shippuden is actually a really good show, but everyone here should know that I guess? After all, it's called Narutobase for a rea-... Huh?? Animebase?? Since when??... Fired?! Wait
@Avani , you can't do this to me, give me another chance!!:gone:

Fin.

What, you're still here? What more do you want? Music? Okay, here you go:

You must be registered for see medias

Hori

Immortal
Kin
928💸
Kumi
18💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Series Name: SSS-Class Suicide Hunter

Year of Serialization: Jan-04-2021

Author(s): Shin Noah

Artist(s): Neida, Bill K

Genre(s): Action, Adventure, Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Psychological, Manhwa, Seinen, Martial Arts, Supernatural, Time Travel, Overpowered MC

Type:

Moment of Reviewing: Chapter 57

Other Format(s): Yes, novel

Series Summary: A very good take on 100 floors Tower climbing. A place where skills determine your value. The MC not having any skills receives a skill to copy someone else's only if killed by that person. The MC is a very pessimistic attention ***** at first but later on, starts changing after he is killed by his idol and he receives the skill to go back 24 hrs before he is killed. With determination to survive and kill his idol with the same skill, he dies 3000+ times to return to the past before his idol received the skill. The story follows MCs journey from then to climbing the tower while trying to save past deaths and also to fulfill his wish of being recognized by people he respects. The floors were created by resentment of people that grew two strong due to what they suffered in their world. They are well written and the MC being able to see the past starts sympathizing with them and starts finding ways to save them. The world differs a lot from medieval style to cultivation world to Magic world. MC trying to save them while treating the NPCs gets the reader to sympathize with them. The world sometimes does get dragged but at the same time, there are more emotions put into it. The only thing series is lacking the development for side characters which most of the time are only there to give their presence as a witness to MC and nothing more but then them gaining enlightenment of their own. Reading this continuously can get boring but reading it in arcs can be fun. It does have a manhwa which is a really good adaptation and a good introduction to the series.

Critical Review: This novel touches on so many genres, on so many troupes, and on so many characters that you would think it would do each of those poorly. Instead, you are presented with revenge that is both fresh and meaningful, growth that stays and evolves with time, an mc who uses his head, and the head of those around him, and a flavor of many different genres. Want romance? This novel has your back. Action? In spades. Are Master/Disciple relationships your thing? Get ready for one for the books. This novel isn't simply a page-turner, you’ll devour what's out at a pace that's frightening and dizzying. Simply put? Read this novel. Don’t hesitate. And if you’re like me, take some of the wisdom in it as well.

Reactions: Avani and Michael92

WhistleBlower

Supreme
Kin
4,460💸
Kumi
1,041💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
General Info: Shounen Jump Manga

Series Name: One Piece

Year of Serialization: 1999

Author(s): Oda Eiichiro

Artist(s): Oda Eiichiro

Genre(s): Adventure/Action/Comedy

Current Status: Ongoing (and going strong!! ;) )

Moment of Reviewing: Chapter 1037, episode 1006

Series Summary:

The story follows the adventures of , a boy whose body gained the properties of rubber after unintentionally eating a . With his crew of pirates, named the , Luffy explores the Grand Line in search of the world's ultimate treasure known as "One Piece" in order to become the next Pirate King.

Critical Review:

Loads of people get discouraged from one piece due to his length. The length is exactly what makes onepiece worth watching/reading. It has such a vast variety of characters and their backstories and lore. Unlike other shounen jump manga, this one explores each characters individuality which is a plus for me. The negative thing about this that Oda does is he introduces a character, spends time on it then it has no further relevance in the future, its really off-putting especially during a action packed arc. Also, what really appeals to me is that the manga explores our world concepts such as slavery, freedom, free will, good and bad people being on both sides of the coin. Overall, i would recommend this manga. Yeah sure its long but when you like something don't you want more it to follow? PS- you might want to start with the manga, then anime as the anime can get quite slow at times. But dont skip the anime , because the manga is good and all but the anime brings it to life with the voice actors/background sounds/effects like most anime aha but you get my point.

Last edited:
Reactions: Michael92

Angel90

Regular
Kin
3,288💸
Kumi
657💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Series name - Immortal Regis - Regis of Immortality

Type - Manhwa

Genre - Fantasy

Status - Ongoing (i guess)

Story - The boy dies in accident where he meets beautiful vampire Serin when she also ressurected him as an undead.He possess the power of ancient Immortal King Noche (black claw).He is on the journey to get back to life and save his little brother who is dying.

Critical Review - The series continues as Cavalier Of The Abyss and the only thing that i dislike is that some other character is strong then Jae Hyuk Chae

Ańbu Juniør

Legendary
Kin
6,838💸
Kumi
26,618💴
Trait Points
28⚔️

Series Name:
The Beginning After The End

Year of Serialization: 2017

Author(s): TurtleMe

Artist(s): Fuyuki23

Genre(s):
Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Martial Arts, Mature, Romance, School Life, Supernatural.

Type: Manhwa

Moment of Reviewing: Chapter 130

Other Format(s): Novel

Series Summary: King Grey has unrivaled strength, wealth, and prestige in a world governed by martial ability. However, solitude lingers closely behind those with great power. Beneath the glamorous exterior of a powerful king lurks the shell of man, devoid of purpose and will. Reincarnated into a new world filled with magic and monsters, the king has a second chance to relive his life. Correcting the mistakes of his past will not be his only challenge, however. Underneath the peace and prosperity of the new world is an undercurrent threatening to destroy everything he has worked for, questioning his role and reason for being born again as Arthur Leywin.

Critical Review: I consume an insane amount of content between webtoons, manga, manhwa, and manhua. Reading so many things at once has the unfortunate effect of coming across various stories that have similar plots and tropes, but there are a few of these stories that stand out to me. As a sucker for the action/fantasy genre, "The Beginning After The End" stands as one of the few that I enjoy reading the most. The plot is well written, and the author, TurtleMe, does a great job of creating new challenges for the MC to face and weaves them seamlessly into the story. The artist, Fuyuki23, expertly brings the story to life with his art style. The environments are very detailed and the way the characters move through the fight sequences is precise from the impact of their attack to their fight stances.

All in all, I enjoy this story because we get to watch Arthur's growth from childhood to the current point in the story where he's about 13 years old. We see him grow as a person as he builds new relationships throughout the story, and the side characters are all memorable and unique. They are also well explored, and we usually hear mention of them or have them pop up throughout the story. The Beginning After The End is incredibly enjoyable. I enjoy reading it every week and appreciate the story's complexity and characters. I would recommend it to anyone wanting a gripping fantasy story that has as much action as it has humor.

Status
Not open for further replies.