EternalMangekyouRinnegan

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
first of all you cant compare cannonballs with the fruit powers,second go on and google boa hancocks fruit mero mero no mi and then read the entrys.

Mero Mero Mellow (メロメロ甘風(メロウ) Mero Mero Merrow?, literally meaning "Falling-Down Drunk Sweet Wind"): Hancock's signature technique, she forms a heart shape with her hands and launch a beam of the shape. Anyone with "dirty thoughts" (lust) hit by this beam will be turned into a stone statue. The beam's effect can be blocked if the target doesn't have any lust for Hancock, either by focusing on other emotions (as Momonga) or simply being ignorant (as Luffy). Mero Mero Mellow reminds Luffy of Foxy's Noro Noro Beam. This attack seems not to kill targets, but rather put them in a form of stasis, as when Hancock revived the soldiers on the Marine Warship, they kept uttering the end of the sentence they spoke when they were petrified and even carried the same momentum. Any affected persons' body can be destroyed, due to the fact that it is stone. This is called Love-Love Mellow in the Viz Manga and Love-Love Beam in the FUNimation subs. The pun in this technique is that those who are vulnerable to this technique essentially become slaves to it.

Pistol Kiss (銃(ピストル)キス Pisutoru Kisu?, literally meaning "Pistol Kiss"): Hancock is able to use a projectile-like move by blowing a kiss, creating a heart-shaped bullet to fire at her victim by aiming it with her index finger, which she uses together with her Busōshoku Haki to hurt the foe. The pun here is that the kanji for gun (銃) is part of the phrase "jū no tsutsu" (銃の筒), meaning "gun barrel", which Hancock's index finger is essentially serving as, in order for this technique to work. It is unknown if this attack would petrify the opponent if it worked, since it's only been used once, against Luffy, who has no lust towards Hancock.[

Slave Arrow (虜の矢(スレイブ・アロー) Sureibu Arō?, literally meaning "Arrows of Imprisonment"): Hancock breathes in deeply and kisses out a heart; similar to her Pistol Kiss, but much bigger. She then pulls the heart back with a hand and, with a pop like that of a bubble, hundreds of arrows (all of them tipped and fletched with a stylized heart design) are fired and barrage her opponent(s) before petrifying them; the sheer number of arrows unleashed makes this move particularly difficult to evade. This technique not only petrifies anyone and anything that it hits, but somehow manages to freeze them in place, regardless of whether or not they were in motion or not, to the extent that she even stopped cannonballs in their tracks. The pun in this technique is that, although the kanji used here (虜) may mean "imprisonment", it can also mean "captive", as in someone being captivated by love.[4

Perfume Femur (芳香脚(パフューム・フェムル) Pafyūmu Femuru?, literally translated as "Aromatic Leg"): Hancock does a handstand and spins around in order to deliver a series of kicks. Anything she hits, including inanimate objects like swords and animate objects such as people, instantly turn into stone and, in turn, break from the sheer force of her kicks. Unlike her other attacks, only the immediate area around the point of contact turns to stone, not the entire object. The pun here is that when Hōkō, the actual pronunciation of the first two kanji symbols, is written another way (奉公), it can mean "apprenticeship" in the sense of "indentured servitude".[12]

after reading all this -> the only attack which could possibly hurt luffy would be perfume femur.

all others are clearly connected to the targets "dirty thoughts"/lust
When will people learn that wikia is not an official source and is written by people like you and me?

Boa Hancock

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Does the epicness mean Luffy is stronger? Luffy pawning that Pacifista only means he's ready to step onto the stage that many people have been on before, Boa included. With her hax DF that essentially one-shots anything, and her Haki which greatly supplements her fighting style, I consider her better than Luffy who only deals direct or accumulated damage until shown otherwise.

amadeus15

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Amadeus, you think you know more about my favorite character than I do?
well i doubt there is further meaning in discussing anything here, because hancock is your favorite char. and she will never be defeated by any1
and you are just continously saying the statements from some1 else are wrong, wikia is no appropriate information source and so on. OK i dont think everything is correct whats written in there but from where should we get the information then?I read the manga and watch the anime and hancocks abilities only worked on ppl having some dirty thoughts towards her.The vice admiral overcome her power by stabbing himself,sooo luffy wouldnt be able to figure out someway to beat that ability?
We dont even know every detail bout luffys power progress since he had no real opponent since the time skip.
We also dont know everything about Hancocks power.
But from what we saw in the anime episode 412 Hancock directly hits him with her beam and he didnt turn to stone because he didnt have any dirty thoughts soooo thats some evidence we have.
Maybe you should stop denying everything that somebody says about her powers weakness. Bring me some evidence that my statements are wrong and i will take them back without hesitation.
In fact we dont know everything about her powers neither bout luffys, maybe those threads shouldnt be created so soon after a timeskip.
From what I have seen so far i would say luffy would win.
And this is my personal oppinion, nothing i want every1 else to agree with.
You think hancock will win, OK, but dont tell me that what i say cant be true cause it is from wikia.Maybe it is true maybe not.
But as i already mentioned since we saw it in episode 412 I personaly think that that fruits powers only work on ppl with dirty thoughts.

btw i never said anything about me knowing more about hancock than you.
to be honest , me posting something from wikia means i dont know everything.

To make this statement as appropriate as possible i rewatched the anime episodes related to it.

thank you, and good night.

s0ulja

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
i'd have to go with luffy,
1. his speed would most probably be able to avoid her arrows and such
2. how effective would her arrows be against his haki armor?

Boa Hancock

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
well i doubt there is further meaning in discussing anything here, because hancock is your favorite char. and she will never be defeated by any1
and you are just continously saying the statements from some1 else are wrong, wikia is no appropriate information source and so on. OK i dont think everything is correct whats written in there but from where should we get the information then?I read the manga and watch the anime and hancocks abilities only worked on ppl having some dirty thoughts towards her.The vice admiral overcome her power by stabbing himself,sooo luffy wouldnt be able to figure out someway to beat that ability?
We dont even know every detail bout luffys power progress since he had no real opponent since the time skip.
We also dont know everything about Hancocks power.
But from what we saw in the anime episode 412 Hancock directly hits him with her beam and he didnt turn to stone because he didnt have any dirty thoughts soooo thats some evidence we have.
Maybe you should stop denying everything that somebody says about her powers weakness. Bring me some evidence that my statements are wrong and i will take them back without hesitation.
In fact we dont know everything about her powers neither bout luffys, maybe those threads shouldnt be created so soon after a timeskip.
From what I have seen so far i would say luffy would win.
And this is my personal oppinion, nothing i want every1 else to agree with.
You think hancock will win, OK, but dont tell me that what i say cant be true cause it is from wikia.Maybe it is true maybe not.
But as i already mentioned since we saw it in episode 412 I personaly think that that fruits powers only work on ppl with dirty thoughts.

btw i never said anything about me knowing more about hancock than you.
to be honest , me posting something from wikia means i dont know everything.

To make this statement as appropriate as possible i rewatched the anime episodes related to it.

thank you, and good night.
That's your problem, you watched the ANIME episodes when the canon material, the MANGA, you didn't read. You're lucky my net sucks right now.

1. Her power doesn't rely on "dirty thoughts", it relies on "attraction", and even the slightest hint of it will turn you to stone. It was shown in detail when Momonga stabbed himself to distract his mind. Remember, Vice Admirals have Haki, yet having it doesn't mean you're automatically immune to her power. Luffy is a dumbass, her fruit doesn't give you second chances. One hit and you're done. That only applies for Mero Mero Merrow. We also see that Mero Mero Merrow doesn't work on Luffy since Luffy isn't attracted to begin with. One more thing to support this: the Amazons. They, being females, are less likely to have dirty thoughts of their leader, and Marguerite showed not lust, but admiration, which is a form of attraction.

2. Momonga didn't have dirty thoughts, he was attracted to Hancock. Stabbing himself was to direct his mind to the pain instead of being turned to stone.

3. Luffy's feats are greater than anyone else's in the manga. Well no duh, he's the MAIN CHARACTER. I can debate that Luffy will win against WB since WB has no speed feats to speak of, even though a competent debater will argue reaction feats. It doesn't mean that she's my favorite character I root for her to win all the time. If I know she loses to a certain character then she does, no hard feelings.

4. All of you argue about Luffy having the speed, and base directly on the anime. Newsflash, the anime shouldn't be taken as debate material since it's not the source material! Should we take supersonic and hypersonic speed attacks as slow since they mutter the attack name right before they execute the move? Yeah, I didn't think so.

5. For my arguments that Boa will win in a fair match (meaning no one is in-character, only battle feats will be applied), here they are. Luffy does NOT back down from a fight, and doesn't worry about getting hit. He hasn't seen Perfume Femur at work yet. He's seen Slave Arrow, and that's from a distance, Mero Mero Merrow and Pistol Kiss having been used on him. It's safe to assume that Luffy only thinks that a kick from Hancock is only an ordinary kick and not a kick that would turn him to stone. Kenbunshoku Haki you say? Boa has Haki. Durability you say? Perfume Femur ignores durability. Luffy has more destructive attacks you say? Doesn't matter when your target is only one person, and a moving one at that. Luffy has superior speed you say? He had the speed in the first place, his Haki only helped him use it correctly. It's safe to assume that Hancock is faster than Luffy just by a bit since she could intercept Pacifista from a distance WITHOUT the help of a movement speed technique. You could argue that it wasn't attacking her, but then I could also bring up the argument that Luffy was just aimdodging.

Thank you and good night.

The Seven-Scaled boy

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
a wild hancock appeared! What will luffy do? Luffy used gratitude hug...it's super effective! Hancock is feeling it is a proposal! CRITICAL HIT! Hancock is breathing heavily, she used mutter...it's barely effective! Luffy used friendly chit-chat...it's super effective, ANOTHER CRITICAL HIT! AND HANCOCK GOES DOWN...

amadeus15

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That's your problem, you watched the ANIME episodes when the canon material, the MANGA, you didn't read. You're lucky my net sucks right now.

1. Her power doesn't rely on "dirty thoughts", it relies on "attraction", and even the slightest hint of it will turn you to stone. It was shown in detail when Momonga stabbed himself to distract his mind. Remember, Vice Admirals have Haki, yet having it doesn't mean you're automatically immune to her power. Luffy is a dumbass, her fruit doesn't give you second chances. One hit and you're done. That only applies for Mero Mero Merrow. We also see that Mero Mero Merrow doesn't work on Luffy since Luffy isn't attracted to begin with. One more thing to support this: the Amazons. They, being females, are less likely to have dirty thoughts of their leader, and Marguerite showed not lust, but admiration, which is a form of attraction.

2. Momonga didn't have dirty thoughts, he was attracted to Hancock. Stabbing himself was to direct his mind to the pain instead of being turned to stone.

3. Luffy's feats are greater than anyone else's in the manga. Well no duh, he's the MAIN CHARACTER. I can debate that Luffy will win against WB since WB has no speed feats to speak of, even though a competent debater will argue reaction feats. It doesn't mean that she's my favorite character I root for her to win all the time. If I know she loses to a certain character then she does, no hard feelings.

4. All of you argue about Luffy having the speed, and base directly on the anime. Newsflash, the anime shouldn't be taken as debate material since it's not the source material! Should we take supersonic and hypersonic speed attacks as slow since they mutter the attack name right before they execute the move? Yeah, I didn't think so.

5. For my arguments that Boa will win in a fair match (meaning no one is in-character, only battle feats will be applied), here they are. Luffy does NOT back down from a fight, and doesn't worry about getting hit. He hasn't seen Perfume Femur at work yet. He's seen Slave Arrow, and that's from a distance, Mero Mero Merrow and Pistol Kiss having been used on him. It's safe to assume that Luffy only thinks that a kick from Hancock is only an ordinary kick and not a kick that would turn him to stone. Kenbunshoku Haki you say? Boa has Haki. Durability you say? Perfume Femur ignores durability. Luffy has more destructive attacks you say? Doesn't matter when your target is only one person, and a moving one at that. Luffy has superior speed you say? He had the speed in the first place, his Haki only helped him use it correctly. It's safe to assume that Hancock is faster than Luffy just by a bit since she could intercept Pacifista from a distance WITHOUT the help of a movement speed technique. You could argue that it wasn't attacking her, but then I could also bring up the argument that Luffy was just aimdodging.

Thank you and good night.
so luffy gets hit by her and according to you he is to stupid to realize that the part of his body which was hit, is turning to stone?Sorry her attack only turns a small area to stone - not whole luffy. So you think luffy would get hit and then says "huh? that part of my boddy turned to stone... well never mind" Maybe luffy isnt really smart but he is smart enough to realize what the powers and their effects are ones he got hit.So Hancock has to hit him in the face or the heart to really kill him.

If she doesnt hit him on one of those spots luffy will still be able to fight back.

You are not really giving any evidence related to what you are saying.
Where do you see that the vice admiral hadnt had any dirty feelings?
Everything you say is just according to what you are thinking.
I also read the manga and i have read every chapter of it till now.
And iam sorry there is nothing shown that strenghtens your statements.
You say luffy hasnt seen her perfume femur? At marineford she used it and maybe , yep maybe , iam not saying he has to, he saw her using it?

We dont know the secrets of her power.
Neither we know everything about luffys powerup.

Since i dont really know it, i hereby change my winner of this match to :eek: Sir."i dont know"

~Tempa E~

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
To me it's pretty obvious that hancock would wind(if she wasnt inlove), she's incredibly fast and has all forms of haki, and we havent even seen her get serious yet jeeeze,also luffy had trouble with hancocks sisters alone and i think its safe to bet that as captain shes MUCH stronger then them two.
Also at that time luffy was no match against a pacifista whereas hanckock took out more then one,
even though they was programmed not to attack allies , strawhats couldnt even damage them

Last edited:

Boa Hancock

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
so luffy gets hit by her and according to you he is to stupid to realize that the part of his body which was hit, is turning to stone?Sorry her attack only turns a small area to stone - not whole luffy. So you think luffy would get hit and then says "huh? that part of my boddy turned to stone... well never mind" Maybe luffy isnt really smart but he is smart enough to realize what the powers and their effects are ones he got hit.So Hancock has to hit him in the face or the heart to really kill him.

If she doesnt hit him on one of those spots luffy will still be able to fight back.

You are not really giving any evidence related to what you are saying.
Where do you see that the vice admiral hadnt had any dirty feelings?
Everything you say is just according to what you are thinking.
I also read the manga and i have read every chapter of it till now.
And iam sorry there is nothing shown that strenghtens your statements.
You say luffy hasnt seen her perfume femur? At marineford she used it and maybe , yep maybe , iam not saying he has to, he saw her using it?

We dont know the secrets of her power.
Neither we know everything about luffys powerup.

Since i dont really know it, i hereby change my winner of this match to :eek: Sir."i dont know"
Ahaha .. He doesn't know the effect of Perfume Femur, and I know that if he's hit he's gonna realize he's gonna be turned to stone. I know it's not fully, that one kick only affects a small area, but she executes a Sanji-esque Party Table attack and it's goodbye. I mean, one kick affects a small area, several kicks affect several small areas. Do the math. I can't believe you're playing semantics with me.

If Luffy is hit on the joints I don't believe he can use that hand now can he?

I don't know where to find it now, but Stephen, OP's finest translator currently working for Viz, said it was "Attraction" and not "Lust" ... If that's not enough evidence enough then I dunno what is. Yes Luffy hasn't seen her use Perfume Femur yet, give me one page that he has seen it, and not a MAYBE or a conjecture about it.

Except that we know their potentials and what they're capable of if we base it off feats.