[Discussion] Haki Coating

Sarkies

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So it's been established that someone can coat a solid object in CoA Haki through physical contact. But can they also coat liquids, gases and even light in haki as well?

SixPathsMike101

Regular
Kin
55💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
So it's been established that someone can coat a solid object in CoA Haki through physical contact. But can they also coat liquids, gases and even light in haki as well?
I would say yes to light, only because Kizaru can coat his attacks in at least the basic form of armament haki, the rest haven't been confirmed, and we haven't really seen Kizaru since part 1 so we haven't seen him use Armament hardening on anything.

Rikudou Tobi

Legendary
Kin
543💸
Kumi
618💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Didn't Smoker coat his fists in haki while he shot them in smoke form to Vergo ?
He coated his fist but not his smoke powers. He used the smoke as a ricochet for his fist.

OT: No, you cannot cover intangible things in armament Haki but you can grasp all forms of devil fruit matter (including intangible ones).
Coating light in Haki would just make it a regular Haki stick, not allowing any elemental powers to pass through.

Solarmoth

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
He coated his fist but not his smoke powers. He used the smoke as a ricochet for his fist.

OT: No, you cannot cover intangible things in armament Haki but you can grasp all forms of devil fruit matter (including intangible ones).
Coating light in Haki would just make it a regular Haki stick, not allowing any elemental powers to pass through.
Why do you say so? Wouldn't haki be useless for a DF user?

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

You don't know that and it's a baseless claim.

OT: I imagine this is the core issue you were getting at, can logia's coat their projectiles in armament. I don't see any reason to assume they can't. Nothing has indicated it's impossible. And I'll bring this up again, if Logia element attacks behave as the element once discharged then how did Fire(Ace) and Smoke(Smoker) Clash at Alabasta? How did fire and darkness clash?

Rikudou Tobi

Legendary
Kin
543💸
Kumi
618💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You don't know that and it's a baseless claim.

OT: I imagine this is the core issue you were getting at, can logia's coat their projectiles in armament. I don't see any reason to assume they can't. Nothing has indicated it's impossible. And I'll bring this up again, if Logia element attacks behave as the element once discharged then how did Fire(Ace) and Smoke(Smoker) Clash at Alabasta? How did fire and darkness clash?
This is a baseless claim and no element is being covered in haki. That doesn't make any sense. The whole point into using element powers is to project it to affect your enemies. How are you suppose to burn somebody with fire when the whole fire is covered in armament haki? Armament means armour to protect from. Covering fire in haki would only prevent the projectile from burning or spreading everywhere.
Every single time an admiral uses their logia fruit powers, they never coated in haki because it would render their attack useless. Even Whitebeard never covered his vibrations in haki, it's impossible.

Ace clashing with Smoker is invalid because smoker didn't have haki in alabsta and Ace literally said that fire cancels smoke out so it was useless. Ace's flames were not covered in haki.
Ace vs BB was a simple out put of firepower.

SixPathsMike101

Regular
Kin
55💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Not necessarily, remember regular armament Haki is just an invisible armpit that protects and increased damage you must be thinking of it’s second level, Busoshoku hardening where stuff turns black

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This is a baseless claim and no element is being covered in haki. That doesn't make any sense.
Just because you say it again doesn't make it not a baseless claim. You have no basis to support the claim. And it makes perfect sense, in your scenario logia can only fight other logia whose DF can clash with theirs, how does that make sense? So by your reasoning Kizaru can never fight Akainu with their logia powers. The only way for one to hit the other would be to be able to put haki in their logia attacks or fight hand to hand, why would a creator purposefully limit himself in the amount of altercations that could happen, how does that make sense?

The whole point into using element powers is to project it to affect your enemies. How are you suppose to burn somebody with fire when the whole fire is covered in armament haki? Armament means armour to protect from. Covering fire in haki would only prevent the projectile from burning or spreading everywhere.
Every single time an admiral uses their logia fruit powers, they never coated in haki because it would render their attack useless. Even Whitebeard never covered his vibrations in haki, it's impossible.
You're acting like haki is a physical coating, it's not an actual coating and it doesn't act like a shell, it wouldn't encase the element if it were coated in it, it would just allow it to make contact with other logia bodies, the element would still retain it's elemental properties why would you even assume it wouldn't? It's a spiritual force that lets them enhance something whether it be themselves or an item like an arrow.

Ace clashing with Smoker is invalid because smoker didn't have haki in alabsta and Ace literally said that fire cancels smoke out so it was useless. Ace's flames were not covered in haki.

Ace vs BB was a simple out put of firepower.
That's not actually what he said, he says you may be smoke but I'm fire your powers don't stand a chance against mine. Which could mean a couple things, it could mean fire>smoke like how Magma>fire or it could mean Smoker's power isn't at a level that can beat Ace, implying Ace has something Smoker doesn't.
You must be registered for see images
But I still ask how do they hit each other if Logia's attacks act as the element once released? How does fire clash into smoke if they are both behaving AS their element? You still haven't answered that.

What? That doesn't make sense for the question. BB and Ace's logia attacks collided because "a simple output of power", what's that even supposed to mean?

Sakazuki

Regular
Kin
1,505💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think logias can't harden their element but can increase it.

Like akainu raising his heat till it penetrates something, or aokiji making his ice colder till it could cancel out the heat of magma which was hotter than fire ( in the Manga) which canceled out ice