Akuma

Legendary
Kin
279💸
Kumi
803💴
Trait Points
46⚔️
Jinbe san, to have you back in our ranks is most fulfilling. It's a shame you've forgotten the ins and outs of Fishman Karate. Would you care to practice a basic shockwave emission with a palm thrust?

Kung Fro

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Jinbe took a stance with his feet as wide as his shoulders with his left foot dragged back slightly for balance. He held his right arm at his hip, Palm open and facing the clan leader and his left arm straight down with the fist clenched. In one motion he would thrust his right palm forward while drawing his left arm to his hip to supplement the thrusting motion. With this supposed strike, he would manipulate the suction chakra on the surface of his palm to explode outwards, gaining momentum and creating a powerful shockwave.

Kung Fro

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Jinbe struck forward again with more might. He was new yes, but he had perhaps the deepest bloodline in the clan and his natural instinct guided him through the style. After the demonstrative wave he turned to the lake and pushed forward with his palm, sending a massive shockwave forward. Instead of a ripple effect, this had such power it shot straight through the lake, displacing water to the left or right the whole way through in a grand fashion.

Akuma

Legendary
Kin
279💸
Kumi
803💴
Trait Points
46⚔️
Good job, you've performed as told in an efficient manner. But i've yet to know if you understand how the basis of our technique(s) work, and what they are weak or strong against. Tell anything you know about the Clan's techniques, and by extension anything you don't know, so that I may provide with the information.

(Gyojin Karate: Kaimen Wari) - Fishman Karate: Sea Surface Splitter
Type: Attack
Range: Short - Mid
Chakra Cost: 20
Damage Points: 30
Description: While focusing water chakra around the desired hand and performing a karate chop, the user can split a water source out in front of him in order to send a shock wave to attack the enemy. The sheer pressure of the shock wave travelling through the water will cause unstable tides as if it was a water "world shaking", causing the opponent to loose balance.

(Gyojin Karate: Jodan Bakusho) - Fishman Karate: Exploding Palm
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra Cost: 25
Damage Points: 50
Description: The user will thrust one palm forward, aiming at a desired body part belonging to the enemy, causing him to be blown back by using the water molecules in the air to release a shock wave. Due to the water molecules being very little in size, only doujutsu is capable of actually seeing the shock wave being created. A regular ninja will think its a simple palm thrust. Once the shock wave connects, it will be difficult for the enemy to breathe normally for one turn, due to the impact. This palm trust is powerful enough propel large summon up to long range.

Kung Fro

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Would you care to give me a quick run through then? I've read our clans submission and have formed my own ideas which we've discussed but it wouldn't hurt for you to copy it down in the training thread. From my understanding, the basis of our Gyojin karate techniques revolve around utilizing water molecules in conjunction with taijutsu to essentially create shock waves based off of or movement. An alternative to the shockwave is using the acute water abilities to manipulate water in ways unavailable to normal ninja.

For my questions however; when will the sonar ability be touched upon? For our techniques revolving around the shock wave aspect, I understand a sensor would sense the initial use of the water molecules, but would they be able to pinpoint the actual shockwave?

Akuma

Legendary
Kin
279💸
Kumi
803💴
Trait Points
46⚔️
Would you care to give me a quick run through then? I've read our clans submission and have formed my own ideas which we've discussed but it wouldn't hurt for you to copy it down in the training thread. From my understanding, the basis of our Gyojin karate techniques revolve around utilizing water molecules in conjunction with taijutsu to essentially create shock waves based off of or movement. An alternative to the shockwave is using the acute water abilities to manipulate water in ways unavailable to normal ninja.

For my questions however; when will the sonar ability be touched upon? For our techniques revolving around the shock wave aspect, I understand a sensor would sense the initial use of the water molecules, but would they be able to pinpoint the actual shockwave?
Fishman Karate is a martial art that is practiced by our clan members, regardless of their ranks everyone has access to a few or most ccj. While deadly enough on land, Fishman Karate has a number of devastating underwater moves designed to be suitable with the Fishmen strength and speed along with the mobility that goes while under water.

It's mastery of the water in the user's direct vicinity, using its power to send powerful waves impacting the water within the opponent's body. Since every living creature is nothing more than a mass of water, the users of Fishman Karate are able to battle opponents that are usually highly resistant (if not immune) against blows and punches. Fishman Karate can be used effectively on land as he can utilize the water in the atmosphere and make use of it to attack. Now this is mostly from one piece wiki, seeing as the clan is entirely cannon to that manga, it's pointless to give you my owb made up version of FK. Sensors can't sense the intial motion or FK, because we don't produce the water molecules, we simply use them as medum to transport our shockwave through the air itself. As for the sonar ability, it'll probably be an ability which the Sea King contract will hold.

Akuma

Legendary
Kin
279💸
Kumi
803💴
Trait Points
46⚔️
Okay fair enough. And I thought each of the Gyojin would possess the Sonar ability z-z
We have the sonar ability (everyone), but Izuna never specified on what abilities that provides, so unless he someday comes on and tells us, or Caliburn himself does it, we would have to create an actual jutsu for it.

As for our other passive abilities, we have them all. Though the x2 strength has been altered. I'll tell you about this in the group, it hasn't been entirely voided, it just has it's varied uses.

(Gyojin Karate: Kaisoku Harakudashigeri) - Fishman Karate: Stomach Drop Kick
Range: Short - Long
Damage Points: 40
Description: This technique requires precise water molecule manipulation. The user will dart forward creating a small shock wave with the water molecules around the feet to increase his speed. Using that incredible momentum, the user will deliver a savage side kick, slightly inclined downward. On impact, a shock wave will be created from the water molecules that were already manifested around the user's feet, sending the opponent crashing into the ground.

Now then, come at me and attempt to hit me with the above.

Last edited:

Kung Fro

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
We have the sonar ability (everyone), but Izuna never specified on what abilities that provides, so unless he someday comes on and tells us, or Caliburn himself does it, we would have to create an actual jutsu for it.

As for our other passive abilities, we have them all. Though the x2 strength has been altered. I'll tell you about this in the group, it hasn't been entirely voided, it just has it's varied uses.

(Gyojin Karate: Kaisoku Harakudashigeri) - Fishman Karate: Stomach Drop Kick
Range: Short - Long
Description: This technique requires precise water molecule manipulation. The user will dart forward creating a small shock wave with the water molecules around the feet to increase his speed. Using that incredible momentum, the user will deliver a savage side kick, slightly inclined downward. On impact, a shock wave will be created from the water molecules that were already manifested around the user's feet, sending the opponent crashing into the ground.

Now then, come at me and attempt to hit me with the above.
Figures they continue to limit our clan beyond its obvious intent :coffee:

Jinbe would take off after his opponent, carefully demonstrating his water mastery as he performs. With each step, a shockwave would rebound him off the ground, setting a wicked pace at the target. When in proximity, he would replicate Dynamic Entry and lead with a side kick from his right foot. When making contact with he opponent, Jinbe would make use of his Gyojin Karate and channel a shockwave through the same molecules as earlier. The opponent would be brutalized from the contact of kick and shockwave and slam into the ground.

Akuma

Legendary
Kin
279💸
Kumi
803💴
Trait Points
46⚔️
Figures they continue to limit our clan beyond its obvious intent :coffee:

Jinbe would take off after his opponent, carefully demonstrating his water mastery as he performs. With each step, a shockwave would rebound him off the ground, setting a wicked pace at the target. When in proximity, he would replicate Dynamic Entry and lead with a side kick from his right foot. When making contact with he opponent, Jinbe would make use of his Gyojin Karate and channel a shockwave through the same molecules as earlier. The opponent would be brutalized from the contact of kick and shockwave and slam into the ground.
I lift my forearm in my side, releasing a small amount of water from it (D rank tech) which would soften the impact of the now landing kick. Simmultaneously with my guard, I release small schockwaves from my feet as well; allowing the kick to land would mean I would be pushed backwards. Thus by release small shockwaves from my feet I lift off from the ground as i'm tossed back and glide a few feet through the air. Landing safetly.

Very good, Jinbe!

(Gyojin Karate: Samehada Shotei) - Fishman Karate: Sharkskin Palm Block
Type: Defense
Range: Short
Damage Points: N/A
Description: By focusing the water molecules around the hand, the user performs a simple palm block with enough force behind it to slap away a sword swing. This is done by creating a water shock wave from the palm. The user can also deflect certain techniques, by slapping them out of the wave, creating a shock wave on contact. This technique works incredibly well against elemental projectile of small to medium size.

Now for your defense. Once a projectile has entered short range of you, simply lift your palm in it's direction and emit a shockwave from it. Which in return should throw off the projectile off it's original direction, otherwise "slap" it out of the way with the wave. Now because our shockwaves move through water, when my make contact with the projectile (briefly) we don't take damage, other than our hands a bit heated, in case of fire.

( Katon: Gōryūka no Jutsu ) - Fire Release: Great Dragon Fire Technique
Type: Offense/Supplementary
Range: Short/Long
Description: The user fires several large dragon-shaped fireballs at their opponent after performing one handseal. It is able to alter localized weather conditions to the point of making thunder clouds when shot into the air, enabling the user to perform Kirin.

*Launches a single Dragon head fireball torwards you.*

Kung Fro

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I lift my forearm in my side, releasing a small amount of water from it (D rank tech) which would soften the impact of the now landing kick. Simmultaneously with my guard, I release small schockwaves from my feet as well; allowing the kick to land would mean I would be pushed backwards. Thus by release small shockwaves from my feet I lift off from the ground as i'm tossed back and glide a few feet through the air. Landing safetly.

Very good, Jinbe!

(Gyojin Karate: Samehada Shotei) - Fishman Karate: Sharkskin Palm Block
Type: Defense
Range: Short
Damage Points: N/A
Description: By focusing the water molecules around the hand, the user performs a simple palm block with enough force behind it to slap away a sword swing. This is done by creating a water shock wave from the palm. The user can also deflect certain techniques, by slapping them out of the wave, creating a shock wave on contact. This technique works incredibly well against elemental projectile of small to medium size.

Now for your defense. Once a projectile has entered short range of you, simply lift your palm in it's direction and emit a shockwave from it. Which in return should throw off the projectile off it's original direction, otherwise "slap" it out of the way with the wave. Now because our shockwaves move through water, when my make contact with the projectile (briefly) we don't take damage, other than our hands a bit heated, in case of fire.

( Katon: Gōryūka no Jutsu ) - Fire Release: Great Dragon Fire Technique
Type: Offense/Supplementary
Range: Short/Long
Description: The user fires several large dragon-shaped fireballs at their opponent after performing one handseal. It is able to alter localized weather conditions to the point of making thunder clouds when shot into the air, enabling the user to perform Kirin.

*Launches a single Dragon head fireball torwards you.*
As the fireball approached Jinbe, he would cover his right hand in water molecules. When is close range, he would swipe his hand in front of him where the fireball would go. With the hand motion, a shockwave is released that would knock the fireball of the given trajectory to crash into the ground and dissipate.