Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
You must be registered for see images

Series Name: Guilty Crown

Year of Serialization: 2011

Author(s): Hiroyuki Yoshino, Ichirō Ōkouchi (Assistant)

Artist(s): Production I.G

Genre(s): Action, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Super Power, Supernatural, Mecha

Current Status: Completed

Moment of Reviewing: Episode 22

Other Formats: Manga, Novel

Series Summary:

After the outbreak of the virus called the "Apocalypse Virus" on the day that was known as "Lost Christmas" that occured in 2029, Tokyo has changed ever since. In 2039, Japan is controlled by a organization called "GHQ"; 17 Year old Ouma Shu accidently gains a power called "The Right Hand of the King" that can take out "voids" that can be tools/weapons, Voids are "shapes of the human heart." Shu meets a girl named Yuzuriha Inori who is a member of the group, "Funeral Parlor", The group seeks government restoration and the isolation of GHQ. Ever since Shu gained this power, his life has made a drastic turn.

Critical Review:

Guilty Crown is the type of series that differentiates from other Sci-Fi or Action anime; The series really has some really good plot twists that can leave you wondering what would happen next. The character development is something to really look out for, Shu turns from a shy, quiet student to a strong, caring leader, there are too many other honorable mentions of character developments to list. But when you think about character development, where do you think it comes from? the most common ones are experience and friends, but Guilty Crown adds another to the list and that one would be "tragedy." Guilty Crown isn't your regular Action, Sci-Fi or Mecha anime, the series really hits the feels factor that vary from past events, deaths or tragedies. Animation is another thing to look out for, Production I.G really did a good job with the Animation with the fights and other scenes. The plot is really well thought out, it has alot of those "why didn't I think of that" moments that lead to many plot twists, Some things that happen in it are probably something you wouldn't even imagine.The tension and plot between Funeral Parlor and GHQ really grows, The originality in this anime is also very well thought out, You wouldn't always see an anime about a person taking a tool/weapon from the shape of a persons heart. One thing I wish can be fixed is all the ties of all the loose ends, they put some stuff in and leave some stuff out I hope in season 2 (if there ever is one) they can be tied together. Overall, if your into plot, animation, character development or any of the genres above, then I highly recommend this series.

Overall Rating: 9/10

Last edited:

Kagerou

Elite
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The Ending was sad but anime was really great i miss this series.
The ending was pretty sad :(, But how "he" survived is something I don't understand. It must be something to do with that other right arm.

I absolutely loved this anime. Its totally original. and awesome. Good review
Same here, It's a very good series :yay: