Growing a Tree from Root to Tip with Yusuke.

Akiza

The Black Steel Rose
Supreme
Kin
559💸
Kumi
426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
-Kurama waits in an open field playing a grass whistle while she waits for her old student to teach his discoveries to her-

.....-music-.....

Yūsuke1

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Tell me everything you know about Roots. (weakness, strength, etc) How would you incorporate in your fighting style. Hold onto this root for awhile Akiza-chan

*tosses you a detached root*

Akiza

The Black Steel Rose
Supreme
Kin
559💸
Kumi
426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Tell me everything you know about Roots. (weakness, strength, etc) How would you incorporate in your fighting style. Hold onto this root for awhile Akiza-chan

*tosses you a detached root*
-Kurama catches the root with her other hand while she finishes the song she was playing on the grass whistle, and she then blows it away, imbuing it with a little wind chakra to help its flight.-

Ah. ^_^ You've arrived. And Akiza? No I am her Kaguya counterpart you could say, Kurama...Akiza's busy doing other things, I'm afraid. But I shall share what I learn here with her.

Well, -examines the root- Roots are the beginning of everything, you could say. From a tiny seed to a great tree, which is nothing without a solid base in its roots. We ourselves as people have a beginning as well, perhaps not as plantlike as this root, but we do nonetheless originate from something, our solid base, so to speak.

Now. As for this root you have given to me, we do have weaknesses and strengths to it...fire of course can burn it to ashes, slicing winds such as in tornadoes can rip it to shreds, water in the form of ice, can freeze it instantly and make it useless.

As for its strengths, as it absorbs water and nutrients from this earth, liquid water is an obvious strength, and with enough force, roots can maim the earth and cause cracks in its plates.

I have always had an affinity for plants, young Yusuke. As you know, I use my bones to fight those who dare to oppose me in the field of battle, and as I use my Dead Bone Pulse, so shall I use this elemental jutsu...roots to ensnare my opponent, and then slice/stab with my bones, or in Akiza's case, trap them in a nightmarish genjutsu.

Is that acceptable for you? ^_^

Yūsuke1

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I'll accept that >_> I had something planned for that root your holding but meh! Throw it away O_O! We are getting right down into the jutsus!

Anyways, you were suppose to feel the texture of the root. It is quite similar to the earth but less dense. It is also moist inside but dry on the outside. You will now then concentrate on gathering your chakra while imbueing the feelings you sensed from the root to obtain Root Release chakra. Once you are able to gathering Root Release chakra, use it to manipulate the root your holding. Once you get the hang of it, try concentrating the chakra in your palms and use shape manipulation to materialize roots out of your palms to grab that branch up in the tree over there.

(Tsukene : Tsukene no jutsu) - Root Release : Root Style Technique
Type : Offensive / Defensive / Supplementary
Range : Short - Long
Chakra cost : 15
Damage points : 30
Description : This technique is the most basic of all Root Release techniques and hence is easy to perform. With this technique, the user is able to create medium sized roots out of his palms or ground by concentrating his Root Release chakra through it. This enables the user to create tools and shields or just attack the enemy straight on with the root. This is just as versatile and powerful as any other basic elemental creation technique.

Note : Must know Root Release
Note : Can only be used or taught by -Yusuke-
Note : Can only be used five times per battle

Akiza

The Black Steel Rose
Supreme
Kin
559💸
Kumi
426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well I did that when I examined it...*whistles* but alright. ^_^

I begin concentrating, gathering chakra while inserting the feelings I felt from the root to obtain Root Release chakra.

After some time, using the Root Release chakra I gained, I use it to manipulate the root I'm holding, forming it into a sword.

After manipulating the root into different shapes and items, I then focus the chakra into my palms and manipulating it to materialize roots out of them, grabbing the specified branch in the tree over there, pulling it down.

Is that what you wanted? ^.^

Yūsuke1

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Well I did that when I examined it...*whistles* but alright. ^_^

I begin concentrating, gathering chakra while inserting the feelings I felt from the root to obtain Root Release chakra.

After some time, using the Root Release chakra I gained, I use it to manipulate the root I'm holding, forming it into a sword.

After manipulating the root into different shapes and items, I then focus the chakra into my palms and manipulating it to materialize roots out of them, grabbing the specified branch in the tree over there, pulling it down.

Is that what you wanted? ^.^
I said grab the branch O_O...You can use it to swing around like Tarzan and stuff. Grabbing the tree is also a way to get out of swamp :p Anyways, I want you to concentrate an ever larger amount of Root Release chakra into both your palms. Put your hands together, wrist to wrist. Keep your hands connected when using this technique as the root will emerge from both palms together.

(Tsukene : Koudotsukene no jutsu) - Root Release : Advanced Root Style Technique
Chakra cost : 30
Damage points : 60
Description : With this technique the user is able to create large-sized roots to shoot out of the ground or out of both the user's palms after having the user's arm connected side by side. This enables the user to create weapons, shields and shapes such as boxes and needles out of roots to attack the enemy or defend the user. This is just as versatile and powerful as any other elemental creation technique.

Note : Can only be used thrice per battle

Akiza

The Black Steel Rose
Supreme
Kin
559💸
Kumi
426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Doing as I'm told to this time...I focus a larger amount of Root Release chakra into both of my palms. Putting my hands together, wrist to wrist, roots then emerge from both of them simultaneously, and I wait for further instruction...

Yūsuke1

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I am back ;D Well, I was never gone but you get the point :shy:

(Tsukene : Mizuhoryuu) - Root Release : Water Reserve
Type : Supplementary
Chakra cost : 25
Damage points : N/A
Description : With this technique, the user is able to collect water found underground. The purpose of this technique is to act as a water source for water techniques for the user, without having the enemy realize it. All water will be stored within an single, enormous root which can be found underground at the desired location the user wants it to be. When the user activates the water technique that requires a water source, the root will open itself, releasing all the water which burst into the surface and hence the water technique that the user wants to use will happen starting from there. After the water technique is done, the user is able to call roots connected to the large root that stores the water, to emerge out of the ground and suck whatever water that it is able to get a reach of, back into the reserve. of Enemies are unable of controlling the water stored within the reserve as the root that holds it is layered with the user's chakra that is capable to deflecting away incoming chakra that is targeted towards the water.

Note : Water within that root can only be utilized by the user
Note : Once created, the root will last there as long as it is not used or is not released
Note : Requires at least a turn after activation for a water source, two turns for a large water source

Concentrate on your Root chakra down in the ground down below. Mold it and materialize a large root and manipulate its end to start drawing in water from all around the ground and store it within the root. The next turn, you'll be able to use the water it has drawed for a water technique, you'll have to wait two turns for a large water source. Try it out and use a water technique to destroy my clone.

*makes a clone*

Akiza

The Black Steel Rose
Supreme
Kin
559💸
Kumi
426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Concentrating my root chakra down in the ground below, molding it to materialize a large root, manipulating its end to start drawing in water from the ground all around it, storing it within the root.

Clone's turn: Clone falls asleep. xd

My turn again: Uses suiton no jutsu using the water from the root to slice it with a water sword. Clone goes poof. -Looks at Yusuke for next instruction-

Yūsuke1

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
(Tsukene : Mayu) - Root Release : Cocoon
Range : Short - Mid
Chakra cost : 30
Damage points : 60
Description : After performing a single handseal, the user will then slam a hand onto the surface below. With that, roots will emerge around him in a twirling motion, interlocking against different and other roots that emerged hence forming a cocoon-like defense. This is usually just used to defend against attacks and will fade or return back to the ground after serving it's user by defending against a single attack conditionally if its powerful enough. It will be eradicated if attacked by a technique stronger than it. If it hasn't hit an attack, the user is capable of smacking his palm against the wall of the cocoon from the inside, that will release a few gun-paced moving root bullets. The direction to where the roots would be launched is determined by the location where the user smacked. If the user hits front, the root will be launched to the front, if the user smacks the top, a root will be shot above.

Note : Lasts for one attack
Note : Must have mastered Root Release
Note : Can only be used thrice per battle
Note : Able to last for ever long the user wants to if the cocoon isn't attacked

Perform a single handseal and then slam your hand onto the ground while channeling your Root Release chakra into the ground. Roots will erupt from all sides and interlock each other to form some sort of sphere-like root defense, much like a cocoon. Try it out.

*makes a clone who launches Earth Flow Wave at you*

Akiza

The Black Steel Rose
Supreme
Kin
559💸
Kumi
426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I perform a single handseal and then slam my hand onto the ground while channeling my Root Release chakra into the ground, with roots erupting from all sides and interlocking with each other to form a sphere-like root defense, much like a cocoon to negate the earth flow wave performed by your clone.