[Discussion] Greatest will of Fire

The person who has shown the Greatest Will of Fire goes to...

• 2nd Hokage(Tobirama)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5th Hokage(Tsunade)

• Danzou

• Kakashi

• Asuma

• Hizashi Hyuga (Neji's Father)

• Ibiki Morino (Head of Interrogation)

• Iruka (sensei)

• Chouji

• Total voters

Animeisalive

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Who do u think HAS or HAS SHOWN the GREATEST WILL OF FIRE throughout the series so far?

Just in case people need to be reminded of what the "will of fire" is

The "Will of Fire" (火の意志, Hi no Ishi) is a recurring element throughout the Naruto series. It is an ideal rooting from the belief of the Senju clan ancestor that love is the key to peace. It would eventually become the life philosophy Hashirama Senju lived by and held, which has since been passed on to many ninja from Konohagakure as a part of their spiritual heritage. It states that every true Konoha shinobi must love, believe, cherish and fight for the village's sake, as many previous generations had done before them. In Konoha, there is a sculpture of a flame in the cemetery representing this will, it has the kanji for "Hokage" (火影; Literally meaning "Fire Shadow") inscribed on it. Hashirama was also depicted sitting on a throne-like chair with a similar sculpture in the background.

Animeisalive

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
yea i think its tied between minato & itachi....what minato did was for the sake of the village also, that was some strong will...but i must pick itachi...its a bit ironically weird...itachi's ancestor didnt promote the will of fire...yet, he's shown the greatest fire so far among them all

Sominus

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
yea i think its tied between minato & itachi....what minato did was for the sake of the village also, that was some strong will...but i must pick itachi...its a bit ironically weird...itachi's ancestor didnt promote the will of fire...yet, he's shown the greatest fire so far among them all
Well it's like Asuma said: "Protect the village that I loved so much for my little king" (his son)

Actually the sacrifice Itachi made is a big blot for the village imho.

Itachi Namikaze

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Everyone is going to say Naruto but I personally think that it is Jiraiya. Jiraiya, Hiruzen, and Minato all had that same love for peace even when people were jerks. In the beginning of the series Naruto tried to kill people before trying to change them. That has only been a recent thing where he talks to people to change them, before people were only motivated by his will to keep fighting, eg: Neji, Tsunade, Gaara etc.

Sominus

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Everyone is going to say Naruto but I personally think that it is Jiraiya. Jiraiya, Hiruzen, and Minato all had that same love for peace even when people were jerks. In the beginning of the series Naruto tried to kill people before trying to change them. That has only been a recent thing where he talks to people to change them, before people were only motivated by his will to keep fighting, eg: Neji, Tsunade, Gaara etc.
Could you tell me who Naruto wanted to kill? ._. and I'm sure all of those mentioned above had feelings of revenge one time too...

Zesh

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Third Hokage is the personification of the will, I feel like.
Defiant! He got the will from the previous two hokages and passed it on the next gen. He gave his life to stop Oro and defeated the 1st, 2nd and Oro to protect the village, that for me is the personification of the will:)

EggesGabo

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
don't forget Danzo said many ninjas has done a whole bunch of things for the sake of the village. even Danzo treid to die with Madara and Sasuke for the sake of the village.

Itachi Namikaze

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Could you tell me who Naruto wanted to kill? ._. and I'm sure all of those mentioned above had feelings of revenge one time too...
Um he was trying to kill Gaara if you don't remember, he didn't try talking to him at all really, he just fought without thinking about peace. In Part 1 Naruto hardly ever tried to talk about peace, that came later. I'm just saying people like Hiruzen and Minato and Jiraiya sought peace wherever they could. Minato just let Bee and A walk away after he stomped all over them.

Sominus

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Um he was trying to kill Gaara if you don't remember, he didn't try talking to him at all really, he just fought without thinking about peace. In Part 1 Naruto hardly ever tried to talk about peace, that came later. I'm just saying people like Hiruzen and Minato and Jiraiya sought peace wherever they could. Minato just let Bee and A walk away after he stomped all over them.
Naruto did not try to kill Gaara, he tried to save his friends life, as soon as Sasuke told him Sakura was save he let go off Gaara. Yeah he would have killed him if it was necessary but he didn't fight Gaara specifically to kill him.

And well if Minato stabbed Bee back then he would have been stabbed too. It's not an easy fight against Bee and A at the same time, no matter how good you are. And you do not know each and every single detail about Jiraiya and Minato so you can't say that they never had the intention to kill someone, we just never saw it. Oh also the Will of fire is not expressly being anxious for peace but being anxious for the villages sake.

Itachi Namikaze

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Naruto did not try to kill Gaara, he tried to save his friends life, as soon as Sasuke told him Sakura was save he let go off Gaara. Yeah he would have killed him if it was necessary but he didn't fight Gaara specifically to kill him.

And well if Minato stabbed Bee back then he would have been stabbed too. It's not an easy fight against Bee and A at the same time, no matter how good you are. And you do not know each and every single detail about Jiraiya and Minato so you can't say that they never had the intention to kill someone, we just never saw it. Oh also the Will of fire is not expressly being anxious for peace but being anxious for the villages sake.
When did he let go of Gaara? Even after they had hit the ground Naruto was crawling towards him to keep beating him up, Sasuke and Sakura just picked him up and carried him away. My point is that Naruto in his early days didn't care about peace as much as the others did (when we saw them alive).

However there is more to the will of fire then just the love of peace, it also is the ability to never give up. In that respect I think Naruto and Jiraiya are tied. Jiraiya kept trying to get Oro back to Konoha for a long time, and in his fight against pain after he was ambushed and lost an arm and had his throat crushed in he still managed to write a message on Fukasaku. And well Naruto never gives up either. We can't say if Minato never gave up but I do know Hiruzen did. (Uchiha Massacre anybody?)

So that is why I think Jiraiya has the greatest will of fire.