Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Was this man a Devil Fruit eater?

Was he a powerful man in ability or simply very smart.

Why / How/ who caught him?

Was he willing or was there an anterior motive to his execution?

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
1. Unknown if he had an ability or not

2. Both, I'd bank on. He was an extremely powerful man, matching the world's strongest man, even being superior by an edge.

3-4. Roger was diagnosed with a terminal illness about a year before his execution. His crew couldn't find anyone to cure it, so he surrendered himself over to the WG after his crew secretly disbanded and he hid One Piece. Quite simply, Roger wasn't captured, he turned himself in, and the WG and Marines pretended he was captured for their followers' graces.

Sir Blades

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

2. Both, I'd bank on. He was an extremely powerful man, matching the world's strongest man, even being superior by an edge.

3-4. Roger was diagnosed with a terminal illness about a year before his execution. His crew couldn't find anyone to cure it, so he surrendered himself over to the WG after his crew secretly disbanded and he hid One Piece. Quite simply, Roger wasn't captured, he turned himself in, and the WG and Marines pretended he was captured for their followers' graces.
Oh wow, thanks for that.
Damn, interesting that no one could cure him. Very convenient if you ask me.

7th Biggest OP Fan

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
My theory is he was the previous owner of the rubber fruit to answer the first question.

And just watch/read the manga, it tells you everything you want to know for the rest of your answers.

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
My theory is he was the previous owner of the rubber fruit to answer the first question.

And just watch/read the manga, it tells you everything you want to know for the rest of your answers.
That'd be some pretty bad writing on Oda's part. All the similarities people have been pointing between Luffy and Roger, and not one has mentioned or alluded to them having the same DF, even in their heads?

Torche

Immortal
Kin
0💸
Kumi
3,732💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Pretty much this, though if you didn't know the last part you spoiled a bit for yourself. :|

Correction with the name though, it's: Gol D. Roger aka Gold Roger.

ultraChalk

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Was this man a Devil Fruit eater?

Was he a powerful man in ability or simply very smart.

Why / How/ who caught him?

Was he willing or was there an anterior motive to his execution?
I don't think so. I wouldn't mind if he was.

Probably extremely powerful and extremely smart.

We already know dis

We already know dis too.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nope pure Haki sure ...I believe shanks crew is designed like roger in terms of everyone rock in Haki..
We don't know this for a fact yet though it is the most likely possibility and a personal preference.

OT: We do not know definitively whether he had a fruit or not
He was powerful enough to hold back Whitebeard and Garp on separate occasions
I don't remember if it said who caught him but I'm pretty sure he turned himself in so probably Garp
He knew he was dying so he turned himself in and used his dying breath to spark more pirates.

Listz

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Good, good :) But a little correction here...

Actually, Roger's illness was revealed four years before he got executed. Once they knew this, they decided to take Crocus at the twin cape of Redline with them along the journey to aid Roger on prolonging his life while finding cure for Roger and Rumbar Pirates (Crocus's deal in exchange of him following the Roger pirate crew voyage as the doctor). Within 3 years, Roger was entitled as Pirate King, and due to the low chance of him to be cured, he seemed to see how it would end and decided to disband the crew.

One year later, he surrender to the Marines. Ofc just as you've stated, the Marines fabricated the real event and said they caught Roger themselves.

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Good, good :) But a little correction here...

Actually, Roger's illness was revealed four years before he got executed. Once they knew this, they decided to take Crocus at the twin cape of Redline with them along the journey to aid Roger on prolonging his life while finding cure for Roger and Rumbar Pirates (Crocus's deal in exchange of him following the Roger pirate crew voyage as the doctor). Within 3 years, Roger was entitled as Pirate King, and due to the low chance of him to be cured, he seemed to see how it would end and decided to disband the crew.

One year later, he surrender to the Marines. Ofc just as you've stated, the Marines fabricated the real event and said they caught Roger themselves.
Ah thanks for that, I had forgotten.

Naruto Power

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
i think he might of been rbber case shanks calls luffys devil fruit his treasure and the only other thing that was called a tresure is the hat. 1st episode