Banned
Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The flashback to his fight with Buu in addition to when Piccolo gets him from behind with the surprise attack shows that Gohan has an unconscious arrogance that makes him to lose, and he still hasn't overcome that weakness.

Which translates to Gohan has only ever lost because he couldn't get the chip off his shoulder and wasn't 'going all out" like Piccolo said.

From the time in which Gohan was able to quickly get his senses back from an unserious training with Piccolo to fighting that fox guy, I knew Gohan was doing the exact same thing Kenpachi would do from Bleach. Which is sealing off his powers lest his powers become redundant for the fight.

He was evidently holding back with Buu, and the same with Piccolo until he had to point it out.

It wasn't even that hard for him to power up before he skipped Super Saiyan 2 (after so long his powers had been sealed) and go into Mystic.

Technically, Gohan is sitting on gold. Only he has to realize what he already has by birthright and use it to its maximum.

I don't have to say why he can go past Mystic. Piccolo's verdict shatters all doubts.

He's definitely reaching the same level of Goku minus Kaoken and his experience. He'll get the power but he'll not be nearly as strong due to them being new and his body not having trained for as many as years as Goku who never took hiatus from training.

Damn, I'm so hyped. I can't wait till Gohan steps over that line.

Plus the kind of arrogance he has makes Goku's pale in comparison.

Goku isn't even that arrogant actually. He's just careless and overestimates his abilites.

But for Gohan, it's a lot stronger. He's the abovementioned and even restricts his powers (Kenpachi shit) so he doesn't get bored with the fight.

He'd gotten serious with Piccolo before solemnly powering up to Mystic but he was unconsciously restricting himself without even noticing it.

That's why when he got serious, it became a piece of cake ripping an arm off.

Last edited:

Guntah

Elite
Kin
148💸
Kumi
78💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It is true though when you stop to think about it. I never really did until now, but the same thing happened in both the Cell Games and the Buu fight. Every time Gohan has a significant upper hand in the fight, he drags it out for as far as he can, which is why Super Perfect Cell and Buutenks end up happening. Hell, even Bojack, a movie villain, he made a point to take down slowly, just walking towards him casually as he killed his crewmates.

Kudos to Super, pointing out a character's flaw and working on his development so he can overcome that flaw.

Reactions: Erotic L

Erotic L

Banned
Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It is true though when you stop to think about it. I never really did until now, but the same thing happened in both the Cell Games and the Buu fight. Every time Gohan has a significant upper hand in the fight, he drags it out for as far as he can, which is why Super Perfect Cell and Buutenks end up happening. Hell, even Bojack, a movie villain, he made a point to take down slowly, just walking towards him casually as he killed his crewmates.

Kudos to Super, pointing out a character's flaw and working on his development so he can overcome that flaw.
True man.

I wasn't expecting any of it. Like Piccolo expressly unveiling Gohan's weakness and why he had to overcome it.

I smiled when he said he was just like Goku because it's true.

I suppose him overcoming his weakness will play a big role in the tournament. It hasn't been indicated that Goku has, and I think that's where it's going. Gohan will be only one to not let his guard down when everybody thinks they've won. That's at least how I see it playing along.

And great comment.

Kanino

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This was proven back in the Cell games, it was his fault Goku had to die and Trunks got hurt, then again with Buu. Only time i remember Goku being like that was with Frieza when he turned super Saiyan but he still kept a balance.

Gohan is a jobber tho.