zenkutsu

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
(Hey guys, sorry for the delays recently. I will try to keep pumping out new stuff. Or would you prefer I Just did one of each chapter per week? Opinions are welcomed and appreciated. For new Readers and Regulars, you may check out my other works and chapters by following the link in my signature - fanfics - )

Chapter 10: Colliding Titans. Return to the battlefield

"Do you not see now that your efforts are pointless. Your friends arrived to save you, and the entire shinobi world came to fight with you, but what was it worth? Nothing! Your efforts were meaningless. The five kage's efforts were meaningless. The Shinobi world is meaningless in comparison to the Juubi, the infinite tsukuyomi and most importantly my power," Madara said as he viewed the landscape that had been destroyed by the Juubi whom he stood upon. Obito stood beside him and watched as he helped prepare the infinite tsukuyomi. I looked around to see Uncle Bee down on the ground barely alive. Kakashi and Bushy Brow sensei were almost completely out of energy. Even Kurama was exhausted. I looked to see all of the shinobi divisions that converged on the battlefield had fallen. All that was left was myself, Kurama and a few spent clones. I felt my chakra slowly slipping away as my body began to collapse.

"So it seems you were just talk after all," I heard Obito proclaim.

"Are we ready to begin the infinite tsukuyomi?" Madara asked him.

"Yes, only a few moments now."

"I grow tired of playing with those insects. The only regrettable part of possessing the Juubi is that now this has become too easy," Madara complained. I began to lose hope for the first time since this war began. I felt as though all my efforts were for not. Everything I did was a failure. I closed my eyes and waited for the end to come. The world began to turn black. All was quiet. But then, as if the entire world stopped with the sound of a pin dropping, a voice broke the black void I was trapped in. It sounded familiar, but different from any other voice I had heard. But the words it spoke I quickly recognized.

"Gedo: Rinne Tensei" the voice called as all of those near me were filled with life energy and began to stand once more. I opened my eyes to see a large muscular man with a scroll on his back. He had long red hair that reached all the way down his back. I looked to his immediate left to see the King of Hell that I last saw being summoned by Nagato. It was the being used to revive Konoha.

"Nagato?" I couldn't help but call out. The man turned around to face me. I first noticed the necklace of red jewels around his neck. I next noticed his rinnegan. However, this man was not Nagato, his face was different, he looked younger and stood much taller.

"Are you Uzumaki Naruto?" the man asked.

"Yes, how do you know me?" I asked.

"That will come later, but for now, I dont want you in my way," he replied as he slammed his hands into the ground, raising up a massive stone wall around me. I felt myself going under a genjutsu and I fell unconscious.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I recognize that face anywhere. Zenkutsu, I never thought you would come to this battlefield alone. You must understand you cannot defeat both of us while we control the Juubi," I heard the once masked man speak to me.

"Obito, is this the one who-" Madara began.

"Yes, this is the one who killed. The one who has served as a thorn in our side from the beginning," Obito answered.

"Oh, so your name is Obito. And I am going to assume that is my father's eye you so carelessly implanted in your miserable skull," I stated.

"This eye belongs to Madara. While your eyes are unexplained, this eye belongs to him and was given to me," Obito answered.

"Well isnt that interesting," I answered.

"Why have you come? Are you here to sacrifice yourself or simply give up?" Madara asked.

"I have nothing to fear of you or your beast," I said.

"Hm, we shall see."