Rohan

Supreme
Kin
1,027💸
Kumi
1,522💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
We should get the Discord ranking username colours on the forums also. This is not an unreasonable demand, because on Discord each rank has a separate colour. So on the forum also it should be the same. If the Discord users can get their Discord ranking here on the forums then we forum users should get the Discord rank colours on the forum also.

This will make the ranking system consistent between Discord and the Forums.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alubama

Rei

Legendary
Kin
5,001,259💸
Kumi
527💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
We are going for a clean look on the forum and having a rainbow of colored usernames is really not what we want.
Even staff members lost their sparkles and the pink color option because it was messy and distracting in the members list.

It's ok for special events and such but not a permanent thing.

Reactions: Avani

Rohan

Supreme
Kin
1,027💸
Kumi
1,522💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
We are going for a clean look on the forum and having a rainbow of colored usernames is really not what we want.
Even staff members lost their sparkles and the pink color option because it was messy and distracting in the members list.

Then what about the Discord? It is messy there also.

Rohan

Supreme
Kin
1,027💸
Kumi
1,522💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

I have seen a few forums do that and thier online lists look clean. What makes an online list look messy is sparkles and animated usernames. If it is just a simple font colour it won't look messy. I think having three colours obtained through rankings would be nice.

Rei

Legendary
Kin
5,001,259💸
Kumi
527💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I have seen a few forums do that and thier online lists look clean. What makes an online list look messy is sparkles and animated usernames. If it is just a simple font colour it won't look messy. I think having three colours obtained through rankings would be nice.
We will have to agree to disagree as in my opinion, a members list should only show with colored usernames members with special permissions or winners of events/contests.

You hate username changes? Is it an admin thing or a personal thing? Just curious.
I have no problem with changing usernames to begin with, I have changed my username on the forum a few times myself. But when the changes happen 3 times per day and you don't know who you are talking to unless you double check then, for me, that's an issue. Especially when it comes to people that have special permissions. But discord is another platform altogether.

Robot

Kin
118💸
Kumi
860💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

This forums layout is anything but "clean" Sub forums are crowded the way posts look like text messages is retarded in my opinion. And on top of that, I still can't figure out how to change my name. The point of Kin and Kumi is utterly useless we should be able to use them to purchase actual forum ranks such as premium. And other ranks on discord take months to get unless you type in the discord every second of every day.

Rei

Legendary
Kin
5,001,259💸
Kumi
527💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This forums layout is anything but "clean" Sub forums are crowded the way posts look like text messages is retarded in my opinion. And on top of that, I still can't figure out how to change my name. The point of Kin and Kumi is utterly useless we should be able to use them to purchase actual forum ranks such as premium. And other ranks on discord take months to get unless you type in the discord every second of every day.
Not sure what your point is with this?

A forum is not like a discord server. You are not supposed to have a different username every 10 minutes and the posts are supposed to be a part of an ongoing, structured discussion, so they are supposed to look like messages.

The kumi is already widely used in the RP, which I'm guessing you aren't active in else you would know this already and we just added the first items in the shop you can buy with Kin, the profile gifts.

We are far from done for sure but yeah... It seems to me that you want the forum to be like discord which will never happen. It's meant to be a forum.

As for changing your username, you can win a contest or buy premium. Then you will be able to change it yourself.

Robot

Kin
118💸
Kumi
860💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Not sure what your point is with this?

A forum is not like a discord server. You are not supposed to have a different username every 10 minutes and the posts are supposed to be a part of an ongoing, structured discussion, so they are supposed to look like messages.

The kumi is already widely used in the RP, which I'm guessing you aren't active in else you would know this already and we just added the first items in the shop you can buy with Kin, the profile gifts.

We are far from done for sure but yeah... It seems to me that you want the forum to be like discord which will never happen. It's meant to be a forum.

As for changing your username, you can win a contest or buy premium. Then you will be able to change it yourself.
There is not even an option you could simply fix this by making your username changable every 30 minutes, but instead you made it so you have to pay money to change your username.

You shouldn't have to pay for a simple role playing item. Which is stupid.

And on top of that their is no forced dimensions for your profile picture making it so profile pictures can be streched af (no offense)

Rei

Legendary
Kin
5,001,259💸
Kumi
527💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
There is not even an option you could simply fix this by making your username changable every 30 minutes, but instead you made it so you have to pay money to change your username.

You shouldn't have to pay for a simple role playing item. Which is stupid.

And on top of that their is no forced dimensions for your profile picture making it so profile pictures can be streched af (no offense)
I am not sure how to make this clearer....

We don't want username changes every 10 or 30 minutes. We want people to be recognized by their usernames so that they can have constructive discussions and be a part of the community. We don't want hectic, chaotic, rushed chatting. We want structure, since a forum has by definition a slower pace than a chatroom.

We have set it up so that there is a maximum size of avatars, which is suitable for the current most common screen resolutions. If members want a smaller avatar they still can do that.

Now, like I mentioned earlier you don't have to buy a username change. You can win 1st place in one of our contests or participate in our special events. If this doesn't work for you, create another account.

We also don't allow spamming on the forum. If you have any more suggestions, create a thread and post them. You can also send me a private message.

Closing this thread now as we have gone off topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.