Kin
2,658💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Hola fam.

As you all can see, I joined Animebase (It was called Narutobase back then) in 2010.
Back then the GFX community was alive and popping.
It seemed to have died off a bit. It's a shame to be honest.
Why did it die off?

Back then i posted my signatures and i always got a bunch of feedback.
I have to admit my signatures weren't that good back then. So there was alot to give feedback on.
The level of GFX work was really high back then.

But nowadays i rarely see any feedback on stuff people make.
I rarely see any new stuff posted in the Design hall.
I'm sure alot of people on here want to make signatures and avatars.
Let's get that GFX community popping again!

Let's be active and don't be afraid to try new stuff.

Hei

Supreme
Kin
263💸
Kumi
250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Due to lack of activity ,amount of people who are interested/can do something decreased.The more users come the more chance our forum can pick up some people ,who are interested in GFX.

Lukecetion

Kin
754💸
Kumi
1,177💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Due to lack of activity ,amount of people who are interested/can do something decreased.The more users come the more chance our forum can pick up some people ,who are interested in GFX.
I think that you need more than just people who are interested. A lot of people these days are interested in learning how design and art work in different regards. Some want to just learn how to use Photoshop for simply manipulation work and some want to learn how to draw from scratch. Sharing work is fine, but is generally don't create conversation that is lasting. Hence to maintain a forum based on that you would need a lot of people, an unrealistic amount even.

I think (as a community) the better way to increase activity would be focus on the things people can learn and talk about, rather than just showing. Making guides, videos, sharing resources and doing larger projects that in-cooperate more people than just one artist. In other words, rather than trying to create a community of individual people sharing their work for mostly brag right, we should work towards a community of artists working together. It would not only (likely) increase the amount of people who are active, but also make it a lot more entertaining and educational.

Skorm

ιn ѕιlιco
Elite
Kin
10,956💸
Kumi
81,693💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I think that you need more than just people who are interested. A lot of people these days are interested in learning how design and art work in different regards. Some want to just learn how to use Photoshop for simply manipulation work and some want to learn how to draw from scratch. Sharing work is fine, but is generally don't create conversation that is lasting. Hence to maintain a forum based on that you would need a lot of people, an unrealistic amount even.

I think (as a community) the better way to increase activity would be focus on the things people can learn and talk about, rather than just showing. Making guides, videos, sharing resources and doing larger projects that in-cooperate more people than just one artist. In other words, rather than trying to create a community of individual people sharing their work for mostly brag right, we should work towards a community of artists working together. It would not only (likely) increase the amount of people who are active, but also make it a lot more entertaining and educational.
There is a subforum for that, but it's just as dead as the rest if not even more dead. Even in the "golden" years of NB, that section was still quite underwhelmed compared to the regularly active Design Hall. Tbh, if you want suggestions of resources/tutorials you can ask me or any other veteran that you can come across. I'd be happy to help.

Lukecetion

Kin
754💸
Kumi
1,177💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
There is a subforum for that, but it's just as dead as the rest if not even more dead. Even in the "golden" years of NB, that section was still quite underwhelmed compared to the regularly active Design Hall. Tbh, if you want suggestions of resources/tutorials you can ask me or any other veteran that you can come across. I'd be happy to help.
Hm... Then that certainly even more of a reason to try and expand on that area of the community, right? Humans are curious by nature and with the rise of the digital age its become far more common to have a decent understanding of design or at least the interest in learning some about it. Though I was thinking more about cooperation and working together than just mindlessly posting resources you have had stored on your storage units over the past decade(s).

Also, while I appreciate the offer, I (personally) don't need resources/tutorials much as I have well over a decade worth of it stored and even if I need I am more than adapt at information gathering to find it myself.

Skorm

ιn ѕιlιco
Elite
Kin
10,956💸
Kumi
81,693💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Hm... Then that certainly even more of a reason to try and expand on that area of the community, right? Humans are curious by nature and with the rise of the digital age its become far more common to have a decent understanding of design or at least the interest in learning some about it. Though I was thinking more about cooperation and working together than just mindlessly posting resources you have had stored on your storage units over the past decade(s).

Also, while I appreciate the offer, I (personally) don't need resources/tutorials much as I have well over a decade worth of it stored and even if I need I am more than adapt at information gathering to find it myself.
Yes, but i'm just pointing out that that has been an issue even when we had loads of people here which means you'd need a different approach than currently and back then(cus they are the same). My plan wasn't to dump my old resources, i am sure there are many new ones that people can use. If you don't need help with anything, then why are you so keen getting a community about help going? Unless of course you want to be a providing source?

Lukecetion

Kin
754💸
Kumi
1,177💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yes, but i'm just pointing out that that has been an issue even when we had loads of people here which means you'd need a different approach than currently and back then(cus they are the same). My plan wasn't to dump my old resources, i am sure there are many new ones that people can use. If you don't need help with anything, then why are you so keen getting a community about help going? Unless of course you want to be a providing source?
I said that humans are curious by nature and believe it or not I am human and a very curious one at that. No matter the amount of knowledge, skills and information I gather in my life, there will always be someone with a different angle, a different view and approach to the problem or task. As such I find great joy in talking with people, debating with them, learning from them and teaching them what I know in an effort to foster a healthy relationship of learning and discovery. Which is why I am keen on growing a community or being part of an already existing one. I don't specifically need resources or tutorials at this point in time, but I always make a note about where I can get that for future use (be that a person or place).

Art is about expression of oneself and design is about the utility use of a piece of art, both have endless values in terms of learning and discussion. You can say I want to learn what I can with the time I have and the thing that interests me the most is the views, ideas and concepts of others as I know myself fairly well already. A community that just shares their work and not their thoughts behind them, nor work together to produce something even more unique is a dull one indeed and one that holds little value in terms of learning and teaching.

Skorm

ιn ѕιlιco
Elite
Kin
10,956💸
Kumi
81,693💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I said that humans are curious by nature and believe it or not I am human and a very curious one at that. No matter the amount of knowledge, skills and information I gather in my life, there will always be someone with a different angle, a different view and approach to the problem or task. As such I find great joy in talking with people, debating with them, learning from them and teaching them what I know in an effort to foster a healthy relationship of learning and discovery. Which is why I am keen on growing a community or being part of an already existing one. I don't specifically need resources or tutorials at this point in time, but I always make a note about where I can get that for future use (be that a person or place).

Art is about expression of oneself and design is about the utility use of a piece of art, both have endless values in terms of learning and discussion. You can say I want to learn what I can with the time I have and the thing that interests me the most is the views, ideas and concepts of others as I know myself fairly well already. A community that just shares their work and not their thoughts behind them, nor work together to produce something even more unique is a dull one indeed and one that holds little value in terms of learning and teaching.
Not everyone apparently. Yes, sparkles happen in curiousity and then when you don't have time to fulfill your expectations or find motivation it's good to have something or someone to push you further. That's what i've been lacking and i'm sure others have as well. Art isn't just an expression, it's a language but too few here speak it for it to grow.