[Discussion] GFX back in the day.

Lukecetion

Kin
754💸
Kumi
1,177💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Not everyone apparently. Yes, sparkles happen in curiousity and then when you don't have time to fulfill your expectations or find motivation it's good to have something or someone to push you further. That's what i've been lacking and i'm sure others have as well.
Then foster those ideas and share that with people, discuss and talk with people, take a walk around, visit a new place with friends or watch a movie with friends. Inspiration is more often than not gained from an outside source and not an internal one, its often how you apply the words of others into a art-piece. That is what a community like this should revolve around and not simply sharing images without discussion. When you look at a tower, you see what you see, you've decided upon what you see and you've concluded that is all there is to it. Creativity comes from exploring new ways to look at things, which is a rare ability to possess internally, which is why people fall to attempts and try all variants regardless of stupid they sound originally. Yet even with that skill, the best way to increase your pool of creative sources is to discuss, talk and listen to others.

The tower you see might be a blade or a portal to others, it might appear to be a "cut" in the sky or nothing more than a huge rock. That is the kind of community I would say a forum or section dedicated to something as abstract as "art" should try to foster and grow.

Art isn't just an expression, it's a language but too few here speak it for it to grow.
While I by no means disagree with this message, I don't really like the saying that "art is a language". The entire saying would be something like; "Art is a language and the most honest form of expression we are capable of". Language implies that you are trying to get a message across, you are trying to tell and say something. That is more the realm of "design" as its a tool to be used. Good art is subjective by all means, but I find that the best art is not one that tells you a set story, but one that let you tell your own story through the artwork.

Skorm

ιn ѕιlιco
Elite
Kin
10,956💸
Kumi
81,693💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Then foster those ideas and share that with people, discuss and talk with people, take a walk around, visit a new place with friends or watch a movie with friends. Inspiration is more often than not gained from an outside source and not an internal one, its often how you apply the words of others into a art-piece. That is what a community like this should revolve around and not simply sharing images without discussion. When you look at a tower, you see what you see, you've decided upon what you see and you've concluded that is all there is to it. Creativity comes from exploring new ways to look at things, which is a rare ability to possess internally, which is why people fall to attempts and try all variants regardless of stupid they sound originally. Yet even with that skill, the best way to increase your pool of creative sources is to discuss, talk and listen to others.

The tower you see might be a blade or a portal to others, it might appear to be a "cut" in the sky or nothing more than a huge rock. That is the kind of community I would say a forum or section dedicated to something as abstract as "art" should try to foster and grow.

While I by no means disagree with this message, I don't really like the saying that "art is a language". The entire saying would be something like; "Art is a language and the most honest form of expression we are capable of". Language implies that you are trying to get a message across, you are trying to tell and say something. That is more the realm of "design" as its a tool to be used. Good art is subjective by all means, but I find that the best art is not one that tells you a set story, but one that let you tell your own story through the artwork.
Take it down a notch with the abstractions there, you’re scarying me xD. Why don’t try and make a thread in the resources/tutorials page then and see how it is received. Gotta start somwhere.

Lukecetion

Kin
754💸
Kumi
1,177💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Take it down a notch with the abstractions there, you’re scarying me xD. Why don’t try and make a thread in the resources/tutorials page then and see how it is received. Gotta start somwhere.
Note taken my sir! I will tone down the abstractions as best I can. I was also planning on doing that, but as with all tasks, if one fails to prepare, one prepares to fail. Just some minor things to start a discussion and get a ball rolling.

Skorm

ιn ѕιlιco
Elite
Kin
10,956💸
Kumi
81,693💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Note taken my sir! I will tone down the abstractions as best I can. I was also planning on doing that, but as with all tasks, if one fails to prepare, one prepares to fail. Just some minor things to start a discussion and get a ball rolling.
Fail breeds success, which is why failing in the beginning is usually always good. That way you can see what you’re not supposed to do!