Kin
23💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
ew said:
Summer is coming.

HBO is officially confirming some major changes for Game of Thrones.

Season 7 of the fantasy sensation will not return until summer 2017 – pushing back from the show’s usual strategy of premiering each edition of the series in the spring (typically April).

Also, the network is confirming for the first time that next edition will consist of seven episodes (a pull back from the show’s usual 10 hours).

Plus, HBO added that the next season will be shot in Northern Ireland, Spain, and Iceland. It’s been a couple years since the Thrones team used Iceland for significant shooting, having primarily used the location for North of the Wall scenes when Jon Snow was embedded with the Wildlings camp.

“Now that winter has arrived on Game of Thrones, executive producers David Benioff and D.B. Weiss felt that the storylines of the next season would be better served by starting production a little later than usual, when the weather is changing,” said Casey Bloys, president, HBO programming. “Instead of the show’s traditional spring debut, we’re moving the debut to summer to accommodate the shooting schedule.”

Benioff and Weiss also recently told the UFC Unfiltered podcast that production was getting a later start this year to film in wintery locations, which prompted speculation that the show’s return date might also be pushed. “We’re starting a bit later because at the end of this season, ‘Winter is here’ — and that means that sunny weather doesn’t really serve our purposes any more. So we kind of pushed everything down the line, so we could get some grim grey weather even in the sunnier places that we shoot.” (Usually the show begins production in July).

The producers have previously told EW they wanted to cap the hit series at 73 hours, with seven episodes next year, and six in an eighth-and-final season. (“We’ve known for several years now how many hours, roughly, we want it to go, it hasn’t changed,” Benioff said.) HBO has not yet confirmed anything about season 8, however, so that part of their plan is not yet official.

Thrones has managed to ratchet up its production values with each season, and having fewer episodes will likely allow more time for the team to polish every hour of the show. The producers have tapped directors Alan Taylor, Jeremy Podeswa, Mark Mylod, and Matt Shakman for next season.

Thrones season 6 broke HBO ratings records once again with episodes averaging more than 23 million viewers, including streaming, repeats and DVR playback The drama was also nominated for 23 primetime Emmys last week, more than any of other series for the third year running.

Source:

tl;dr : The show will return in the summer of 2017, with a 7-hour (7 episodes) season, which will be followed by a 6-part final season.

Personally, I don't know what smarts more. That I have to wait more than usual, that the seasons will be shorter, or that it's coming to an end.
A man wants to kill himself :elmo:

Flakez

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yeah we knew for a while there's only 13 episodes left, it's a real bummer that we have to wait more though, but I can see that the weather is an important part now that winter is here.

Flaw

Legendary
Kin
23💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yeah we knew for a while there's only 13 episodes left, it's a real bummer that we have to wait more though, but I can see that the weather is an important part now that winter is here.
It's rather symbolic really :elmo: Now that winter has come, the days (seasons) grow shorter and the long night (the wait) is upon us :bdpf:

Aominecchi

Legendary
Kin
9💸
Kumi
1,392💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I'm kinda mad that it will take longer
On the other hand I am sure they are doing this so we can get quality episodes
Man...can't believe it's actually coming to an end...

Flaw

Legendary
Kin
23💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm kinda mad that it will take longer
On the other hand I am sure they are doing this so we can get quality episodes
Man...can't believe it's actually coming to an end...
Could be, however they could ensure quality by letting Miguel Sapochnik direct the major fights, but his name is nowehre to be found in the season 7 credits

Flakez

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Could be, however they could ensure quality by letting Miguel Sapochnik direct the major fights, but his name is nowehre to be found in the season 7 credits
He won't be in season 7 at all, though he will probably return for Season 8, which will likely have the biggest battle yet, The War for the Dawn.

Six Paths

Legendary
Kin
121💸
Kumi
4,249💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well, we cannot help it, but wait...and let us hope that maybe this grand finale will leave us as RR Martin most of the time does, without words, and full of sorrow, for it will have ended...

Cfighter

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I predicted that the show only had 2 seasons left, but Im not sure how I feel about each season being significantly less episodes.

The Amazing Spider Man

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This is just perfect. I love this TV show to death and this was a great strategy plan. Hope to be able to meet the makers behind this and really get to hear what its like to work with people for so long and keep this high consistency through out all these seasons.

cryhwks

Veteran
Kin
321💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Considering I started reading these books 14 years ago a year long wait isn't a big deal for me.

And we've known for awhile about the 13 episodes so that's not surprising.

But they also have 2 extra hours they can do so I'm beating that 2 hours will be a movie that wraps everything up.

I predicted that the show only had 2 seasons left, but Im not sure how I feel about each season being significantly less episodes.
Less episode but more money to spread out over 7 episodes