[Discussion] Game Changer (Spoiler for Anime Watchers)

Kiiszame

Regular
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Does the revelation that the man eating titans, that have been hated and deemed demons and atrocities, are actually people that have been punished and turned into titans to roam Paradise by basically by the Nazi party equivalent change the hatred of the characters in the series?

The entire time they've hated the Titans, but in a sense its not their fault but the people outside the walls who sent them there.
Discuss.

(This chapter kinda ****ed my mind. Now you cant hate the titans but at the same time the characters entire reality for as long as they can remember has been to hate them. In a sense theyre killing "innocent" allies)

Kanino

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yeah bro, I'm still processing it ...... but seeing now that being a titan was a punishment back then, kinda makes me feel for them. I'm really excited about this Grisha arc we are about to see.

Your Creepy Stalker

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Oh, you can hate the mindless monsters, since they still try to eat you no matter how sorry you feel for them.

I'm wondering where Grisha got his Titan Shifting powers from. He was found wandering outside the walls, which makes it seem like he was sent to Paradis island as a titan, then ate another shifter like Ymir. But that still raises the question of how he found another titan shifter to eat.
It could also explain why Zeke looks much older than he would be if Grisha hadn't spent any time as a titan.

Some other things i'm wondering about: Ymir Fritz is the first Titan and passed to Coordinate down to her descendants. How come the Coordinate ended up with the Reiss family instead of the Fritzes? The fake king in the walls was a Fritz, so presumably he's a decendant, but he knows nothing. Unless the legend is wrong and she's really Ymir Reiss.

Allegedly, the Titans were made by Ymir Fritz making a deal with "The Devils of the Earth". I'm calling bullshit on that right away, since we've gotten Pseudoscience explanations for everything before this, explaining the biggest mystery of all with "The Devil did it" is so strange in comparison that the legend is almost certainly wrong.

And what does Ymir Fritz have to do with the present day Ymir? Ymir's backstory would imply that she was "sent to paradise" at some point 80 years ago, then "met" Reiner and Bertold's friend to become a shifter again

Finally, Fun Fact, the map we saw of Marley is a N/S Inverted map of Africa. Paradis Island, where the walls are built, is Madagascar. [ ]
However, The walls are supposed to have a diameter of 500km, 760km, and 960km, which means they could not fit on Madagascar, which is only 579km, east to west. Those measurements were only given in the anime though, so it might be?

Last edited: