Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
She was first fast and furious. Now Israel actress Gal Gadot is looking positively wondrous.

Warner Bros. Pictures confirmed Wednesday that Gadot, 28, has been cast to play Diana Prince, and her superhero alter ego Wonder Woman, in director Zack Snyder's upcoming Man of Steel follow-up. The as-yet-untitled movie, scheduled for release July 17, 2015, features Henry Cavill in his second stint as Superman (and Clark Kent) and Ben Affleck, who's making his movie debut as Bruce Wayne/Batman.

Gadot, a model and 2004 Miss Universe contestant from Israel, starred in three movies in the Fast & Furious franchise — including this year's Fast & Furious 6 — and also had supporting roles in Date Night and Knight & Day.

This marks Wonder Woman's biggest on-screen splash to date — Lynda Carter played the DC Comics superheroine on TV in the 1970s, and Adrianne Palicki starred as Diana in a Wonder Woman pilot that never made it to series.

"Wonder Woman is arguably one of the most powerful female characters of all time and a fan favorite in the DC Universe," Snyder said. "Not only is Gal an amazing actress, but she also has that magical quality that makes her perfect for the role.

From USA Today!

I'm excited now.

~Hebi Terumi~

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Isn't Justin Beiber playing Robin?

So I wouldn't be too excited.
No, he's not. Besides, I doubt there will be a Robin in this film. Something about a pre pubescent child running around and fighting crime with a man dressed in Batsuit, wouldn't make much sense in the new DC cinematic universe they're trying to create.

Jack Spicer

Legendary
Kin
21💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I can't believe I didn't instantly think of you when I saw this huge news. Hebi is always + Wonder Woman!

I'm super pumped. Finally, Wonder Woman in film. It's been a long time coming.

This movie is taking risks and finally giving fans what they want. DC has stepped up since Avengers. They have great games, a fantastic TV show (with more planned. Side note: I really hope a certain hooded vigilante appears in a post credit scene in MOS 2), and are taking that drive into their filmverse.

All I can say is YES.

~Hebi Terumi~

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I can't believe I didn't instantly think of you when I saw this huge news. Hebi is always + Wonder Woman!

I'm super pumped. Finally, Wonder Woman in film. It's been a long time coming.

This movie is taking risks and finally giving fans what they want. DC has stepped up since Avengers. They have great games, a fantastic TV show (with more planned. Side note: I really hope a certain hooded vigilante appears in a post credit scene in MOS 2), and are taking that drive into their filmverse.

All I can say is YES.
I can't believe you didn't think of me either :( I know everything about Wonder Woman. You should have seen my face when I read this confirmation.

Yeah, DC is on the right track, but some people are afraid they are cramming too much into this new film. The way I see it, Wonder Woman in this film will probably be some sort of glorified cameo type role (maybe 3-5 minutes of screentime), and the rest will be about Supes and Bats, with Superman getting more of the attencion, because after all this is a sequel to MoS, a Superman film.

I'd love if a certain hooded vigilante shows up as well. :p

Jack Spicer

Legendary
Kin
21💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
She's going to have to put on a little bit of muscle though.
Definitely.
I can't believe you didn't think of me either :( I know everything about Wonder Woman. You should have seen my face when I read this confirmation.

Yeah, DC is on the right track, but some people are afraid they are cramming too much into this new film. The way I see it, Wonder Woman in this film will probably be some sort of glorified cameo type role (maybe 3-5 minutes of screentime), and the rest will be about Supes and Bats, with Superman getting more of the attencion, because after all this is a sequel to MoS, a Superman film.

I'd love if a certain hooded vigilante shows up as well. :p
Yeah, your image should appeared as my eyes met the first tweet I saw.

I agree on the cameo. They shouldn't overstuff this. Superman still hasn't had the Daily Bugle experience.