Krampus

Kin
194💸
Kumi
543💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Nicholas pondered for a moment. It seemed like an odd question, he hadn't chosen ice. It was in his blood, the blood of the Yuki clan.

Ice, from what I've been told by my father, is an element born from the union of water and wind. The wind of the element is used to cool down the water until it freezes and becomes ice or snow. Like other Kekkei Genkai its a powerful ability, strong to its composition elements and weak to earth and lightning. Its water base makes it neutral to fire, as the water produced from the melting ice smothers the flames. I...

He paused for a moment, unsure of whether to reveal his personal motivations.

I wish to use Ice for good so that the reputation of my clan, and my family, can be restored. My father fled into exile because of the anger held against the Yuki clan. I want to create a world for him where he can live freely and peacefully.

Nicholas was smiling now.

Also, I come from the Land of Frost. There the children play in the snow with such wonder! Perhaps I can use my Hyouton to bring this joy to those who live in snow-less regions.

Detective L

Legendary
Kin
2,224💸
Kumi
3,141💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Interesting. His motivations were odd. I had only heard of those who wanted to murder, become stronger, not of any who wished to do some good. I was quite relieved. A smile crossed on my face. This was bound to be fun.

"Good! Well, let's get started, then."

(Hyouton: Shimogakure no Jutsu) - Ice Release: Hiding in Frost Technique
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short-Long
Chakra: 15 (-5 per turn active)
Damage: N/A
Description: The user after performing the rat hand seal covers the surrounding area in frost, creating a cold mist and drastically lowering the temperature of the surrounding area. Despite not as hindering as the hidden mist, the technique enables a ninja to more stealthy move and surprise his enemy who will be hindered by both the thin mist and the freezing temperature.

"After the formation of a single hand seal, you will manipulate your chakra to the surrounding, and in tandem, create an extremely cold mist. This lowers the temperature, but also, creates a slightly hindering mist, which allows you to be a bit more sneaky. Great for setting the theme for a Christmas party, to be honest."

(Hyouton no Jutsu) Ice Release Technique
Chakra: 15
Damage: 30
Description: The user can use this jutsu to make it begin to snow down on the terrain, or, much like the “Earth Style Technique” the user can make small pillars or shields of pre-existing ice or make it materialize. If this is used to make snow, then after 3 to 4 turns most of the terrain will be covered.

"A technique where you will make it snow, or to create small weapons or trinkets, that may help you in a fight. If used for snow, after 3 to 4 turns, the entire terrain will be snow filled."

Krampus

Kin
194💸
Kumi
543💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The two techniques described by his sensei were familiar to him, in a way. Nicholas had used similar techniques with the water element in the past, creating a thick mist and a localized rain storm. It seemed that these techniques followed the same format, but with the addition of wind chakra to reduce temperature and alter the effects.

Those sound like the perfect techniques.

Nicholas clapped his hands together and began to focus on the water particles around the environment. First his focus was on lifting them into the air and condensing them into a mist. This he had done in the past, and so it happened fairly easily. The next part was more difficult. He focused on cooling the water, lowering its temperature and creating frost. He closed his eyes to enhance his focus and after several seconds the air temperature began to drop. The mist thinned out but became much, much colder. Soon enough Nicholas and his sensei could see their breaths in the air.

Not satisfied with just the frost, Nicholas next focused on the sky. He gathered clouds in the air and then using the same method reduced their temperature. Moments later the first flakes of snow began to float down to the training grounds.

Detective L

Legendary
Kin
2,224💸
Kumi
3,141💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
"Icy."

It seemed he could easily perform the techniques, as was expected. He was skilled indeed.

(Hyouton: Tsubame Fubuki) Ice Release: Swallow Snow Storm
Type: Offensive
Range: Short-Mid
Description: The user will shoot out a cluster of needles, shaped like swallows, which will fly out toward their target with great speed. The swallows are unable to be dodged as they can change direction in mid-air, redirecting themselves to hit their target. This jutsu is also highly resistant to fire attacks, unable to be destroyed by fire jutsu unless it is higher than C ranked.

"A technique where you will shoot out a cluster of needles, which are shaped like swallows. They can follow the opponent, and change direction in the air."

(Hyouton: Hyōrō no Jutsu) Ice Release: Ice Prison Technique
Type: Offensive/Defensive
Description: The user will rise up what seems like a jagged pillar of ice from the ground, encasing their opponent and freezing them in place. The user can also use this on themselves, encasing themselves in ice to defend them from jutsu. Being an ice user, however, the user will still be able to move their arms and legs fluently while in the ice.

"A technique where you will raise a pillar of Ice from the ground around the opponent, and encase them within it. It can also be done to defend, but the user is able to move within the ice."

Krampus

Kin
194💸
Kumi
543💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Nicholas' hands quickly came together as he focused his chakra into the ground below himself. He concentrated on the moisture within the earth and pulled it from the ground while dropping its temperature to below freezing. As it was extracted it formed into ice that took the shape of a large pillar surrounding Nicholas, though he was free to move through his own creation. Shifting his hands he altered his focus to the pillar of ice around him. Manipulating that ice, he grew a half dozen swallows with needle-like beaks that flew forward. Like a flock of birds they shifted directions in unison, first to the right, then up, then left, and finally down where they bombarded a practice target from above.

Hoho! I hope that was as you meant.

(Is it okay to use other techniques from within the ice? Or is it only basic movements I can use while inside?)

Detective L

Legendary
Kin
2,224💸
Kumi
3,141💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'd be fine with using techniques from the Ice, it is a source after all lol.

"Very good. It seems this is easy for you!"

(Hyouton: Sensatsu Suishou) Ice Release: 1000 Needles of Death
Description: The user will make needles surround the opponent from all sides. Directly above them, though, there is an opening. The user can jump away at the last second before the needles converge on their opponent, or they can simply perform the jutsu from a safe distance.

"A technique where you will manipulate the moisture in the air, and freeze it in order to create ice based needles that converge on the opponent from around them. It's pretty simple to do."

(Hyouton: Usui Kōri no Ue Ni Tatte) Ice Release: Standing on Thin Ice
Range: Mid-Long
Description: The user will make five hand seals and place his hands on the ice below him. He will then focus his water and wind chakra into the ice and with his chakra he will make the ice as weak and brittle as possible so that it is easily broken. If either the user or the enemy step on the ice in front of the user, it will shatter. This technique can be used to weaken other ice jutsu B-rank and below. In this case, the user does not need to make contact with the jutsu and will instead just transfer his chakra into the ice jutsu he wants to weaken. The affected ice jutsu will be weakened one rank.
Note: Courtesy of Haku Yuki.

"A technique where you will form five hand seals, and place your hands on the ice below you. You will then focus your Ice chakra into the ice, and make it brittle. This can be used to affect Ice techniques, and does not require physical contact."

Krampus

Kin
194💸
Kumi
543💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Nicholas focused his chakra into the air surrounding a practice dummy and chilled the water particles while shaping them into senbon-sized needles. Once formed, the needles fired in towards the practice dummy and skewered it from every angle. He then continued with five more hand seals and focused his chakra into the needles, weakening the structure of the needles by making them brittle. Nicholas walked up to the dummy and plucked a needle from its body, held it at opposite ends between his fingers, and snapped it like a pencil.

Never

Supreme
Kin
2,719💸
Kumi
44,736💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Tasuke appears on the training field, surrounded in an aura of dark purple chakra which subsides and he looks around for his student.
"Ah! There we are, I see now you've beefed up your strength, means you can use some stronger techniques."

"Well to begin I'll give you a short exercise, you're gonna have to protect me and yourself from this flurry of exploding tags. IT needs to be strong though."

And with that Tasuke throws a barrage of Tagged Kunai into the air directly upwards, which would eventually come down upon both of them. He stood there with his hands on his hips and a big grin, like he was proud of this teaching method.

(Hyouton: Hōgohi Engai) – Ice Release: Protective Ice Dome
Type: Defensive
Range: Short
Chakra: 20
Description: The can quickly create an ice dome around his allies and himself to act as a defence. It is strong enough to withstand the assault of many exploding tags at once, remaining almost undamaged.

Krampus

Kin
194💸
Kumi
543💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Tasuke appears on the training field, surrounded in an aura of dark purple chakra which subsides and he looks around for his student.
"Ah! There we are, I see now you've beefed up your strength, means you can use some stronger techniques."

"Well to begin I'll give you a short exercise, you're gonna have to protect me and yourself from this flurry of exploding tags. IT needs to be strong though."

And with that Tasuke throws a barrage of Tagged Kunai into the air directly upwards, which would eventually come down upon both of them. He stood there with his hands on his hips and a big grin, like he was proud of this teaching method.

(Hyouton: Hōgohi Engai) – Ice Release: Protective Ice Dome
Type: Defensive
Description: The can quickly create an ice dome around his allies and himself to act as a defence. It is strong enough to withstand the assault of many exploding tags at once, remaining almost undamaged.
It appeared his old teacher would not be returning, yet a new man arrived along with a dark aura. The previous training had been simple. Sensei said jump left, Nicholas did. Sensei said jump right, Nicholas did that too. This was different. A rain of tagged kunai quickly descended on Nicholas, and it was up to him to progress his strength, or fall here and now.

Very well, only through danger can we push past our limits!

Nicholas's thoughts returned to an odd memory, one of an igloo stretching up above him. A shield against the outside world. He clapped his hands together and chilled the air around him until the moisture within it began to freeze. A dome of ice took shape around and above him as the kunai arrived. The tags ignited with a great fury, but once the smoke had cleared the dome of ice stood unscathed.

Never

Supreme
Kin
2,719💸
Kumi
44,736💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Tasuke claps in response to Nicholas' quick usage of Ice Release and Skill in Chakra Manipultion. At least they were both safe from the frenzy of Tagged Kunai. His student was who he was hear to teach and that was all that mattered now.

"Apologies for such an abrupt entrance. Now let us move on."

Tasuke produces a Lightning Technique from his body that is expelled at the Ice Dome, moving around Nicholas and shattering the Ice through until they are revealed in the open again.

Damage: 40
Description: A stronger version of the original Flying Needles of Death gathers large amounts of Needles from the air and surrounding environment into more than a thousand needles. He then directs the needles to a specific target, and leaps back to avoid damage to himself. The difference is that these needles are literally icicle spikes, and after damaging the target the icicle spikes melt into a light cold rain.

"You've learned the technique 1000 needles of death correct? Well we're going to do that again, only larger! using the moisture in the air you should be able to gather a large amount of needles, thooousands of them, but then make them larger than needles like literal icicle spikes that you can direct to a specific target. Impale some of them trees."

Description: The user will create a single, or a large abundance, of very large ice spikes that will protrude from the ground. The spikes were shown to have been about the size, taller even, than a small house. The user can make multiple spikes that will rise up simultaneously in the same general vicinity, or a single one.
"You can also produce Ice through the ground as you should know, Ice Spikes from the ground is a pretty standard and generic technique in all Elemental Fields. You don't have to perform this one - but know that it's a part of your arsenal an capabilities."

Krampus

Kin
194💸
Kumi
543💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Nicholas walked over to the trees and focused. Bringing his hands together he cooled the around him, as he had many times before, to form needles of ice that hung suspended. This time he channeled more and more chakra into the technique, forming more needles and growing them until they were needles no more, but spikes. He jumped back and threw his arms forward to send the spikes piercing into the trees.

Hmm. Will that do?

Never

Supreme
Kin
2,719💸
Kumi
44,736💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
"Excellent! That's one perfectly impaled tree. Lets move on."

Description: A humongous white whale with a single horn made out of ice will be made. The whale can crash into a target using its large horn or simply its massive size, or it can serve defensive purposes; its large size making it capable of blocking any attack that it is capable of withstanding.

Description: The user will create a giant tiger made out of ice. The tiger cannot even be slightly affected by any water release unless it is A ranked or above (or a combination of water and another element) as it freezes most water release attacks it comes in contact with.

"For this you can either create a Tiger that has a strong resistance to water attacks or to create a very large horned whale capable of either attack with brute force or defending against large attacks."

Description: The user firsts traps the target's feet to the ground by freezing ice onto them. They then uses a specific hand seal which causes the chunks of ice at the target's feet to grow into one large chunk, freezing the target completely. Quickly jumping back they throw several senbon at the frozen target. It partially cracks the chunk of ice, and then shatters outward, damaging the target once more.

Tasuke takes out a small shell and it then transforms into a humanoid creature made completely out of this shell. It looks around aimlessly before realising it was about to be used as a training dummy.

"Okay I want you to freeze the ground around this target's feet and then by making a handseal causing the chunks of ice to grow into on large chunk to freeze the target completely. Then throw some senbon at the dummy and it should partially crack the ice before shattering completely causing damage."

Krampus

Kin
194💸
Kumi
543💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Sorry little guy, I'll make this quick.

Nicholas brought his hands together and chilled the moisture around the shell-creature's feet, encasing them in blocks of ice. He then formed a final unique hand seal and the blocks of ice sprang upwards, melding together and encasing the dummy in a solid chunk of ice. Nicholas jumped back and flung a series of senbon at the icy chunk, creating cracks in its surface. He held off on throwing the final senbon, instead he weaved his hands together and shaped a tiger of ice. The tiger charged forward and swiped at the frozen target dummy, shattering the fractured ice and destroying it.

Never

Supreme
Kin
2,719💸
Kumi
44,736💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Very good, I like how you combined the two jutsu together even though you didn't have to.

They had come to the end of the official list of Ice Release techniques up to B-Rank, however there were a couple jutsu that were still at the back of Tasuke's mind. He spoke to his student, impressed with his resolve.

So there are three jutsu created by different shinobi kind enough to give out their knowledge, you have access to them, though would you like me to still go over them more closely with you?

Krampus

Kin
194💸
Kumi
543💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Nicholas took a scroll from his teacher and unraveled it, reading down the list of ancient knowledge.

(Hyouton: Kōrudotatchi) Ice Release: Cold Touch
Description: While standing on a water surface, user simply gathers Hyouton chakra in both hands and places them on the surface. As his hands gets in contact with the surface his chakra spreads through the water and freezes it, creating an around one meter thick layer of ice. If the opponent is caught standing on the water surface while the water underneath him is freezing, he will be trapped. Once the freezing process completely ends, the surface is safe to walk on.
Note: Usable only four times per battle
Note: Courtesy of McRazor

(Hyouton: Mabayui Bakari no Rifurekushon) Ice Release: Blinding Reflection
Description: While the field is on ice, the user quickly channels chakra through his legs and sends it into the ground. While quickly spreading his chakra through the ground, he calculates his opponent's position and the position of the sun, which he then uses to manipulate the frozen ground in order create a small ice bump which deflects the sun into his opponents’ eyes. Due to the reflection being very strong and concentrated into one point, i.e. opponents’ eyes, he gets blinded enough for the user to move from long to mid or mid to short, and vice versa.
Note: Usable only two times per battle
Note: The sun must be clearly visible in the sky
Note: Courtesy of McRazor

(Hyouton: Yuki Tenkan) - Ice Release: Snow Conversion
Range: Long
Description: The user manipulates the snow on the battlefield that they created and uses their chakra to completely freeze the snow, causing it to become ice. Upon turning into ice, the newly turned ice will retain the same properties that it had before becoming ice. This includes, shape, rank, momentum, location, etc. Due to the small amounts of air in the snow and the increased density of ice, there will be slightly less ice after the snow is transformed.
Note: Can only be used four times per battle.
Note: Courtesy of Inch
That won't be necessary, Tasuke-sensei, they appear to be simple enough techniques.

Nicholas bowed and returned the scroll.