1,337💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
(Neidan: Wu Wei Dao) Internal Alchemy: Way of Effortless Action
Type: Supplementary, Defensive
Range: Self
Chakra Cost: 40 (- 20 per turn)
Damage: N/A
Description: Considered one of the most sought after techniques within the Hayabusa Clan, Wu Wei Dao is its name. This technique takes the aspect of Wujin and Tajin in order to create a perpetual loop of how a Hayabusa is observed by the world around them. Through Tajin, the Hayabusa is infinitely aware of them while with Wujin they are able to actively manipulate how the outside world perceives them. Thus through the use of three hand seals, the user activates this technique. They constantly manipulate their state of existence, being both present and absent at the same time and thus creating state known as “Void Born”. Once a person has entered Void Born, they are able to fully control how the world perceives them and how they perceive themselves. To sum it up, should for example the opponent attempt to inject poison into the Hayabusa, upon being inflicted – the Hayabusa can manipulate their state of existence perceived by the opponent and of themselves where the target perceives them poisoning the Hayabusa but in reality the Hayabusa can choose to be poisoned or not. This creates a sort of “absolute” defense, allowing them to any sort of damage to themselves, remove techniques placed upon them or even status conditions (such as being poisoned). While this provides an immense defensive power, it does come with some downsides as while in this constant state of manipulation, the user is incapable of doing this constantly, only able to affect one technique S rank and below per turn (at the cost of move, though doesn't count as one on the initial turn of activation). While active, this technique constantly drains chakra per turn to sustain, preventing the user from being able to utilize any technique of any rank that requires to be sustained. Activating such technique will cause Wu Wui to automatically end.

Note: This technique is initially learned at Dragon Ninja or Head Ninja Rank. The user would be rendered incapable of using Nedian above B rank the same turn its activated, next turn and the turn this technique ends. This technique can only be use twice per battle, with a cool down between each use reflecting how much turns the user managed to sustain it (i.e sustaining it for three turns makes a three turn cool down) plus one additional turn though can only last a maximum of three turns.

Alright, and finally the final and last CCJ of the basic 8. Now then, this technique is pretty straight forward in what it does. It was based on the whole Schrodinger's Cat theory but of course translated into the RP to work with the Hayabusa. How this works is that you basically create a sort of "paradox" where you're in a constant perpetual loop of existence and non existence. What this allows you to do is chose what can and cannot observe you via Taijin and Wujin being mixed into one. Of course there is limitations to this but in reality you're simply picking and choosing in one instance per turn when something seemingly effects but in reality you can choose to engage it or not. So you can avoid any sort of damage to you, status conditions like being poisoned or remove a technique currently affecting you. Thus creating a "nigh" absolute defense. It cannot be used alongside techniques that are sustained as it would cause Wu Wei to be ended automatically so pick and choose wisely.

Now let's talk, where can you see this technique being used and potentially backfiring on you? Give me an example of this and also when/where you'd use this. I'll also expect some questions from you as well lol.

Venom

Legendary
Kin
2,911💸
Kumi
3,679💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
-Can see it backfiring if Im currently utilizing a mode and I only have this as a means to counter/survive. The mode will end unfortunately. BUT question, could I ignore the status effect and remove them from my own abilities (like ignoring that the mode that ended restricts me to A rank and below)? Or excess MS usage that makes u go blind; can I remove the blindness or rather ignore it? (Example)

-'at the cost of move, though doesn't count as one on the initial turn of activation' so this means we passively activate it? It only counts as a move turn two and onwards?

-If my opponent is reaching in to inject a poison and I use this, can I control it like a genjutsu where the opponent sees his technique being successfully used but in reality i side step and im behind him? Or would he just inject me and I stand there acting like i tanked it?

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
805💸
Kumi
1,337💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
1. That’s a good example, but Ill let tell another time it can backfire. Imagine someone makes a poisonous mist that lingers over time, let’s say…3 turns. You initially avoided it, cool but what about the other turns afterwards? You’d still remain exposed to the mist afterwards, which is why when you do something like that its best you try to remove any sort of lingering effect to avoid getting caught afterwards. And no those types of effects (like restriction of A rank and below) cant be avoided lol. Blindness from MS cannot be but if someone lets say tries to blind you with a technique, then you can use this for them to perceive you being blinded but then of course you choose not to be blinded by the light etc.

2. What it means is that when your sustaining it for the three turns, you need to pay a move slot when you choose to utilize the main ability. However on the initial casting, you can avoid a technique at the same it activates. So its not treated like “activate Wu Wei costs one move but then dodging is another move slot”. No its one whole moveslot being use to dodge and activate at the same time.

3. Lastly, this is the trick part but if you see here “This technique takes the aspect of Wujin and Tajin in order to create a perpetual loop of how a Hayabusa is observed by the world around them. Through Tajin, the Hayabusa is infinitely aware of them while with Wujin they are able to actively manipulate how the outside world perceives them. Thus through the use of three hand seals, the user activates this technique. They constantly manipulate their state of existence, being both present and absent at the same time and thus creating state known as “Void Born”. Once a person has entered Void Born, they are able to fully control how the world perceives them and how they perceive themselves. To sum it up, should for example the opponent attempt to inject poison into the Hayabusa, upon being inflicted – the Hayabusa can manipulate their state of existence perceived by the opponent and of themselves where the target perceives them poisoning the Hayabusa but in reality the Hayabusa can choose to be poisoned or not” You control how your perceived by them, so if they inject you, you can make it seem like it did touch you, but in reality you pick weather or not it affects you, so it would be more towards the latter than the former but it can be either or since lets say you combine another move in the same TF, like Drunken Fist. You can make it seem like you got stabbed or w.e but you actually aren’t but then use like Druken Fist to reposition yourself or attack at the same time etc.