Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,406💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
"A large majority of people that have been pregnant or have given birth identify as women. We can include intersex men and transmen who may get pregnant by saying 'pregnant people' instead of 'expectant mothers."
-BMA guidance

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
"A large majority of people that have been pregnant or have given birth identify as women. We can include intersex men and transmen who may get pregnant by saying 'pregnant people' instead of 'expectant mothers."
-BMA guidance

Everybody's gone mad:(

Somebody identified themself as a person of colour the other day, and I asked "so which person is colourless, do tell?" Discrimination disguised under the garb of being "political correct."

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,406💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Everybody's gone mad:(

Somebody identified themself as a person of colour the other day, and I asked "so which person is colourless, do tell?" Discrimination disguised under the garb of being "political correct."
Maybe, but that doesn't make them colourless. People need to stop creating "definitions" based off of a false premise.
Maybe but it was you who raised the question. It's obvious that the second term is result of the existence of the first description that you decided to challenge as if you didn't know why the other person referred himself as such.

An article in The New York Times used the term "colored population" in 1851. In 1863, the US War Department established the .
You must be registered for see images

The first twelve United States Census counts enumerated '"colored" people, who totalled nine million in 1900. - Wiki

If you do not like the term people of color, you need to get in to a time machine to tell the ones who coined that instead of getting in face of other people.

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Maybe but it was you who raised the question. It's obvious that the second term is result of the existence of the first description that you decided to challenge as if you didn't know why the other person referred himself as such.

An article in The New York Times used the term "colored population" in 1851. In 1863, the US War Department established the .
You must be registered for see images

The first twelve United States Census counts enumerated '"colored" people, who totalled nine million in 1900. - Wiki

If you do not like the term people of color, you need to get in to a time machine to tell the ones who coined that instead of getting in face of other people.
It seems to be an American thing, I'm not American so why would I go back and change it?The problem with the colourless being those with "less pigmentation" is that it implies that that's the natural/primary state and then colour is added to create a new state. All I see is it stemming from political correctness, but in reality being discriminatory itself.

Out of curiosity what would a Chinese(pale) be classified as?

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,406💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It seems to be an American thing, I'm not American so why would I go back and change it?The problem with the colourless being those with "less pigmentation" is that it implies that that's the natural/primary state and then colour is added to create a new state. All I see is it stemming from political correctness, but in reality being discriminatory itself.

Out of curiosity what would a Chinese(pale) be classified as?

Colored is an ethnic descriptor historically used in the United States and the United Kingdom. In the US, the term initially denoted non-" " individuals generally. The meaning was essentially the same in the UK, with "coloured" thus equivalent to " " and is well known in it's colonies in Africa or Asia etc.

Where are you from?

. The English speaking people and country UK coined the term coloured, & someone made up the term colourless as antonym in the same spirit. Nothing more to it.

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Colored is an ethnic descriptor historically used in the United States and the United Kingdom. In the US, the term initially denoted non-" " individuals generally. The meaning was essentially the same in the UK, with "coloured" thus equivalent to " " and is well known in it's colonies in Africa or Asia etc.

Where are you from?

. The English speaking people and country UK coined the term coloured, & someone made up the term colourless as antonym in the same spirit. Nothing more to it.
I'm from the UK and I assure you we don't use coloured. When we say colour it applies to all whether white, pink, brown, yellow, black. It doesn't make the slightest bit of difference to us which is why we would never use colourless as an antonym.

They may have used it in the early days to describe black people, post slavery, but we don't use it.

sasori345

Veteran
Kin
9💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
it's a ultra minority and they want to piss off the whole of France with this garbage.
this is offensive/insulting to the majority of families.

Scratch parent 1 and 2 and write father mother. It's simple like that.

Reactions: salamander uchiha

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
it's a ultra minority and they want to piss off the whole of France with this garbage.
this is offensive/insulting to the majority of families.

Scratch parent 1 and 2 and write father mother. It's simple like that.
It's a disturbing trend, if those offended don't possess within their genes the ability have kids(male with male, female with female etc) then they shouldn't. The nuclear biological household structure or identification process shouldn't be changed just to make them feel wanted.

What's more annoying is the majority won't challenge the government on this change. They should and get it returned to the normal order asap.

Brandy

Kin
150💸
Kumi
336💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
-BMA guidance

This is the stupidest sh*t I've ever seen. Gender dysphoria is a mental sickness and should be treated as such. The same goes for all dysphorias. Being dissatisfied with your gender, race, age, etc, is one thing, but actively trying to change, such as undergoing *** reassignment surgery, is another matter entirely.

However, on a different note, I have nothing against homosexuality nor same *** marriage.

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,406💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm from the UK and I assure you we don't use coloured. When we say colour it applies to all whether white, pink, brown, yellow, black. It doesn't make the slightest bit of difference to us which is why we would never use colourless as an antonym.

They may have used it in the early days to describe black people, post slavery, but we don't use it.
Of course " coloured is archaic and now replaced with " people/person of colour". But you forget that this conversation started when you asked someone "who is colourless then". To which I pointed you to the Urban dictionary.

Then you took offence that someone defined that, to which I pointed that it was result of the phrase "people of colour".
To which you replied it was an American thing. So I pointed to British uses of it. And Britain does use the phrase " people of colour"

"It’s an understatement to say that over the past eight years, people of colour in this country have had it rough. We turn on the news to hear the dog-whistle racism of Boris Johnson, with high-ranking Tories long invoking dehumanising imagery of . Austerity is , while policies have been explicitly designed to create a “hostile environment” for migrants and black and minority ethnic (BAME) people living in Britain. "

- , The Guardian.

Your newspapers don't seem to have gotten that memo you are trying to sell me.

Besides articles like this tell that the phrase is in use in UK.

Right now you are just chasing your own tail, you know. & You walked right in to it.

If you had a point back there, you need to use a different approach.

Brandy

Kin
150💸
Kumi
336💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Of course " coloured is archaic and now replaced with " people/person of colour". But you forget that this conversation started when you pretended that you did not know the term "person of colour" and asked someone "who is colourless then". To which I pointed you to Urban dictionary.

Then you took offence that someone defined that, to which I pointed that it was result of the phrase "people of colour".

To which you replied it was an American thing To which I pointed to British uses of it. And Britain does use the phrase " people of colour"

"It’s an understatement to say that over the past eight years, people of colour in this country have had it rough. We turn on the news to hear the dog-whistle racism of Boris Johnson, with high-ranking Tories long invoking dehumanising imagery of . Austerity is , while policies have been explicitly designed to create a “hostile environment” for migrants and black and minority ethnic (BAME) people living in Britain. "

- , The Guardian.

Your newspapers don't seem to have gotten that memo you are trying to sell me.

Besides articles like this tell that the phrase is in use in UK.

Right now you are just chasing your own tail, you know. & You walked right in to it.

If you had a point back there, you need to use a different approach.
Jesus, we get it, Avani. Calm the f*ck down.