KeotsuEclipse

Elite
Kin
154💸
Kumi
114💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

The swordsman stood upon the tallest hill in the land, surrounded on all sides by vast rolling fields of green, bathed in the gentle star light of a sky that stretched to eternity. The wind blew gently through the “never-ending” plains, rustling the grass with his gentle, cool touch.

“It’s so beautiful here,” came the voice of a woman with soft features and straw colored hair. Besides her and the swordsman no other being lived in these lands. The swordsman had brought her here to show her just these sights, to give her a glimpse into his world.

“This is Az’Irosh, whose name means ‘The Gentle One’ in the tongue of the World-Bearers. Outside you and I, no living creature has ever set foot on his back before. He’s one of the youngest of the World Bearers. He tells me, though, that he predates humanity by several celestial eons. To him, I doubt we appear but in an instant.”

“So the myths about the World-Bearing Turtles…they’re true?” asked the woman, still in awe of what was transpiring around her. In the boundless expanse of the night sky were an uncountable number of stars, clustering together into galaxies and bands in space. Comets pierced the veil of darkness between the stars, leaving their path lit as they passed.

“Indeed. Each galaxy is another World-Bearer of unfathomable size and upon each of their backs swims smaller world bearers. Even ‘Zi-Rosen’, the turtle who bears our world swims in the sea of stars on the back of yet another, older, World-Bearer….perhaps, there is a single, oldest, World-Bearer who ties us all together; who holds the universe within his back. But, then, imagine the sea he swims through…it truly is beyond comprehension.”

The woman had so many questions to ask, but knew not where to begin. She was seeing a sight she doubted very few humans had ever seen before. So, she asked the swordsman the only question she could think of.

“How many do you know?”

“Only a handful. I’ve not yet traveled beyond the expanse of our galaxy. Az’Irosh is the turtle furthest out, but even his case is special amongst the turtles. Our petty wars in our world, in our countries, and people don’t know that there’s so much more out there.”

The swordsman drew his sword, its silvery blade seeming to contain a cosmos all its own as swirls of black and gold seemed to teem beneath the surface. A reflection, or perhaps a universe contained all its own? Who knew, but the swordsman?

He swung his blade and a tear opened in the air before them. “We should head home, don’t you think?” asked the swordsman, his face softly lit by the stars above.