Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
So, the technique we are going to learn, or in this case, you, is Impure World Resurrection or Edo Tensei. Its a technique which allows you to revive dead people.

So, if death is the separation of both body and soul and its the soul that contains oneself, the conscious being, to revive someone you need to be able to call upon that soul and bring it back to life. The soul, however, cannot exist on this plane without a vessel, in this case, a body. You cannot simply call upon a soul as it cannot exist in the tangible physical world. It can, however, manifest itself inside an organic body to roam the physical world.

This said, the technique breaks death by forcefully joining both body and soul. However, there is a limitation to this: the soul is eternal but the body is not. And the body can only function as a vessel for the soul if its alive. The issue is that the body is only alive, while its harboring a soul.

There are also other problems, one of which is how to call upon the soul. The soul departs the physical world and goes into the other world, one which is not accessible to us.

Edo Tensei is then not only complex but incredibly ingenius.

The first step you need to take is to gather a "bait" for the soul. This bait is basically a physical manifestation of the soul in this world. How do you find something like that? Well, in other words, its simply flesh from the soul's original body. This "blood" will serve as the calling card for the soul; its how the soul will be once more drawn to the physical world.

The second step is to find a viable, suitable body. Now, how can this be done? You need a living sacrifice. A dead body would be dead and thus unable to house a soul. So you need a living one. Then its a case of substituting the soul of the sacrifice with that of the person you're reviving in a forceful way. The body doesn't die because its never without a soul; one is swapped with the other.

Once this is done, the final step is accomplished, with ash and dust encasing the sacrifice in a way that mimics perfectly the appearance of the original person revived right before you put inside it a tag that enables full mental control over the sacrifice.

The ritual is very complex and requires you to take the "blood" sample, smearing it on a scroll with these markings and sealing inscriptions *shows them* and slamming your hands on the ground with the blood sample. A complex array of sealing markings will spread around the sacrifice as the soul of the revived person is summoned from the other world. The soul eventually is swapped and the ninja revived. The ash and dust encases the sacrifice and the ritual is done once you put the talisman for obedience inside its head. The revived soul is then stored in a casket which you can summon from the ground when needed in battle. Note, however, that keeping an edo tensei on the field consumes a lot of chakra every turn such is the effort to sustain it.

Now, because the soul and the body are technically both dead, the end result cannot be killed. The soul is dead as its original body already died. And the body is also dead as its not bound to its original soul. Yet they are still in the physical world, alive. This unholy bound between both sides makes an Edo Tensei Revived Ninja impossible to kill. The technique will simply forcefully regenerate any damage done to the revived soul. Not only that but as its dead, there is no limit to how much chakra it can use. It cannot tire as well. Nor can it be poisoned or damaged by organic means like disease.

( Kuchiyose Kinjutsu: Edo Tensei ) - Forbidden Summoning Technique: Impure World Reincarnation
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short
Chakra cost: 40 (-20 per ressurrection per turn)
Damage Points: N/A
Description: The Summoning: Impure World Reincarnation is a forbidden technique used to revive the dead. To perform this technique, the user must first acquire some of the DNA of the person they intend to revive such as limbs, organs or merely blood samples. The soul of the intended revived must also reside in the pure world (jōdo) those whose soul has been consumed by the Death God, or have been previously sealed by other methods cannot be resurrected. Next, a living sacrifice is required for the soul of the resurrected to use as a vessel. Once all prerequisites for the technique have been met, the acquired DNA of the person is smeared on a special scroll and once the scroll is activated, the remains spread out in the form of a special seal with the living sacrifice in the centre. Then dust and ash encase the sacrifice's body, giving them the same appearance that the revived had at the time of their death. The person is then revived and the end product is usually stored in a casket until summoned by the user by performing the Tiger → Snake → Dog → Dragon → Clap hands handseals. When the user summons the revived soul, a casket first appears before revealing the revived soul. The Edo Tensei Summoning can be countered by sealing away the targets soul or by having the summoner cancel the technique. As they are unlikely to do this voluntarily, using a genjutsu to trick them into cancelling the technique is ideal. The sequence of hand seals for cancelling the technique is Rat → Ox → Monkey → Tiger → Dragon → Boar and saying Kai. If the summoner dies before the technique is deactivated, then this method is impossible. If the summoned soul's controlling tag is overcome or disabled by a technique or if the user so wishes it, the summoned soul or the user can both sever the contract through the use of the Snake → Ram → Boar → Dog → Tiger seals. The summoned soul is then left as an immortal revived soul, autonomous and without any link to the summoner.
Note: A bio can only have up to a total of three souls for revival which must abide by a few rules, specific for the technique.
Note: The user of the technique can only have up to 2 KGs or one special biography in the battle field at a given time, including the users own living bio.
Note: The Edo Summons pertain to the bio and not the user, and only one of the bios of the user can use Edo tensei
Note: A member must attain biographies in an offical match approved by 2 roleplay moderators for both the revival and sacrifice and cannot be given a biography willingly.
Note: Tobirama, Orochimaru and Kabuto bios can summon up to 3 revived souls while all other bios can only summon one.
Note: Technique can only be used once per battle.

Questions?
Of course I forget this. :sy:

In short, I can revive someone I already killed by taking a part of his body (DNA) as a bait once his soul floats away. However, to be able to do that I need to have a living vessel that will be able to serve as a new home for the soul. So far everything seems pretty obvious and straight forward. By talisman of obedience you mean the kunai that has a special tag placed on it, similar to the fuuinjutsu technique that contains tailed beasts? I believe Kabuto was shown doing that, and if so, then I understand what you're talking about.

What I'd like to have clarified is, am I able to perform the whole ritual outside of a battle, in a separate thread and if so where? Or do I have to do it within the battle?

Scorps

Supreme
Kin
613💸
Kumi
408💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
For the sacrifice, you simply need any official bio in which you killed an enemy. Then you go to the corpse and grab some of its flesh and store it in a jar/vial, etc which you seal in a scroll preferably.

For the living sacrifice, its different. You need to put him in a situation where he is alive but you'll be able to perform the technique. The edo tensei needs to be performed in the thread&fight where you grab hold of your sacrifice. Genjutsu is very useful, specially doujutsu one. But Ice, Wood and other restricting KG techniques may serve that purpose. As long as you manage to render the target helpless but alive long enough for you to make the ritual in a way that he cannot counter it its all good.

for more details, check my cj thread. I have an Edo Tensei in my Hashirama I think.

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
For the sacrifice, you simply need any official bio in which you killed an enemy. Then you go to the corpse and grab some of its flesh and store it in a jar/vial, etc which you seal in a scroll preferably.

For the living sacrifice, its different. You need to put him in a situation where he is alive but you'll be able to perform the technique. The edo tensei needs to be performed in the thread&fight where you grab hold of your sacrifice. Genjutsu is very useful, specially doujutsu one. But Ice, Wood and other restricting KG techniques may serve that purpose. As long as you manage to render the target helpless but alive long enough for you to make the ritual in a way that he cannot counter it its all good.

for more details, check my cj thread. I have an Edo Tensei in my Hashirama I think.
Alright, I believe every misconception has been cleared now. No further questions.

Scorps

Supreme
Kin
613💸
Kumi
408💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
(Kinjutsu: Shoushagan no Jutsu) - Forbidden Technique: Vanishing Facial Copy Technique
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra Cost: 20
Damage Points:N/A
Description: Shoushagan no Jutsu is a Ninjutsu technique used for spying. A dark technique, the jutsu involves the removal of the face of the person to be impersonated. By wearing their face and clothing, the ninja can impersonate the original without others being aware.

Its simple enough. If you manage to remove the face of a fallen ninja, using this forbidden and atrocious technique, you can wear the other ninjas face as your own. Sensory ninjas that haven't met you yet as well as Doujutsu users will all be fooled by it. Skilled sensors who have met you or doujutsu users who have seen your individual chakra signature will still be able to know who you are. Also, this only changes your face. Not your body.

( Kinjutsu: Edo Fūmetsu ) - Forbidden Technique: Impure World Seal Destruction
Range: Short-Long
Chakra Cost: 40
Description: The user claps their hands, causing a coffin, much like the ones used in Impure World Reincarnation, to erupt from a portal near the opponent. The coffin opens up, and ghostly arms reach out from the coffin and catch the opponent. If they successfully catch the opponent, he will be immobilized and unable to react. The arms drag him into the coffin and take him to the netherworld, a dimension separate from reality and which can only be escaped from via Space/Time techniques.
Note: The arms reach only up to short range of the coffin's position
Note: This technique can only be used twice per battle.

A simple yet immensely useful technique. Its pretty straight forward.

( Kinjutsu: Koutou Kousei ) - Forbidden Technique: Oral Rebirth
Description: This technique allows the user to experience a near total rebirth of their physical form. Should a significant portion of their body be damaged in battle, the user can emerge from their mouth and cast off the skin of their former body. This new body will not bear the brunt of the damage of the previous incarnation; however, the technique is generally not a full recovery.
Note: This technique may be used only twice per battle.

This technique is otherwise called "orochimaru's body replacement technique" and its almost his own unique form of "kawarimi". You basically use your chakra to release a shell of yourself which has all the damage you have taken, allow you to emerge from the shells body completely undamaged. Sasuke showed usage of this technique as well but he didn't emerge from the shells mouth but rather from its belly i think. The shell retains the original look and can easily fool an unexperienced ninja.

Questions?

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
(Kinjutsu: Shoushagan no Jutsu) - Forbidden Technique: Vanishing Facial Copy Technique
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra Cost: 20
Damage Points:N/A
Description: Shoushagan no Jutsu is a Ninjutsu technique used for spying. A dark technique, the jutsu involves the removal of the face of the person to be impersonated. By wearing their face and clothing, the ninja can impersonate the original without others being aware.

Its simple enough. If you manage to remove the face of a fallen ninja, using this forbidden and atrocious technique, you can wear the other ninjas face as your own. Sensory ninjas that haven't met you yet as well as Doujutsu users will all be fooled by it. Skilled sensors who have met you or doujutsu users who have seen your individual chakra signature will still be able to know who you are. Also, this only changes your face. Not your body.

( Kinjutsu: Edo Fūmetsu ) - Forbidden Technique: Impure World Seal Destruction
Range: Short-Long
Description: The user claps their hands, causing a coffin, much like the ones used in Impure World Reincarnation, to erupt from a portal near the opponent. The coffin opens up, and ghostly arms reach out from the coffin and catch the opponent. If they successfully catch the opponent, he will be immobilized and unable to react. The arms drag him into the coffin and take him to the netherworld, a dimension separate from reality and which can only be escaped from via Space/Time techniques.
Note: The arms reach only up to short range of the coffin's position
Note: This technique can only be used twice per battle.

A simple yet immensely useful technique. Its pretty straight forward.

( Kinjutsu: Koutou Kousei ) - Forbidden Technique: Oral Rebirth
Description: This technique allows the user to experience a near total rebirth of their physical form. Should a significant portion of their body be damaged in battle, the user can emerge from their mouth and cast off the skin of their former body. This new body will not bear the brunt of the damage of the previous incarnation; however, the technique is generally not a full recovery.
Note: This technique may be used only twice per battle.

This technique is otherwise called "orochimaru's body replacement technique" and its almost his own unique form of "kawarimi". You basically use your chakra to release a shell of yourself which has all the damage you have taken, allow you to emerge from the shells body completely undamaged. Sasuke showed usage of this technique as well but he didn't emerge from the shells mouth but rather from its belly i think. The shell retains the original look and can easily fool an unexperienced ninja.

Questions?
I think it's kinda hard to "meet or not meet" someone in the current state of the RP *cough* metagame *cough* but I do think it's a good technique. I guess it's best used with a heavy cloak covering your whole body and leaving only your face open to eyes, lol.

I'm pretty sure we already did this one. :p

Ah, yes. I love this one very much. It's perfect for those close situations when you're caught in a large scale attack and after a smokescreen all your opponent hopes for is your death but then is disappointed to see you standing on your feet. Amazing, I have no questions.

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I had the feeling we did that one but somehow I missed it. Well, thats it for Kinjutsu that you can use. Any questions?
Nope, thank you very much for finishing this long awaited training! :) Btw. you should reply to the CJ training. Nothing to teach you there regarding the CFS yet, but I'd like to know if you understand the core of the cfs and to hear your opinion. :)