Ushiro

Legendary
Kin
768💸
Kumi
99💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
The training ground is a large clearing in the middle of a forest. Several wooden training dummies are scattered about.

*causally appears from a fire pillar bursting from the ground*

So, new guy, before we begin your Katon training let's find out what you know. Tell me all you know about fire release. Include its uses, forms, elemental strengths and weaknesses, related Kekkei Genkai, and possible results when mixed with other elements such as Earth.

Naruto.

Immortal
Kin
204💸
Kumi
2,319💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yep.
Anyway, my training method is very different from the common and conventional method you see normally. The method system involves grouping each jutsu into the specific method it falls in, irregardless of rank. There are several methods for Fire Release, which I will explain in detail soon. After each method is covered, I'll ask you to list the jutsus of that method which would test your understanding. Once you do that, I will teach you the jutsus of that method and then move on to the next method.

Before we start with the method system, let's get to the basics. I want you to tell me what is chakra, ninjutsu and handseals, in your own words. You can refer the wikia, but don't copy paste from it or other training sessions of other RP'ers. Also, can you tell me what Fire actually personifies for you? Like, how Wind signifies change, as well as destruction, etc.

Lance..

Legendary
Kin
61💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yep.
Anyway, my training method is very different from the common and conventional method you see normally. The method system involves grouping each jutsu into the specific method it falls in, irregardless of rank. There are several methods for Fire Release, which I will explain in detail soon. After each method is covered, I'll ask you to list the jutsus of that method which would test your understanding. Once you do that, I will teach you the jutsus of that method and then move on to the next method.

Before we start with the method system, let's get to the basics. I want you to tell me what is chakra, ninjutsu and handseals, in your own words. You can refer the wikia, but don't copy paste from it or other training sessions of other RP'ers. Also, can you tell me what Fire actually personifies for you? Like, how Wind signifies change, as well as destruction, etc.
Alright.

In the Narutoverse, there exists a type of lifeform energy which all individuals inhibit and produce. This energy is commonly referred to as Chakra. Chakra exists in the body of the individual, specifically the Chakra Pathway System which allows the individual to channel, and transfer the chakra. The chakra coils is what the chakra pathway system is connected to and that's where the energy is produced. Chakra is made from two other forms of energy, Physical Energy and Spiritual Energy. Physical Energy is exactly what it sounds like, its the energy derived the individuals body and it can increase through training, exercise and stimulants. Spiritual Energy is the energy of the individual's consciousness and can be increased through experience, meditation and studying. Chakra can only become stronger if both of these energies become strong as well. Through the tenketsu which are basically pressure points, the user is capable of bringing out the chakra in the body and utilizing it in the form of jutsu. Shinobi of the Narutoverse, have basically weaponized their own chakra and use it to create deadly or even useful jutsu. These jutsu can come in the form of various elements that exist in nature such as Fire, Water, Earth, Wind and Lighting. Manipulating the elements requires great control and training but the actual element that one can utilize is predetermined by their chakra. Chakra itself is unique to each person, but it can be influenced by the genetics of the person. For example, the Uchiha Clan known to master and specialize in the Fire Element.

Ninjutsu are the techniques of the shinobi, specifically techniques are actions that allow the user to do certain tasks which otherwise couldn't be preformed. Ninjutsu heavily relies on chakra and hand seals to be effective. There are two methods of manipulating chakra, shape manipulation and nature transformation. Shape manipulation is controlling the movement, form and potency of chakra while Nature transformation is changing the physical properties of chakra to match an element.

Now handseals are the handsigns one uses to create ninjutsu, genjutsu or other types of jutsu. Almost every technique requires the use of handseals and usually follows a sequence which allows the user to mould and manipulate chakra in the correct manner to perform a technique. If a shinobi is proficient enough, handseals might not be needed for jutsu as preforming the jutsu becomes second nature to them. The handseals are named after the animals of the Chinese zodiac: Bird, Boar, Dog, Dragon, Ox, Tiger, Snake, Rat, Horse, Monkey, Hare, and Ram. Some handseals are often affiliated with a certain ninjutsu techniques like how Tiger is commonly affiliated with Fire Jutsu.

In my understanding, Fire personifies the cycle of life, a low kindling flame was capable of allowing the earliest of humans to utilize the fire in forms never seen before like cooking, light, and hunting. But a large, hot firestorm is able to destroy the very existence that life lives on, like trees, plants, homes, people. But after every fire comes a rebirth, the ash from the burnt old trees will be able to exist as fertilizer for the young saplings. Just a thought.

And that's basically the gist of what I know.

Naruto.

Immortal
Kin
204💸
Kumi
2,319💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Why do I feel you c/p and changed a few words for the definitions?
You must be registered for see images

Well said about the personification of Fire.

Fire

Fire is a chemical change in the atmosphere, and forms heat, light, smoke and flames, which happens due to the oxidation of a substance. It is a symbol of life, as well it has the capability to destroy in seconds. It can range anything from a small flame to a gigantic hellfire. It gives light and illuminates homes, as well as acts as a fuel for cooking and is a provider of warmth. It can also be used to turn things into instant waste, as fire consumes certain materials by it's entirety and turns them to ash. Without fire, humans would almost cease to exist. However, fire requires oxygen to burn, meaning it is dependent on the atmosphere for it's survival and materialization. For me, fire personifies hope, as I have described above, as well as destruction; the ability of flooding entire forests with hellfire and rampaging everything in it's path. One last thing I want to mention is that, when used in a certain way, fire can heal wounds; cauterization.

Fire in Narutoverse

Fire Release is one of the elemental releases used in the Narutoverse and in the RP that utilizes one Fire nature chakra inside their core. It is a very violent element that breaths and spreads its power and destruction. It, in short; is the usage of superheated chakra to create flames and heat focused attacks. Its commonly created through channeling chakra to the user's lungs and heating it upto extreme levels, and forming Fire natured chakra, and then exhaling the built chakra in various forms. Fire chakra is most commonly used in its fire-based form, but it can also take the shape of superheated ash or flammable gas. Its considered the least versatile element among the basic 5 elements as it excels in offensive capabilities, and lacks very heavily in supplementary usage and is okayish as a defense. It's a fast element although not as fast as Wind or lightning. The main property of fire, is that it possesses a great level of heat, capable of incinerations. As mentioned above, the user, when generating fire superheats their chakra giving them this ability and it's usually generated from the mouth (though can be released from other points of release, i.e. hands, legs and other parts of the body). However, this property of heat can be used in various other ways. For example, one could add fire chakra to their bladed weapons, allowing them to easily cut harder objects like metals with ease, as well cause blunt force damage, along with violent burning power, which can potentially cause 3rd degree burns. One can also use heat to affect their opponent without actually burning them or requiring contact with the fire. The concept of the heat stroke, the amount of heat generated can be used in ways to increase body temperatures beyond safe points and initiate fatigue or illness that hinders your opponent. The heat of the element makes it capable of reducing earthen structures to molten mud, and form molten earth, if used right. Also, waves generated by the heat can be used to alter the density and behavior of the air. On a molecular level, the molecules in fire move at a rapid pace, which allows them to generate the type of heat they do. When speaking on the molecular structure, the rapid pace of this plasma element makes it a great element to work in conjunction with Lightning release. For one both are able to keep up with each other and Fire also covers for Lightning's weakness of Wind. Wind>Lightning for it being a natural insulator however Fire>Wind due to the augmenting properties the wind has to feed fire with the oxygen in the air (though not the case when Wind and Fire oppose each other necessarily). Joining a fire technique right after a lightning technique helps fortify a much stronger technique. Fire Release is naturally stronger to Water Release, and can turn entire bodies of water into steam and scorching mist, within seconds. Last, but not the least, Fire is the most ferocious element due to its sheer raw power and is the hardest to tame, due to it's near uncontrollable nature.

Chakra

"Chakra" is basically life essence or life force which exists in human bodies and animals. Without it, a shinobi can die. It can be considered "blood" and soul for a ninja. It is the molding of physical energies and spiritual energies in the body. Physical energy is the energy given off by the body cells and can be increased with more stamina and practise. Spiritual energy is derived from the consciousness of the mind and can be increased through great concentration and meditation. It is the basis for all almost all the ninja skills like Ninjutsu, Genjutsu, except Taijutsu in some special cases. It flows through the chakra circulatory system, and in it, there are 361 points aka nodes in the body known as tenkutsu. The function of the tenketsu is to regulate and control the flow of chakra. If these weren't present, then chakra would flow through some specific organ, thus there wouldn't be a balance in the chakra flow. Every ninja in the narutoverse possesses a chakra pool. Shinobis with a very high chakra pool like Naruto can perform a lot of higher ranked techniques like Multiple Shadow Clone Technique, etc. without having the fear of getting their chakra depleted at once. Senju Clan members for eg, have very high chakra reserves and a high physical energy aka high "Yang" energy, thus their naturally strong bodies and on the other hand, the Uchiha clan members have a very high spiritual energy, i.e. high "Yin" energy, thus their proficiency in genjutsu and visual prowess. It is possible to have high chakra if you possess very strong willpower. If chakra runs out completely in a shinobi, then he dies as shown when Kakashi died due to his chakra completely running out against Deva Pein. It can be divided into several types like:

Elemental Chakra
Senjutsu chakra
Bijuu Chakra

Ninjutsu means "Ninja Arts" and is something that allows the shinobi to do something that a normal human can't do, like walking on water, manipulating elements, the usage of special as well as bladed weapons, stealth, transformation, etc. The effects of ninjutsu are real. Most of the time, it heavily relies on the usage of handseals as well as chakra. Regular ninjutsu doesn't incorporate the usage of elements for it, like stealth, a basic Rasengan, etc. Elemental Ninjutsu is an advanced form of ninjutsu, which incorporates the usage of basic 5 elements, as well as advanced combinations to create stronger jutsus which have the respective properties of the 5 elements. Elemental ninjutsu is stronger to regular ninjutsu, since regular ninjutsu only uses raw chakra, whereas, elemental ninjutsu uses both Shape Manipulation and Nature Transformation. The perfect Rp example would be that, a Wind natured or a Lightning natured Rasengan would have a greater destructive force than a standard Rasengan, obviously because the elemental Rasengan contains violently rotating chakra as well as the violently rotating chakra is given the property of the respective elements.

Handseals

Handseals are hand gestures, which primarily manipulate chakra and dictate the exact amount of chakra needed for the respective specific technique. Weaving of handseals makes chakra take different "patterns". Some techniques require a large number of handseals, which is related to the complexity of performing that technique and if not weaved properly, in order, or if the user loses focus in between, then the technique is either executed in a weaker state, or it is dispersed midway, depending on the specific technique. A good example is Water Dragon Bullet Technique. It was shown that the technique required a string of 44 handseals to perform, however the Second Hokage, Tobirama could perform it with a single handseal, due to his unparalled Water mastery. It is shown in the manga that with time, a shinobi after mastering the specific technique, requires one-literally no handseals to perform it, an example being Chidori, which required some handseals when Sasuke just learnt it. In our RP, the user can perform any 2 elemental releases of his choice, depending on the elements he has placed as specialties, with one-virtually no handseals/faster handseals. Usually, handseals are performed with both the hands, but Haku, Minato, etc have demonstrated the ability to perform it with only a single hand. The 12 basic handseals are Monkey, Ram, Dog, Horse, Dragon, Boar, Rat, Snake, Ox, Hare, Bird, Tiger.

Naruto.

Immortal
Kin
204💸
Kumi
2,319💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So, these are the methods we'll cover.

Method 1: Basic Projectiles
Method 2: Fire Streams/Constant Fire
Method 3: Alternative Releases
Method 4: Specific Combos

As the name of the first method suggests, do you have a general idea what a "projectile" is?

Naruto.

Immortal
Kin
204💸
Kumi
2,319💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Basically any tool/object/entity that travels towards you in the air and in this case attempts to harm you.
Vague. But you got the general concept.

Projectiles: Projectiles are objects which are propelled into the air. For eg: shurikens, kunais, etc. These are thrown towards the opponent. Now, projectiles move in a certain fixed direction, unless their direction is externally changed by blowing wind, water, etc. Coming to the element, fire projectiles are fire jutsus which are "flung" at the opponent. For eg: Fireballs. Several fireballs are released from the mouth, hand or from the body. Once these projectiles are released, one can't alter their trajectory and it is out of your control now. With projectiles the user gathers all their chakra into one central focus point and releases the chakra all in one burst or divided in several bursts of compact fire chakra with its own set of energy, meaning the chakra is concentrated at one single point and thus the area of damage is short compared to streams, however due to the concentration being large, one single point when hit by a projectile faces massive damage.

What do you think are the advantages/disadvantages of projectiles?

Lance..

Legendary
Kin
61💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Vague. But you got the general concept.
Based off of what you said, projectiles-based techniques are beneficial to users due to their ability of being able to be fired off at once and not have to worry about actually controlling them. This allows the user to be hands free and gives them an opportunity to move around or follow up with another technique with ease. Projectiles can be fired in multiple directions with different heights and widths, giving a good coverage of attack towards the opponent. Some techniques have their chakra split evenly for the amount of projectiles there are, for example, an A rank Fire technique with 4 projectiles. Each projectile would be C rank in strength and chakra but all of them equal up to A rank in chakra and strength because C + C + C + = A Rank. This could be considered a disadvantage since your opponent could take out one fireball and give himself space to dodge. However, if you aim all the fireballs right towards him, it gives you a bigger chance to land a hit. Also those types of techniques cause more damage as well, if it's not at the opponent, the area around them can be affected.

Possible drawbacks to projectiles are they could hinder your vision if you are standing right behind the projectile, which in most cases you are. But not only that projectiles cannot be controlled when thrown, making you have to deal opponents who simply dodge the jutsu via earth or wind based techniques. Also, a major drawback to projectiles is that they all come from you, it isn't like earth where you can change the terrain under your opponent when they least expect it. But in a battle, your opponent is going to have their eyes on you, seeing everything you do, so when projectiles travel towards them it lacks the intent of surprise that other techniques may have. This gives the opponent a bigger sense on what the actual technique looks like and functions, allowing them to counter it accordingly.

Naruto.

Immortal
Kin
204💸
Kumi
2,319💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Excellent.
Projectiles are also combo friendly. Once you fire a projectile, you can move on to the next technique.
Now, since you got the gist of what projectiles are, I want you to check the Fire jutsu list and then list down all Fire jutsus from D-S ranks, which you think are projectiles. Based upon that, I'll modify your list if necessary, and we can start with the techs.

Lance..

Legendary
Kin
61💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
(Katon: Ryu Kaen Bakufuu ) - Fire Release: Dragon Flame Blitz
Type: Offensive
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra cost: 10
Damage points: 20
Description: The user inhales and then exhales, shooting small balls of fire at the opponent.

(Katon: Kaen Shuriken Ranbu ) - Fire Release: Blazing Shuriken Dance
Description: The user will throw several shuriken infused with fire at the enemy and then, through a mental command, ignites them to cause extra damage.

( Katon: Komakai Kaki ) - Fire Release: Small Fire
Type: Offense
Chakra Cost: 10
Damage Points: 20
Description: The user spews a small fireball.

( Katon no Jutsu ) - Fire Release Technique
Range: Short - Mid
Description: The user will release a small but powerful flame of fire at their opponent from either their limbs (through movement) or exhaling it. It can produce fire balls or fire streams or simply aid in taijutsu.

( Katon: Gōkakyū no Jutsu ) - Fire Release: Great Fireball Technique
Chakra Cost: 15
Damage Points: 30
Description: After performing the necessary hand seals Snake → Ram → Monkey → Boar → Horse → Tiger, a ninja inhales air, and utilizing a large amount of fire chakra, spews a large fireball from their mouth after blowing through a ring made by the thumb and index finger of the user, incinerating everything in range. The fireball ignites externally. The fire ball can present itself in 2 forms: it can either be created by a stream of fire and sustained as a gigantic ball of flames in front of the user spanning up to short range or be released as a slightly smaller ball of fire which will travel towards the enemy up to mid range.

( Katon: Ryūka no Jutsu ) - Fire Release: Dragon Fire Technique
Range: Short/Mid
Description: The user will perform four handseals Snake → Dragon → Rabbit → Tiger , and breathe fire along a cord or any other type of long object, which rushes forward in straight line catching the enemy on fire. A line of enemies can be used as the conductor as well. The flames are meant to target, and assault the enemy's upper body just like a projectile weapon.

( Katon: Endan ) – Fire Release: Flame Bullet
Range: Short – Mid
Chakra cost: 15
Damage points: 30
Description: This technique is performed by performing the Snake → Ram → Monkey → Boar → Horse → Tiger hand seals and gathering oil in one's mouth, which is created by their chakra. As the oil is exhaled, its ignited, creating a large bullet of burning oil. One can also shoot multiple smaller bullets which can be shot in a widespread. The advantage of this technique is that due to the oil present in it, it will explode if it comes in contact with water. Not only that but due to the oil, the burning effect is more lasting (spreading across surfaces or enemies where it might hit) as the oil burns for a longer period of time, even without the users chakra.
Note: Must know Toad summoning contract to use.

( Katon: Karyūdan ) - Fire Release: Fire Dragon Bullet
Description: The user exhales a flame breath from their mouth after making the tiger hand seal. This technique can be used in conjunction with Earth Release: Earth Dragon Bullet to ignite the projectiles fired by the latter technique, making it more devastating.

( Katon: Hōsenka no Jutsu ) - Fire Release: Phoenix Sage Fire Technique
Range: Short
Description: The user first performs six hand seals Rat → Tiger → Dog → Ox → Rabbit → Tiger and they create a volley of small fireballs, which are sent flying in an unpredictable manner assaulting the enemy. In addition, the flames are controlled one by one with chakra, so avoiding them all is extremely difficult. Shuriken can also be concealed within the flames, creating an unexpected secondary surprise attack. Like the flames, the shuriken can be controlled with chakra. For the most part, however, this technique is used as a distraction.

( Katon: Rakka Sanran Kasai ) - Fire Release: Falling Fire Scatter
Description: The user whilst in mid air will release from their mouth a series of small fire shots that rain down upon the target.

( Katon: Kitsunebi ) - Fire Release: Fire Whisp
Range: Short - Long
Description: The user creates a small ball of bright fire from their mouth that shoots at the opponent burning on impact.

( Bakuhatsu Enhogan ) – Exploding Flame Shots
Type: Attack
Range: Mid
Chakra Cost: 20
Damage points: 40
Description: The user shoots multiple fire shots from their hands that are able to cause fiery explosions on impact with any object. The shots can't set the opponent on fire, though they can cause damage by exploding on him.

( Katon: Hiendan ) – Fire Release: Soaring Flame Bullet
Type: Offense, Deffence
Description: The user exhales a stronger yet shorter version of the Fire Release: Great Fireball technique.

( Katon: Gōenkyū ) - Fire Release: Great Blaze Ball
Range: Short/Long
Damage Points: 40
Description: The user after performing two hand seals Horse → Tiger exhales a big-sized sphere of fire that carries the enemy away and causes a massive explosion on impact. The fire ball has a given solidity property to it, being able to punch through solid obstacles without exploding.

( Katon: Gōenka ) - Fire Release: Great Flame Flower
Chakra cost: 20
Description: The user jumps in the air and shoots three giant bullets of fire that come down like giant meteors, then erupt into a geyser of flame.

( Katon: Gōryūka no Jutsu ) - Fire Release: Great Dragon Fire Technique
Type: Offense/Supplementary
Description: The user fires several large dragon-shaped fireballs at their opponent after performing one handseal. It is able to alter localized weather conditions to the point of making thunder clouds when shot into the air, enabling the user to perform Kirin.

( Katon: Hōsenka Tsumabeni ) - Fire Release: Phoenix Sage Flower Nail Crimson
Range: short - Mid
Description: The user unleashes a volley of shuriken with one hand, while at the same time exhaling fire-infused chakra onto them in order to increase the weapons' destructive potential by making them capable of inflicting severe burns upon direct contact with either the intended victim or any other object caught within their trajectories. Due to the chakra-based nature of the flames that surround them, the shuriken will continue to burn after impact, regardless of the flammability of the object that they ultimately collide with.

( Kaen Rendan ) - Flame Combo
Description: Sasori shoots a barrage of fireballs from the flamethrowers on the palms of his puppet body.
Note: Can only be used by Sasori

(Katon: Gōka no Jutsu) - Fire Release: Hellfire Technique
Chakra cost: 30
Damage points: 60
Description: The user will manipulate their chakra and breath out from their mouth a large fireball that travels at the opponent. As it reaches the opponent it bursts into a maelstrom of fire engulfing them in flames.

(Katon: Zukokku) - Fire Release: Intelligent Hard Work
Chakra Cost: 30
Damage Points: 60
Description: The user after performing the required hand seals Rat → Dog → Tiger fires a small fireball that erupts into a giant fire-storm after making contact with a surface, causing widespread destruction to the area. Since the flames travel along the ground, and cover such a wide area this is a difficult technique to evade. When combined with Wind Release: Pressure Damage, this technique is amplified to the point of being able to evaporate a large amount of water in an instant.

(Katon: Ryūen Hōka no Jutsu) - Fire Release: Dragon Flame Release Song Technique
Description: After performing the hand seal Tiger the user compresses a large amount of chakra built up inside their body, before instead expelling it in the form of a number of dragon head-shaped fireballs. The user then skilfully manipulates that great fire, and attacks their opponent. The temperature of the created flames is so great that, even with the briefest of contact, they are capable of easily burning human flesh and the fireballs are dense enough to behave almost as solid, being able to deliver impact damage in adition to the fire damage. However, this also means that they can be deflected as a solid projectiles.

(Katon: Gōkakyū Hitoame no Jutsu)Fire Release: Great Fireball Shower
Range: Short-Long
Chakra: 40
Damage: 80
Description:
Kneading his chakra and then converting it to fire, the user will do the Horse → Tiger → Snake → Ram hand seals as he inhales, exhaling into the sky a multitude of great fireballs (up to 8) at the same time which then rain down on the target from above causing severe, widespread damage around the field. These fireballs have explosive and concussive abilities, similar to other fire techniques.

(Katon: Bakuryūgeki) - Fire Release: Exploding Dragon Strike
Chakra cost: 40
Damage points: 80
Description: The user through use of one their scrolls will summon a large flame dragon that is directed towards the enemy target and explodes upon impact.

Hope I got majority of them. ;)

Naruto.

Immortal
Kin
204💸
Kumi
2,319💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Advantages Of Projectiles

Techniques in this category are quick releases, designed to attack in short to long range scenarios against big single targets, with normal movement speed. Just like projectiles, once they leave your hand it frees you up to attack again with more projectiles or even other types of techniques. Techniques in this category allow for you to launch several shots in succession in most cases allowing you to barrage your opponents from several different angles possibly or use them as a distraction or ploy to force them in directions that would be beneficial to you. Large enough projectiles will make it difficult for your opponents to avoid, but not impossible. There can be issues with visibility, allowing you to block your opponent's vision while you plot a sneak attack. However visibility aspect is a double edged sword in most cases. You won't necessarily be able to see them unless you have sensory abilities. These techniques are better used in closer distances to disable both the ability to dodge and counter but also to make full use of the speed of these projectiles. The closer you are, the less time they have to hit the opponent.

Disadvantages

Though quick in release, once projectiles are released you have no control over them. It's generally the same in every case with projectile based weaponry minus attachments like wire that allow you control. However in the case of chakra based projectiles like these, after exhaling exit from the point of release there is no real control over the projectiles. The direction you've launched is where it will go and it could be very easy to avoid them with basic techniques that could move you out of the line of fire, like Earth Release Technique or the popular hurricane fist into the air. There is the problem of the rapid fire projectiles. As said previously, as you're allowed to fire multiple shots from certain techniques, yet they don't all have the power of that particular rank, their collective power combined = the rank of the technique as a whole. What this means is, as you divide the projectiles into several shots, they considerably get weaker allowing for your opponent to exploit the weakness. Some techniques may converge at a single point (usually the target) so that they may not be able to avoid harm by just attacking individual shots, there is still that possibility. Those who try to cover a wider range with more projectiles will leave themselves at a disadvantage. The opponent can protect just their frontal or the area of where they're attacking by using weaker attacks protect against individually weaker fireballs or fire projectiles. Another big disadvantage is this method is that these techniques aren't very prone to combos with other techniques, especially those of other elements. The projectiles are generally so compressed and dense that they explode on contact, preventing them from melting or heating earth that could be used in a combo with them. The sheer concept of a projectile makes it less prone to be comboed with wind or lightning as the projectiles would require insane precision to be comboed with a wind or lightning technique. Projectiles aren't also very usable with water for the same reason as earth as the projectiles would simply "rupture" and not deliver its effect due to the small time in contact with the combo technique. The main disadvantages are that projectiles are fast yes, but less versatile in combat and for the most part, easy to defend
This is the jutsu list for method 1. You got all right, except some, which fall into a special method, because they require a technique to be performed before. Another one requires the Toad contract, so it's pointless to list that, since you can learn that only by a sensei who can teach Toad Ninjutsu. Also, last but not the least, one of them is character specific, i.e. can be only performed by Sasori, so no need to list character specific techniques, unless you have that specific bio.

Description: The user will release a small but powerful flame of fire at their opponent from either their limbs (through movement) or exhaling it. It can produce fire balls or fire streams or simply aid in taijutsu.

( Katon: Komakai Kaki ) - Fire Release: Small Fire
Chakra Cost: 10
Damage Points: 20
Description: The user spews a small fireball.

(Katon: Kaen Shuriken Ranbu ) - Fire Release: Blazing Shuriken Dance
Description: The user will throw several shuriken infused with fire at the enemy and then, through a mental command, ignites them to cause extra damage.

(Katon: Ryu Kaen Bakufuu ) - Fire Release: Dragon Flame Blitz
Description: The user inhales and then exhales, shooting small balls of fire at the opponent.

(Katon: Gōkakyū no Jutsu ) - Fire Release: Great Fireball Technique
Description: After performing the necessary hand seals Snake → Ram → Monkey → Boar → Horse → Tiger, a ninja inhales air, and utilizing a large amount of fire chakra, spews a large fireball from their mouth after blowing through a ring made by the thumb and index finger of the user, incinerating everything in range. The fireball ignites externally. The fire ball can present itself in 2 forms: it can either be created by a stream of fire and sustained as a gigantic ball of flames in front of the user spanning up to short range or be released as a slightly smaller ball of fire which will travel towards the enemy up to mid range.

( Katon: Hōsenka no Jutsu ) - Fire Release: Phoenix Sage Fire Technique
Description: The user first performs six hand seals Rat → Tiger → Dog → Ox → Rabbit → Tiger and they create a volley of small fireballs, which are sent flying in an unpredictable manner assaulting the enemy. In addition, the flames are controlled one by one with chakra, so avoiding them all is extremely difficult. Shuriken can also be concealed within the flames, creating an unexpected secondary surprise attack. Like the flames, the shuriken can be controlled with chakra. For the most part, however, this technique is used as a distraction.

( Katon: Rakka Sanran Kasai ) - Fire Release: Falling Fire Scatter
Description: The user whilst in mid air will release from their mouth a series of small fire shots that rain down upon the target.

( Katon: Kitsunebi ) - Fire Release: Fire Whisp
Description: The user creates a small ball of bright fire from their mouth that shoots at the opponent burning on impact.

( Katon: Gōenkyū ) - Fire Release: Great Blaze Ball
Description: The user after performing two hand seals Horse → Tiger exhales a big-sized sphere of fire that carries the enemy away and causes a massive explosion on impact. The fire ball has a given solidity property to it, being able to punch through solid obstacles without exploding.

( Katon: Gōenka ) - Fire Release: Great Flame Flower
Chakra cost: 20
Description: The user jumps in the air and shoots three giant bullets of fire that come down like giant meteors, then erupt into a geyser of flame.

( Katon: Gōryūka no Jutsu ) - Fire Release: Great Dragon Fire Technique
Type: Offense/Supplementary
Description: The user fires several large dragon-shaped fireballs at their opponent after performing one handseal. It is able to alter localized weather conditions to the point of making thunder clouds when shot into the air, enabling the user to perform Kirin.

( Bakuhatsu Enhogan ) – Exploding Flame Shots
Range: Mid
Description: The user shoots multiple fire shots from their hands that are able to cause fiery explosions on impact with any object. The shots can't set the opponent on fire, though they can cause damage by exploding on him.

( Katon: Hiendan ) – Fire Release: Soaring Flame Bullet
Type: Offense, Deffence
Description: The user exhales a stronger yet shorter version of the Fire Release: Great Fireball technique.

( Katon: Hōsenka Tsumabeni ) - Fire Release: Phoenix Sage Flower Nail Crimson
Range: short - Mid
Description: The user unleashes a volley of shuriken with one hand, while at the same time exhaling fire-infused chakra onto them in order to increase the weapons' destructive potential by making them capable of inflicting severe burns upon direct contact with either the intended victim or any other object caught within their trajectories. Due to the chakra-based nature of the flames that surround them, the shuriken will continue to burn after impact, regardless of the flammability of the object that they ultimately collide with.

(Katon: Zukokku) - Fire Release: Intelligent Hard Work
Chakra Cost: 30
Damage Points: 60
Description: The user after performing the required hand seals Rat → Dog → Tiger fires a small fireball that erupts into a giant fire-storm after making contact with a surface, causing widespread destruction to the area. Since the flames travel along the ground, and cover such a wide area this is a difficult technique to evade. When combined with Wind Release: Pressure Damage, this technique is amplified to the point of being able to evaporate a large amount of water in an instant.

(Katon: Gōka no Jutsu) - Fire Release: Hellfire Technique
Description: The user will manipulate their chakra and breath out from their mouth a large fireball that travels at the opponent. As it reaches the opponent it bursts into a maelstrom of fire engulfing them in flames.

(Katon: Gōkakyū Hitoame no Jutsu)Fire Release: Great Fireball Shower
Range: Short-Long
Chakra: 40
Damage: 80
Description:
Kneading his chakra and then converting it to fire, the user will do the Horse → Tiger → Snake → Ram hand seals as he inhales, exhaling into the sky a multitude of great fireballs (up to 8) at the same time which then rain down on the target from above causing severe, widespread damage around the field. These fireballs have explosive and concussive abilities, similar to other fire techniques.

(Katon: Bakuryūgeki) - Fire Release: Exploding Dragon Strike
Description: The user through use of one their scrolls will summon a large flame dragon that is directed towards the enemy target and explodes upon impact.

(Katon Kuchiyose no Jutsu: Hitora Bakufu) - Fire Release Summoning Technique: Fire Tiger Explosion
Description: The user summons a tiger made of flames from a scroll, directing it towards the target, and attaching itself onto the target and explode causing massive damage on detonation making it similar to a paper bomb.

Naruto.

Immortal
Kin
204💸
Kumi
2,319💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Alright. Now, before we cover the jutsus of method 1, you'll learn how to knead Katon chakra, and by it's extension, the most basic D-Rank Technique; Fire Release Technique. For D-Ranks, you'll only perform the techniques, and once we move on to C-Ranks, you'll only analyze the techniques, which would include drawbacks, advantages, and creative uses of the jutsu, all written in one paragraph.

Okay, so to learn how to knead Katon chakra, you have to completely free your mind of unnecessary thoughts. Close your eyes, and focus upon an image of a bright, glowing flame. Keeping the image in mind, meditate on it's very properties, and slowly gather a small amount of chakra with your body. Focus upon your chakra. Now, imagine "superheating" up your chakra. If done right, you'll form Katon chakra. Tell me how you feel once you do that. The process of converting raw chakra to mimic a nature of a certain element, is called nature manipulation. You're changing the nature of your chakra, in other words. If you form Katon chakra, then you'll learn shape manipulation. Shape manipulation is the process of "shaping" your chakra to take different forms. First of all, channel your newly formed chakra nature to any of your limbs, and then swing your limbs. When you swing, the chakra should be released outside. Once this happens, you will imagine shaping your chakra to take the form of a small fireball, which you'll direct toward the tree in front of us. Similarly, after you do that, you'll gather your Katon chakra in your lungs, and channel it your mouth, and just as you exhale fire, you'll shape it into a small fireball, which, this time, you'll direct it towards me.

Lance..

Legendary
Kin
61💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Lance stands in the open field of training ground 12, his senpai kindly guides him on the process of tapping into his katon chakra. At first, Lance closes his eyes and begins to think about an image, specifically, a bright, glowing flame. He focus on the image, thinking about the heat glimmering off it and the light illuminating the objects around. With the image still in his head, Lance proceeds onto the next step by gathering chakra, and starts to give the chakra the properties that would make it katon. He imagines himself superheating the chakra, allowing the chakra to become hot and fierce like how fire resembles itself in nature.

“Senpai, I feel my chakra becoming hotter and fierce, its almost ready to unleash it power. Time to see if it actually works.”

Lance channels this new charka into his arms, and swings his fists towards the tree that lingered in front of him. From the swing, katon chakra was released outside, Lance quickly manipulates the chakra to have it take shape into a small fireball which travels towards the tree, scorching its trunk.

“Now, exhale a fireball and direct it towards you right?”

Lance taps into his katon chakra, gathering it into his lungs but then channeling it into his mouth. He begins by inhaling air, and then once he exhales, Lance releases his chakra and utilizing shape manipulation, he allows the fire to take form into a small fireball aimed towards his senpai.