Regular
Kin
1,325💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Everyone town reading Ekko embodies everything that annoys me about meta reads
Spare a thought for me. I saw that claim and thought he was done, and then people start town reading him and I'm like "c-can you guys not see how obviously BS this is?!"

Ekkologix was in a tough spot, to be fair, and I don't think crafting fake claims is exactly his wheelhouse, but it still was such obvious horse you-know-what I hoped someone would have picked it apart at the time rather than later.

Reactions: Houtarou

KekW

Kin
130💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ekkologix was in a tough spot, to be fair, and I don't think crafting fake claims is exactly his wheelhouse, but it still was such obvious horse you-know-what I hoped someone would have picked it apart at the time rather than later.
Ridiculous fake claims is NAI for him though, he does it pretty much every game

Toujo

Regular
Kin
1,325💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
In this context though, he had no reason to lie. And even if you say "he would still do that as Town", he should still be lynched for it, because otherwise he's going to get very easy rides through as scum. It's not even about policy lynching, the claim was horrible and should always be the vote there when it comes to it.

Ultraviolet

Regular
Kin
876💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
That's just kinda lazy to write off though. You can lie as town but there's different motives there. Ekko's shit made *no* sense, and his write up was an obvious attempt at solidifying something that did not exist.

SoulKiller

Legendary
Kin
2,433💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I maintain that Soul played a scummy Day 1. His rationale for "testing Ratchet" in regards to Poison was complete and utter nonsense, and his contributions were not much better. I'm probably pushing that lynch every time I see it, perhaps with less vigor but as I explained Day 2, I didn't have much choice but to go for broke early.
Naa, i don't think i played scummy at all. I just think your approach this game was sus tbh. That was an actual pact I was welling to make and push a common scum if you did accept it and would give me an insight of your thoughts as well but you ignored kek.

You were way to fixated in your reads and labeling everyone 100% scum. You did that to me, michelle, and sagebee and guess what? all of us flipped townie lol. So i don't know man, just have to work on how you approach and view stuff in the game. You know I have 'having fun' as priority always. I won't play and act like a robot, otherwise I wouldn't be playing mafia at all.

I always was open to the idea that you could potentially be townie cause i was looking at it from townie perspective and always gave you chances one way or another to see how you behave. If i was playing with the same mentality as you. I would of kept my vote on you and got you lynched instead of rej and probably shot one of the townies cause in my mind they were 100% scum lol.

Either way, I don't think i played bad at all, matter of fact given my situation I was in i played it very well. Moved my vote away from you which allowed rej to get lynched (cause my vote counted as 2) and refrained from killing you and shot a scum instead. So overall it played well ^^

I do think your game in DP2 was way better but unfortunately we saw how that went. Eitherway, ggwp ratchet chan we won at the end of the day ^^

Toujo

Regular
Kin
1,325💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The "1.5 vote" thing was also designed to confirm basically nothing at all, too. Because there's nothing you can do to test it without the host explicitly confirming that the wagons were tied.

KekW

Kin
130💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That's just kinda lazy to write off though. You can lie as town but there's different motives there. Ekko's shit made *no* sense, and his write up was an obvious attempt at solidifying something that did not exist.
Ekko is the type of player who as Town will fake claim Cop and fake claim a guilty invest on another mechanically confirmed Townie.

Houtarou

Veteran
Kin
1,942💸
Kumi
512💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The "1.5 vote" thing was also designed to confirm basically nothing at all, too. Because there's nothing you can do to test it without the host explicitly confirming that the wagons were tied.
the ability was true except whoever quotes that writeup will have their vote count as 1.5 on town

Ultraviolet

Regular
Kin
876💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Ekko is the type of player who as Town will fake claim Cop and fake claim a guilty invest on another mechanically confirmed Townie.
Right, my point is lying for a reaction test is potentially townie. Lying to cover your ass and present as legitimate is scummy. Ekko tried to hard to make people believe their claim, and as town he wouldn't have given a shit whether people believed him or not.

Toujo

Regular
Kin
1,325💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You were way to fixated in your reads and labeling everyone 100% scum. You did that to me, michelle, and sagebee and guess what? all of us flipped townie lol.
I kind of addressed this in Day 2, though. My role was explicitly designed as Mislynch bait. I had a one shot that could screw with the Town as much as it could screw with scum, if not more so, a roleblock in a game full of protective and other preventative measures, and a passive that meant not only could I not be checked by a cop, I couldn't be checked at all by any kind of investigation. So usually, if I were a Miller, I'd claim Miller. But Shiva makes no sense as Miller, and me being investigation immune means other ways to test the Miller claim would fail too. Essentially, the only way I could not be mislynched is by nailing scum Day 1, or play passive and pray no one investigates me. Obviously the latter was unlikely to happen, and I did have rationale to support the former, so I went for it. I was never really sure on Michelle, and after brief interaction with Sage he felt more... (insert word here) than scum, so I dropped that angle fairly quickly. Then you came in with fairly weak defences of the main talking points and well, along with my prior metagaming reasoning which was at least half correct, I knew I had to go for it.

Was it the perfect way to play this role? Probably not. But there really wasn't much chance of me not getting mislynched this game with this role, so I had to play how I thought was best and more or less on the edge. And I stand by the approach, too.

KekW

Kin
130💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I've played dozens of games with Ekko, as townies together, as Mafia vs town him, as SK vs mafia him and together as Mafia.

I've seen his playstyle grow and evolve from every angle.

SoulKiller

Legendary
Kin
2,433💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I kind of addressed this in Day 2, though. My role was explicitly designed as Mislynch bait. I had a one shot that could screw with the Town as much as it could screw with scum, if not more so, a roleblock in a game full of protective and other preventative measures, and a passive that meant not only could I not be checked by a cop, I couldn't be checked at all by any kind of investigation. So usually, if I were a Miller, I'd claim Miller. But Shiva makes no sense as Miller, and me being investigation immune means other ways to test the Miller claim would fail too. Essentially, the only way I could not be mislynched is by nailing scum Day 1, or play passive and pray no one investigates me. Obviously the latter was unlikely to happen, and I did have rationale to support the former, so I went for it. I was never really sure on Michelle, and after brief interaction with Sage he felt more... (insert word here) than scum, so I dropped that angle fairly quickly. Then you came in with fairly weak defences of the main talking points and well, along with my prior metagaming reasoning which was at least half correct, I knew I had to go for it.

Was it the perfect way to play this role? Probably not. But there really wasn't much chance of me not getting mislynched this game with this role, so I had to play how I thought was best and more or less on the edge. And I stand by the approach, too.
Fair enough, so this is your first game were you die as townie and still win huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.