Regular
Kin
385💸
Kumi
416💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Very nice game. :wes:
I was sad to "die" in the first night, especially because i liked my role and I looked forward to play with all of you.
Hope to play with you in the next games :stars:.
Congrats SK, Odd and Alice and Ansa :cheer:
Thank you!

I'll be signing up for Dr.Strange's game. I haven't played in a long time so I'm a bit rusty. :shy:
Post automatically merged:

Alright guys, first of all, thank you very much for playing! I had a lot of fun. Hope you did too.
You must be registered for see images

I'll be dividing this in two posts. One will contain all the information regarding the setup. The other one will contain my overall thoughts of how the game developed.

Last edited:

MadieV

Regular
Kin
385💸
Kumi
416💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Setup Information

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Setup:

This setup is a Cultafia Role Madness. For those who want to know more about the terms, here are the links with the corresponding information.​
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
Overall:
This game started with:​
  • 12 town players​
  • 1 mafia player​
  • 1 independent​
Considering in these types of games, town starts with a very vast majority, these setups usually call for vanilla townie roles in order to keep the balance in check. I’m not very fond of being vanilla myself, so I decided to try my luck with a role madness setup for this.​
Regarding the overall, town had a lot of power in all aspects: investigative, protective, killing and manipulative. I was a little scared of this when I was making the setup so, in order to substitute the vanilla roles for power roles and still keep the balance, I decided to put conditions to certain roles. Some of them had a delay. Some of them were reckless. Some of them were linked. Some of them didn’t influence the game until x or y happened, like the backup.​
Mafia’s abilities were pretty straightforward. The Godfather could recruit up to 2 players. Once the player was recruited, they were stripped of their old roles and received new roles as part of mafia. These conversions happened during the day phases so they couldn’t be roleblocked. Mafia also had the ability to turn someone into a vanilla townie.​
The independent’s abilities didn’t influence the main factions. His goal was to tag 10 players. Tag = target players with his abilities. His tag did not have any effect but with this role my main idea was that the slot would try their utmost to control the lynch, considering if they were in the lynch wagon of the person getting lynched, they “tagged” the lynched player.​
The independent was slightly pro town so mafia, at some point, was going to have 4 members. The 4th one was going to be Olivia Crain who, without realizing it, was slowly deflecting to the mafia faction.​
A lot of players were “town confirmed” (masons, IC) to give a faux sense of security, like the ones we feel at the beginning of horror movies. After the first conversion happened though, all confirmations should’ve been nullified.​
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
Hidden Mechanics:

• Trish Park and Theodora Crain were linked by a lovers passive.​
  • If Joey got converted, Luke would find a “note” telling him that Joey is gone (just like in the series). He would also stop being reckless.​
  • Olivia Crain was slowly deflecting to the mafia faction. This deflection was about to take place on N4. She would've become a mafia goon.​
  • Nell had a hidden ghost passive. Once killed, she becomes the bent neck lady. This passive can’t influence the game, only post. With this my main idea was that, just like in the series, Nell can keep providing her thoughts but can’t do anything else. Even if she’s a ghost, she’s not a bad one.​
  • Tangibility is triggered by mentioning the possible flavors that are in the game. This varied the fading unlynchable ability the GF had.​
  • Luke’s items were drugs. Heroin, LSD, Cocaine, etc..​
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Write-ups:

• Quest Writeups : They exclusively related to the quest. They did not contain information about the main game.
  • Recruit Writeups: They hinted which character the converted person had as part of mafia.
  • Night Resulst Writeups: They hinted that Olivia Crain was slowly being converted to the mafia faction.

Quest:

Once the red door was opened, all night actions would be randomized. 6th Hokage still ended up getting killed so it was his destiny to die that night.

The dinner was a thematic way to relocate the alive players.

Role Assignation:

All roles were randomized. You all had a number in the sign up thread, which was the number available when you signed up. At the same time, all the roles also had a number in my role sheet. A sequence was created to cross match you and the roles. For example, whoever was in the slot number 2, had the role that was in slot number 11 on my sheet.

Here's the sequence generated for this game:

You must be registered to see images

Role Information:

The roles that were in this game can be found on these guides:
Town:

Greetings player, you are Theodora Crain, a Motion Detector Psychologist, and a member of Town.

[Psychologist – Odd Night’s Active]: as the one in charge of keeping the sanity of the townsfolk, on odd nights, you may check a player of your choice to see if they have the ability to kill.

[Motion Detector – Even Night’s Active]: you’re a highly sensible individual. As such, on even nights, you may target a player of your choice to learn if any actions were performed by and/or on the player.

Wincon: you win when all threats to town have been eliminated.

Greetings player, you are Shirley Crain, a 1 Shot Bulletproof, 1 Shot Forensic Investigator and a member of Town.

[1-Shot Forensic Investigator – Conditional Active]: you are fascinated with death to the point where your house has a morgue integrated in it. Because of this reason, once this game, you can choose a dead player and perform an autopsy on them. When you perform this action, you will receive the name of all the players who visited your target.

Important note: you can only use this ability from N3 onward.

[1-Shot Bulletproof – Passive]: you’re the bastion of your family because of your ability to take on, all that is thrown your way. Considering this, once this game, you’ll survive being shot.

Greetings player, you are Abigail, a 1 Shot Lightning Rod Innocent Child and a member of Town.

[1-Shot Lightning Rod – Active]: attacks gravitate towards you. As such, once this game, you can use this ability to redirect all night actions to you.

[Innocent Child – Passive]: at the beginning of the game, you will be revealed as a town member.

Greetings player, you are Nell Crain, a Mason Motivator and a member of Town.

[Motivator – Active]: you are a selfless individual who, every Christmas, asked Santa for gifts for your siblings and never thought of asking anything for yourself. Because of your giving nature, every night, you may choose a target to give them an extra action. They’ll be able to use it from the following cycle onward.

[Mason – Passive]: you share an unbreakable bond with your twin Luke, that extends to both of you having telepathic communication. As such, you and Luke share a private chat this game.

Greetings player, you are Luke Crain, a Mason Addict and a member of Town.

[Addict – Conditional Active]: the traumatic experience you lived in Hill House has made you into an addict. Considering this, on even nights, you will receive an item (an ability) that has to be used the following cycle. Every time you receive it, you’ll be reckless for the night, meaning, you’ll have a 50% chance of dying.

[Mason – Passive]: you share an unbreakable bond with your twin Nell that extends to both of you having telepathic communication. As such, you and Nell share a private chat this game.

Greetings player, you are Olivia Crain, a Jack of Epic Trades and a member of Town.

[Jack of Epic Trades – Active]: as the nurturer of the family and someone with many talents, every night, you can use one of the following abilities:

1-shot bus drive
1-shot doctor
1-shot cop
1-shot roleblocker
1-shot vigilante

Greetings player, you are Leigh Crain, a Cop and a member of Town.

[Cop – Active]: you have an acute sense of right and wrong and are very perceptive of your surroundings. As such, every night, you can choose a player to investigate.

Greetings player, you are Mr. Dudley, a Roleblocker and a member of Town.

[Roleblocker – Active]: you tried to stop Mr. Crain from walking into disaster, insisting every time on what needed to be changed for their family to remain intact. As a token of help to him, every night, you may choose a player to roleblock, causing their action to fail.

Greetings player, you are Mrs. Dudley, a Doctor and a member of Town.

[Doctor – Active]: your main role is to take care of everyone’s wellbeing while they’re in the house. Considering this, every night, you may choose a player to protect from destructive effects.

Greetings player, you are Kevin Harris, a Vigilante and a member of Town.

[Vigilante – Active]: you’re very protective of Shirley and your kids. For this reason, this game, you have been given the ability to kill whoever stands in your way. As such, every night, you may choose a player to kill.

Greetings player, you are Trish Park, a Backup and a member of Town.​

[Backup – Passive]: you want to help Theodora in any form; however, she keeps you at arm’s length. She treats you like her backup. As town’s backup, you will inherit the role of the first player to die.

You must be registered to see images

Greetings player, you are Joey, a Freeloader and a member of Town.

[Freeloader – Active]: as a freeloader, every night, you may target a player to link yourself with them. Every action directed at you will fail. All actions directed at your target will affect you as well.

Mafia

Greetings player, you are Poppy Hill, a Fading Unlynchable Recruiter Iron Detection Immune Eraser and a member of Mafia.

[Recruiter – Active]: every person who goes in your house, stays in your house. Every day phase, you can target a player to recruit and make them a ghost (part of mafia). Upon being recruited, their roles will change to the following:

William Hill [Roleblocker, Noble]
Toasting Ghost [Bus Driver, 2-Shots Role Cop]

The role sheet of each ghost will be posted in the mafia chat when the recruitment is successful.

[1-Shot Eraser – Active]: your sneakiness knows no bounds. Once this game, you can target a player to erase their ability and make them vanilla.

[Fading Unlynchable – Passive]: you’re the queen of resilience, as such, you cannot be lynched until you’ve recruited at least one member.

[Iron – Passive]: no one can take you down. Because of this, you’re immune to destructive abilities.

[Undetected – Passive]: because of your charm and wit, not many can see behind the mask. Considering this, you appear as innocent upon investigations.

Fake Claim: you’re Hugh Crain, a member of town.

Wincon: you win when all threats to mafia have been eliminated.

Greetings player, you are William Hill (Floating man), a Noble Roleblocker and a member of Mafia.

[Roleblocker – Active]: you heed Poppy’s command and your mission, as per her instructions, is to stop every player she doesn’t want leaving the house. Considering this, every night, you can target a player to roleblock, causing their action to fail.

[Noble – Passive]: as the figurehead of Hill House, your vote counts for two.

Fake Claim: you’re Aunt Janet, a member of town.

Greetings player, you are The Toasting Ghost, a 2 Shots Role Cop Bus Driver and a member of Mafia.

[Bus Driver – Active]: as someone who confused, not only Shirley, but also the viewers, during the night phase, you can choose two players to switch their positions. The actions directed at one of them will instead affect the other and vice versa.

[2 Shots Role Cop – Active]: during the night, you can target a player in order to get their role sheet.

**Note: you can only use one of your actives per night.

Independent

Greetings player, you are Craig Welzbacher, an Independent Iron Necromancer Tagger.

[Tagger – Active]: every night phase, you can choose a player to tag. Every three tags, you gain a night kill.

**Note: if you vote the person who is lynched during a particular day phase, you’d have tagged the player. You also tag the player in who you use your kill.

[Necromancer – Active]: every day phase, you can target a dead player and make them your ghoul. Your ghouls can vote whoever you choose. They only last for one day phase and right after, they decompose, which means, every dead player can only be targeted once.

With this ability, you tag the player you perform this action on.

[Iron – Passive]: you’re immune to destructive abilities.

Fake Claim: you’re Steven Crain, a member of town.

Wincon: you win when you’ve tagged 10 players in the game.

Sorry guyz, I wanted to pick better pictures for the roles but the game started sooner than anticipated because of the canceled one so I had to go with whatever was available on google, which wasn't much for some reason.

Last edited:

Mr.Lonely

The friendly loner
Regular
Kin
726💸
Kumi
2,417💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Wow, I was really playing with fire at the end there. Randomised actions, Olivia joining Maf, Mr Lonely was bulletproof. So many close calls

I should tell you guys that sometimes I just have the most amazing luck in Mafia.
It's possible I could have won as well but I had a thing come up XD but this was the most fun game I've played and I hope you forgive me for killing so many townies. I really had to play in between classes at school so it was actually really hard. Anyway thanks for the game! @MadieV

MadieV

Regular
Kin
385💸
Kumi
416💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Wow, I was really playing with fire at the end there. Randomised actions, Olivia joining Maf, Mr Lonely was bulletproof. So many close calls

I should tell you guys that sometimes I just have the most amazing luck in Mafia.
You're the MVP of this game. You put a lot of work and dedication into it and I honestly appreciate it. Good Job!! You led your team to victory! :sigar:

Props to Soulkiller as well. He was flawlessly controlling the day phases.
I also like Poison's playstyle. She uses a lot of deductive thinking and puts a lot of thought into the game. I like it! :th-007:

Dupa and 6thHokage were always on the right track about who was scum. They discussed it a lot in the mason chat and were most of the times right. Sadly they didn't pursue their hunches strongly enough.

Last edited:

Odd

Regular
Kin
578💸
Kumi
192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You're the MVP of this game. You put a lot of work and dedication into it and I honestly appreciate it. Good Job!! You led your team to victory! :sigar:

I also like Poison's playstyle. She uses a lot of deductive thinking and puts a lot of thought into the game. I like it! :th-007:

Dupa and 6thHokage were always on the right track about who was scum. They discussed it a lot in the mason chat and were most of the times right. Sadly they didn't pursue their hunches strongly enough.

Does anybody want to join the Mafia chat?

Reactions: MadieV and Michelle

Ansatsuken

Supreme
Kin
4,798💸
Kumi
649💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

What about me and Dragomir play style?

Reactions: MadieV and Odd

Odd

Regular
Kin
578💸
Kumi
192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You were solid throughout the whole game, it's just unfortunate that you thought I was Town when I said you should be protected. Yeah you made some mistakes made but everybody does that, I made at least 15 errors myself in this game.

I wanted to lynch Drago since I found out he wasn't in my faction. I had to show him some of the new tricks I had up my sleeve. @Dragomir will probs be showing me some new stuff next game we are in

Ansatsuken

Supreme
Kin
4,798💸
Kumi
649💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
You were solid throughout the whole game, it's just unfortunate that you thought I was Town when I said you should be protected. Yeah you made some mistakes made but everybody does that, I made at least 15 errors myself in this game.

I wanted to lynch Drago since I found out he wasn't in my faction. I had to show him some of the new tricks I had up my sleeve. @Dragomir will probs be showing me some new stuff next game we are in
I've learned alot after playing two games back to back. I stopped playing mafia about 2 years before I came here, so my playing style and game memory have become rusty.

MadieV

Regular
Kin
385💸
Kumi
416💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ohh, I'm sorry Ansa, I misunderstood your question.

You were one of the most active players and that was a delight to see from a host's standpoint.I like how you always pushed your suspicions. Every single one of your posts involved trying to solve the game so it was notable that you put a lot of effort into it. I think you relied a little too much on Odd and SK's directive though. :sweat:

SoulKiller

Legendary
Kin
2,433💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Congrats to my man Odd here for converting the right players and winning the game. Man, threw me off there with his play and vote on Gister at the beginning, should have pressed ya.

And I played bad, lol. Haven't been this off ever since my first 5 games.
It happens even the best can have bad games from time to time. However, I did like your aggressiveness and did notice that you were townie on the way you approached me even tho it was not the most ideal play. Also, you were unfortunate as well since the one person you decided to go super aggressive on was none other than me. If this is your playstyle then i just wanna say I like it and there is alot room for improvement there. We need more aggressive people. No insulting or bad mouthing tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.