Kin
1,430💸
Kumi
4,464💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Coming from : Here

Lena had Songbird land, with the close proximity to a village she didn't want to spook the locals by flying a massive bird creature over the settlements. She waited for Smith to dismount before continuing to walk, Songbird took to the skies until he was needed again.

"So, how about we split up when we get in there?"

Lena had a couple of ideas of how to begin their investigation. Though she wanted to give Smith the option to choose which he was more comfortable with doing.

"One of us could go to the taverns and pubs and see what people have to say and the other can seek out figures of important, maybe follow them if they're interesting?"

@Howard
This is the beginning of my mission using these storyboard elements:

Gather information about your enemies ( 2 )

Summary: The objective will be to find helpful information that could aid Lena.
I'll get the bars. It's my favored terrain. If you find anyone interesting who you can't get to talk just bring them back to me. You might think hurting them is the best way to get information. Me, I have other ways, that work even better. You've seen them when we dealt with Angela. I'll be at the closest pub soaking up information.

Smith explained that Lena could handle searching out the people she wanted to interrogate or track. He would travel to a tavern and see what he could learn. He also told her to bring anyone she couldn't make talk to him, he had a way of dealing with those people. Before he was even done speaking he was basically gone weaving in and out of the crowds searching for a run-down, shitty pub. Those were the places where information, and gossip spread, he and his creator learned that early and exploited it.
He could hear whispers already about him specifically, even being a prosperous village built on an oasis this place didn't get a lot of visitors apparently. The clone entered into a ramshackle pub as he made his way to the center of the room. He didn't seem interested in talking to the people at first as he took a drink from one of the passing barmaids and downed the entire thing in one long-drawn-out series of gulps.
He did this two or three more times, making a show out of it before the music began to play from his person. It radiated outward lightly as Smith began to sing in a slurred speech as if the alcohol had hit him hard. His posture was staggering and drunken as if he had been three-sheets to the wind before even entering the pub. People grew louder as they tried to talk over him continuing the various conversations. That actually was the effect he was looking for as it made it easier to hear.

You must be registered for see medias

( Sandāu~ēbu ) - Thunderwave
Type: Tool
Range: Short - Long
Chakra: N/A ( - 5 per turn when used )
Damage: N/A
Description: Thunderwave is a basic chest plate outfitted with a surround sound speaker system, and a microphone. It can be used to play music or make noises more audible than normal similar to a karaoke machine. It is able to produce sound louder than most techniques or the clashing of techniques and can be much louder than the user or opponent can scream. In essence it can act like the (Utsusemi no Jutsu) - Empty Cicada Shell Technique passively at all times being louder and stronger than even that basic technique. It comes pre-loaded with all of the wielder's favorite songs. In battle it can be used to play theme music or it can make the user louder as it has a built in microphone system connected to the speaker system.
The primary use of Thunderwave as mentioned above is the ability to play music with the offshoot of this being the ability to cancel sound waves with sound waves while playing music. This is similar to the Scientific Ninja Tool: Shijima and works like a noise-cancellation speaker. The system can emit a sound wave with the same amplitude but with inverted phase also known as antiphase to the original sound. The waves combine to form a new wave, in a process called interference, and effectively cancel each other out. This effect is called destructive interference and is able to nullify sound techniques in equal rank. The sound can encompass a short - long range area around the user being louder the closer to the user the people who can hear it are and due to this it has a dampening system as to not harm the users ears or cause them any undue problems. It can be fine tuned to look different depending on the wielder's appearance or preference.
Note: Sound techniques can only be canceled once per turn three times per battle.
It's nine oo'clock on a Ssshaturday! The regular croowd sshuffles in. There'shh an old man sitting next to me. Makin' love to his tonic and gin. He sayshhh, "Son, can you play me a memory I'm not really sure how it goes but it's sad and it's sweet and I knew it complete. When I wore a younger man's clothes!" Sing us a song, you're the piano man. Sssshing us a ssssshong tonight! Well, we're all in the mood for a melody and you've got us feelin' alright!

The first few groups of people who were talking became louder, Smith picked up on their words as he continued his slurring and shuffling his movements appeared erratic, but oddly enough he didn't hit into anyone or cause too much destruction. He heard the group as they went back and forth, talking about a water shortage.
They said that beer and alcohol were how they remained hydrated sharing a few drunken laughs at the joke. From what he gathered from their conversation the water was being heavily rationed and used by a powerful family who was using it for their army. This meant, that the common people even while they lived on top of an oasis were thirsty creatures.
At that time, as they were talking a brazen man with an obvious crest on his flowing robes slammed his hand upon the table looking the patrons in the eye. He was forceful in his tone, but there was an odd kindness as if he wasn't telling them because he was threatening them but because he was watching out for them. Like he felt. if it was someone else that heard them they'd be in trouble.

You wanna say that again? Huh? There are ears everywhere talk like that'll get you in trouble.

He was obviously extremely angry with what they had been talking about.

N-...no. I didn't know their security was here. I'm sorry.

The man, who Smith now understood to be hired by the Bliss family as some sort of security laughed at the man.

Damn right, you're all the same. Dog's that threaten to bite, until you realize which hand feeds you.

The guard, or whatever he was stumbled back to his chair slumping down he himself had obviously had a few drinks.

Oh, and someone shut that fucking tourist up before I get the rest of my squadron in here.

It's fucking Wednesday, that bastard thinks it's Saturday.

The clone smiled slightly as he now had more information but he additionally had a target to follow up on. Smith's tone cleared up completely as he went from a drunken fool to an unusually good singer. His tones bellowed out piercing through the bar and even going out into the streets around. He walked gradually toward the table the guard had sat at.
It was subtle but he motioned slowly that way until he was right up next to the man's table. He extended his hand toward him as he kept singing. He was obviously being antagonistic but in a playful way trying to get closer to his target. He assumed that if he could ply this guard with drink, and maybe slip him a poison he could get more information.
He kept making motions with his hands playing half as drunk as he had been before. Albeit, as he reached the end of his song he sat down opposite the man and began to talk like they were old friends. It was a strange ploy but he figured the more he acted like a fool the more people would be open to telling him things that had a bit of importance. If that didn't work he could always use his charisma.

Now John at the bar is a friend of mine.

He gets me my drinks for free and he's quick with a joke or to light up your smoke, but there's someplace that he'd rather be!

The guard was prompt to tell him he wasn't buying him any more drinks and that if he didn't back off he'd have him taken to the drunk tank. Smith, nevertheless, was quick to buy a round of drinks for the entire bar. Now sitting opposite the guard, Smith kept speaking in a half-slurred voice with ignorance in his tone that yelled that he had never been to the Great Wind Desert.
His tone was joking, and the guard was off-put by that accepting the drink and at least giving Smith a few moments to ask dumb questions. To anyone in the bar, he sounded like a stupid tourist who didn't understand who he was talking to. The opposite was true, despite the fact, Smith recognized exactly who he was talking to and he was gently gathering information from everyone here.

So, tell me, as my new hydro-homie, where can I find a nice cold glass of water? I've been drinking since sun up, sweating my bullocks off all day and I'm parched. Alcohol helps, but it doesn't get rid of the thirst. I heard the water was being rationed by some powerful family. Man, I just need some water, otherwise, I'm going to have one hell of a hangover tomorrow! Do you know what I mean?

The clone was lying, he nor Sado had ever had a hangover. Their constitution was way too high for that, and they had even gone through a rigorous series of training sessions with poison that left them totally immune to most poisonous substances. Alcohol had little to no effect on them, but, that line of questions must have angered the man as the guard slammed his hand down upon the table.

Now, it's like I told that group already. The Bliss family is rationing the water for YOUR safety. If that means you have to have a terrible hangover, that's on you. You look like a tourist so I'll give you a warning, don't be parading around letting the that family's name slip out of your mouth. I don't care what you have to say about them, you keep your mouth shut because those that cross that family, they're usually not seen again. Get the message?

The clone nodded his head drunkenly as if he was getting the message. His tone was shaky.

Alright, I understand, boss. Don't talk about the Bliss family. Shit, I said their name. Man, I'm sorry. It's the booze-... I just don't have a filter when I'm on the stuff. Anyway, while we're talking about it, I'm new around here. I don't know anything about anything. Could you tell me like where not to go? I need to find a place to sleep this off, but now you have me afraid to walk down the street, I don't want to offend any of the guards or the Bliss family... **** I mean them. I just want to be safe.

The guard sighed heavily thinking that he was dealing with a dense, drunk, idiot.

Look, just avoid anyone with this crest.

He pointed to the crest on his chest.

Also, don't snoop in places you're not wanted. There's an obsidian building, it's the only one of it's kind. That's where they reside. Avoid it, don't look at it, if you see it walk in the other direction. Same with the tunnels and wells they own them all. Don't let another guard catch you dazing around those places. Otherwise, you might not leave the Wind Desert. If you get my drift.

Smith replied in a dumb tone, as his eyes drifted away and his tone shifted becoming slower and more lethargic.

I don't. Like, what do you mean?

The guard laughed at the drunkard.

It means they'll kill you, I'm not into that type of thing. I'm not a violent person, so I try to keep people from doing stupid things, the kind of things that can get them hurt. Like that group earlier if another guard had overheard them talking about the Bliss family in the way they were so flippantly with disrespect. Well, they'd have been arrested on the spot. We're supposed to pick up anyone who seems like they could be a traitor to the family. I probably shouldn't be telling you any of this but you're so plastered I bet you won't remember thi-...

Smith's head slammed against the table as his eyes closed.

Wait-... what were we talking about?

He said after a few seconds of pause his tone still slurred.

You were about to get me another drink.

The guard said as if he were getting one over on the drunkard in front of him.

Oh shit, that's right. I was.

Another drink for my friend, John! Hic-...

Smith waved his right hand as he called over a barmaid.

Who are the Bliss family? This is my first time in the Wind Desert.

The guard's defenses were gradually lowering, both because of the alcohol and because he thought this drunk wouldn't remember anything. However, Smith was actually gathering information from him as the guard grew more and more open. He even appeared more open to using the Bliss name as they talked back and forth.
He was growing sympathetic toward Smith, and that was what Smith wanted. He finally decided to open up and just tell the drunkard what he knew. The guard spoke in a hushed tone as if he didn't want anyone else hearing him. He sounded like he was just a nice guy.

Well, they're a sort of c-... criminal organization. They started out as an influential family, a rich well-to-do bunch, but when the last leader in this area fled after a devastating attack. Kazuto or Kazumi or Kazuma, I think her name was. They pounced on the power vacuum left behind becoming more than just a rich family. They bought up all the water sources, the tunnels, and the wells. If you control the water around these parts, you control the world. I was just a poor kid before all this, man, they promised me safety and security for my ma, and pa. They're way too old and weak to work anymore, and without money, or water, they'll die out here-... have you ever seen a person die of dehydration. They shrivel up and waste away into nothing, they can't even sweat anymore so they get hotter, and hotter until they just faint and never wake up again. I mean so what if I have to do some bad things, I just want to repay my parents for everything they've done for me. So that's how I became one of their guards. If I work for them, they give me the water my family needs to live, and I can give back to the parents who gave away everything to keep me alive in this-...

It was weird, the guard must not have been able to hold his alcohol, because Smith had only bought him like four more before he was almost in tears. The guard was now much drunker than Smith pretended to be, and he was spilling his guts, telling Smith about the structure of the Bliss family, and his own. He explained that he came from a poor family and the Bliss family took advantage of that. This didn't just happen with him, it was something that happened with all of the small families in this area.
The men worked for the Bliss family to provide their wives, their children and their parents with the water needed to survive. It might not sound like a lot, to someone who didn't understand how the water around these part worked but it made perfect sense to Smith who saw exactly what they were doing. It the Bliss family controlled the oasis in an area where there were no other sources of water then they owned the land itself. People needed water to live, without it, they died, Additionally, a dehydrated and weak population was easier to control and manipulate than one that could revolt. It was diabolical, but tactically, well it worked.
Smith placed a stack of money on the table, to pay for the drinks and for the man to take the remainder. The guard seemed to slump over wasted and exhausted as Smith patted his new friend on the back stealthily placing a seal on the middle of his back. It was set to gather more information from the man as he went about his life.
Smith thought that he had probably been working with all of that information resting on his shoulders for a long time. With the way, the boy broke down after losing himself to the drink, made it feel like he didn't want to be doing what he was. Like he was being forced into it and that bothered the clone. Smith made his way out of the bar to see if he could find Lena. He had information to share and wanted to know what she found out so far he kept an eye out for any other guards.

( Fuinjutsu: Sairentoarāmu ) - Sealing Arts: Silent Alarm
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short
Chakra: 30 ( +3 to the caster when broken )
Damage: N/A ( 60 if an element is sealed away )
Description: A seal that does exactly what the name suggests creating a silent alarm when triggered. The user is able to place a seal upon a surface such as a weapon, a door, a window, a tree, or a circular area within range on the ground that has a five meter radius. This seal has an intuitive link to the creator through their chakra signature and their chakra supply itself similar to a shadow clone, and when broken has similar effects to the dispersal of a shadow clone as explained further in the technique. Until the seal is broken an alarm alerts the caster whenever a creature touches or enters the warded area. This is similar to techniques like (Kyōkai Kekkai no Jutsu) - Boundary Barrier Technique but doesn't require the user remain inside the area of the barrier or seal to know when it detects something. This is a mental alarm alerting the creator when the seal is broken. When the seal breaks it will merely return ten percent of the chakra used to create the seal to the user along with all of the information of what has happened in the warded area including things that have entered the area or techniques that have been used. The seal breaks when the alarm is triggered to facilitate this action, and can even be accompanied by a barrage of sealed weapons or a substance such as ink, water, fire, or poison to combat the intruder. If done in this way the user must seal the substance with ( Han'you Fūin ) - Generic Sealing Technique beforehand, they can then create another link connecting the Kanji of that seal with the new Silent Alarm seal. What this means is when the alarm seal is triggered the released chakra will instantly activate the other seal as they become intertwined in a sort of "push" and "pull" relationship. Contrary to this if someone breaks the ( Han'you Fūin ) - Generic Sealing Technique seal to try and "disarm" the trap, the alarm seal is instantly triggered as well alerting the creator. The seal breaks when foreign chakra, natural energy from a person, or a touch should the alarm try to be nullified. This action is passive and is the seal itself activating the trap meaning if the person who created the seal is nearby they could attack in tandem to it. The aim of this is to give the seal creator time to react to the intruder or even produce an offensive should they have the time. Upon breaking the connected seal will release what was sealed inside of it in a large mass roughly the size of the Water Prison Technique in a forward torrent releasing an A ranks worth of the substance (follows S/W) upon the person who broke the seal.
Note: When initially using ( Han'you Fūin ) - Generic Sealing Technique to seal a substance a move is used, but the seal activates it passively afterward
Note: The user can place and have three alarm seals active but only two can be trap based
Note: The opponent will always have time to react to the sealed element/substance

Smith's chakra:
Senjutsu chakra:
536 - 65 ( Everything including travel ) = 471
471 - 30 ( Seal ) = 441
@Never

Last edited:

Sinthorus

Elite
Kin
3,644💸
Kumi
23,771💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
[Coming from Here]

Mission rank: A

- Overcome the Bijuu's weakness

Sin had been training for days, slowly travelling through the lands of wind, not staying in one place for too long, though this wasn't easy. First of all he had the beast within that was constantly berating him, leaving him constantly on edge and fearing to sleep. On the other hand, he was running short of supplies, so it was time he made his way to a settlement to replenish. He found his way to a well known village, known for it's wealth, though not in gold, but fresh water, something that was rare in these parts. He covered himself with his cloak and made his way through town seeing what he could afford. He managed to replenish his water and get some dry bread, it may not be the best of meals but it was better than starving to death. He made his way through the stalls, but he couldn't help but notice the same people everywhere he went.

This settlement wasn't a large village, though to see the same 5 faces at every place he went left him feeling on edge. He decided to test his theory. He made his way into one of the nearby buildings, a small bar and headed to the bathroom. When inside, he jumped out the window at the back and made his way down the alley to the far east of the settlement. Surely enough as he turned, those same faces could be seen looking through the crowd. He walked quicker now heading out into the unforgiving sands of the desert. He had what he needed, he didn't need to stick around, though it wouldn't be that easy.

As he moved forwards his sand shot up around him in an orb forming a defensive barrier as he heard explosions outside around the orb. After a few seconds the sand lowered and he was surrounded by smoke as he turned to see the same 5 men from before. If it wasn't for his natural defence, he'd be a goner. He turned to face the three drawing his sword to show he wasn't afraid to fight, but the reality of it was, he didn't particularly want to face them. He didn't need to know why they were here, it was obvious.

"We've been looking for you for a while... monster... really think you could hide forever?" laughed one of them.

Well he knew it would catch up to him soon. The night his brother died, the beast within him had ended the lives of countless others. They hadn't spoken about the events of that night, he couldn't face the memory of losing his brother, though he knew he'd be hunted because of the beast within him. Well here he was.

"I'm not hiding, that wasn't my fault... I'm trying to avoid it happening again... just let me go..." Sin pleaded.

"Nice try kid... we can make sure it doesn't happen again... by removing your head." The same man laughed once more.

It really was a waste of time. They weren't going to listen, but it was time he took action first. Making a rising gesture with both his hands he caused masses of sand to rise up and wrap around each of his foes, layers upon layers. Two were easily bound, yet one launched himself into the air as two others pushed the sand away with wind release as they approached him launching weapons at him. His sand protected him before he could even react, though he was on the backfoot. He tried to gather chakra from the beast within but he couldn't focus with 3 people trying to take his head at the same time.

He was lucky that his sand would automatically defend him as the onslaught came. Through a series of gestures he manipulated the desert sand with ease, washing waves over his goes, binding them, slicing at them and crushing their limbs until they couldn't move from the sheer weight of the sand and the wounds inflicted, until only one stood now.

"Just take your friends and leave, I'm not here to kill anyone, I just wanna live alone...." Sin meant what he said, this could be the end of it.

A response didn't come but the heavens opened, a portal in the sky formed as a mass of water fell soaking Sin and the area around him as the last man standing grinned.

"Really, a bath? Can't we just be done with this?" Sin was mildly irritated by this but he didn't get what the guy was doing.

The last man drew more weapons throwing them at Sin. A pointless effort again. It wouldn't work. That's what he thought until he felt the searing pain in his right shoulder and left hip as he felt the warmth of his own blood begging to poor. He looked down at the wounds in shock. What was going on? Why didn't his sand protect him. He fell to one knee in agony as the wounds seared with pain. He looked around him now seeing the sand dropping down, but slowly. It began coming together. His sand was too heavy to move or react in time. He heard laughing as he looked up to the man who had thrown the weapons.

"Something wrong beast? That stupid sand not working for you? How tragic. Oh well, time to put an end to your pathetic life!"
He sounded too happy for a man who was about to commit murder.

The man performed a series of hand seals releasing a blast of wind towards Sin. He was fucked. He knew his sand wouldn't protected him and he was too injured to outrun the attack. As if this was going to be the end of him.

"Are you actually giving up you little bitch, we had a deal!" The familiar voice echoed in his head.

"Really? Right now? You're gonna insult me when you know if I die... you die?" Sin spoke back in his mind as the wind began to spiral into a tornado moving towards him.

"If you weren't so stupid, we wouldn't be dying... but you do you dumbass." The Shukaku jested.

"What the hell are you talking about, I can't move, my sand is too heavy too..." He tried to explain but was rudely interrupted.

"Oh for fucks sake, just squeeze the moisture out dumbass!"
Screamed the Shikaku in his mind.

It shocked him but he didn't have time to hesitate. Using control over sand, he compressed the sand around him as he lifted it, causing it to compact and squeeze the moisture out of it in the process as the water dripped to the ground. The sand he rose he used to cover his body in a layer just as the tornado hit his location kicking up a large torrent in the process. After a while the winds died down as the sands and dust began to settle. The last man standing looked on for the body of the fallen Jinchuuriki, standing with a grin on his face. He'd ended his shield and caught him in the trap as intended.

The end he got wasn't the one he wished for. From the dust something shot out before he could react. He looked down to see the blood pouring from several places on his body before collapsing in a heap on the floor. As the dust cleared there was Sin with gaps in his sand armour. He'd protected himself with the compacted sand that protected him from the wind and used it after to strike the man while his guard was down. He compacted sand onto his wounds and turned to leave, he couldn't afford to stay here and so moved into the desert to make sure he wasn't followed.

Mission end.
LLM

Last edited:

Never

Supreme
Kin
2,719💸
Kumi
44,736💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This post marks the beginning of my mission using these storyboard elements:
- Infiltrate an enemy's organization (4)
- Steal a large or valuable asset (4)
- Fight an enemy stronger than yourself (4)

Biography: Lena

Mila had finally arrived here, after the information she gathered it led her to Fenchuch and the village here built upon an Oasis. It seemed a Boss had taken up residence here, using the locals as a workforce to gather wealth from the nearby mines to feed his collection of trinkets that the Calamity had left in its wake. One of those Trinkets Mila was here for, and she wouldn't leave without it. She was already within the Village Walls, it didn't take much as it welcomed travelers and traders with open arms. She carried a noticeable bandaged greatsword on her back, it's true appearance hidden.

Mila had learned a lot, being a part of Lena, before her time with her she would have no idea where to start in terms of completing her task and getting an audience with this man. Now she knew of multiple ways. She did not want to cause a scene though, so would opt for a more diplomatic, yet deceitful approach. She approached the Counter at this Bar Tavern, a lone man stood washing glasses with a cloth. Classic. She leaned against the bar and the man looked her up and down with a raised eyebrow.

"I hear the Boss here likes to collect things, say I wanted to add to his collection. Where'd I go, who do I talk to?"

"Not gonna order a drink? Might need one before you get yourself into that sort of trouble."

"Trouble?"

The man said no more, glancing around with a little paranoia it seemed, before looking down. Mila looked over her shoulder towards the direction he glanced. There was a couple of booths stuffed with ruffians of sorts, they had weapons and looked rough. Local Militia or just common bandits? A few of them were already staring at her, she smirked as she looked back towards the man at the bar. She knew she drew attention, her outfit was very provocative for simple minds - the fishnets and the leotard didn't leave too much to the imagination and hugged her skin tightly.

And like clockwork, two of the ruffians from the booth flanked her. The man to her left was much bigger with a scarred left arm, his hair was short and black. The man to her right, ordered a drink quickly for both of them. He was skinny and had a bandana around his head. She didn't look at either of them directly, looking straight ahead at the bartender working. The big man had his body facing her, leaning against the counter and the other leaned similar to her, though he was watching her too.

"New around here ey? Not seen you before." spoke the big man to her left.

"Obviously." Mila frowned.

"Well I could show you around, what you here for? Refuge? Sure we can make an exception."

"Trade. I have something the boss around here might want to add to his collection." Mila was quiet, she wasn't as confident as Lena even if her outfit oozed confidence. She was a little reserved, her posture seemed relaxed but she was a little on edge.

"Is it this?" The man to her right spoke now, reaching to touch the hilt of the blade. Before he could, the greatsword was upon him. Mila slammed the wrapped blade into the back of his neck and pinned him against the bar counter. She growled and looked at the big man, expecting him to make a move. He had his hands raised however and smiled. The other ruffians at the booths were stood up now, waiting on some kind of development to the aggression.

"He's stupid. Gets a bit excited when it comes to merchandise. Whats so special about your sword, 'cept that its blunt."

"It's Alive." Her eyes narrow further as she answers, expecting him to be skeptical.

He did laugh, quite heartily in fact. "ALIVE?"

She takes the blade off the skinnier man. His body flops to the floor, looking more gaunt than he was before, breathing heavily and immobilized. It was like he was drained of all of his energy.

The blade in Mila's hand seemed to shift and move beneath the bandages. This caused the bigger man's eyes to widen, looking down at the skinnier man who had been put into an abysmal state and back at the blade.

"I see. Well. I'm sure the boss will be real interested in that." You could hear the surprise in his words.

They wasted little time in the Tavern. The Large Man took Mila straight to his boss, along with the other ruffians and the skinny man who was slung over another's shoulder. She was taken to a Town Hall or the equivalent of, it was heavily guarded unlike the rest of the town. Seems the boss was more interested in keeping his own protected from thieves and danger than the rest of the village. Mila was taken into a room that was quite empty, pedestals with glass cases upon them, artwork on the walls and other things dangling from the roof. A showroom, a trophy room. She also noticed the seals everywhere and the guards. She stood in the middle, the big group of Ruffians didn't come with her. She had been left to her own devices, but she was still being watched closely.

A loud noise echoes through the room as a heavy door opened and squealed. A Large man came through, he was dressed in a regal like robe that exposed his chest and mid section. He was fat, but he had muscle in his arms. He closely shaved hair and a mustache, gold teeth and rings adorning his fingers as well as heavy looking gold necklaces. He approached Mila without much caution, stretching his hand out. His eyes obviously kept glancing at the weapon on her back.

Mila shook his hand.

"I've heard a lot about your collection. You indeed have a lot."

"This is but a small selection of my prized pieces. It would be nice to add more." He looked around proudly. "The name is Garzzio Ulbrinjj."

"Mila."

"My Men have already told me about your sword. And I must say, I am very interested. May I take a look?"

Mila raised an eyebrow. She took the handle of the blade and brought it before them, "It's temperamental and picky and very hungry. Only I can tell you how to control it." She could not tell the emotions that were going through Garzzio from that, he just smiled with a greed she recognized. Unsatisfied and never enough. Samehada had that in common with this man.

She tore the bandages from the blade, revealing the upper half of it and it's scales. They flexed a little, as if relieved that it was partially free.

There was a glow to Garzzio's eyes. "I have heard of this sword. Part of a group of seven, it's crown piece. This would be the perfect start to that collection. What do you want for it?"

Mila frowned, "I know of something that you have, a head of a creature that still lives."

Garzzio was shocked, "How do you know of this? Very little do."

"Rumours can spread from a single mouth."

"You can't have it."

"I only want to see it."

"Why?" He was defensive clearly, there was a suspicion no doubt about it.

"Because I've met her before. She ruined my life and I want to make sure she is in the place she deserves to be. Never able to rest, disgraced, undignified. If... it is her."

"Hahaha, yes. It is a monster. Lots of blood on her hands. What did she do this time?"

Mila closed off, hugging herself almost as she recalled trauma from her past, "I...do not wish to relive those memories."

"Of course. I'm sorry. You may see her, is that all you want?"

Mila nodded slowly, still hugging herself whilst looking down. The man put his arm around her in some attempt to comfort her, patting her shoulder he guided her towards the door he came through. He took her into a smaller room than the last that was still quite large. This one was also a lot messier. There was items, trinkets of value and rarity everywhere, there was one open part of the room that almost looked like an arena surrounded by all this treasure.

"Before I show you, I would like the sword. After you have seen the head, you can tell me how to control and wield it's power." He shrugs, "I do not trust you."

"Fair enough." Mila handed him Samehada. He took it with much joy, holding it in both his hands as he took it to the other end of the room.

There was a glorious looking couch at the other end with a unit that surrounded it and more trinkets upon it that he seemed to keep closer than the others. He rest Samehada against it and sat down on the couch and rested his hand on something covered by a cloth. He whips it off, revealing another glass case, but this one was filled with a transparent blue-ish liquid, it seemed like chakra was running through it as it glowed. Inside floating there was the head. A familiar face, her eyes were closed and from the severed neck there were threads that seemed to be fed into the bottom of the case into the unit out of sight possibly leading to somewhere. The head's mouth was partially open, it seemed to be breathing and behind the eyelids the heads eyes were moving about rapidly. A single horn protruded from the her forehead as well.

Mila's eyes were wide at the sight, her hand came to her mouth as she almost audibly gasped. It was a disturbing sight. Garzzio gently stroked the glass, staring at it.

"I talk to her sometimes, she can hear me. But she never responds. I show her everything and even try to bring her entertainment to wake her up... but nothing. Always sleeping. Watching her is humbling. She can at least never harm anyone every again or cause you anymore misery Mila."

This man was messed up. Mila watched him stand up, Taking Samehada in both his hands and raises it for all to see.

"It's beautiful. So tell me, how is it that you control this mighty beast!?"

"You don't."

"Huh?" He looked at her, a puzzled expression on his face. Suddenly the blade shivered with life and wiggled, the tip end of it split and revealed a pair of jaws that bit into Garzzio's arm and tore it off. He screamed in pain. Samehada's hilt erupted with spikes and the other hand freed her. He clasped his arms stub and fell against his couch wailing.

Samehada wiggled back to Mila and she took the blade in her hands, "I told you it's temperamental and picky. It chooses its wielder. And it didn't like you." Mila runs forward, this prompted Garzzio to slam his free hand on something, a button? Upon this action the floor before her split and opened. Causing her to stop as something began to rise from the floor.

"The entertainment I provided for my darling head, well I suppose you will have to be it! I HOPE SHE TORMENTS YOU AND GIVES YOU A MORE PAINFUL EXPERIENCE THIS TIME AROUND."

The Elevator revealed a large headless being, a monstrous stitches creature of unnatural proportions, shivering with some kind of power, it looked around wildly and unpredictably. A constant shifting noise even as it stood on the spot. Threads identical to those coming from the head came from the stitched monster's neck and in to the ground. They were connected somehow. There were seals glowing around the base of Lena's Head's Case, did she not realize that she was piloting this rabid creature? Of course not, it was acting on raging instinct, primal feeling.

The creature was built like a silverback but larger, and its arms more bulky with massive claws. There was an aura of wind around them to enhance their sharpness and as it locked onto Mila it did the equivalent of a roar, gaps in its stitched skin opened temporarily as pressure air released from them to simulate a warcry. It then charged her.

Mila just managed to block the claw swiped from her right, though it was quickly followed up with the other. The creature was fast and unrelenting. She just about bats it away with Samehada. But it shoulder barges her and she rolls across the ground with a groan. And just like that it was on her, grabbed her by the leg and threw her into a nearby wall before being upon her again and digging it's claws into her back. Mila screams as she is lifted into the air, the claws impaling her she struggles in the creatures grasp. Though Mila's constitution was also unique, the creature and her were made of the same thing.

She drives Samehada back into the creature and it bites it hard, ripping a chunk of its' threads apart before wiggling around the surface of the creature to sap its energy and damage it elsewhere. Mila pulls herself off the claws with some pain and falls to the ground on her hands and knees. She slowly gets up performing a hand seal and her cheeks fill up before spitting out a powerful torrent of water that slices the Threaded Creatures arm clean off.

It roars again and then grabs Samehada by the hilt and throws it at Mila who just manages to dodge out of the way. Whilst she was distracted by that throw the creature regrew its severed arm and then thrust it forward - it extended in an attempt to impale her again. She rolls out of the way, just about. It swiped its arm across and hits her from the side, throwing her further to the side. The arm retracts and the creature charges her again.

Mila stands as quickly as she can even through the pain. She thrusts both her hands forward and unleashes a spiraling torrent of water form her hands which hits the creature square in the chest and pushes it back only slightly, but at least halting it's progression. she runs in a left arc, performing a string of hand seals this time. Water generates from the ground and a spinning column forms around the creature turning into a snake coiled around it, its gaping maw form and crashes down into itself as if to swallow the creature, carrying it away to the other side of the room, taking treasure with it and causing a chaos of trinkets to go flying away.

Mila scurries to find Samehada, taking it into her hands and then turning to face her enemy who was righting itself and smashing items out of its way. Garzzio was mortified at the mess and his treasure being tossed around like trash. He sat cradling his arm on his couch as water surrounded him.

The Creature ran at her, it seemed more angry than before. It leaped, raising both massive arms above it's head as it came down from above using its entire weight to slash downward and land upon her. Mila ran forward and slid across the ground as the creature smashed into the space behind her, she swings the living blade around and tears a good chunk of skin and flesh of the creature's backside. Samehada grew bigger, Mila then immediately thrust the mouth-end of the sword into the threads that lead into the ground and it bit through them, severing them. The Creature roared and then stopped. Collapsing with a thud. The puppet lost its strings.

Mila quickly looked towards Garzzio and the head. She scowled at him, he had a look of panic. Fear. She ran at him, Samehada in hand. His eyes widened and he began to recoil back. Then. He relaxed. And smiled. Mila's eyebrows raised and she slowed down momentarily. Why was he s... SMASH. A large hand grasping the back of her head as it shoved her into into the hard ground. She was stuck, this monster was on top of her with its threads reattached.

"Sh-shit."

"HAHAHA. Goodbye, BITCH. Kill her!"

The creature lifts her by the head. Begins to apply pressure to it. She screams, but through it she performs the ram handseal. At first nothing seems to happen, until the creature's hand flexes open as water explodes outwards and in massive volume from Mila's head, the water spills out and crashes into the creature carrying it away. She lands on the ground and manipulates the water with a single arm movement, curling it all up into an orb and trapping the creature within it.

She breathes heavily as the creature is suspended there, floating in the orb. Though it seemed to pulse, its threads and skin expanding repeatedly before it tensed. Mila's eyebrow raised and her posture straightened as she concentrated, a little on edge.

The Creature let out a billowing roar and with it wind rippled through and outwards from its body, tearing and cutting through the water orb around around it. A Massive gust of sharp winds expand outwards and send everything flying back. Mila is sent flying into the couch unit, smacking into it just below the severed head. She groans. Garzzio is thrown off the couch itself into the wall behind, buried under his treasures. The room was a mess filled with water and destroyed trinkets.

The Creature stands above Mila, she strains to look up at him. It raises its arm up, its deadly claws pointed her way. Mila had one more idea. She quickly slapped her hand against the glass case above her, pouring her chakra into it. The creature thrust its arm down towards Mila. She faced the oncoming claw head on, screaming as it closed in on her - pouring all the chakra she could into this last minute effort.

The head's eyes shot open, revealing red patterned eyes of the Sharingan. The creature's thrust stopped, but not entirely, it was seemingly moving at a very slow speed. The whole creature was suspended in time, its speed reduced to barely anything. Mila didn't know how much time she had and so she quickly acted and thrust her arm forward into the chest of the creature, releasing her dark thread which dug through it and sought out its heart. With her other hand she shot out threads which smashed through the glass case and attached onto Lena's head. she then tears out the heart from the creature and takes Lena's heart into her body, keeping the connection between it and her head.

Mila collapses to her backside, cradling the head in her arms as it splutters from being suspended in water. Lena looked around, her eyes darted everywhere, until they rested on Mila who was lying against the couch unit, holding her close.

"Wh-what happened."

"I got you back. It's okay."

"I... I don't... oh... where is my body?"

"We'll get that back too."

Mila slowly pushes her feet against the ground and uses the unit to prop slide herself upright. She continues to cradle Lena's head which is now attached the her through the threads they both share. She takes her behind the couch and finds a partially buried Garzzio, lying there wailing in pain, sobbing amongst his treasures.

"Him."

"What should we do with him?"

Garzzio looked at them both. His eyes widening, "She is awake! My Prized possession!"

"I am no one's possession you rotten pig. And I am far from yours." Lena spat.

"I looked after you! I never let any harm come to you!"

"You used me as your plaything... to hurt people... to please only yourself. I vowed to remove men like you from existence, to never let that happen to me again."

"No... no!"

Mila crouches slowly and places one hand on the ground, the other still cradling Lena's head. From beneath Garzzio a torrent of water begins to pool up and surround him. He exclaims an array of no's before its muffled by the water into gargles. He floated in the orb, slowly clutching his throat as he breathed out the last of his bubbles of air, thrashing, struggling, kicking, he choked and suffered until he became still.

Mila walked away, picking up Samehada with her now free hand. The other carried Lena carefully as she prepared to exit and take on whatever backlash she was about to receive outside. Now she had to protect what she stole.

Jutsu Referrenced

(Suiton: Suidanha) Water Release: Severing Wave
Type: Offensive
Range: Short-Long
Chakra: 40
Damage: 80
Description: After doing the Tiger hand seal, the user will quickly exhale a very thin stream of pressurized water that will be able to cut even rock. The most noteworthy feature of the technique is how fast the stream is and how sharp it can be. By moving his head, the user can alter the jet's cutting path, creating longer cuts or affecting bigger targets.

(Suiton: Seiryūshō) - Water Release: Azure Dragon Palm
Chakra: 20
Damage: 40
Description: The user unleashes a spiralling torrent of water from his hands.

(Suiton: Ja No Kuchi) - Water Release: Water Snakes Mouth
Description: After performing the required handseals: Monkey → Rat → Tiger → Dragon → Horse → Dragon, it then allows the user to generate a spinning column of water which will take the form of a snake with a gaping jaw. This snake can twist and follow its targets and swallow them. After it has swallowed them, it turns into a river that carries the enemy away.

(Suiton: Dai Bakusui Shōha) - Water Release: Great Exploding Water Colliding Wave
Type: Supplementary/Offensive
Chakra: 30
Damage: 60
Description: This technique is a stronger version of exploding water colliding wave technique. The user will first perform the ram hand seal and then spits out a large amount of water that covers an entire area, with massive waves that can crush the opponent. The user then forms the water into a giant orb, instead of releasing like weaker version of the technique.

(Jiongu: Chuushin Karite) - Earth Grudge Fear: Heart Reaper
Chakra Cost: N/A
Damage Points: N/A (results in the death of the target)
Description:The user uses their dark treads to rip out their opponents heart and add it to their body. The hearts are saved in animal-like masks in the users back.
Note: Can only be used by Kakuzu.
Note: All the process needs to abide by Kakuzu's bio rules

(Suiton: Funshutsu Mizu Kinko) - Water Release: Gushing Water Imprisonment
Range: Short-Mid
Description: The user creates a flow of gushing water under the opponent which traps them in a sphere of water. The user can perform an attack while the opponent is trapped. This jutsu is similar to Water Prison Technique, though the user doesn't need to keep his arm in the sphere of water.

Note: This creates its own water source.

Never

Supreme
Kin
2,719💸
Kumi
44,736💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This post marks the beginning of my mission using these storyboard elements:
- Disperse a mob (4)

Mila had fought her way out through the building, dealing with guards with little mercy whilst cradling Lena's head in one hand and utilizing Samehada in the other. She made her way to the roof of the building during her fight, as though she was pressured up there. Once Mila was on the roof, she took a look at what she was facing. In the streets below it seemed a crowd of people had formed, all ushered to this building by the militia that Garzzio must have been using to keep them in line.

They were being used to defend their home, but they were also being use to defend this greedy fat bastard's wealth. He was dead now so it did not matter, not that it did anyway.

Weapons were aimed at Mila, others were ready for some kind of reaction - waiting to fight. They looked scared, fearful of facing more violence, more of the unknown. Mila could relate to it all, before she was with Lena - fear was common for her. She looked down at them sadly.

"Let me talk to them."

"I don't know how well they're going to take advice from a head." Mila smirked slightly at the idea, though Lena looked back at her seriously. Mila raised an eyebrow, but did as she was told - she held up Lena's head.

There was a sea of surprised expressions and gaping mouths as they were shocked at the site shown before them, not understanding what was about to happen.

"Your Boss is dead!" There was audible gasps and even a scream as the head spoke. "He has taken advantage of you all, fueled by his greed and desire to have only things he wants. He has used your fear of what has happened to make you all his subordinates for his own agenda! The only thing standing in your way to take back your village are these common bandits. They have no respect for you. No love for you."

"WE PROTECT YOU FROM THE DANGERS OF THE OUTSIDE WORLD." A largely built bandit, holding a big cleaver turns to the mob of citizens and other bandits, addressing them as if to try to drown out Lena's words. "You NEED Us."

"Do they ****." Lena snarled. "Look at them, ready to fight, they have more courage than you ever could. They outnumber you 10 to 1. All they need is their town back, they'd do a hell of a lot better making it safe without you leeches about. Rebuild, thrive again and beat the fallout of this calamity."

Mila was surprised at how verbal Lena was being, not like she had much choice but to remain as a talking head, she probably had a lack of things to do for a while as well. She was getting it all out here. It was still strange to see someone like her talk so much, it reminded her of Sado Yasutora. Seemed his ways had rubbed off on her, not that they were too different.

The Large bandit glared back up at her, and she glared back - her Sharingan spinning into view. The Large Bandit didn't really react, "She doesn't know shit! She's ju..."

As he turned to face the crowd, he jumped back, seeing something that had seemingly frightened him. His face scrunched up into anger and he swiped at one of the citizens, cleaving their face in two. His face dropped as the illusion faded and he was stood above a dead villager. It all happened so fast, the mob jumped him from all sides, stabbing, beating, slicing as he slowly drowned among the bodies. The other bandits got jumped too, it really didn't take long for them all to be felled. Lena's words ringing true as the Bandits were outnumbered and torn apart.

It was a bloodbath, even if they bandits tried to take down people with them, it didn't amount to much, just further rage directed their way. The was even pleading from some, but with the seeming merciless kill from the first bandit there wasn't much forgiveness going around.

As this commotion happened, Mila took Lena away, jumping from rooftop to rooftop to get to the edge of the city. They had no idea just how bloodthirsty these citizens wanted to be and had no desire to stick around to find out. They would calm down, and they would manage. Even if they didn't, Mila got what she came for and the Mob would disperse leave them alone as they had the freedom of their town back, do something productive and not focus on feeding the whims of a gluttonous fat man.

Jutsu Referrenced
( Doujutsu: Genjutsu Sharingan ) - Eye Technique: Copy Wheel Eye Illusion
Range: Short - Mid
Chakra cost: 15 - 40 ( Equal Cost for Each Additional Turn Sustained )
Damage points: 30 - 80
Description: This broadly refers to a range of genjutsu performed with the Sharingan. It has also been shown to be performed through the Sharingan's higher evolutions: the Mangekyō Sharingan and the Rinnegan. By establishing eye contact with a target, the Sharingan user traps them within a sustained Genjutsu of the user's creation. Sharingan Genjutsu are stronger than other Genjutsu, being difficult to break in comparison due to the sinister chakra powering them. When utilized through the Mangekyo Sharingan, these Genjutsu are enhanced and deal an additional 40 damage. However, the time dilation effects and similar effects/ability of Tsukiyomi and custom variants cannot be replicated through these illusions. When used through the EMS, these illusions deal an addition 50 damage. In the case of Supplementary and none damaging use, these Genjutsu can be exploited for one of various purposes, such as: causing temporary paralysis in the target, forceful extraction of information, relaying memories, removing Genjutsu placed on the target by others, and controlling a target's actions. Controlling a target's abilities in limited to Summoning and other none Creation/Ninja entities. The 3 Tomoe Sharingan can forcibly controls Basic and Ancient Summoning's actions as long as they sustain this technique. MS can affect up to Mythical Contracts while EMS can effect even Legendary Summonings. This control is limited to the ability to control their physical movements with limited access to their ninjutsu, using only skills related to the Summoning itself.

In the event of Bijuu, Mangekyo Sharingan users are able to use their MS to cast powerful enough Genjutsu that even Tailed Beasts cannot break their hosts from it, being ensnarled as well. These Genjutsu can also seize control of a Tailed Beast by temporarily severing its connection to the host without the need for eye contact. If the Jinchuriki has not entered any Chakra Shroud state or higher, the user can cast a powerful Genjutsu that severs their connection and prevents access to the Bijuu as well as any of it's skills for 3 turns. Should a Chakra Shroud or Incomplete Jinchuriki transformation occur, the user is capable of preventing full access to it's Bijuu Skills for 3 turns by suppressing it. This presents itself in an inability to utilize the Tailed Beast Bomb variants, a Bijuu Skill such as Sand or Coral as well as access higher transformations. Should the user have EMS, this control is extended to blocking access for double the time and should a Complete Transformation occur, the user is capable of suppressing it's form and ending the Transformation in it's entirety and forces the health drawbacks to trigger as well as a reduced max health and chakra by 25% from fatigue. However, Bijuu Suppression can only be done by sustaining the technique at the cost of 2 moves per turn and prevents Sharingan Genjutsu for 5 turns.
Note: While powerful, the effects of Sharingan Genjutsu only last while the user actively sustains the technique, preventing usage of other Ninjutsu at the same time. This indiscriminately prevents the use of chakra in other techniques outside of basic Taijutsu only.
Note: When used in the NW, this can be used to tame a wild Tailed Beast and allow the user to summon it in an enraged state for 4 turns, only being capable of using Sharingan and non chakra enhanced Bukijutsu during this time, Ninjutsu being barred while controlling the target. This beast is summoned at max powers and has access to it's Skills and one Bijuu Pathway, determined through Official Roll in the NRP Discord. This ability can currently only be done by Madara Uchiha in the Ninja World.
Note: Can only be used once per turn. MS and EMS use can only be done once every 4 turns.
Note: Requires Eye Contact and activation of 3 Tomoe and higher Sharingan.

-Leaving Landmark-

Alternative

Elite
Kin
300💸
Kumi
304💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Spawning here with biography [x]

This post marks the start of a mission using the following elements:
  • Recall an old memory (1)
  • Grieve the loss of a friend (2)
Synopsis: A vivid dreams prompts Masaki to recall some old memories, namely, the ones of his closest childhood friend, who is sadly not part of this world anymore.

"Hey Ma-kun, lets play together~!"

"I told you its Masaki!"

--

Like a fever dream.

Masaki opened his eyes as he laid still in bed, covers draped along his body. He felt cold, a sweat breaking over his cheek at the thought of him coming back to haunt his dreams. Why? Every single time these memories would relapse into his mind, he couldn't help but to feel an overwhelming sense of emotions. These feelings of grief at the loss of a friend, or anxiety at the fear of having to face these emotions once more. It was enough to damage a man at his peak. Eventually, the man propped himself up, cupping his head into his hands. "Kan-chan..."

He scratched his head briefly, taking a look around the room. Nothing out of place. The sound of a dripping faucet not properly turned off could be heard, alongside the smell of dinner scraps leftover on dishes from the night before. Nothing out of the ordinary...

But, Masaki couldn't help but keep the manifestation of that dream running through his mind. It was from a simpler time: two kids playing in the sand dunes towards the outer walls of Fenchuch playing some game they had made up.

Maybe it was time to visit that place again...

In that moment, Masaki would get himself ready to go on a small excursion. A brief shower would have steam filling up the bathroom. It was hot, he allowed for soap to seep into his skin, giving off an aroma similar to sandstone. Something rugged and befitting for someone who grew up in the desert. He allowed for the water to drain as he grabbed a fresh towel to dry off before getting dressed for his outing. He pat down his body, making sure he had all the tools he needed. Ninja pouch, smokes and lighter, scrolls, bag of water? Check. I'm coming Kan-chan.

With that, he left his house, heading east a few hundred meters.

Kanba, affectionately known as Kan-chan, was Masaki's childhood friend. He was a boisterous and slightly air-headed, always having a need to do things for himself. At all times, there was an air of charisma around the kid, that anyone could look at him and tell he could command the room's attention. He was like a magnet for most of the other kids at the ninja school, always with a bright smile on his face. To Masaki, Kanba was the light that was able to give him purpose and meaning. Together, they could even resemble the stories of the red oni and the blue oni: an unlikely duo who were different in every way, but still became best friends.

After some time, Masaki had arrived at his destination: a single tree, surrounded by sand dunes, a ways away from the community he grew up with. This area held some significance to him, being the area where his memory took place. It seemed like nothing special, but for Masaki, it acted as a grave, or a point of remembrance for his old friend; a place where he could come to when he felt especially lonely, or needed some place to recollect his thoughts. Perhaps this was one of those days. In a brief movement, the man pulled out a cigarette and lighter from his back pocket, before lighting it and taking a drag.

"Kan-chan..." he paused briefly. "I hope you're doing okay."

Of course Kanba wasn't doing okay, he was dead...

This was always the hardest part for Masaki growing up, having to grieve for the loss of his best friend. He wasn't even sure how it happened. From what he understood, it was an accident, an attack from a rogue shinobi, indiscriminate and Kanba somehow getting caught in the crossfire. He doesn't even remember a lot of the details from his death having happened over 15 years ago, nor did he like to think about it. It was a gruesome topic. The man knew it was something to be expected in this world, but no one ever expects it to happen to someone close to them.

Masaki recalled back to the dream as he grabbed the lighter from his front pocket and lighting the cigarette. "Let's play together... what was it we did back then?" His mind would trail back to the time where he and Kanba were kids playing in the dunes. "Ah, sand soldiers..." he let out a small chuckle. It was a silly game where the two kids would make something akin to a snowman (but sand) and pretend they were defending each other, lobbing improvised weapons at each other, almost like a crude version of battleship. He released a puff of smoke from his cigarette.

"I miss those days, we were so innocent and naive." Masaki said with melancholy as he continued to reflect on the past. "When we graduated from the ninja school together, you wanted to show off a new shuriken technique you had learnt, then the shuriken came back and pricked you right in the leg..." He took a deep breath, taking in yet another drag of smoke. "You'd say something like "Hey Ma-kun, check this out~!" before wanting to show off..." The man's head started to fall as he closed his eyes in reflection. "I always hated that name, Ma-kun..." his voice started to tremble at this point, but Masaki was not allowing for that to happen.

His mind wandered again, to a time of playing sand soldiers with Kanba. A time where he won a game based on pure ability with ninjutsu. Masaki had created a small ball of sand infused with the smallest amount of chakra before lobbing it towards Kanba. At a glance, it looked as if the assault would have missed, but with some careful hand gestures and a strong fixation on the weaponized sand's flight path, it would land directly on Kanba's head, creating a victory for Masaki. He would remember at the time, Kanba sulking with sand festering in his hair, about how it wasn't fair that he was using ninjutsu to win, but this was a game around war, and he remembers no rules had been established to say he couldn't do what he did. He couldn't help but chuckle slightly.

These were happy memories that Masaki was leaving with today.

"Kan-chan," his voice sounded more resolute now as he blew smoke out. "I'll always miss you."

End mission

Alternative

Elite
Kin
300💸
Kumi
304💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
This post marks the start of a mission using the following elements:
  • Fight an individual of comparable strength (3)
Synopsis: During a moment of respite, Masaki is interrupted by someone he had never seen. This strange figure picks a fight, and Masaki is forced to defend himself.

"Oi oi? What's this we got here?"

The unknown voice of a stranger carried over the wind to Masaki's ears, prompting him to stand up from his prayer and turn around to the direction of the voice. He raised his hand to his forehead like a visor, peering out to the distance to see something, someone, calling out to him. The blazing sun coated a lot of this man's distinct features in shadow, but could see he was fully cloaked in ragged clothing, had bleach-blond hair that appeared to be translucent against the rays, and a bandage above his left eye. Notably, he carried a curved sword on his left hip, it looked to be similar to those that rogue ninja traversing Wind Country might wield.

"Y'know this is my territory, right?" The blond man called out, clearly disgruntled by Masaki's presence. He slowly paced his way closer. "Who the hell do you think you are!?" He yelled.

"You know it's rude to ask for names without introducing yourself first..." Masaki replied calmly. He rubbed the nape of his neck before spitting out his cigarette and shoving sand over it with his foot.

This raggedly dressed man looked as if that hit a nerve. "Eh?! You think yer in a position to give me that kinda shit!?" He snarled. In that moment, he picked up the pace, wildly grabbing two kunai and throwing them directly at Masaki's face, or at least attempted to. It seemed in this brief moment of rage, his aim was off and the kunai flew towards the left of Masaki's body without needing to move an inch. Masaki acted in turn, taking somewhat of a more defensive stance, positioning his right foot behind his left as a means of stability, though it was rough.

It seems the stage for this battle was set: a remote area that was nothing but desert. Behind Masaki was a small number of sand dunes and the tree reminiscent in his dream to his left. In the distance behind this blond man he could see a small portion of the local village, but was several meters away and did not warrant nothing anything. The two combatants started at mid-range from each other.

"I'm gonna kill ya!" The blond man yelled as he initiated his combat. In an instant, he embraced wind chakra into his right fist, throwing a hook like punch towards Masaki, and a gust of wind followed. It looked terrifying, picking up particles of sand as it trailed along its path, as if it could slice through anything. In that moment, Masaki retaliated with a defensive technique of his own. He kneaded earth chakra throughout his entire body whilst forming a single hand seal; his skin grew a dark substance all around it, his body becoming as hard as steel with the technique. The hurricane punch would collide with his body, the armour sustaining damage and crumbling in the process. The wind in its trail kicked up a bit of a sandstorm, obscuring vision of his assailant.

However, it wasn't over yet. Through the storm, Masaki could see the silhouette of his assailant forming a hand seal before he instantly vanished. Substitution? Masaki thought about not being able to see, but it couldn't be, he wasn't hit by an ability and in essence, there was nothing to substitute with his body. But almost in an instant, the blond man appeared right before him, without even a moment to react; he threw a left underhanded jab into Masaki's stomach causing him to curl over from the hit. He then managed to follow through with a right-handed hook to his face, inevitably knocking him down to the ground. Masaki couldn't help but take the blow; he prompted himself to rub his left cheek in an attempt to numb the pain.

The blond man laughed, "Ahaha, little slow are ya?! Didn't think you'd be such a weak piece of shit!" he taunted. Those words cut slightly into Masaki, the feeling of being weak, or slow, but in a battle he wasn't going to be phased by it. The assailant stood up from his rough stance. "Name's Saizō, you'd best remember it since I'm so strong!"

Masaki coughed before propping himself up onto one knee. "...Nagakura."

"Oi oi," Saizō retorted, "that's not what you were saying before, right, Ma-kun~?" That name triggered something within Masaki, almost a sense of unbridled rage dwelling deep in his soul. He gritted his teeth as he kneaded more chakra and formed yet another hand seal, only this time it was an offensive attack. In the air above Saizō, a portal formed high above the blond man's body before it released mud onto his location. Easily, Saizō saw this attack forming from the shadow that loomed and jumped backwards a few meters, allowing for the mud to drop between them. A slippery and slick surface that was meant to coat the man in something to slow him down, even make him vulnerable to lightning, now left as a small alteration to the battlefield.

"Oops, can't have that happening now can we." Saizō said. In that moment, he noticed the gritting teeth Masaki had as the mud began to harden, meshing with the sand between them. "What? You thought I didn't know? I heard everythin' you said to yourself, how embarrasin'!" Once again, Saizō couldn't help but laugh to himself.

"Why... why are you doing this to me...?" Masaki questioned as he managed to get himself back on two feet, albeit, slightly winded.

Saizō spat on the ground. "Why? Because this is my territory, I told you that! Are you stupid as well?!" Masaki had no comeback for that as he drew a kunai from his back pocket and into his right hand, anxiously awaiting for another move from his opponent.

"Still wanting to fight, huh?" Saizō continued his assault, throwing two kunai towards Masaki. However, because the two combatants were much more prepared, Saizō's kunai were sure to land directly on Masaki's chest, which he was able to motion his kunai-wielding hand to counter the simple attack. But this was all a distraction as Saizō continued to form hand seals and taking a deep breath inwards kneading fire chakra deep within his belly. Any shinobi worth their salt would know the Tiger seal was commonly associated with fire ninjutsu. But it didn't matter. Saizō's assault was too fast given their distance and the distraction from the kunai thrown before; there was no way for the man to stop the technique. With a quick thought however, Masaki kneaded his own earth chakra, not even needing a seal to trigger a spike as hard as stone to raise below Saizō's left leg in order to create a deep cut into his lateral side. It worked, the deep cut causing for Saizō to stagger his stance so the fireball would not land a direct hit.

For the most part, it was successful. The fireball still travelled far enough to collide with Masaki's right arm, searing it completely from the elbow down; Masaki was forced to discard his kunai as he was knocked back a few meters and collapsed to one knee. "Ahhh, shit....!" The man yelped in pain, trying to do anything that would prevent the burning feeling. He clenched his teeth, hastened his breathing, any kind of psychological or physiological means to soothe the pain, he would try.

On the other end, Saizō had a similar reaction, gritting his teeth in pain of his leg. "Bastard..." he said, working up the strength to keep standing.

With not much going on, Masaki witnessed a brief opening for him to perform a small technique of his own. Despite the searing pain, he mustered up whatever strength he had within him to punch at the ground. In essence, this wouldn't look like it would do much of anything to Saizō, however, this was a form of his own skill with magnetism ninjutsu. The fist connecting with the ground served as a connection between the two, allowing for him to transform the blond man into a living magnet. Normally, this would not be able to happen without physical contact first and foremost, however, Masaki was capable of performing this with a small alteration to his technique. He used this moment of respite to prop himself back up on two feet, right arm severely burned. and hanging there with no intention to use it, if possible.

"W-what, still lookin' to fight huh!?" Saizō yelled out in panic, obviously limping from the sustained damage to his leg.

"I'm done here..." Masaki replied calmly as he reached for a single shuriken with his left hand. He knew his left hand would not be as strong or as accurate as his right hand, but it did not matter at this moment. With a single flick, he tossed the shuriken towards Saizō, slowly travelling despite having a specialty in using ninja tools. But it was all he needed. He clenched his teeth again, preparing to withstand the pain of his burnt arm and, with haste, formed five hand seals which would multiply the shuriken by one hundred. Once again, he let out a slight yelp in pain with the seals causing pain to touch. He watched as the shuriken traversed around each other, each one attempt to coalesce onto Saizō's position.

"You think that'll work!?" Saizō yelled out, forming yet another hand seal. It was similar to the first hand seal he used where, in an instant, he vanished. Except it wasn't that he vanished, but instead enabled him to move at incredibly fast speeds that Masaki was unable to keep track of. Saizō reappeared a few meters to the left of his starting location, made evident by the shuriken's trajectory. Indeed, half of the shuriken did converge at his previous location and got stuck in the sand, but those that did not continued to follow his trail, the attraction that was applied to him. Saizō huffed as he looked at the laceration on his leg, the shuriken still continuing to converge to where he was. He didn't have enough time to dodge them all, instead opting to raise his arms in front of his face before they all connected with his limbs. It would have caused him to take considerable damage as he collapsed from all the pain he was suffering at the time.

Masaki grasped onto his right shoulder and made his way over to Saizō's bloodied body, looking almost like a wild cactus cut dry for its water. It was a pathetic sight to behold, a man who seemed overtly confident about his abilities and how strong he was, only to be torn down, practically shaking as if he were to plead for his life. "...is this still funny?" He said pensively as he crouched down above the now defeated man.

"P-please, d-d-don't kill me..." Saizō said with a tremble in his voice. But Masaki was not a man who straight up kills people, Instead opting for something else. He placed his index finger across his lips indicating for Saizō to keep quiet as he ran a palm over his mouth. In essence, this was a potent build up of magnetic chakra that would seal his lips together forcefully by sense of polarity. He was stuck, without a way to talk or belittle or moan anymore.

Masaki could only stare at him with no real sense of content. There was no satisfaction in this meaningless fighting, no real reason to feel sorry. He was only defending himself. Yet, there was a small sense of guilt that rushed through him, to inflict that much pain onto someone else, and for what? He was only defending himself. When Saizō called him weak and stupid, or called out the name he hadn't heard in years, it brought up unwanted feelings of regret, of rage, of sorrow. He was only defending himself.

"Saizō... goodbye." Masaki softly spoke. Afterwards, he stood up pulling a cigarette out of his pocket with his left hand and placing it between his lips, before once again gripping his right arm. The mere taste of the bud was cathartic against the screams coming from Saizō, as he slowly paced away back to home, leaving the body alone in the desert.

Maybe someone would find him... maybe.

(Doton: Domu) – Earth Release: Earth Spear Technique
Damage: N/A (+40 to physical attacks)
Description: After performing the Snake hand seal the user will channel their chakra throughout their entire body, which then hardens their skin to a steel-like quality. This increases their defensive power to the utmost limits. The user’s skin also becomes much darker, an almost black colour. The destructive power of physical attacks is increased, making this a great, all purpose technique. But this technique when activated leaves the user vulnerable to lightning based techniques.
Note: Kakuzu bios can use this technique without the need for handseals

(Doton: Nentsuchi Otoshi) – Earth Release: Sticky Earth Drop
Damage: 40
Description: The user does 2 handseals (Ram → Snake) and creates an opening within the sky, which drips down onto the opponent a large amount of sticky mud (in all similar to that of Swamp of the Underworld Technique), covering them. The mud is very heavy and thick as well as adhesive, making it impossible to move if caught and easily crushing an enemy underneath. It’s normally followed up by Lightning release: sixteen pillar bind to create a giant oven around the opponent and then using Fire release: Firing biscuit technique to ignite the oven, hardening the mud and immobilizing the enemy target.

(Doton: Ganchūsō) - Earth Release: Stone Spikes
Chakra: 15
Damage: 30
Description: This technique lets the user create a few rock pillars that will protrude from the ground to skew the target. The rock pillars will even pass through obstacles to reach their target if these are less dense. The pillars/spikes can be done in any earthen surface, including other earth techniques of the user.

(Jishaku Ninpou: Denji Genmu ) - Magnetic Ninja Art: Electric Phantasms
Range: Short - Mid
Damage: 5 per metal object that hits
Description: Through physical contact, the user turns the opponent into a living magnet by manipulating their polarity. This causes non chakra infused metals within mid range to become drawn into the opponent, causing damage as they collide with him. This technique can also be applied to items to either extend the reach required to strike the opponent, hitting them and magnetizing them then or to draw metals towards an object.

Note: Can only be used by Toroi and custom Basic Magnetism bios.

(Jiton: Rei Rain) — Magnetism Release: Ley Lines
Range: N/A
Chakra Cost: N/A (+10 to applied technique)
Damage Points: N/A
Description: This is a passive technique which is applied to existing magnetism techniques which would otherwise require the physical infusion of chakra to initiate. The user, with an additional handseal (if any), is capable of then extending the initiation range of another technique, so long as physical touch is required. However, this can only be performed when the user and target both share a mutual point of connection, such as the ground. The extension of technique only applies to mid range. Because this is applied to existing techniques, it is regarded as passive and does not count towards the user's moves per turn.

(Shuriken Kage Bunshin no Jutsu) - Shuriken Shadow Clone Jutsu
Range: Short - Long
Chakra Cost: 30
Description: After throwing one shuriken or more against their target, the user creates up to a thousand shadow clones of the shuriken (or kunai, senbon, etc, basically any basic weapon) after performing Ram → Rat → Bird → Boar → Tiger which multiply the damage as its striking down the enemy. This is a technique that combines ninja tools with ninjutsu. Compared to normal shadow clones, clones of material objects are said to be on a far higher level. There is no need for preparations beforehand, like stocking up on shuriken, yet since the shadow clones are real and not illusions, all the shadow blades that fly around are equally lethal. This is valid for any weapon copied and it has been seen that the copied weapons will also have the tags or markings of the original, like sealing or explosive tags or sealing marks.

(Jiton: Seinaru Kon'in ☰ Koibito) — Magnetism Release: Holy Matrimony ☰ Lovers
Chakra Cost: 30
Description: The Lovers is a technique seemingly more symbolic technique than others, in the sense of how its used. By running their palm over two or more targets, they can create a powerful magnetic bond between them, thus binding them together. Although a niche technique, this does has some clever uses. For example, the main purpose is for this technique to be used on anything physically broken or not put together. This can vary from swords and weapons, or even more unorthodox targets like the body itself. Alternatively, this jutsu has other applicable uses which follow the same protocol. By running their palm over a number of objects, the user can bind them together to create something new entirely. It's quite possible for the user to "mend" a handful of kunai together to create a makeshift sword or spear to use in a fight. At any time, the user can perform a single hand seal and release the magnetic bond between any and all the objects mended through Lovers.
Note: Can only be used four times.
Note: Needs a turn cooldown after use.

End mission.

Chakra: 1600
-20, -20, -15, -20, -10, -30, -30
= 1455

Health: 200
= 160 (20%)
Arm damage effects: 80% Health remaining - Should an attack reduce the user’s health this low, it will cause 5 damage to one’s arms every 3 turns.

Alternative

Elite
Kin
300💸
Kumi
304💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
In a rather expedient manner, Masaki made way for his home village, right arm gripped tightly with his left as to make sure he wouldn't injure it further. A searing pain radiated from his arm, burned from taking an indirect hit from a fireball. However, the man did not head directly to his home, but someone else's place. A small cottage-like house, built of eroded bricks and a hue that almost looked like it blended into the sands below. He paused, taking a deep breath before knocking on the door.

"Excuse me..." he said, opening the door to let himself in. This cottage wasn't anything fancy, simply a small home for what looked like an older lady. Red curtains draped over the windows, with a multitude of photos showing a vibrant young woman next to a gentleman on the walls. On a small dining table looked to be some rudimentary medical supplies, namely some salves for who-knows-what and some loose bandages.

"I told you to wait after knockin'!" A creaky voice yelled out from the kitchen before she peered from the doorway. "You always do th-- ah, Ma-chan~ It's so good to see you!" Her expression quickly changed from agitated to pleasant surprise after seeing his face show up.

Masaki looked irate at her calling him that name. Ma-chan...? A name he hadn't heard of in a while, it did somewhat irritate him, but he shrugged it off full knowing he was there for a favour. "Sorry for barging in like this, I just uh..." he gestured to his right arm. "I have a bit of a problem."

"Ah, what happened, this is so unlike you!"

"A small altercation, I guess..." His voice trailed off.

The woman was visibly exacerbated. "Small? Yer whole arm's been burnt!" She ushered him into her home, forcing him to sit down while trying to be as tender as she could with the injury. "Sit there, I'll get you a wet towel for that." Before Masaki could properly react, she rushed off to prepare.

Moments later, she returned with a damp towel, promptly placing it on right arm. The cool touch of fabric directly on his arm caused him to seethe in pain slightly, but it was nothing he couldn't handle. The old woman sat on another chair opposite him, so as to tend to his wound.

"So, yer gonna tell me what happened?" The woman said. In the same instance, she had yanked the cigarette sitting between Masaki's lips, as if it was to say 'no smoking in my house'. Simply put, he obliged with her requests.

"I just... someon--" His speech was promptly cut off.

"Everytime yer came here for some kinda medicine it was always Kanba who scraped his knee or got stung by a wasp. You were the responsible one!" Her voice prattled on and on about how he wasn't the type of man who gets in trouble or easily injures himself. He always resolved conflict through words instead of violence. It was almost like he was getting scolded by his mother with the way she spoke to him, giving a lecture on how dangerous the world outside their walls was.

"I had to visit Kan-chan." Once again, Masaki's voice trailed off. It sounded as if what he said really sullied the mood to something darker than it already was.

The old woman grabbed the nearby bandages, coating them in a strange salve before she started to wrap his singed arm. "I know you miss Kanba, we all do. But it doesn't mean you have to risk your own life for him." Her voice transitioned to a much more caring sound, as if it could give you a warm embrace. "No one wants to see you go through the same pain." Masaki choked up at those words.

"I had to defend him..."

"That doesn't mean putting your own life at risk!" The woman instinctively tightened the bandages coiled around his arm. "Is that what he would have wanted?"

No rebuttal. Masaki hung his head in shame. The woman stood up, ushering for him to do the same.

"Listen to me Ma-chan, you have to make sure you live your life. The way you want to live it! If that means living for Kanba, then so be it, but think about what he would have wanted in your stead." She had a wry smile on her face, grabbing one more bandage lying around before tying it around his neck to use as a brace for his right arm.

"...Thank you, doctor." Masaki replied somberly.

"So," the woman responded, grabbing the cigarette from before and placing it back in his mouth. "what will you do now?"

Masaki pondered the question. "Kanba liked to explore the world..." and that was his answer. Truth be told, he didn't really know what to do now. The idea of travel wasn't a bad choice for now, at least, he could reflect on himself and learn about his ideals, what he wanted. Sure, this 'travel the world' concept was fine for now, but he knew he couldn't live for Kanba's sake. He had to find his own desire to live.

"Come visit more often Ma-chan!"

With that thought in mind, he made way out of the doctor's cottage made way to the west, hoping he could learn something in the process.

Leaving landmark

Alternative

Elite
Kin
300💸
Kumi
304💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Coming from here [x]

Home, sweet home.

Is what Masaki would love to say. He takes in a breath of the air of the small village he grew up in, the scent of sandstone reverberating around him. A slight smile crept up on his face from the familiarity of coming home. It felt like it had been so long since the last time he was here. But without much thought, he didn't have much time to spend thinking about his home and reuniting with friends. No, he was here purely on a business call.

Masaki paced over to the home of the doctor who treated him before having left on his little adventure. It looked all the same from the outside. As expected, he was only gone for a few days, it wouldn't make sense for drastic changes. He gulped, pausing before bringing his left hand to the door, tapping the door in a rhythmic knock that would only belong to him.

"Excuse me, Doctor?" Masaki called out, waiting at the door.

"I told you again, I'm not interested in your--" The doctor yelled as she opened the door, only to be greeted with a happy looking man towering over her.

"Hey." He smiled.

"Ah, Ma-chan! It's good to see you again!" Her expression changed rather quickly as she was greeted with a rather familiar face. As usual, Masaki was a little peeved at the naming convention she had given him, but this time, he wasn't completely bothered. Maybe what the man at the port was right in loosening up a bit would be good for him. "Come in, sit down, let me look at your arm!" As she examined his arm, she'd ask him to motion it in specific ways, at the shoulder, making a fist, and so on to gauge how it would feel.

"Thank you, Doctor." He replied sheepishly.
The bandages around his right arm were slowly unravelled so not to cause any searing pain to the man. Although, the pain had pretty much disappeared over the stint of his journey, or at the very least he had forgotten about what the pain would have felt like. Maybe the adventure was good for him after all.

"So, how was your big journey, what did you get up to?" The doctor asked with a curious mind.
Masaki would talk about his journey and how he ventured west to a new continent he had never heard of. He'd continue to talk about his adventure through Kamiyasumi, meeting the monks who were incapable of producing chakra and had their own unique ability, a blacksmith who asked him to procure some ores and materials for a gauntlet he was making, about the special forge he had and how he could create weapons designed to fight on even footing with gods. It was a lot to take in, admittedly, even Masaki felt a little insane having told this story and wondering how it was believable.

"You shinobi have really changed from back in the day." She laughed. "Back when you and Kanba were genin, you were too worried about your kunai, now you're off about to fight a god."

"I don't think I'm going that far." He replied. "Many people out there are far stronger than I ever will be."

"Here, try moving your shoulder." The doctor motioned the movement she wanted Masaki to try, raising his right arm upwards and to the side. "Now try clenching your fist." Again, with a solid tightening of the hand, he could perform the action, pain-free.
"Alright Ma-chan, seems your arm is better!"

"Thank you, Doctor." He replied as he continued to move his arm within the limited space to test the pain.

"Ah, Ma-chan, you might find your arm scarring a bit." She noted with a hint of concern. But seemingly the man was fine with it.

Before he'd leave, Masaki would ask the doctor one more question. "Hey, doctor, do you have a map at all? Like, a world map." He motioned his hands in a large circle to encompass what he meant. The doctor stood up to grab her own map out of a nearby cabinet full of odd paperwork. It wasn't nearly a map of the world, but it showed the majority of what he was looking for: Wind country, Earth country, and Fire country.

"You planning on another trip Ma-chan?" She inquired.

He simply nodded in response as he traced his fingers from where they were now to another location in Earth country. "The blacksmith asked me to gather material for him from Earth country." His fingers stopped at a place on the map marked Graveyard of Sin. After, he glanced downwards solemnly. "I'm sorry, I may not be able to come back for a while..."

"Don't be silly Ma-chan!" The doctor grabbed his cheeks with her coarse hands. "You've got your own adventure now, go, enjoy it!" There was a look of appreciation on his face as he understood what she was trying to say. This was his journey; this was his adventure to take, and nothing should be able to take that away from him. No old memories, no fixation on fear.

"Thank you, doctor." He replied solemnly.

"Geez Ma-chan, anyone tell you to stop being so stiff?" Like clockwork. He let out a light chuckle at the statement before standing up, offering to give the doctor a hug before leaving with a wave.

Before leaving on his perilous journey, he'd make his way back to his own house. The scent of dust wafted around the room, making Masaki cough a little, but was not bothered by it. Again, he was on business, only grabbing anything essential he may need. Camping gear, a restock of ninja tools and wire, a frying pan just in case he wanted to cook something gamey out that way, and a fresh packet of cigarettes. The last smoke from his old packet rested between his lips as he tossed the empty cartridge into the garbage and left his house. He lit the cigarette, taking a deep hit of relief as he made his way east for the Lower Barrens. Though this wouldn't be his first stop, he'd make way for the trail he memorised until he would arrive at the Graveyard of Sin.

Leaving landmark.
Commencing auto-travel.
Itinerary: #84 Fenchuch -> #83 -> #82 -> #90 -> #115 Graveyard of Sin

Arriving at #115 Graveyard of Sin @ 1:25pm EST.