Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Ok here's another and maybe the most taboo subject of all, euthanasia.

IMO just like abortion, euthanasia should be an option if the person in question decides for himself he has had enough pain, or if he puts it in his wil, saying he does not want to be in a vegative state or condition where he can no longer decide for himself.

In this case, wouldnt death be more humain then letting the person live in agony for another few years?

State you pro's and con's and please be civil.
Thank you.

Reactions: KeotsuEclipse

parampam

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
wow looks like these debates are really popular :D

although I'm generally pro-choice I'm not sure where I stand on this one cause I think in any circumstance you should not give up on life... now this is a more realistic view when it comes to depression or suicide, but in the case of very ill people... idk... it really depends on how sick they are the line between who you belive to be moral to euthanasiate or not seems preety hard to draw to me :|

Renegade87

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
wow looks like these debates are really popular :D

although I'm generally pro-choice I'm not sure where I stand on this one cause I think in any circumstance you should not give up on life... now this is a more realistic view when it comes to depression or suicide, but in the case of very ill people... idk... it really depends on how sick they are the line between who you belive to be moral to euthanasiate or not seems preety hard to draw to me :|
Your right, it is a very hard line to draw and that's why i say it should be up to the person in question and that person alone, whether it be directly or indirectly through his will.

I can imagine a person who has been fighting cancer for a couple of years and only has a few months left with nothing but pain and agony in store for him, will say: you know what, just let me go to "sleep" peacefully, instead of prolonging my suffering for a few months.
I know i would.

parampam

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I know you put a Carlin video in the god thread so I'll put one here ^^
dont wanna offend anyone, its just his opinon on "pulling the plug"

Mighty Curtain Messiah

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hm guys I think euthanasia is better for the one who asks for it because.. if person lives in pain and knows that he's gon na die anyway, what's the point for him to continue living unless he wants it?

But one thing is important:

WHO WILL TAKE THE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THIS PERSONS DEATH?
We do not have the right to kill other people. Euthanasia is a process not a creature and a human should start the process so HE who started the process will be reponsible for the DEATH. And I would not like to be that person.

Rei

Legendary
Kin
5,001,259💸
Kumi
527💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Euthanasia is a greek word and its literal meaning is "good death", for "eu" means good in greek.

I agree to that, not in a matter of life and death but in the matter of being able to have choices for your life even if its for ending it.
So i am for it, people should be able to chose how they will die if they are in a situation as the one described in the posts above, exactly as they chose how to live their lives up to that point.

As for the one pushing the button, i would do it if i knew that this was what the person truly wanted to happen and having the feeling that i am releasing someone of his constant pain.

Mighty Curtain Messiah

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Euthanasia is a greek word and its literal meaning is "good death", for "eu" means good in greek.

I agree to that, not in a matter of life and death but in the matter of being able to have choices for your life even if its for ending it.
So i am for it, people should be able to chose how they will die if they are in a situation as the one described in the posts above, exactly as they chose how to live their lives up to that point.

As for the one pushing the button, i would do it if i knew that this was what the person truly wanted to happen and having the feeling that i am releasing someone of his constant pain.

I udnerstand your opinion and I feel the same as you but would you be able to kill the person even if he asks you? Would you be able to feel yourself responsible for it even if you are sure it will be better for him this way?
Because I would not.

Neither could I inject the person with poisen neither could I give him the button to kill himself ;/

Renegade87

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I know you put a Carlin video in the god thread so I'll put one here ^^
dont wanna offend anyone, its just his opinon on "pulling the plug"
hahaha funny:D
"you'd have to be brain dead to watch haraldo" xD
IT'S TRUE!:p

I usually agree with everything old georgy has to say, this one being an exception.

Rei

Legendary
Kin
5,001,259💸
Kumi
527💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I udnerstand your opinion and I feel the same as you but would you be able to kill the person even if he asks you? Would you be able to feel yourself responsible for it even if you are sure it will be better for him this way?
Because I would not.

Neither could I inject the person with poisen neither could I give him the button to kill himself ;/
I wouldn't feel responsible for a death that i didn't chose my self.
What i would never do is, be the one deciding. That one i could never pull off.
But press the button if i was asked by a person who i loved and knew that this was his/her wish, that i would do.

Mighty Curtain Messiah

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I wouldn't feel responsible for a death that i didn't chose my self.
What i would never do is, be the one deciding. That one i could never pull off.
But press the button if i was asked by a person who i loved and knew that this was his/her wish, that i would do.
Glad that there are people like you, who can not feel something when it's not needed, Rei Uchiha :ino:

Rei

Legendary
Kin
5,001,259💸
Kumi
527💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Glad that there are people like you, who can not feel something when it's not needed, Rei Uchiha :ino:
Is this sarcasm CandyMan?
Life is too simple for me. All there is, is love. Even if it means pushing a button for someone who can't do it himself.
And i believe in re incarnation, so no death is permanent for me.

Mighty Curtain Messiah

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Is this sarcasm CandyMan?
Life is too simple for me. All there is, is love. Even if it means pushing a button for someone who can't do it himself.
And i believe in re incarnation, so no death is permanent for me.

No there was no sarcasm in my post. The point is when you love you're selfish and cannot let the person go. That's why very often close relatives refuse to accept euthanasia even if the doctors advice them. Even when the person is in comatose state, and everyone says that the brain has dies long ago and the person wont return to normal, relatives keep saying NO to euthanasia, Rei Uchiha.

Black Reaper

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
imo..then thats a bit unfair, why would u want to live in a bed for the rest of your life, their making a decison for someone who cant think/talk, i'd be pissed if i had to do that, i'd rather die.

its 50/50 u need to make the decision if they should die or if they should live like for the rest of there life, but most of the time its the fact that most people would not..

and im for it most of the time the people making the decision not to kill them don't truly understand the pain and suffering that the person is going though.

Rei

Legendary
Kin
5,001,259💸
Kumi
527💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No there was no sarcasm in my post. The point is when you love you're selfish and cannot let the person go. That's why very often close relatives refuse to accept euthanasia even if the doctors advice them. Even when the person is in comatose state, and everyone says that the brain has dies long ago and the person wont return to normal, relatives keep saying NO to euthanasia, Rei Uchiha.
That's why no one should take these decisions for someone else.
The only one who is responsible for my life is me, not my parents, not my loved one, not my friends. Just me. And only I must decide that.
I have lost many people who i loved already, to understand now that letting go is where true strength lies. But yes i agree with you, when you love you are selfish. But i see nothing bad in that if it doesn't change the fact that you love.

Mighty Curtain Messiah

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
imo..then thats a bit unfair, why would u want to live in a bed for the rest of your life, their making a decison for someone who cant think/talk, i'd be pissed if i had to do that, i'd rather die.

its 50/50 u need to make the decision if they should die or if they should live like for the rest of there life, but most of the time its the fact that most people would not..

Close relatives opinion is essential to do euthanasia, since the person who is close to the death state is considered inadequate and unable to perform decision by himself. ;)

It's like the person who wants to commit suicide.

Mighty Curtain Messiah

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That's why no one should take these decisions for someone else.
The only one who is responsible for my life is me, not my parents, not my loved one, not my friends. Just me. And only I must decide that.
I have lost many people who i loved already, to understand now that letting go is where true strength lies. But yes i agree with you, when you love you are selfish. But i see nothing bad in that if it doesn't change the fact that you love.
That's why I'm glad that there are people like you, Rei Uchiha, and I meant it without any sarcasm. Because I couldnt do that due to my selfishness or w/e anyone could call it.

And about people asking for death, read my post above.

P.S

Not to offend you or anybody but so many people to whom I was talking both in internet and Rl state that htey have lost so many loved people or something almost anyone I spoke to told me that. I wonder if it's all truth because I feel like I'm the only one in this world @ my age who havent gone through anything like that, I mean losing people.

Renegade87

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
That's why I'm glad that there are people like you, Rei Uchiha, and I meant it without any sarcasm. Because I couldnt do that due to my selfishness or w/e anyone could call it.

P.S

Not to offend you or anybody but so many people to whom I was talking both in internet and Rl state that htey have lost so many loved people or something almost anyone I spoke to told me that. I wonder if it's all truth because I feel like I'm the only one in this world @ my age who havent gone through anything like that, I mean losing people.
then i would count yourself very lucky.
dont know how old you are, but i lost my first grandpa at 6, 22 now and only have one grandma left.

Rei

Legendary
Kin
5,001,259💸
Kumi
527💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

P.S

For my case its true, my family has a huge cancer history and i have lost 6 of my cousins already, all at the age of 25-28. That means that it might happen to me soon as docs say, and i know i'd prefer euthanasia than the suffering.