Ending the Amaterasu Hype: Can it kill every ninja it is used against?

Draegod

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think it's time To start Debunking The most Overrated Jutsu's! Lets Get it in! Can it really "GG" every ninja is used? (excluding Juubi level and above, or super fast ninjas since they wouldn't get hit i suppose)

version of the thread for those who just don't want to read everything the traditional way. The video is a little more in depth in it's own way.

Amaterasu

User(s): Uchiha Itachi
TNG: Ninjutsu (Bloodline Limit)
Range: Close
Type: Attack

Description:
"The ones reflected in these eyes turn to ash!! A black world-destroying
conflagration that scorches all on heaven and earth!!"

The Uchiha clan, originally significant as "those with the fans which manipulate
fire", traditionally specialize in Katon jutsu, but there is a legendary jutsu
unknown outside the clan. This is "Amaterasu". The appearance of these flames
are jet-black. The high temperature is like the sun, and one time touching it is
the last. It is said that this is named after the Goddess of the Sun as it
continues to burn for seven days and seven nights. However, the Mangekyou
Sharingan is necessary to activate this jutsu, and for this reason there are not
many who have learned this jutsu. Therefore, the details of this jutsu are yet
unrevealed...

Picture text:
Top: The black flames that only the owner of the Mangekyou Sharingan can control
are even able to instantly break through the side of a rock toad who breathes
fire!!
Bottom: Jiraiya, who has mastered many jutsu, did not know of the existence of
Amaterasu. What he does understand is the power of the suspicious conflagration.

Hype:

Amaterasu is said to kill any ninja it connects with. Fans seem to think when hit, the fight is over and their is nothing the target can do. That is false and proven in the manga countless times that all though it is a powerful jutsu, it isn't a "Instant win" or "GG" tech when used on the elites or Certain Ninjas.

Manga feats:

Amaterasu is not that much hotter then Regular Fire. It is indeed more powerful no doubt, but Does not Burn faster or rather kill that much faster . I'll start by using Manga facts and Real life facts.

Temperature limit:

You must be registered for see images

In this scan Gaara's Sand was shown to hold Enton/Amaterasu (Same level of flames, Enton is just the manipulation of Amaterasu), but Gaara's sand was left as.. Sand! Why is that? I'll break it down further. It is common knowledge that When Sand is heated hot enough it turns into Glass like substance. The melting point for sand, or silicon dioxide, is 1,710 degrees centigrade. That is well over 3,100 degrees Fahrenheit.

So from manga facts we can conclude it isn't hotter then 3,100 Degrees Fahrenheit. With that being said and shown lets move on to the next part.

Temperature radiation and AOE of Amaterasu:

We all know that if something is really hot it is difficult to get near it because of the heats radiation range it puts off correct? Yet When Naruto was super close he failed to feel any heat from the flames nor showed any kind of discomfort from being so close to the flames. The Temp Range is clearly not far at all, and is not damaging unless it hits you directly.

Based on This scan Ama' heat range is roughly a few Inches, as seen in the pic it only burned a small area of the ice touching/surrounding the flames. If Ama' was super hot it should have instantly melted the ice thus freeing at the very least most of Sasuke's body or have his arm free to move. So it isn't threatening if you have something in between you and the other.

Degree of Burn it causes with in time lengths:

This is a chart on how the Degree levels Roughly Look like on the human skin.

Based on the manga facts when it actually connected with Humans, it only left around 2nd degree burns when put out with in several seconds, and about 3rd degree burns tops when for prolonged periods. It isn't even hot enough to reach 4th Degree and breach the Human skin. When Nagato's for Several minutes, only his Left edo arm (which isnt the same as a , since it has no inners when Harmed) was even remotely burned bad. And he was burning for minutes!!! That speaks volumes on how long it takes for a ninja to burn and for Ama' to breach the skin.

And based on ^^^ this scan alone, Ama' takes forever to burn through Regular Armor not thicker then a inches. And with Armor or something like armor layered around your body; it protects you from the heat affects and leaves you unharmed!

Speed in which it takes Amaterasu to Burn something completely:

[video=youtube;4nvDDOHoWa4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nvDDOHoWa4[/video]

The Video above^^ Shows a standard fire and how long it roughly takes for fire to consume wood/tree/leafs etc. And it should be pretty fast. But lets multiply that Christmas tree by 5, and still the tree would burn in about 6 minutes. And that is regular fire keep in mind. Now lets go to the super fire and see how long it takes to burn regular trees:

As seen above^^ Even though it took Naruto and Company a good amount of time to enter the area (and the Sasuke and Itachi fight when Ama' was used has long since passed btw). Ama' still hadn't burn even 50% of the trees. SMH... Aye had his arm Burned and literally kept fighting and even talked before he removed the flames (that he didn't complain about btw). If Ama burned fast or rather can kill fast, he should have not been able to do what he did with no diff.
So lets break it down for the ones who didn't read or get it.

1. Temperature: It isn't the hottest thing in the NarutoVerse based on feats. Nor does it get rid of every target asap.

2. Ama's heat AOE: It doesn't give off great heat signature's, and you are not affected majorly unless directly hit. And even then Armor's, shields and other methods can protect you from the flames.

3. Degree or damage it causes: It doesn't do major damage unless you burn for longer periods of time (like all fire). But if you have a way to endure or get rid of the fire, at the very best you would have only First Degree or Second Degree burns. With 1st and 2nd degree burns a ninja can easily fight like normal once the fire is gone. Or if you could kill/fight while it's still in the earlier stages of burn while the fire is on you to at the very least make a "Tie" since you would eventually die if the fire is not rid of eventually.

4. Speed in which it burns: It doesn't burn or kill you asap, you still are able to fight and or move if you are a ninja tolerant of pain, can heal, have armor/shield etc etc.

Overall the tech is powerful in its own right, but it isn't beating every ninja. Plenty of ninjas can combat against an Ama user and survive after it has been used against them. This is only intended to show Ama/enton effects, not the MS user AND Ama' entirely together (i.e. Ms and EMS, Sasuke and itachi).

Styles

Legendary
Kin
16💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What if the user is actually focusing on you using Amaterasu like what Sasuke did vs Danzo he burned pretty fast

U_U But i do see your point.

V h o

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Didn't the manga say it was hot as a sun, although that's probably another overstatement. Ama is hyped because it doesn't come off so easily. It can be dodge by speed, absorbed by preta, etc. but unless the user cancels the attack ama stays on the target (I think).

Edit: If you want to debunk an over hyped attack go for KA, kamui, frog song, or even tsukuyomi.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shinobi2000

Draegod

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
it can kill....
If you do nothing..

The hype was or should have been debunked since the chapter Obito was hit with it and survived.
True, but many are so stubborn I had to bring it to light and end the talk for future purposes in a sense.

What if the user is actually focusing on you using Amaterasu like what Sasuke did vs Danzo he burned pretty fast

U_U But i do see your point.
Thanks. And with Danzou, Danzou simply used Izanagi to cancel what happened, which is why karin quickly turned her head to warn he was behind sasuke already preparing a jutsu. So in short, That Ama did nothing at all to Danzou in particular since he can turn even a wound into a dream.

BLAZE

Immortal
Kin
4💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Didn't the manga say it was hot as a sun, although that's probably another overstatement. Ama is hyped because it doesn't come off so easily. It can be dodge by speed, absorbed by preta, etc. but unless the user cancels the attack ama stays on the target (I think).

Edit: If you want to debunk an over hyped attack go for KA, kamui, frog song, or even tsukuyomi.
Lmao use Amaterasu and earth goes poof.
OT:Amaterasu is useless against enhanced body flicker,S/T techs and regenration[if user cuts the part like A ] and rinnegan users and GODS

Draegod

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

The sun's heat would instantly incinerate life on earth if Ama was capable of that type of heat. lol So yea it was just hype. haha

And yea what you stated is the basic reason why it is deadly. The fact it doesn't come off easy nor stop burning fast like regular fire makes it difficult. And don't worry I plan on debunking all the hyped ninjas/jutsu's. I'll post when it's random or what not.

U can cut your arm off like Ay
True, but that was a bit extreme. haha

Try telling Draegod you can only lead a naruto base user to truth. He puts his foot on the back of their head and stomps it into the water.
lmao My niguh KoA!! Aint seen you on here in a good minute! But you know how i hate when ppl uses the same comment over and over, but they don't know it's true worth. I was pretty nice about it though! haha

Reactions: kakashi owns all

Styles

Legendary
Kin
16💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
If you do nothing..

True, but many are so stubborn I had to bring it to light and end the talk for future purposes in a sense.

Thanks. And with Danzou, Danzou simply used Izanagi to cancel what happened, which is why karin quickly turned her head to warn he was behind sasuke already preparing a jutsu. So in short, That Ama did nothing at all to Danzou in particular since he can turn even a wound into a dream.
:mad:_@: Then what about when Itachi was focusing inside the toads stomach it burned a huge hole fast.....then it started burning slow :shy: Maybe the hype is only real if they are actually focusing on something that's there.

kakashi owns all

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The sun's heat would instantly incinerate life on earth if Ama was capable of that type of heat. lol So yea it was just hype. haha

And yea what you stated is the basic reason why it is deadly. The fact it doesn't come off easy nor stop burning fast like regular fire makes it difficult. And don't worry I plan on debunking all the hyped ninjas/jutsu's. I'll post when it's random or what not.

True, but that was a bit extreme. haha

lmao My niguh KoA!! Aint seen you on here in a good minute! But you know how i hate when ppl uses the same comment over and over, but they don't know it's true worth. I was pretty nice about it though! haha
Nicer then you used to be lol.

SasoriOfTheRedSaand

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm gonna have to agree, Draegod. I've always seen this technique as a threat due to its speed and the sheer difficulty in avoiding it, rather than the damage it does, which to be honest, is borderline disappointing.

V h o

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Yeah I pretty sure its hype, then again madara's PS supposedly destroys all of creation or some foolishness.

Draegod

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
:mad:_@: Then what about when Itachi was focusing inside the toads stomach it burned a huge hole fast.....then it started burning slow :shy: Maybe the hype is only real if they are actually focusing on something that's there.
Yea I know, confusing because of the hype at first. But regarding the Toad mouth incident, the TM was very very soft and not as durable as say normal Human. It's like the inside of your mouth compared to the outside. Your inner cheeks are quicker and easier to damage compared to your otter cheeks and skin. Plus the fact he had a to exploit when escaping which helped burned the escape route.

Nicer then you used to be lol.
lol True! I guess i'm learning to just let things slide easily. haha

I'm gonna have to agree, Draegod. I've always seen this technique as a threat due to its speed and the sheer difficulty in avoiding it, rather than the damage it does, which to be honest, is borderline disappointing.
Agreed! I'm Glad i'm not the only one that was trippin and seen it wasn't the end all be all jutsu many make it out to be.

Draegod

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yeah I pretty sure its hype, then again madara's PS supposedly destroys all of creation or some foolishness.
Yea that Hype is beyond retarded as well. But atleast with that statement he packs enormous power behind it. haha But Obv it isn't destroying or ripping the universe itself apart. lol

Obito got rid of it.
Indeed, and Obito has many ways to deal with it no diff.

u got me to remake a old tread :O

sidenote

people are so damn stupid i dont even know anymore
Bro you aint never lied. haha I just got tired of all the "Amaterasu GG" comments. smh