Legendary
Kin
10💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I'll make thisn one longer than other two to finish this arc. If you want to see the rest of the story let me know.

Chapter 3​

It takes 12 hours to get to their destination as Ro was forced to witness the girls temper and watch as she forces Jerome to help her use the bathroom away from the sight of certain “pervs” and later discuss the plan of action. Upon arrival outside the fence they put their plan into action.

Alisa walks up to the front gate with her frostbitten hands out as Ro and Jerome hide in the bushes. The guards see her hands and approach her with concerned looks on their faces. As they leave their posts Ro and Jerome slip inside and duck behind a tent as they scope out the base. “All we got to do is find the stones.” Ro whispers. “If I’m compatible we should be fine. I’ve seen enough anime to know what to do.” “What is anime?” Jerome asks. “Oh right...maybe I should find a way back after all.” “Look.” Jerome points. “On the other end of the camp there’s a tent that looks more heavily guarded than the others. It must be in there.” “Let’s go then” Ro whispers as they begin to move. “Why did we do this in broad daylight again?” “I don’t know, I guess we were rushing.” They skirt around 6 soldiers before getting behind the tent in question and Ro cuts a slit in the back of the tent with his knife. “Hurry.” He gestures to Jerome and ducks inside. “Shit”

Inside the tent is an important looking man who turns around in surprise almost choking on a piece of bread. The man yells “INTRUDER!!!” as Ro and Jerome take off through the camp dodging soldiers but soon they realize that no one is chasing them. “What’s going on?” Ro asks looking around at the seemingly deserted camp. “It seems they’re moving to the perimeters to try and trap us.” “Then let’s find the rocks and get the hell out of here.” The two run through the interior tents and find nothing. “Looks like this was a failure. I hope Alisa is okay up front.” Ro says as they approach the perimeter and the soldiers come into view. “Wow.” Jerome exhales. About one hundred soldiers in total line this end of the fence alone each soldier with a partner posted every five feet. “How’re we going to get through that?” “Magic.” Ro answers while pointing at two rocks in a nearby tent. “Can’t believe they left the flap open.” “Let hurry before they notice.” Jerome says leading the way as two guards immediately notice their approach.

“Figures.” Ro says as they break out in a full sprint. The guards with their armor are much slower but that doesn’t stop them from calling out for reinforcements. Ro ignores the guards and grabs for the nearest stone as the guards close in. Immediately Ro screams in pain as the stone melts into his palm. Jerome stands in front of his body as the guards slice the cloth from outside and rip the upper half off before surrounding them. “Well.” says the commander as he walks towards them. “You seem to be quite intent on taking my magic stones when you can easily find your own in the wilderness.” Ro regains his composure and faces the commander while holding his hand. “We don’t have time for that.”
“What’s the rush?” The commander asks. “Does it have anything to do with this decoy we captured outside the gate?” Two guards step forward and toss a seething Alisa to the ground in front of them. “Give me the other stone.” she growls. Jerome moves to press the second stone to her body as it begins to melt into his own hand to his utter surprise. “You idiot!” she yells. The commander sighs and steps back. “Kill them.” The closest ring of surrounding guards draw their spears and inch forward as the second row draws swords and do the same. Ro extends his hands confidently and looks dejected and suddenly terrified when nothing happens. He gasps and looks to Jerome before preparing to face his death. “Shit.”

The guards speed up to impale the two boys and girl when a dark flame suddenly erupts around Ro and pushes everything away from him including his allies. “Holy crap.” He smiles as he extends his arm towards the commander. A large wall of black flame-like magic bursts from his palm and wipes out every soldier in that direction including the commander. The soldiers all simultaneously throw their spears and Ro extends both of his arms blasting away everything in the air. The soldier then drop their weapons and scatter as Ro kills a large number of them and laughing as easily as if he were playing a video game. He picks up Alisa and Jerome follows as they head back towards their wagon amidst the chaos when an abnormally large soldier blocks his path. “I may be late but I can’t let you get away with killing my brothers.” He says steadily. “I can’t control my powers yet are you sure you want to try me today?” Ro asks. “That’s exactly why.” The man says as he stomps the ground catapulting Ro into the air.

Ro flies high into the air as his companions look on helplessly. “He has earth magic!!” Alisa yells up to him. “I can see that!!” Ro yells back as he begins his decent. The earth magician stomps again as Ro nears the ground shooting a pillar of rock straight at him. Ro sees the pillar and shoots a blast of black magic at the pillar pushing him out of danger as he softens his landing with a similar blast. “It seems that you can only use bursts of your magic for now.” The earth soldier says. “You need to train a hundred hours longer to beat me.” “Yeah, well there is more than one of us.” Ro says pointing behind the earth magician. Jerome charges the much larger man and chops his hamstring with the side of his hand causing his leg to give out. The soldier quickly punches the ground and his body is covered by a small dome of rock acting as a shield.

Ro builds up his magic to do a full power burst when the ground erupts beneath his feet and the small pieces of rock cut and slice his skin before two large rocks appear from two sides and threaten to crush him. Ro spins and releases a burst of magic which protects him from the rocks and he propels himself into the rock dome with Jerome at his heels. “GO!” Ro yells to Jerome who responds immediately. The soldier quickly forms a number of stone spikes from the ground and shoots the spikes at them but Jerome jumps as Ro pushes a layer of his magic under Jerome’s body shielding him from the deadly projectiles.

As Jerome lands his face suddenly takes on a new level of focus as he twists to avoid the last few rock pillars before stabbing his palm into the soldier’s solar plexus followed by four quick hits to his arms and legs. “Ahhh. Impossible.” The soldier groans in pain. “I can’t move.” Jerome stands over the defeated man. “That’s right. I cut the tendons in your arms and legs. I figured I had the healing power when I suddenly lost all the small cuts on my arms. And if I can heal the body I should be able to destroy the body right?”

Ro walks up to the man and sits down next to him. “Now you’re going to tell me about these magic stones and how they work.” “Only if you agree to let me live.” He responds. “And why would we do that?” Ro asks. “This was a stealth mission and we got caught so we kill all survivors or die ourselves. Isn’t that how it works?” “And your survival would cause problems for us.” “My name is Bruce Grey.” The man pleads. “I’ll swear my loyalty to you who bested me if you let me go.” Ro raises an eyebrow. “You can’t be serious. Well in any case you’re going to answer my questions.” “Anything.” “How do these stones work and how many are there?” Bruce looks at Ro and Jerome and sighs. “The stones are found in numerous places and are highly abundant but there aren’t many people who are compatible with them. The people who are compatible with the stones are called Elementals. We can be incredibly powerful but if we act up too much the townspeople will cut off our limbs in our sleep. If the body part where the stone is absorbed is cut then that person loses the ability to use magic forever. Most magic users are also not capable of taking out entire armies as you are. Most can only do basic magic in their element enough to help them in their everyday lives or to be a performer.”

“So how many types of magic stones are there?” Ro asks.

“Nobody knows.” Bruce continues. “You cannot tell the power until the stone is absorbed. But the most common powers are the elements fire, water, earth and air, hence the name Elementals. The rarer types include lightning and your very own Darkness and Healing powers. Nobody knows the full scale of their powers as it varies from person to person but it is said that the water elemental in the hood who is known as a terrorist around the kingdom is the strongest ever and that he can even level entire buildings with his magic.”

“Tell us more about him.” Jerome demands. “We were attacked not long ago by a water elemental.” “No one knows much about him. Only that he is mysterious and that he hates the capital. Rumor has it he’s planning something big soon.” “Well.” Ro says stretching as he stands up. “We’re going to go see him soon anyway and if you see him tell him we’re coming. Jerome heal his legs and let’s go.” “You’re just going to leave me here?” Bruce asks. “Yeah.” Ro says walking away. “Can’t have you following us, Can we?” Jerome stands up and taps Bruce’s legs before walking out of the manmade cave with Ro. “He should be up before long.” Ro nods his approval. “Nice teamwork back there man.” “You too my friend.” Jerome agrees with a smile. “You want to see how they shake hands in my world?” Ro asks him.
“Sure.” Jerome says instantly regretting it as Ro shows him. “That’s way too complicated for me.” “Don’t worry you’ll get it soon enough.”

Alisa stands at the front gate waiting for them. “What took you so long down there?” She asks. “Ah a little interrogation is all.” Ro responds with a devious smile. “I’m surprised you stayed here for so long and didn’t come looking for us.” Jerome says. “Well, I didn’t know what was going on. I don’t have powers remember.” “So guess what Alisa? We know what power Jerome has now.” “What?” Jerome turns to her holding his hands out to her. “I can heal you hands now.” Alisa’s faces lights up and she smiles uncontrollably. “What are you waiting for? Do it now!!” Jerome nods and grabs her hands and then drops them. “Done.” “How’d you learn to do that so fast?” Ro asks as Alisa flexes her hands and punches a tree before an obvious attempt at controlling an excited outburst. “Excuse me guys I have to use the bathroom. Alone.” She says as she disappears into the trees. “Well.” Jerome pauses. “I just feel like I can naturally do it without much thought. All I do is aim for a particular organ, tendon or muscle and thing heal or destroy and it happens. I think the only drawback is that I have to make physical contact for my power to work.” “Interesting.” Ro says. “My power is more of the same. I just think block attack and shape and it happens. I wonder if all the other powers are this easy.”

The boys jump when they hear a loud gasp a little ways from the direction Alisa disappeared into the trees. “I wonder what she’s doing back there.” Ro asked with a hinting look on his face. “GUYS!! She yells. “Look what I found in the woods.” “What?” She smiles widely. “This!” She exclaims as she shoots a fire ball at Ro that he barely blocks in time. “What? Where did you find a stone?” He asks genuinely surprised. “What kind of fortune cookie did you open while we were gone?” “Fortune cookie?” Jerome asks. “Never mind.” Ro says as Alisa creates and snuffs out small flames in her palm. “It’s amazing. I found a fire stone in the stream. Now we can proceed with our plans without issue.” Alisa says flashing as maniacal smile. “Yeah.” Ro said. “I heard the hooded guy say he’s going to the capital when he attacked us so that’s where we’ll go. But first we need to hone our powers and find a way to get some supplies.” “Let’s go back to the city.” Jerome suggests. “We’ll figure something out once we’re there.” Alisa hops into the wagon and beckons for the boys to join her. “Hurry up.” Ro looks to Jerome before hopping on the wagon himself. “You know she’s starting to grow on me.” “Yeah, tell me about it.” Jerome says climbing in after them.

Last edited: