Legendary
Kin
10💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Ro exchanges a pair of shorts for two gold coins that Frank says should be good for six meals. Waving goodbye to the caravan, Ro sets off into the city for food and drink followed by a little exploring before he has to return to get the map from Frank. A little ways up the road a crowd is gathered in a circle surrounding somebody. Curious as to what it is Ro squeezes through the crowd to get closer. In the center of the crowd a man juggles what seem to be balls of water. Ro watches almost as if in a trance as the man throws the balls ten meters in the air turns them to ice and lets them drop into his hand and explode into a cloud of steam. The crowd cheers as he bows and the circle of people begin to slowly disperse. Ro makes his way over to the man curious as to how he can control water like a bender from a certain TV show.

“Hey man, that was really cool.” Ro says tapping the man’s shoulder. “How did you do that?” The man turns around with a smile. “No hello?” “Hello.” Ro responds. “My name is Houd pleased to meet you.” Houd holds out his hand and Ro takes it only to feel his hand begin to freeze. “**** dude!” Ro yells as he yanks his hand away. “Just having a bit of fun you see.” Houd says with a smile as Ro glares at him. “How do you do that trick with the water?” Houd exhales before speaking. “It’s simple really. It’s magic.” “Magic?” Ro says raising an eyebrow. “Yes, magic. You find a certain type of rock from who knows where and if it’s compatible it should absorb into your palm or whatever you touch it with first.” Ro smirks “Really? And where did you absorb yours?” Houd smiles even wider now. “Ah, now that’s a secret.” “I see. And where do you find these ‘rocks’?” “Around my boy, just keep your eyes open.” Ro nods at houd. “Thanks for the info I’m off to find one now.” “I wish you success then.” Houd says as he turns to walk away.

Ro slowly turns away and begins walking around randomly to waste time before he has to meet Frank again. During his meandering he watches the people he walks past and notices more magic users doing their thing among the normal people without any problems. ‘It seems this isn’t going to be one of those worlds where the people hate magicians at least’. The sky soon becomes dark as Ro sits on a three story rooftop overlooking the few blocks in front of him. After walking around and messing around he sat to reflect on this new world and whether or not he wants to stay here or go back to his old world. For now Ro gets up to head to the forest edge to meet Frank about his maps. Upon arriving Ro notices a body lying on the ground and rushes over to check the man’s condition.

Ro leans down to inspect the body that seemed to be covered in a light frost. “Isn’t this Jerome?” He says to himself. “Shit.” Ro quickly checks the pulse and satisfied with the results he stands and pulls out his knife. Similar to the way police raid a house Ro turns corners and searches for any other bodies and people when he hears a scream in the distance. Running in the direction of the scream he finds a small cottage and kicks in the door. Inside he sees a hooded man holding Alisa who’s bound with ice on her hands, feet and mouth. “Hey stop or I’ll stab you.” Ro yells waving the knife. “Stab me?” The man shakes his head. “Go ahead.” Ro glares at the man while imagining all the scenarios of what can happen to him and decides its best not to blindly charge him. Instead Ro throws the knife at him. The man holds out his hand and blocks the knife with ice. “Tch, If only I had a gun right now.” Ro mumbles now powerless to do anything. “What do you want with her?” He asks the hooded man. “Well, I got bored on my way to the kings castle so I decided to drop by here first.” The hooded man says with a gesture. “So you kidnap her?” Ro asks. “No I was thinking along the lines of something a little…” He pauses to whisper in Alisa’s ear. “Quicker.” Ro’s stomach erupts with butterflies as he faces the magician and charges the man who in turn drops Alisa and knocks Ro down with a fist reinforced with ice. “You never had a chance without magic. It is illegal law for magic users to attack normal folk after all. Come back when you’re stronger my boy. I have some information you might be interested in.” The man says as Ro drifts off into unconsciousness.

Ro wakes up to Jerome splashing a bucket of water on his face. He looks around to Alisa with a malicious expression on her face as she stares into space. “What happened after I blacked out?” Jerome whispers so as not to disturb Alisa. “Frank was killed and it seems Alisa has lost use of her hands after getting severe frost bite from the ice cuffs. Luckily the one on her mouth melted before it got too bad.” “Shit. What can we do for her?” “I don’t know man.” Jerome says sadly. “I feel like it’s my fault since I was supposed to be protecting them.” “Well.” Ro starts. “It kind of w…” “I’ll kill him.” says Alisa fiercely. “I will find a magic stone and then I will kill him.” “Are they really so easy to find?” Ro asks. “They say that if you feel like you really need one you will find one.” Jerome says. “Oh really? I’ll help you on your revenge quest then. I want this magic power.” “I’ll join too.” Jerome says. “I feel responsible for this so I’ll see this through to the end.” “But first.” Ro says looking at Alisa. “We need to heal your hands.” “The magic will take care of that.” She says. “One of you are bound to get the healing power, and if not we’ll find someone who already does.” “Good so where do we go first?” “Well.” Jerome starts. “It seems they have a whole bunch of the ‘Magic’ rocks at an imperial army camp near here. It seems like they are trying to make super soldiers or something with them but they can only use a select few who are compatible with them. ” “Let’s go then.” Alisa says. “The faster I get the use of my hands back the better.” As they prepare for the trip Ro retrieves up his knife from the cottage and sighs before smiling to himself. “Interesting.”