Jonesy161

Regular
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
I was just wondering about Edo Tensei, Nagato and Tobi's story. It doesn't seem to add up unless I forgot something somewhere in the manga.

According to Tobi, he gave Nagato those eyes. So that would mean that these eyes aren't a part of Nagato's actual genetic makeup.

According to Kabuto, Edo Tensei requires one's genetic makeup to recreate the ninja's body to bring them back from the other world. The genetic makeup allows the body to use all of it's past abilities except for abilities given to that user. He even gave an example that reviving Itachi would have Itachi in full power, including the Sharingan, but reviving Kakashi per say, Kakashi would be revived WITHOUT the sharingan as it wasn't part of his genes.

Also, researching on one's body would also not bring about special added powers unless it was part of their genetic makeup. Danzou for instance, if revived, would not have the sharingans in his arm nor Hashirama's powers since it's not a part of his actual genetic makeup.

Nagato's body was revived with it, so that means it was part of his body since conception. So the question is...

Did Tobi actually give Nagato those eyes? Would/Can Edo Tensei possibly play a role in discovering Tobi's secrets?

Jonesy161

Regular
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
it brings them back to the state they were in just b4 they died
Then that means that if Kakashi died with the sharingan still and was resurrected with Edo Tensei, then he would still have the Sharingan. Kabuto stated it when Tobi asked about ET and it's weaknesses, Kabuto said that ET will not bring back the user with given powers not part of their genes, so even if Kakashi died with the Sharingan, ET will not bring Kakashi back with the sharingan, just his normal eye.

Beastbomb

Regular
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Awards
Your theory does hold merit it looks like another case of one thing contradicting the other I do slightly remember reading a few posts from other respected members on NB that Kakashi would be revived without the sharingan because it wasn't his to begin with. So it does pose the question was Nagato given the rinnegan? or was he dorn with it?

Kirin Rei

Regular
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
2,500๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Hanzo with salamander poison?
Edo Madara with EMS?
The Kin and Gin brothers with Kyuubi chakra?

Those are traits that weren't originally theirs, yet they were revived with them.

I think this ends the discussion. :|

PS: I'm disregarding Hashi DNA imbued Edo Madara because Kabuto stated that it was a special case.

Shame

Veteran
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
He might have lied but I doubt it Nagato was uzumaki not uchiha and the fact is there was only two sets of those eyes madara s and the so6p possibly madara s brother could have those as well but not likely

Jonesy161

Regular
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Then Madara should also not have Harashima's power then.

maybe what kabuto should say is "their full power before they died will be able to be used by the Edo's."
According to Kabuto, both he and Oro revived Edo Madara ages ago and performed alterations to the body. It was revived without that Hashirama face and possibly more powers, it was constructed to have it AFTER Madara was revived.

Hanzo with salamander poison?
Edo Madara with EMS?
The Kin and Gin brothers with Kyuubi chakra?

Those are traits that weren't originally theirs, yet they were revived with them.

I think this ends the discussion. :|

PS: I'm disregarding Hashi DNA imbued Edo Madara because Kabuto stated that it was a special case.
Haha no it doesn't? The sharingan belongs to Madara. The powers they unlocked with their own traits still revives with them.
The Kin and Gin brothers? The Kyubi chakra molded with them. We were told by Tsunade that chakra is on a molecular level. The Kyubi's chakra and the brother's chakras could have molded and recreated a section of their genes.
Hanzo, I'm not fully aware of his salamander poison and what not so I can't really think of a reason to why he still has it.

Last edited:

Kirin Rei

Regular
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
2,500๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Haha no it doesn't? The sharingan belongs to Madara. The powers they unlocked with their own traits still revives with them.
The Kin and Gin brothers? The Kyubi chakra molded with them. We were told by Tsunade that chakra is on a molecular level. The Kyubi's chakra and the brother's chakras could have molded and recreated a section of their genes.
Hanzo, I'm not fully aware of his salamander poison and what not so I can't really think of a reason to why he still has it.
You're missing the point here.

What I was trying to state was that foreign implants like eyes, poison sacks and even imbued chakra come along with the revived Edo Tensei.

Hell, even curse marks and seals are there. Look at Hizashi, Neji's father.

Hanzo implanted a poison sack from a salamander. That's why he had to wear a mask, he became toxic, even to himself.
He was revived with said poison sack, although it wasn't part of his original genetic make up.
Even if you claim that doing so altered his DNA, that sets a basis to having the Rinnegan altering Nagato's.

That's why your point is moot.

edo tensai wilmaso

Regular
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
edo tensai madara is only that strong because he's a special edo-tensei , also i agree with the fact that you are brought back the way you were at the moment you died it's been said more than once in the series. so if nagato died with the rinengann then he must be brough back with it just like kakashi would also be brought back with it, the same reason the seven swordsman still have their swords. it is also the same reason that the jin-kin brothers have that chakra because they were stuck in the stomach of the ninetiails and were eating it's chackra (that is some crazy bs) but yeah,

edo tensai wilmaso

Regular
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
his trump card is madara but only because he did an upgrade on that specific edo-tensei not all of them or that his edo-tensei powers got better, edo tensei madara is specially made , that is why madara is all like beasting , he hasn't tried any of those moves, i believe before he died he was older than what he looks now.