Trait Points
0⚔️
Edo Itachi vs Minato

Starting Distance: 35m
Intel: Full
Intent: To Kill
Mindset: IC
Restrictions: KA, RDS
Stipulations: Itachi starts in his Ribcage susanoo, minato starts with a kunai in his hand

I have seen majority of people claim that EMS sasuke w/o Legged susanoo or PS can take out MInato, yet Edo Itachi cannot, which makes little to no sense considering both of their arsenals are pretty much the same
I am generally of the opinion that Minato wins but i can make an argument for itachi too,

so who wins?

Gold Lightning

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yata mirror reflects Minato when he tries to touch Susanoo to mark it, so....Itachi camps in V4 and outlasts.
XD

Then Minato shunshins around the Susanoo and touches the back or uses multiple clones. He ain't shilling his entire Susanoo. Or he uses FCD on top of Susanoo and then indirectly teleports the Susanoo from on top of Bunta.

Izanamı.

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Sasuke can coat his v4 with Enton so Minato can't teleport his only defence away.
Don't see how Itachi can do something similar.

Gold Lightning

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Sasuke can coat his v4 with Enton so Minato can't teleport his only defence away.
Don't see how Itachi can do something similar.
Sasuke can coat his ribcage, when has he ever coated his entire Susanoo? even if he could cost some of his Susanoo, he can't cover every single inch of it. Not to mention clones can still sacrifice themselfs to touch Susanoo and FTG it before they go poof. And considering how long amaterasu takes to burn, I'd say it's really not a problem.

Izanamı.

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Sasuke can coat his ribcage, when has he ever coated his entire Susanoo? even if he could cost some of his Susanoo, he can't cover every single inch of it.
If he can coat his ribcage he can also coat his higher forms (those that are not too big like PS). And even if you think v4 can't all be coated his v2-v3 can be coated for sure and all of it, not just parts. Sasuke has the chakra reserves and EMS gives him the ability to spam Enton w/o drawbacks.

Not to mention clones can still sacrifice themselfs to touch Susanoo and FTG it before they go poof. And considering how long amaterasu takes to burn, I'd say it's really not a problem.
Clones would puff on contact by Amaterasu. Unless you think Minato's clones have some sort of durability that can endure the heat even if Amaterasu burns slowly.

Gold Lightning

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
If he can coat his ribcage he can also coat his higher forms (those that are not too big like PS). And even if you think v4 can't all be coated his v2-v3 can be coated for sure and all of it, not just parts. Sasuke has the chakra reserves and EMS gives him the ability to spam Enton w/o drawbacks.

Clones would puff on contact by Amaterasu. Unless you think Minato's clones have some sort of durability that can endure the heat even if Amaterasu burns slowly.
Yet Sasuke has never coated anything higher than ribcage. So I guess your claims hold no weight here since it's just speculation.

Like I said, Sasuke cannot cover his entire Susanoo with flames. There will be an area open for contact. Clones don't even have to make c tact, minatos kunai can be thrown at the Susanoo as well and then he uses the kunai markings as his means of contact. The flames don't burn instantaneously, so Susanoo gets removed that way as well. If karin can endure the flames for several seconds without getting any major burns, then there is no worry here. Even the samurai Sasuke hit with ama was later cut free from the armor because of how long it took to burn through. Even Hebi Sasuke was hit with ama yet had enough time to snake replacement/shed his skin out of it

Then there's the fact that Minato can still touch Susanoo himself, despite the flames. Because he's already canonically used FTG to rid himself of amaterasu. When Mianto jumped in the way of Enton rasenshuriken, he used FTG and left the flames on his body behind.

Last edited:

Izanamı.

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Yet Sasuke has never coated anything higher than ribcage. So I guess your claims hold no weight here since it's just speculation.
It's not speculation when Sasuke already covered something like ribcage in 360 degree fashion and that was when he suffered from MS drawbacks and didn't even have have the huge chakra pool EMS Sasuke has.

Like I said, Sasuke cannot cover his entire Susanoo with flames. There will be an area open for contact. Clones don't even have to make c tact, minatos kunai can be thrown at the Susanoo as well and then he uses the kunai markings as his means of contact. The flames don't burn instantaneously, so Susanoo gets removed that way as well. If karin can endure the flames for several seconds without getting any major burns, then there is no worry here. Even the samurai Sasuke hit with ama was later cut free from the armor because of how long it took to burn through. Even Hebi Sasuke was hit with ama yet had enough time to snake replacement/shed his skin out of it
Enton arrow enhanced by COFRS was responsible for a flame that was the of Juubi's head which is the same size . Now tell me half the size of that can't be used to coat a regular ?

-Karin passed out form the pain
-Samurai was in intense and screaming from the heat despite his armour protecting him

I know Amaterasu burning feats aren't super impressive but they're enough for shadow clones because shadow clones have fodder durability feats.

They have been shown to puff from things like:

-regular flames [ - - ]

-shurikens

- kunais

So Amaterasu's heat makes them puff with 0 problem.

Then there's the fact that Minato can still touch Susanoo himself, despite the flames. Because he's already canonically used FTG to rid himself of amaterasu. When Mianto jumped in the way of Enton rasenshuriken, he used FTG and left the flames on his body behind.
No he can't. His hand would get burned. He jumped out of the way when he had a KCM cloak which canonically can tank Amaterasu and had the body of an Edo. Alive Minato has neither.

Last edited:

ARGUS

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
minato doesnt have to touch it directly to teleport it though
he tosses a kunai and the second its in contact with the susanoo, then he can teleport it away
using FCD liike GL said is also a good way to do it

but then again, itachi should be able to see and react to minato foot speed and his kunai attempts, as swinging sussanoos blade in a 360 degree motion should be able to prevent anything from coming close

the clones wont puff off that quickly when not even zetsus were burned that quickly otherwise they wouldnt be able to even function

Izanamı.

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
he tosses a kunai and the second its in contact with the susanoo, then he can teleport it away
Would FTG work that way though? If it does then I can agree. But wouldn't the paper that contains the FTG formula get burned by Enton that sorrounds Susano'o?

The toad would get burned and to Myoboku.

but then again, itachi should be able to see and react to minato foot speed and his kunai attempts, as swinging sussanoos blade in a 360 degree motion should be able to prevent anything from coming close
eliminates that possibility. And while Itachi is paralysed Minato teleports him out then seals him. Frog song can also be prepped since Itachi has nothing in his arsenal that can touch Minato so he can keep dancing around the battlefield until Frog Song is ready. Shima's confuses Itachi even more as he wouldn't know where Minato throws his kunais or how close Minato is.

Or Minato uses GL's strategy of indirect teleport using FCD like you said he could against Sasuke.

the clones wont puff off that quickly when not even zetsus were burned that quickly otherwise they wouldnt be able to even function
Yes they would. Shadow clones have mediocre durability feats. I'll repost my reply to Gold Lightning.

I know Amaterasu burning feats aren't super impressive but they're enough for shadow clones because shadow clones have fodder durability feats.

They have been shown to puff from things like:

-regular flames [ - - ]

-shurikens

- kunais

Last edited:

Gold Lightning

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
@ The Exile
Let's say Sasuke can cover his entire Susanoo, with black flames, I don't beleive it because there are plenty opportunities he could have, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. The flames burn extremely slow, and that is it's weakness. Applying a jutsu Shiki takes Minato a mere instant, a mere touch of his palm. Even if a clone gets hit by the flames, it's done its job, it's sacrificed itself to place a marking. It takes literally zero time at all. And yes Minato can do it himself, even Hebi Sasuke took those flames. I recall his exact words being "little flames like these won't stop me". So yeah if Sasuke had enough time to shed himself after receiving Amatarasu all over him, then Minato can instantly place a marking and teleport himself out of the flames. The kunai method also work, like I said, the flames burn slowly, I don't beleive it would burn the paper, but if it did, Minato can always mark the kunai (the metal part) itself (like how Tobirama does).

Karin was KO'd after getting whacked by bees tentacle, the flames didn't burn her skin :| just about burned through her clothing and that's all. Even Bee used a tentacle clone and didn't poof from amaterasu.

Izanamı.

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
@ The Exile
Let's say Sasuke can cover his entire Susanoo, with black flames, I don't beleive it because there are plenty opportunities he could have, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.
Okay. But really the manga showed he can and Sasuke showed flames huge enough to encase his v3-v4.

The flames burn extremely slow, and that is it's weakness. Applying a jutsu Shiki takes Minato a mere instant, a mere touch of his palm. Even if a clone gets hit by the flames, it's done its job, it's sacrificed itself to place a marking. It takes literally zero time at all.
The clones would puff instantly. I showed you how regular fire affected several shadow clones in the past in one go and things like kunai have made shadow clones puff instantly. Amaterasu burns slowly but its heat is very considerable and enough to damage a clone that has mediocre durability feats.

And yes Minato can do it himself, even Hebi Sasuke took those flames. I recall his exact words being "little flames like these won't stop me". So yeah if Sasuke had enough time to shed himself after receiving Amatarasu all over him, then Minato can instantly place a marking and teleport himself out of the flames.
Minato can't. What happens when you touch something hot? Your brain tells you to put your hand and arm back. You react so fast the brain doesn't let you to think about something else.

Same thing happens to Minato because he can't endure the heat.

When you touch a hot object: what will you most likely do? You would probably drop it immediately or move your hand away from the source. What if it was something cold? That would probably send some chills down your spine.

This is, again, because of your nervous system. You react so fast, that you don't even think about it happening. The nerve sends a impulse from the burning area to the burning spine. The sensory neurons enter the dorsal part of the spinal cord cell via the dorsal root of the spinal nerve. The cell bodies of these sensory neurons are located in a dorsal-root ganglion that lies just outside the spinal cord near its dorsal side. The axons of the sensory neurons then enter the spinal cord and synapse with inter neurons within the gray matter of the spinal cord. The inter neurons in turn synapse with motor neurons, the axons of which exit the cord ventrally via the ventral root, and conduct information to the muscles. In this reflex, a strong signal from the appropriate sensory cells both fires the flexor muscles and inhibits the motor neurons to the extensor muscles, and the hand is pulled back.. This crucial motor response is well under way before the signals responsible for the conscious sensation of pain (which exit the reflex pathway in the spinal cord) ever reach the brain.

Source:

Hebi Sasuke said little burns won't stop me when Itachi roasted him with regular Katon not Amaterasu. [ - ] And the exlamation he made showed that CM felt the heat of Itachi's fireball

You must be registered for see images

whew
fyo͞o/
exclamation
used to express surprise, relief, or a feeling of being very hot or tired.
"Whew—and I thought it was serious!"
synonyms: phew, thank goodness, thank God, what a relief
"whew, we got out just in the nick of time"
Take Minato someone with no CM durability and put it into a much hotter fire and you'll arrive to the conclusion the heat would make him pull back or damage his skin severely.

The kunai method also work, like I said, the flames burn slowly, I don't beleive it would burn the paper, but if it did, Minato can always mark the kunai (the metal part) itself (like how Tobirama does).
If FTG works this way I can agree.

Karin was KO'd after getting whacked by bees tentacle, the flames didn't burn her skin :| just about burned through her clothing and that's all.
Okay you were right about this. I reread the chapter when this happened. Karin still got , though she couldn't scream to show pain because she was unconscious.

Anyway scratch what I said about Karin getting unconscious by Ama.

Even Bee used a tentacle clone and didn't poof from amaterasu.
That's a feat for Hachibi and Bee not Minato or his base shadow clones.

Last edited:

KidGamer65

Supreme
Kin
8💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

That is not how Hiraishin works. Minato can only teleport things in contact with his chakra or himself. Not his Kunai or his markings.

Gold Lightning

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That is not how Hiraishin works. Minato can only teleport things in contact with his chakra or himself. Not his Kunai or his markings.
Didn't he imply that he could here:

And then he summons more kunai into his palm here: