Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
lol okay???
In all seriousness, that quote is correct when it comes to this world and the events that take place, but... unless something drastic changes between Russia and the US, it's unlikely.
Ikr...

:|

Well, yeah, considering it came out of Levi's mouth... :cool:

Not joking though, I don't think WW is happening... not. But planetary/continental plague? Possible.​

2nd hokage

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The u.s.a. and the UK. Have been working on a cure and treatment since the virus was discovered in the 1970s. Lime light hahahaha get a clue Ebola has been in the lime light like h.i.v. and aids. As they are class 4 viruses meaning 90% or higher mortality rate the biggest fear for this virus is that it will mutate to an airborne virus that spreads like the flu. One person out of the 800 we know have it is getting better so no worries. Watch the movie outbreak staring Cuba Gooding Jr and Dustin Hoffman the pictures of the virus in that movie are pictures of the Ebola virus and the movie is based on what would happen if it was set free as appears to be the case.

Parrish

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Ikr...

:|

Well, yeah, considering it came out of Levi's mouth... :cool:

Not joking though, I don't think WW is happening... not. But planetary/continental plague? Possible.
Hmm well, obviously it's possible, but I don't see that happening.

Sex

Banned
Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
wtf is wrong with them are they seriously going to risk the chance of a deadly disease spreading just to treat a few victims?
'Murica

Let's see what happens to the US after this and those infected with an incurable disease that only existed in Africa. u_u

Last edited:

Cornballs227

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This is bad.. super bad. I read about Ebola a few years ago, and I was glad knowing it was gone. Now knowing it's back, we could all be in serious danger. I really wouldn't want it, but if it gets so bad, people might start killing the infected ones if they can't cure it.

Wesobi

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Although it's quite awful, and countries have to keep a close eye like the UK is doing, you have to be somewhat realistic indeed.

Remember SARS? It was based in china, where the population and the density of the population (sorry for the wrong term, I'm not a native English speaker) is so high, everyone could be infected. It was over, though unfortunately after taking so many victims. I forgot if it had a cure or not ,as it was a sort of flu.

Don't forget though, Ebola doesn't spread through air, but through direct contact. If the manage to quarantine a high percentage of the people who have it, it's a good sign.

Also, 90% dies, but that 10% who do survive do make anti-bodies I believe (again, not sure). So that might be passed on to future generations. It seems a bit grim and sadist if you read what I'm saying, but that is the way of life.

Wabbit

Banned
Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Google for T virus it will show news about ebola.Co incident? It think not.
The virus will spread and kill all of us. Lets nuke it from the distance.

Although it's quite awful, and countries have to keep a close eye like the UK is doing, you have to be somewhat realistic indeed.

Remember SARS? It was based in china, where the population and the density of the population (sorry for the wrong term, I'm not a native English speaker) is so high, everyone could be infected. It was over, though unfortunately after taking so many victims. I forgot if it had a cure or not ,as it was a sort of flu.

Don't forget though, Ebola doesn't spread through air, but through direct contact. If the manage to quarantine a high percentage of the people who have it, it's a good sign.

Also, 90% dies, but that 10% who do survive do make anti-bodies I believe (again, not sure). So that might be passed on to future generations. It seems a bit grim and sadist if you read what I'm saying, but that is the way of life.
I was thinking it would be something like black death if it spreads to countries like China or India before reading you post. I read that SAARS had no cure either and required isolation like negative room pressure but had 9.6 fatality rate.

Aim64C

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
There is no vaccine, no standard treatment, and the origin of the virus remains unknown. Ebola can't be also be treated by killing the virus.

You're a bit too optimistic... :/
Fortunately, Ebola is a relatively difficult disease to transmit. While all bodily fluids become infectious - it is not like the flu in that it is not an airborne disease.

Every other outbreak of Ebola has burned itself out. The virus can take about three weeks to 'burn' through a victim, and Africa's cultural 'lockdown' responses to disease outbreaks are generally sufficient to prevent the spread of the disease.

Where things get into trouble is when patients go to hospitals. Even in relatively modern hospitals - staff are highly likely to become infected and to be primary vectors for infection (although patient care standards are higher, so patient-to-patient transmissions should be lower). In most of Africa, however, the standards of care are fairly low, and most of the victims are people who were in a hospital or who attempted to care for loved ones.

Generally speaking, however, Ebola is a Level 4 biological contagion. It is one of the most feared viruses to work with because accidental exposure is essentially a death sentence to the worker. The Zaire strain of the virus has something like a 95-98% mortality rate among documented cases.

Although the virus does have a survival rate. For whatever reason, some people who contract it are able to fight off the viral infection. A major factor is the standard of health care received (and many of the mortality rates are likely very high simply because of the lower standards of care in Africa - as well as only being diagnosed later in the stages of the disease).

Since it requires direct contact with human bodily fluids and has such a nightmarish hemorrhagic process - it ends up inhibiting its own ability to spread/infect. The people most likely to infect you will have sagging faces, 'bloody stars' on their skin, and generally look like someone you should avoid if you value your health. You don't even have to know about ebola or an outbreak of it for your instincts to tell you that something's not quite right.

On the other hand - Small Pox would pretty much crush society if it got out despite it having a much lower incidence of mortality.

Reactions: Rιver