(Early Years Series) Chapter I ~ The Orphan Jinchúriki.

Rasnall

Elite
Kin
4💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Chaos. Villagers are running in all directions putting out fires and trying to save those crushed by rubble falling from buildings. House's, shop's, school's all gone in a flash. This village is known as Konohagakure .

A group of ninja's stand helpless as their hero dies in front of them, the barrier created by him keeps them from giving him aid. Then, everything is silent. The monster is gone, but bodies lay in the wake of it's path of destruction. The barrier begins to fade away, falling apart like the very fabric of the village itself. Then, out of the silence, a cry can be heard. A child lies at the center of the crumbling barrier, crying for the love and security of his parents. He does not know that they are lying on the ground next to him and that they will never hear his call.

..No....Minato...

A hand falls on the ninjas shoulder.

Sarutobi sir...what will we do now?! And...the boy?...is he..a...

It seems so Yamato....get a message to the council that the Hokage is dead! I will bring the boy to them immediately. Then begin organising the rescuing of the villagers. Understood?

Yes sir.

Yamato and several other ninja disperse with their orders while Sarutobi approaches the basket inbetween Minato and Kushina. Tears begin to fall down his face as he staggers closer and closer. The pain in his chest due to the death of student and friend has left him numb to everything else around him. He reaches the basket and looks down upon this now orphan child, a note is attached to his blanket, "Naruto Uzumaki". Sarutobi takes the child in his arms and takes one final look at his motionless friends. Then they both begin to cry together as the events of this night slowly slip into the light of another day.

Dawn breaks over the Hokage mountain. Pain and sorrow hang over the village like the very scars of the scorched earth now visible in the morning light. The Hokages office luckily took little damage from the attack, so inside, around an oval table sits, Sarutobi, Danzo and other council members. Naruto, still in his basket, is sleeping on a pedestal at the center of the table. Sarutobi stands to address the room.

Last night, the Nine tails fox appeared without warning and attacked our village. The cause for this is still unknown but the cost to save us was great. Our village is in ruins and hundreds of people have died, Ninja and civilians...even our Hokage, Minato and his wife Kushina were killed fighting the beast. But one thing we found is that before they died, they sealed the chakra of the Nine Tails into their son, Naruto. I can not tell you why they did this but I trust the judgement of our Hok....

A councilman raises his hand to interrupt him.

We are all saddened by the loss of Minato, Sarutobi. But we will be the ones now to decide the fate of the boy. He holds within him a great power that could destroy us or make us a superpower in the Ninja world we must...

Rage builds in Sarutobi's eyes as the emotions come flooding back into his chest.

HOW DARE YOU! THEY ARE NOT EVEN GONE A DAY AND YOU WOULD TURN THE BOY INTO A WEAPON!

Shouts Sarutobi as he slams his clenched fist down onto the table.

Why else would Minato have given him this gift? If not to benefit the village?

I...I don't know?! But..I will look after the boy! Teach him how to become a ninja! I can then look to find in him what Minato has planned.

Sarutobi you will not have the time...we have agreed that you should become Hokage again until we find another.

Danzo slowly rises from his chair gently placing both hands down on the table so to lean forward.

I believe I should become Hokage. It is my time, Sarutobi's time has been and gone. I will bring peace and stability to the village councilmen. I will also fully back your plans for the boy. He is to dangerous to be trusted with this power.

We have considered all our options Danzo, but the village needs someone they already know as their hero, this will give them the strength and drive to rebuild. A sudden new Hokage would only add to the confusion of the people. Not to mention, those who may question a conpiricy?! Well Danźo?

Without replying Danźo calmly takes his seat again as all eyes fall on him. As the tension in the room begins to rise a sudden noise from outside breaks the mood.

GET OUT OF MY WAY! WHERE IS SARUTOBI?! WHERE IS MINATO?!

Sarutobi was dreading the sound of this voice he knew all to well. Without saying a word Sarutobi stands from is chair and moves towards the door.

SARUTOBI!

He opens the door to find a long white haired ninja grappling with 4 others trying to gain entry into the meeting.

Jiraya....

He looks into his eyes and knows there is no need for words.

NO!......no......

Jiraya releases himself from the grip of the others and turns to walk out of the building.

Where are you going?

Jiraya walks away with his head down and his fists clenched as memories of his friend and student come rushing back to him. As he gets through the front door he can only manage three words.

To get revenge!