Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I F*CKING HATE DRAGON-BALL XENOVERSE

No like seriously, f*ck this game - I need to vent a little right now, because this game has already caused me to crush one of my controllers in my hands and I dont need to crush my second controller.

First of all, lets address the GOD AWFUL stamina/ki system. So the game has a separate bar for stamina and ki - okay so far so good. Ki is used obviously for ki blasts and ki based energy attacks. Stamina is used for just about everything else. Again, so far so good - pretty standard stuff for a fighting game. BUT THE WORST DESIGN CHOICE IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOUR STAMINA RUNS OUT! If your stamina runs out GG, your f*cked, throw the match now, because if your stamina runs out you cant do anything at all. You cant fly, you cant efficiently block, you cant even use attacks properly. And to top it off if you get hit while your stamina is out YOU GET F*CKING THROWN AROUND THE ENTIRE MOTHER F*CKING MAP ALL GOD DAMN DAY!!! Did ANYBODY test the combat system???!!!

But thats just the icing on the cake, because this game has THE MOST BROKEN LOOT SYSTEM I'VE EVER SEEN. Destiny has a better loot system than this f*cking game.

So in the Parallel Quests (the game's generic quest missions) there are a multitude of items, equipment, and even new attacks that you can obtain in all 55 PQ's as loot. HOWEVER THIS GAME USES A F*CKING RANDOM NUMBER GENERATOR FOR IT'S LOOT SYSTEM, AND LET ME TELL YOU THE ODDS OF OBTAINING THE ITEM YOU WANT IS SLIM TO F*CKING NONE!

You can be grinding a SINGLE PQ mission for HOURS UPON HOURS without obtaining what you're after - BUT TO MAKE THIS F*CKING SHIT EVEN WORSE, SOME OF THESE MISSIONS ARE THE HARDEST GOD FORSAKEN MISSIONS YOU'VE EVER HAD THE MISFORTUNE OF BEING SUBJECTED TOO.

I'm playing a mission right now where all I want is a single attack that has a small percentage of a chance from dropping in this mission. Let me lay out EXACTLY what needs to happen in order to have the PERCENTAGE of a chance to get the attack: First, you need to defeat SIX enemies who SPAM THE LIVING SHIT out of HARD TO DODGE attacks. BUT AS IF THAT WASNT BAD ENOUGH, you need to clear through these six enemies WITHOUT AN ALLIES HEALTH DROPPING BELOW 50%!!! WTF???!!! You cannot heal this ally, you cannot protect him, and nearly all six enemies go only after this ally and nearly all their biggest attacks can get his health below 50% in one hit. ARE YOU F*CKING KIDDING ME????!!!!! BUT THEN AFTER ALL THAT, THERE IS A PERCENTAGE OF A CHANCE THAT A SEVENTH ENEMY WILL SHOW UP, AND ONLY IF THIS ENEMY SHOWS UP AND ONLY IF YOU DEFEAT HIM WILL THERE BE A SMALL PERCENTAGE OF A CHANCE OF GETTING THE ATTACK I WANT!!! If the item doesnt drop, GOOD F*CKING LUCK MATE!

I am so sick of this bullshit. The game itself isn't that bad, but these mechanics are so HORRIBLY, CANCEROUS that I seriously dont know how this game was even released to the public. Let alone the fact that this shit wasnt patched.

If Xenoverse 2 is ANYTHING like these mechanics, which it most likely will since the game has only been in development for a year, then I will be saying F*CK THAT SHIT.

DominiqueX

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Maybe you just suck? Sorry.
:shy:

I mean, sure, the game has its flaws, but overall it's the best DB-game we ever got. Let's discuss your points.

First of all, lets address the GOD AWFUL stamina/ki system.
Well, first of all I'd like to ask which fighting-style did you use? And did you put many points into stamina? Since it's probably the most important skill in the game.

It's pretty easy to keep your stamina up if you use techniques that help you restore stamina. Like the absorbtion-techniques or the one which restores stamina in exchange for one small ki-bar. And do not spam evasion-moves, since that will kill your stamina very fast.

But thats just the icing on the cake, because this game has THE MOST BROKEN LOOT SYSTEM I'VE EVER SEEN. Destiny has a better loot system than this f*cking game.
Yup, that's actually a good point where I agree with you. But that issue is known by Dimps. They changed that system completely in the upcoming Xenoverse 2. Don't worry.

Another issue the game had was the Super-Saiyan Ki spam. This was annoying too and made the game less good than it could've been. But don't worry there either, as far as I heard around the E3, this system is changed as well. The Super-Saiyan skills won't give you infinite Ki anymore. And you won't be able to constantly run away either, since there will be a new dash-system in Xenoverse 2.

Styles

Legendary
Kin
16💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
:lol I know that feeling I've been trying to get big bang kamehameha I did the parallel quests over and over again always getting S and got every item on the list except big bang kamehameha. Then I was like okay let me try and get "I'm all psyched up now" Z soul and it was hella hard to get too. But my character was already OP he just needed stronger moves. Other than final flash.

Last edited:

Cfighter

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Maybe you just suck? Sorry.
:shy:

I mean, sure, the game has its flaws, but overall it's the best DB-game we ever got. Let's discuss your points.

Well, first of all I'd like to ask which fighting-style did you use? And did you put many points into stamina? Since it's probably the most important skill in the game.

It's pretty easy to keep your stamina up if you use techniques that help you restore stamina. Like the absorbtion-techniques or the one which restores stamina in exchange for one small ki-bar. And do not spam evasion-moves, since that will kill your stamina very fast.

Yup, that's actually a good point where I agree with you. But that issue is known by Dimps. They changed that system completely in the upcoming Xenoverse 2. Don't worry.

Another issue the game had was the Super-Saiyan Ki spam. This was annoying too and made the game less good than it could've been. But don't worry there either, as far as I heard around the E3, this system is changed as well. The Super-Saiyan skills won't give you infinite Ki anymore. And you won't be able to constantly run away either, since there will be a new dash-system in Xenoverse 2.
Well that is good to hear - I've been hesitant on if Im going to pick up Xenoverse 2 or not as the gameplay looks virtually identical, but if they really did revamp the loot system so its not based on pure chance then that may be all i need to sway my decision.

And I hope you understood that I was largely just blowing off steam :sweat:

The game is fun, Im glad I own it but damn does it make me rage at times. As for my play style, Im largely a strength build with the occasional ki ultimate attack. I definitely not the best player lol in fact I more than likely do very much suck at the game :p

:lol I know that feeling I've been trying to get big bang kamehameha I did the parallel quests over and over again always getting S and got every item on the list except big bang kamehameha. Then I was like okay let me try and get "I'm all psyched up now" Z soul and it was hella hard to get too. But my character was already OP he just needed stronger moves. Other than final flash.
Honestly, awhile back I caved and just bought DLC 3 which gives you access to Elder Kai as a mentor. If you spam his dialogue occasionally he'll read you a fortune and depending on what he tells you, your RNG rate goes WAY up, almost guaranteeing you whatever you're after.

jonnieboi05

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
"because this game has already caused me to crush one of my controllers in my hands and I dont need to crush my second controller."

Sorry (no, not really... I'm not sorry at all), but you have serious, deep-seeded issues. And I highly recommend that you seek anger management or some type of anti-anger pills. If you are that pathetic at controlling your emotions-- that a mere game is all it takes for you to destroy personal property-- then you need to truly reevaluate yourself and seek professional help (and stay away from video games).

DominiqueX

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Well that is good to hear - I've been hesitant on if Im going to pick up Xenoverse 2 or not as the gameplay looks virtually identical, but if they really did revamp the loot system so its not based on pure chance then that may be all i need to sway my decision.

The game is fun, Im glad I own it but damn does it make me rage at times. As for my play style, Im largely a strength build with the occasional ki ultimate attack. I definitely not the best player lol in fact I more than likely do very much suck at the game :p
I see. Yeah, I've been mad from time to time too. Farming Beerus' clothes or the Kid-Buu attacks was a pain, especially with ki-spamming NPC's. But I had a lot of fun with my female Majin who only used melee-attacks and strike-supers.

Concerning the quest-reward system. It has been said that each race will have its own personal loot/rewards. They didn't explain it but I assume Dimps will do so at the upcoming Anime Expo that goes from july 1st-4th, 2016.

Cfighter

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
"because this game has already caused me to crush one of my controllers in my hands and I dont need to crush my second controller."

Sorry (no, not really... I'm not sorry at all), but you have serious, deep-seeded issues. And I highly recommend that you seek anger management or some type of anti-anger pills. If you are that pathetic at controlling your emotions-- that a mere game is all it takes for you to destroy personal property-- then you need to truly reevaluate yourself and seek professional help (and stay away from video games).
Nah.

Hulk smash bro. Hulk smash.

You must be registered for see images

Styles

Legendary
Kin
16💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Honestly, awhile back I caved and just bought DLC 3 which gives you access to Elder Kai as a mentor. If you spam his dialogue occasionally he'll read you a fortune and depending on what he tells you, your RNG rate goes WAY up, almost guaranteeing you whatever you're after.
Lol I only bought 1 dlc and that was for ssb goku vegeta etc etc. That's it.

Cfighter

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Lol I only bought 1 dlc and that was for ssb goku vegeta etc etc. That's it.
Yeah thats the one :D

Good luck finding Elder Kai though lol, he's the rarest mentor to show up in Toki Toki city, but if you ever find him drop whatever you're doing and lock him in.

Styles

Legendary
Kin
16💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yeah thats the one :D

Good luck finding Elder Kai though lol, he's the rarest mentor to show up in Toki Toki city, but if you ever find him drop whatever you're doing and lock him in.
Haha I sold my Xenoverse now i'm just waiting for Xenoverse 2. And honestly I rather goku stay my mentor. Just wish they taught you better moves.

Last edited: