[Theory] Dragon is the most wanted man, and not just because he is the Revolutionary Leader

24 12 11 to troll

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Why is Monkey D. Dragon the most dangerous man in the world? Being the leader of the Revolutionary Army is all good, but without taking any actions he's still considered to be above the likes of the Worst Generation, Blackbeard and the other Yonkou. Being similarly influential, there must be something that sets Dragon apart from the others. This is a combination of two theories on Monkey D. Dragons past and his powers

To begin, we have to look at the Marines and mythology
Yes, that's right, Dragon is a former Marine. In fact he was a Marine Admiral and most likely knows the secrets of the Void Century.

It's common belief that the Admirals are matched to the Animals within the story of Momotaro. But I see it as just a coincidence. What's more likely to be the case is Chinese Mythology in which there are four seas, much like the One Piece world:

Each sea has a stangely coloured animal, and to boot, there's a Purple Tiger and Green Bull on mainland China according to mythology (Fujitora literally means Whisteria (shade of purple) Tiger, Green Bull literally means Ryokugyu)

North sea/North Blue contains a Yellow Monkey, Kizaru literally means Yellow Monkey
South sea/South Blue contains a Red Dog, Akainu literally means Red Dog
West sea/West blue contains a Blue Pheasant, Aokiji literally means Blue Pheasant
You must be registered for see images
BUT WAIT! There's one missing
East sea/East Blue = White Dragon, which translates to Shiroryuu
Coincidentally, Dragon's name is Dragon. Personally I don't think his real name is Dragon and it's more of an alias, taken from his Admiral nickname.

"But surely this is just coincidence?" Wrong.
His father was Monkey D. Garp, a hero of the Marines who has been shown to force unto Luffy and Ace his desire for them to become strong Marines. This is likely to have also been the case with Dragon

He knew Smoker on personal terms when he saved Luffy back in Loguetown too: as two members of the Marines, isn't that a little bit weird?

Not only does the mythology match up, but his origins and relations match up too. On top of that, there are reasons for him to side against the World Government. According to Kuzan he can now pursue justice in a different fashion, and sea things he could never see otherwise

Dragon had an interest in Robin. During the timeskip the two actually met. Why would he be interested in and want to make acquaintances with somebody who can read the Poneglyphs? Well, firstly, why not? And secondly because he was told the true history by Roger and wants confirmation of it. I can't find the panel, but it is said he was present at Loguetown and talked to Roger while he was in his cell before being taken to the platform. Knowing the true history and using the same reason as Kuzan, he's hoped to follow justice in his own way.

But this still doesn't explain his immense powers and it isn't entirely convincing that Dragon is the most dangerous man. There's another reason why he's the most wanted man in One Piece:
Weather control: Uranus
I believe ate Uranus. The strongest Devil Fruit in terms of destructive capacity.

Pluton is a highly overpowered battleship, and parallels Hades and Pluto, gods of the underworld

Poseidon is a Mermaid born every millenia able to control sea kings, paralleling Poseidon, god of the ocean

Uranus, father sky, was the god of the sky, the universe and all that is beyond. Uranus fought with all 25 of his sons and daughters and was only just defeated. We can deduce two things from this:
1. It is the most powerful of the three weapons
2. It has the ability to control and manipulate weather and natural disasters
Uranus has also been tipped as being capable of causing global scale destruction

Coincidentally, Dragon has the same abilities. He caused an obscure and strangely single and pin point accurate lightning strike to save Luffy. On top of this he created a hurricane in Loguetown and is always seen when it is raining. He even called the weather a "storm of justice", hihgly inferring to his abilities as weather manipulation and not just a coincidence. This also supports the idea of pursuing justice in ways other than the Marines, therefore implying and strengthening the case that he was a former Marine:
Yeah it's always either rainy or windy with Dragon around

With his name, Dragon, and his Alias, White Dragon, it's easy to hazard a guess at what type of Devil fruit it will be. A mythical Zoan. Dragons boat has Chinese Dragons running down the side of his ship, which matches the Chinese mythology used earlier in identifying his Admiral name:

It's important to note that all Chinese Dragons could control the weather, although the most powerful of all these Dragons is Shenlong, the "rain bringer". Dragon is clearly the "rain bringer" in One Piece as it's always raining when he's around. Shenlong also had the ability of manipulating winds, clouds and lightning strikes
There were many attempts to kill Shenlong with weapons, even so by Gods, and none of them could penetrate his scales. This shows just how powerful this devil fruit is and will prove to be the Ultimate destructive force easily warranting of the name Uranus

Not convinced?
Vegapunk has created Dragons as results of his experiments and has worked on weapons of mass destruction. Both of these are aspects of Uranus. He could be employed to try and recreate Uranus.
This is why Momonosuke is so important, he's wanted by Doflamingo and labelled as a "trump card" for some reason. His "failed" Devil Fruit is of a Chinese Dragon, able to create and manipulate clouds.

This adds up when you think about it. Why would Vegapunk be so fixated on Dragons and methods of destruction? It must be a Zoan fruit like Shenlong. This explains why Doflamingo and possibly Kaidou would want him. He is a false/faulty Ancient Weapon.

Conclusion/TLDR:
Dragon was a former Admiral and is heavily centered on Chinese Mythology, this leads me to believe he knows the Void Centuries truths and that he ate Uranus, the ultimate destructive Devil fruit. This can be consolidated by the similarities between Momonosukes artificial fruit and the real thing which Vegapunk is trying to replicate for the World Government. Hence, Dragon is the most dangerous man in the world and it explains all the strange phenomena that happens around him.

MasqueradeNX

Elite
Kin
5💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Its a good theory man. I wonder how old he was when he became an admiral or when he left. Maybe also he was higher then admiral maybe high up where kong is maybe idk.

24 12 11 to troll

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Its a good theory man. I wonder how old he was when he became an admiral or when he left. Maybe also he was higher then admiral maybe high up where kong is maybe idk.
He's around the same age as the current admirals, and 22 years ago at Rogers execution when he found out the truth he would be around late 20's or early 30's in age

ethris

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Link plz?

I never use Reddit, I've had the theory about Dragon being Uranus for a long time, but never really thought about him being a former Admiral till I watched the video
me neither, at my prime OP obsession period lol i was looking up theories, but there was two of them i remember that im comparing to yours, i cant find one of them but off a quick google search i found one similar to one of the ones i read.

just do a quick search im sure ul find more like it, its a big world afterall

Last edited:

YellowFang

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I like this theory...

Dragon might be a monstrous individual... But I'd never acknowledge Gorosei to be a group of extra-ordinary gentlemen, they are just top brass, that's it...

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Why is Monkey D. Dragon the most dangerous man in the world? Being the leader of the Revolutionary Army is all good, but without taking any actions he's still considered to be above the likes of the Worst Generation, Blackbeard and the other Yonkou. Being similarly influential, there must be something that sets Dragon apart from the others. This is a combination of two theories on Monkey D. Dragons past and his powers

To begin, we have to look at the Marines and mythology
Yes, that's right, Dragon is a former Marine. In fact he was a Marine Admiral and most likely knows the secrets of the Void Century.

It's common belief that the Admirals are matched to the Animals within the story of Momotaro. But I see it as just a coincidence. What's more likely to be the case is Chinese Mythology in which there are four seas, much like the One Piece world:

Each sea has a stangely coloured animal, and to boot, there's a Purple Tiger and Green Bull on mainland China according to mythology (Fujitora literally means Whisteria (shade of purple) Tiger, Green Bull literally means Ryokugyu)

North sea/North Blue contains a Yellow Monkey, Kizaru literally means Yellow Monkey
South sea/South Blue contains a Red Dog, Akainu literally means Red Dog
West sea/West blue contains a Blue Pheasant, Aokiji literally means Blue Pheasant
BUT WAIT! There's one missing
East sea/East Blue = White Dragon, which translates to Shiroryuu
Coincidentally, Dragon's name is Dragon. Personally I don't think his real name is Dragon and it's more of an alias, taken from his Admiral nickname.

"But surely this is just coincidence?" Wrong.
His father was Monkey D. Garp, a hero of the Marines who has been shown to force unto Luffy and Ace his desire for them to become strong Marines. This is likely to have also been the case with Dragon

He knew Smoker on personal terms when he saved Luffy back in Loguetown too: as two members of the Marines, isn't that a little bit weird?

Not only does the mythology match up, but his origins and relations match up too. On top of that, there are reasons for him to side against the World Government. According to Kuzan he can now pursue justice in a different fashion, and sea things he could never see otherwise

Dragon had an interest in Robin. During the timeskip the two actually met. Why would he be interested in and want to make acquaintances with somebody who can read the Poneglyphs? Well, firstly, why not? And secondly because he was told the true history by Roger and wants confirmation of it. I can't find the panel, but it is said he was present at Loguetown and talked to Roger while he was in his cell before being taken to the platform. Knowing the true history and using the same reason as Kuzan, he's hoped to follow justice in his own way.

But this still doesn't explain his immense powers and it isn't entirely convincing that Dragon is the most dangerous man. There's another reason why he's the most wanted man in One Piece:
Weather control: Uranus
I believe ate Uranus. The strongest Devil Fruit in terms of destructive capacity.

Pluton is a highly overpowered battleship, and parallels Hades and Pluto, gods of the underworld

Poseidon is a Mermaid born every millenia able to control sea kings, paralleling Poseidon, god of the ocean

Uranus, father sky, was the god of the sky, the universe and all that is beyond. Uranus fought with all 25 of his sons and daughters and was only just defeated. We can deduce two things from this:
1. It is the most powerful of the three weapons
2. It has the ability to control and manipulate weather and natural disasters
Uranus has also been tipped as being capable of causing global scale destruction

Coincidentally, Dragon has the same abilities. He caused an obscure and strangely single and pin point accurate lightning strike to save Luffy. On top of this he created a hurricane in Loguetown and is always seen when it is raining. He even called the weather a "storm of justice", hihgly inferring to his abilities as weather manipulation and not just a coincidence. This also supports the idea of pursuing justice in ways other than the Marines, therefore implying and strengthening the case that he was a former Marine:
Yeah it's always either rainy or windy with Dragon around

With his name, Dragon, and his Alias, White Dragon, it's easy to hazard a guess at what type of Devil fruit it will be. A mythical Zoan. Dragons boat has Chinese Dragons running down the side of his ship, which matches the Chinese mythology used earlier in identifying his Admiral name:

It's important to note that all Chinese Dragons could control the weather, although the most powerful of all these Dragons is Shenlong, the "rain bringer". Dragon is clearly the "rain bringer" in One Piece as it's always raining when he's around. Shenlong also had the ability of manipulating winds, clouds and lightning strikes
There were many attempts to kill Shenlong with weapons, even so by Gods, and none of them could penetrate his scales. This shows just how powerful this devil fruit is and will prove to be the Ultimate destructive force easily warranting of the name Uranus

Not convinced?
Vegapunk has created Dragons as results of his experiments and has worked on weapons of mass destruction. Both of these are aspects of Uranus. He could be employed to try and recreate Uranus.
This is why Momonosuke is so important, he's wanted by Doflamingo and labelled as a "trump card" for some reason. His "failed" Devil Fruit is of a Chinese Dragon, able to create and manipulate clouds.

This adds up when you think about it. Why would Vegapunk be so fixated on Dragons and methods of destruction? It must be a Zoan fruit like Shenlong. This explains why Doflamingo and possibly Kaidou would want him. He is a false/faulty Ancient Weapon.

Conclusion/TLDR:
Dragon was a former Admiral and is heavily centered on Chinese Mythology, this leads me to believe he knows the Void Centuries truths and that he ate Uranus, the ultimate destructive Devil fruit. This can be consolidated by the similarities between Momonosukes artificial fruit and the real thing which Vegapunk is trying to replicate for the World Government. Hence, Dragon is the most dangerous man in the world and it explains all the strange phenomena that happens around him.
That's a lot of nice connections to mythology but I still doubt Dragon was a Marine let alone an Admiral and we wouldn't have heard about it from Garp or anyone else yet. Also the name thing doesn't work Idk why people still pull that out like it's evidence supporting the claim if anything it refutes he was an admiral. Aokiji(Blue Pheasant) is a code name real name Kuzan, Dragon's real name is Monkey D. Dragon. the dragon in Shiroryuu and the dragon in Monkey D. Dragon are seemingly unconnected.

A v i

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That's such a convincing argument

There's a difference between 'is' and 'was'

Ok, my bad. Dragon wasn't a marine admiral nor a high ranked officer from WG. Someone as well knowledged as Robin said his origins are unknown and most of marines doesn't even know his full name. Last but not the least Chinjao of all people doesn't know Dragon is Garp's son. So Dragon being a former admiral is hardly an acceptable argument based on what we have seen so far.

Another point that should be noted would be Iva wasn't aware of his connection with Garp despite being one of closest individual to Dragon until it was mentioned by Luffy.

Last edited:

24 12 11 to troll

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Ok, my bad. Dragon wasn't a marine admiral nor a high ranked officer from WG. Someone as well knowledged as Robin said his origins are unknown and most of marines doesn't even know his full name. Last but not the least Chinjao of all people doesn't know Dragon is Garp's son. So Dragon being a former admiral is hardly an acceptable argument based on what we have seen so far.
Most Marines don't know the Admiral's names and know them by their nicknames. Also, they would've wiped his records when he defected

A v i

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Most Marines don't know the Admiral's names and know them by their nicknames. Also, they would've wiped his records when he defected
It's been just 20 years so it's hardly believable to think most of them forgot about his same. And it's not that they doesn't know their names , it's just that they tend to address them with their respective names more often than not. These reasons still doesn't explain why none of Robin,Chinjao and Iva who're more than 20y old knew about Dragons origin until it was officially reviled by others.

24 12 11 to troll

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's been just 20 years so it's hardly believable to think most of them forgot about his same. And it's not that they doesn't know their names , it's just that they tend to address them with their respective names more often than not. These reasons still doesn't explain why none of Robin,Chinjao and Iva who're more than 20y old knew about Dragons origin until it was officially reviled by others.
They wouldn't know his name in the first place... They'd know him by his nickname