Cfighter

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So I've never had the pleasure of actually watching/reading Dragon Ball, but I've always wanted to. With Naruto finished, I figured this may be a good chance to do so however I don't know how to go about it. First of all, to my understanding, Dragon Ball is the first part of the series with Dragon Ball Z being Part 2 and the story concludes at DBZ?

Assuming that information is correct, is the series better to read as a manga or watch as an anime?

Meee

Legendary
Kin
8💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Watch the anime, Dragon Ball then Dragon Ball Z

The Manga ended with Z but the anime continues with Dragon Ball GT, Non Canon filler stuff basically.

Cfighter

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yeah dragon ball is the 1st part and dbz is the 2nd part.

There is also dragon ball gt out there but its non canon.
Watch the anime, Dragon Ball then Dragon Ball Z

The Manga ended with Z but the anime continues with Dragon Ball GT, Non Canon filler stuff basically.
What Purpz said basically. I'd also recommend English dub unless you can tolerate Goku's Japanese voice.
Got it, the anime it is. Thanks guys :)

7th Biggest OP Fan

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So I've never had the pleasure of actually watching/reading Dragon Ball, but I've always wanted to. With Naruto finished, I figured this may be a good chance to do so however I don't know how to go about it. First of all, to my understanding, Dragon Ball is the first part of the series with Dragon Ball Z being Part 2 and the story concludes at DBZ?

Assuming that information is correct, is the series better to read as a manga or watch as an anime?
I can guarantee you 95% of the people that have seen Dragon Ball have watched ONLY DBZ and it was the English dubbed.

some may have watched Dragon Ball, and maybe a handful have actually read the manga. So much non canon tied into DBZ its not even funny.

So yeah, do what everyone else does. Watch the 2nd part first, go back to the first part maybe, and then watch GT and b!tch and complain about how horrible it is afterward.

Or watch One Piece. Either or.

Defence

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It's amazing you won't regret. Goku in dragoball is way better than he is in dbz. You will love it. It's got good humour friendship theme and epic fights. All the ingredients for epic shonen

Read the manga first then watch the animie or do both.

Only then move to DBZ. And whatever you do AVOID gt like the plague. It's a fanfic

Last edited:

Rekudakune

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
watch original dragon ball the fights there are way better and are much more consistent

some of the fights in there were one of the best ever in shonen history, where characters would jump 10 kilometers high into the air and fight there

Last edited: