All these people saying dragon ball,well I respect your opinion,I am pretty sure most of them haven't really read the Manga itself and just watched anime.
For me,it's like this. I don't know if it's true or not,but this is what I read somewhere on the similar topic.
DBZ - Father of all anime. Because it's this anime which shattered the backbone of American cartoon industry,in a way,in 20th century and rocked it's departure. It made Japanese anime popular outside Japan to great length,something no other anime was able to do. Dragon Ball Z, is also highly popular in various countries and was arguably one of the most influential in boosting the popularity of Japanese animation in Western culture.
Naruto - Father of all manga. It was in a sense that this manga that made the "Manga",in general,very popular outside Japan. It is out there in more than 80 countries around the globe,I think the only manga to reach to such level of popularity.
So in a way,For me,they both are.