zenkutsu

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
For new readers and regulars, you can check out my other works by following the link in my signature

Also I have started the move to a new site called Writing Nation. Started by some FF writers here on the Base. It is looking pretty cool, it just needs to work out the kinks. But soon it will be a great place for writing

Chapter 13: The First Solo Mission.

The Captain in his generosity, finally allowed me to go on a mission by myself. I exited the Senkaimon in a small city outside of Edo, the capital of Japan. (500 years ago) My mission was rather simple. There was a small group of hollows causing problems in the area, and I had to exterminate them.

Moving around from tree to tree, I searched for them. But to no luck I could not find any hollows. Suddenly, a burst of spiritual pressure. I rushed in that direction. I stopped by a river valley and looked down towards the water. Sure enough there was a few hollows, but nothing too impressive. In the middle of them was a small hollow with a skull head and a purple coat. He seemed to have a crown on his head. But as small as he was he wouldn't take long to beat. I jumped down to confront them.

The large hollows jumped when I landed. They moved to attack but were suddenly stopped. The small hollow raised it's hand and they all stop.

"What is this we have here? A soul reaper? How interesting. Stand down men, I want to play with this soul reaper for awhile. It has been some time since I have stretched out my arms with a fight," the small hollow said.

"Pretty confident I see. Tell me hollow, before I kill you, what is your name? You seem to demand a lot of respect," I said.

"Well you will die soon anyway, so there is no harm in telling you. I am Barragan Louisenbairn, God King of Hueco Mundo," He replied.

"God King? You view yourself as a God?" I asked, thinking back to Captain Kuchiki.

"Ah yes, I forgot you soul reapers don't believe in Gods. Well that is fine. I don't really care one way or another. I will just play with you for awhile before I discard you like a toy," he said. "Release your Zanpakuto. You won't be any fun unless you show my your power."

"Fine then. Flutter: Empi!" I yelled as my blades became 9 distinct blades, all hanging from my body. I held the straight sword in my hands. Barragan pulled out a large black ax and held his ground. I moved to strike him, but he blocked with his ax. I jumped back. "Is that all you have, Hollow?"

"Why don't you look at your Zanpakuto?" he asked. I looked down to see the sword I cut him with slowly rust and disintegrate away. I threw it on the ground and watched it vanish.

"How did you do that?" I asked.

"I have the power to age anything I touch. Age something to the point that it crumbles to dust," He replied.

"Damn, I didn't realize he was this powerful," I thought to myself. I reverted my Zanpakuto to sealed form and sheathed it before trying to run away. However, before I could get far, I saw the hollow standing in front of me, holing out his skeletal hand. I stopped quick and used flash step to get away. "Damn, he's fast."

Suddenly, I felt an immense pain in my arm. I looked at it, to see a skeletal hand holding it. I pulled away. My arm began to flop randomly in the wind, as if all the bones in my arm were broken. Once again I found myself in the clearing from before, surrounded by hollows. I turned, and there stood Barragan, as if he hadn't even moved. He began to walk forward. He held out his hand, and slowly moved to grab my face. Helpless and trapped, I stared at my fate.

Out of nowhere was a tremendous flash of light, followed by an explosion between the Hollow and I. I opened my eyes, and there stood Captain Kuchiki, with his Zanpakuto already released.

"Forgive me, Katsume," he said.

"For what?" I asked.

"If I had known there was a Vasto Lorde involved, I never would have sent you. Just sit tight. I will handle this," he said as he impaled his sword into the ground. "Sekai." All of the hollows suddenly began screaming in pain and began to disintegrate. After a moment, all that was left was Barragan, the Captain and myself. Barragan, looked weakened, also being electrocuted by the attack.

"How dare you interfere. You will regret this," he said as a Garganta opened up. Barragan flew up and into it as hundred of Menos appeared around us. The Captain looked at them, and without a word, swung his blade, sending a pulse of lightning that cut all of the Menos Grande in half.

Captain Kuchiki sheathed his blade and began to walk away. I could only watch him as he left. I began to think to myself.

"I know what I must do."