Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Alright, answer the following questions with as much detail as possible..

- Tell me everything you know about Earth release.
- What is it strong to?
- What is it weak against?
- Name three earth users?​

Sominus

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Alright, answer the following questions with as much detail as possible..

- Tell me everything you know about Earth release.
- What is it strong to?
- What is it weak against?
- Name three earth users?​
Doton - Earth is an element mostly used for vast attack or defensive purposes. Most often you end up crushing your opponent or impaling him. Of course there are also exceptions like the swamp Jutsu that you use to suck in and drown your opponent. By using your own chakra you manipulate the ground that you're standing on and therefore most doton Jutsu can only be used if you're somehow standing on or connected with earth.
Doton is strong to Suiton and weak against Raiton which means a B-Rank Doton Jutsu would cancel out an A-Rank Suiton Jutsu while it would be canceled out by a C-Rank Raiton Jutsu.
Earth can be used in many different situations to get an advantage over the enemy and you can change the terrain around you rather easy compared to other elements.

Earth is common among Shinobi of Iwagakure.

Some earth users:
Kitsuchi, Deidara and Kurotsuchi.
Via KG/KT: Yamato/The First (wood = earth + water), Ōnoki (dust = earth + fire + wind), Mei Terumi (lava = earth + fire)

Selendrile

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Doton - Earth is an element mostly used for vast attack or defensive purposes. Most often you end up crushing your opponent or impaling him. Of course there are also exceptions like the swamp Jutsu that you use to suck in and drown your opponent. By using your own chakra you manipulate the ground that you're standing on and therefore most doton Jutsu can only be used if you're somehow standing on or connected with earth.
Doton is strong to Suiton and weak against Raiton which means a B-Rank Doton Jutsu would cancel out an A-Rank Suiton Jutsu while it would be canceled out by a C-Rank Raiton Jutsu.
Earth can be used in many different situations to get an advantage over the enemy and you can change the terrain around you rather easy compared to other elements.

Earth is common among Shinobi of Iwagakure.

Some earth users:
Kitsuchi, Deidara and Kurotsuchi.
Via KG/KT: Yamato/The First (wood = earth + water), Ōnoki (dust = earth + fire + wind), Mei Terumi (lava = earth + fire)
Looks okay.

Now come over here and take this piece of paper in-between your hands. Focus your doton chakra, and then channel it through your hands into the paper. As the amount of chakra you channel into the paper increases, the paper should start to crumble like dirt. After focusing an adequate amount of chakra into the paper, it will turn to dirt in your hand.

Sominus

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Looks okay.

Now come over here and take this piece of paper in-between your hands. Focus your doton chakra, and then channel it through your hands into the paper. As the amount of chakra you channel into the paper increases, the paper should start to crumble like dirt. After focusing an adequate amount of chakra into the paper, it will turn to dirt in your hand.
*As you hand me the paper I start gathering chakra in the palm of my right hand. However I don't already channel it in the paper. I try to feel the Doton components inside it and now I start channeling, only that part of the chakra that I assume to be Doton related, in the paper. The paper begins to harden around my fingers but I can't force enoug chakra inside to really make it crumble. In another attemp I now try different and knead my chakra into doton chakra instead of simply transfering the already earth based chakra. As I moulded about enough chakra I channel it in the paper and this time it crumbles under my fingers.*

Selendrile

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
*As you hand me the paper I start gathering chakra in the palm of my right hand. However I don't already channel it in the paper. I try to feel the Doton components inside it and now I start channeling, only that part of the chakra that I assume to be Doton related, in the paper. The paper begins to harden around my fingers but I can't force enoug chakra inside to really make it crumble. In another attemp I now try different and knead my chakra into doton chakra instead of simply transfering the already earth based chakra. As I moulded about enough chakra I channel it.in the paper and.thix time it crumbles under my fingers.*
Good. U_U Since you already know my training template, we'll just get into it immediately..

(Doton No Jutsu) - Earth Release Technique
Type: Attack/Defence
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra cost: 10
Damage Points: 20
Descripton: Creates small pillars of earth, small tools, and small shields of earth

Focus your earth chakra into the ground, and raise two small pillars of earth by condensing the soil in the earth. Raise them up from the ground in front of you to defend yourself against my kunai. Position them so the kunai embed themselves into the pillars, leaving you unharmed behind the pillar.

-Throws two kunai at you-

Sominus

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Good. U_U Since you already know my training template, we'll just get into it immediately..

(Doton No Jutsu) - Earth Release Technique
Type: Attack/Defence
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra cost: 10
Descripton: Creates small pillars of earth, small tools, and small shields of earth

Focus your earth chakra into the ground, and raise two small pillars of earth by condensing the soil in the earth. Raise them up from the ground in front of you to defend yourself against my kunai. Position them so the kunai embed themselves into the pillars, leaving you unharmed behind the pillar.
Er
-Throws two kunai at you-
*As soon as I see you grabing two Kunai from your pouch I quickly build up a fair amount of Doton based chakra. I channel this chakra down my legs and let it flow into the ground I'm standing on. As my chakra infuses the earth under me I force it to
quickly let two, rather small scaled, pillars of earth rise infront of me. Each of those pillars blocks one of your Kunai, which aspriate a metallic sound as they get repelled.*

Well this is just the basic technique so I can't really give advantages/disadvantages.

Last edited:

Selendrile

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
*As soon as I see you grabing two Kunai from your pouch I quickly build up a fair amount of Doton based chakra. I channel this chakra down my legs and let it flow into the ground I'm standing on. As my chakra infuses the earth under me I force it to
quickly let two, rather small scaled, pillars of earth rise infront of me. Each of those pillars blocks one of your Kunai, which aspriate a metallic sound as they get repelled.*
adv/dis? :shrug:

Sominus

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
adv/dis? :shrug:

My freaking phone posted before I could add.those ...

Anyways it is the basic technique so I could only give advantages/disavantages compared to other elements =\

Advantages:
- good for defensive purposes
- ciuld probably make the pillar kick me back to avoid Jutsu

Dis:
- no offensive use really?

Selendrile

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
My freaking phone posted before I could add.those ...

Anyways it is the basic technique so I could only give advantages/disavantages compared to other elements =\

Advantages:
- good for defensive purposes
- ciuld probably make the pillar kick me back to avoid Jutsu

Dis:
- no offensive use really?
@Dis: Just make it hit the opponent from behind, hitting them in a joint or tender spot.

That was good, keep it up..

(Doton: Gansetsukon) - Earth Release: Rock Section Cane
Type: Supplementary/Offense
Range: Short
Chakra Cost: 10
Description: This technique allows the user to take a small chunk of rock and turn it into the shape of a staff. The user can then use it as a melee weapon or throw it with pinpoint accuracy at their opponent. A variation of this technique allows the user to create several staffs and launch them at the target, but with less accuracy.

Pick up a small piece of rock from the ground, and use shape manipulation on it to extend the length of the rock into a rather long staff. Then, hurl the staff at my clone like a spear, piercing through his head.

-Creates clone-

Sominus

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
@Dis: Just make it hit the opponent from behind, hitting them in a joint or tender spot.

That was good, keep it up..
Oh yeah right, that way I could throw him off balance. ^.^

(Doton: Gansetsukon) - Earth Release: Rock Section Cane
Type: Supplementary/Offense
Range: Short
Chakra Cost: 10
Description: This technique allows the user to take a small chunk of rock and turn it into the shape of a staff. The user can then use it as a melee weapon or throw it with pinpoint accuracy at their opponent. A variation of this technique allows the user to create several staffs and launch them at the target, but with less accuracy.

Pick up a small piece of rock from the ground, and use shape manipulation on it to extend the length of the rock into a rather long staff. Then, hurl the staff at my clone like a spear, piercing through his head.

-Creates clone-
*As you finish with your explanation and create your clone, I kneel down and pick up a piece of rock with my right hand. As I rise from the ground I start channeling Doton based chakra in the stone to manipulate it's shape. I form a 2 meter long staff out of it and as it's shape is complete I throw it forcefully towards your clone. I aim at your clone's forehead and slightly after I release the staff it pierces through your clone's head, which disperses in no time.*

Adv:
- Either pinpoint accuracy or the possibility of throwing more staffs is pretty good

Dis:
- I need to pick up a piece of rock first, I can't create it.

Selendrile

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Oh yeah right, that way I could throw him off balance. ^.^

*As you finish with your explanation and create your clone, I kneel down and pick up a piece of rock with my right hand. As I rise from the ground I start channeling Doton based chakra in the stone to manipulate it's shape. I form a 2 meter long staff out of it and as it's shape is complete I throw it forcefully towards your clone. I aim at your clone's forehead and slightly after I release the staff it pierces through your clone's head, which disperses in no time.*

Adv:
- Either pinpoint accuracy or the possibility of throwing more staffs is pretty good

Dis:
- I need to pick up a piece of rock first, I can't create it.
Good. ^_^

(Doton: Ganban Kyu) - Earth Release: Bedrock Coffin
Type: Offense
Range: Mid/Long
Chakra Cost: 15
Damage Points: 30
Description: After performing the Rat hand seal, the user to control multiple sections of rock and move them around their opponent. The user then forms two gigantic sections that crush the opponent.

Perform the Rat hand seal, and then raise multiple sections of rock around my clone. As you are raising them, combine them into two large sections at the last second, which crush my clone inbetween them.

-Creates clone-

You must be registered for see images

Sominus

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Good. ^_^

(Doton: Ganban Kyu) - Earth Release: Bedrock Coffin
Type: Offense
Range: Mid/Long
Chakra Cost: 15
Damage Points: 30
Description: After performing the Rat hand seal, the user to control multiple sections of rock and move them around their opponent. The user then forms two gigantic sections that crush the opponent.

Perform the Rat hand seal, and then raise multiple sections of rock around my clone. As you are raising them, combine them into two large sections at the last second, which crush my clone inbetween them.

-Creates clone-

You must be registered for see images
*As you create your cline I quickly gather a decent amount of doton nased chakra and channel it in the ground underneath me. While doing so I wave a single hand seal, Rat. I use the chakra that I forced into the ground to manipulate the earth around your clone. I let several sections of rock to rise all around your clone. The different sections combine into two massive walls of rock as they move forcefully towards your clone, crushing him on impact.*

Advantages:
- I can attack my enemy from all around him

Dis:
- Can't use it short range from me

Selendrile

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
*As you create your cline I quickly gather a decent amount of doton nased chakra and channel it in the ground underneath me. While doing so I wave a single hand seal, Rat. I use the chakra that I forced into the ground to manipulate the earth around your clone. I let several sections of rock to rise all around your clone. The different sections combine into two massive walls of rock as they move forcefully towards your clone, crushing him on impact.*

Advantages:
- I can attack my enemy from all around him

Dis:
- Can't use it short range from me
Nice.

Moving on..

(Doton: Moguragakure no Jutsu) – Earth Release: Hiding like a mole technique
Type: Supplementary
Range: Long
Chakra cost: 15
Damage points: N/A
Description: The user changes earth into fine sand by channeling chakra into it, allowing the user to dig through it like a mole. While underground one can sense what is happening on the surface and use the information to launch a surprise attack on the enemy. Once can also hide deep in the ground, escaping to a depth where the enemy cant reach. It also appears that after digging, the ground can be returned to its original state, leaving no trace of where the user entered the earth.

Channel your earth chakra into the ground, changing the consistency of the earth under you into a fine sand. After you do this, disappear underground by digging quickly through the sand. Attack my clone with a surprise attack from behind, by throwing two kunai at his back.

-Creates clone-

Sominus

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nice.

Moving on..

(Doton: Moguragakure no Jutsu) – Earth Release: Hiding like a mole technique
Type: Supplementary
Range: Long
Chakra cost: 15
Damage points: N/A
Description: The user changes earth into fine sand by channeling chakra into it, allowing the user to dig through it like a mole. While underground one can sense what is happening on the surface and use the information to launch a surprise attack on the enemy. Once can also hide deep in the ground, escaping to a depth where the enemy cant reach. It also appears that after digging, the ground can be returned to its original state, leaving no trace of where the user entered the earth.

Channel your earth chakra into the ground, changing the consistency of the earth under you into a fine sand. After you do this, disappear underground by digging quickly through the sand. Attack my clone with a surprise attack from behind, by throwing two kunai at his back.

-Creates clone-
*As you create your clone I quickly gather a fair amount of Doton chakra and channel it in the ground I'm standing on. Using this chakra I change the earths consistency to turn it into fine sand. I dig throug the sand created this way and travel underground behind your clone, mid range from him. As long as I am underground I sense what's going on on the surface. I appear at the desired location and throw two Kunai at your clone's back. Your vlone, having no idea what's going on, disperses as the Kunai hit him.*

Great Jutsu!

Adv:
- I know where my enemy is
- I can easily surprise attack my target from undergrounf
- I could only get pinpointed by a Hyuga

Dis:
- Nothing if used properly?

Question:
- Do I know what Jutsu my enemy performs?

Selendrile

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
*As you create your clone I quickly gather a fair amount of Doton chakra and channel it in the ground I'm standing on. Using this chakra I change the earths consistency to turn it into fine sand. I dig throug the sand created this way and travel underground behind your clone, mid range from him. As long as I am underground I sense what's going on on the surface. I appear at the desired location and throw two Kunai at your clone's back. Your vlone, having no idea what's going on, disperses as the Kunai hit him.*

Great Jutsu!

Adv:
- I know where my enemy is
- I can easily surprise attack my target from undergrounf
- I could only get pinpointed by a Hyuga

Dis:
- Nothing if used properly?

Question:
- Do I know what Jutsu my enemy performs?
@Dis: Anything that disrupts the ground such as a swamp, lava, etc. will kill you while underground.

No, you dont know specifically, exactly. But you can track where he is, if there are multiple people, if he has released water (because the pressure of the water will be touching the surface). Anything that happens on the SURFACE, you can "sense".

Sominus

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
@Dis: Anything that disrupts the ground such as a swamp, lava, etc. will kill you while underground.

No, you dont know specifically, exactly. But you can track where he is, if there are multiple people, if he has released water (because the pressure of the water will be touching the surface). Anything that happens on the SURFACE, you can "sense".
Okay I see. About the killing part: My opponent can't just assume that I'm underground if he didn't see me using this Jutsu or he had something like a chakra sensing rain running, can he? I mean sure if we're standing in on a plain grassy field up to long range it's obvious that I need to be underground but if we had something like a bigger watersource or a small wood near he can't Just create a swamp all around me, right?

Selendrile

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Okay I see. About the killing part: My opponent can't just assume that I'm underground if he didn't see me using this Jutsu or he had something like a chakra sensing rain running, can he? I mean sure if we're standing in on a plain grassy field up to long range it's obvious that I need to be underground but if we had something like a bigger watersource or a small wood near he can't Just create a swamp all around me, right?
If he has chakra sensing rain activated, and you go underground, he has a legitimate reason to assume you're underground.

Sominus said:
I need to be underground but if we had something like a bigger watersource or a small wood near he can't Just create a swamp all around me, right?
I dont understand what you mean.

Sominus

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
If he has chakra sensing rain activated, and you go underground, he has a legitimate reason to assume you're underground.

I dont understand what you mean.
I meant like...

Okay let's say mid range from us, on your left (my right), there is a river and on the other side a small forest.

We somehow lost track of each other (mabey two colliding Jutsu?) and you don't possess a Doujutsu like the Byakugan.

If I would use "Hiding like a mole" now you can't really assume that I'm underground if you didn't use something else like the chakra sensing rain beforehand.
So you can't just say you create a swamp up to long range all around you because you don't know where I am and you got a 33% chance to actually kill me with this Jutsu (33% possibility for me being underwater, 33% underground and 33% in the forest - if you include mid-air/sky your chance to hit me reduces even further).

Was this understandable? If not just skip that question I couldn't think of another way explaining it and it doesn't matter that much anyways.

Selendrile

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I meant like...

Okay let's say mid range from us, on your left (my right), there is a river and on the other side a small forest.

We somehow lost track of each other (mabey two colliding Jutsu?) and you don't possess a Doujutsu like the Byakugan.

If I would use "Hiding like a mole" now you can't really assume that I'm underground if you didn't use something else like the chakra sensing rain beforehand.
So you can't just say you create a swamp up to long range all around you because you don't know where I am and you got a 33% chance to actually kill me with this Jutsu (33% possibility for me being underwater, 33% underground and 33% in the forest - if you include mid-air/sky your chance to hit me reduces even further).

Was this understandable? If not just skip that question I couldn't think of another way explaining it and it doesn't matter that much anyways.
Thing is, they can come up with ANY reason to believe you're underground. In the off chance you are, a massive swamp will do the trick to kill you. They can see if you are in the air, they can see if you are not on the surface.

They'll find a way. :p