Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Like some aspects of my own culture seems weird to me, like I am supposed to like it or understand it but I dont.
I keep listening to it, watching it, trying to find meaning in it but it never makes sense to me.
Do you feel the same?

Reactions: GrapeApe

GrapeApe

Regular
Kin
2,900💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
whats weird when i learned about my culture is like, what did we do? i dont understand why my people were treated so badly just based on skin color. when i did deep diving past slavery, in Africa we were rich as ****. the richest person to ever exist was an African man, during the dark ages or middle ages in Europe. we were ballin, actually the moors helped the europeans during that period rebuild but for some reason thats missing in history class. then its like when we got free here in the U.S., every attempt to build our communities up has been stomped out like, the hate is weird and i really have never understood it in my entire life

then how we're perceived by others is weird. especially like when i meet like older white dudes in their like mid 30's-50's. like ones that clearly havent been around a lot of black people and they act like, more black around me lol. really im thinking, thats how they see us. or like this thug shit, ive lived in ghettos, majority of people arent thugs -in- the ghetto, let alone my whole culture. but thats for the most part the image of us thats biggest right now. ill never forget on my world tour, i was in Seoul and this Korean chick told me, "i always wanted to try some thug dick", i was thinking like, how am i a thug? i still hit that but my point is all the way in South Korea, she thought i was a thug because i was black. a lot of places i visited on my first trip around the world, random people immediately thought i was a rapper, that is simply because im black and do music, when we've fathered just about every western genre, thats the first thing they see me as, when rappers arent even musicians. but yeah it was really was crazy when i traveled the world and saw how others saw us. like im often told im cool but the other stuff almost never applies to me. i guess that falls into stereotypes in general but its still weird

but i like my culture. i dont feel like i need to act a certain way though, even my people make it like, "thats not black" if youre into certain things or act a certain way, which is weird. like bitch im black everywhere i go. do i have to act extra black so youre comfortable? im just me. its also weird as hell we call each other nigga, its dumb and we need to let it go, every justification ive heard for it has been trash can juice. sagging pants is also dumb as **** and some weirdo shit. like bruh i dont want to see your ass, pull your damn pants up its not even stylish. like i know tons of super stylish people in the fashion industry and none of them are sagging and they be lookin icy daily. it came from prison but people in prison dont even do that, only the gay dudes as a signal you can get some ass, so you doing it is just weird

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
whats weird when i learned about my culture is like, what did we do? i dont understand why my people were treated so badly just based on skin color. when i did deep diving past slavery, in Africa we were rich as ****. the richest person to ever exist was an African man, during the dark ages or middle ages in Europe. we were ballin, actually the moors helped the europeans during that period rebuild but for some reason thats missing in history class. then its like when we got free here in the U.S., every attempt to build our communities up has been stomped out like, the hate is weird and i really have never understood it in my entire life

then how we're perceived by others is weird. especially like when i meet like older white dudes in their like mid 30's-50's. like ones that clearly havent been around a lot of black people and they act like, more black around me lol. really im thinking, thats how they see us. or like this thug shit, ive lived in ghettos, majority of people arent thugs -in- the ghetto, let alone my whole culture. but thats for the most part the image of us thats biggest right now. ill never forget on my world tour, i was in Seoul and this Korean chick told me, "i always wanted to try some thug dick", i was thinking like, how am i a thug? i still hit that but my point is all the way in South Korea, she thought i was a thug because i was black. a lot of places i visited on my first trip around the world, random people immediately thought i was a rapper, that is simply because im black and do music, when we've fathered just about every western genre, thats the first thing they see me as, when rappers arent even musicians, doesnt make sense. but yeah it was really was crazy when i traveled the world and saw how others saw us. like im often told im cool but the other stuff almost never applies to me. i guess that falls into stereotypes in general but its still weird

but i like my culture. i dont feel like i need to act a certain way though, even my people make it like, "thats not black" if youre into certain things or act a certain way, which is weird. like bitch im black everywhere i go. do i have to act extra black so youre comfortable? im just me. its also weird as hell we call each other nigga, its dumb and we need to let it go, every justification ive heard for it has been trash can juice. sagging pants is also dumb as **** and some weirdo shit. like bruh i dont want to see your ass, pull your damn pants up its not even stylish. like i know tons of super stylish people in the fashion industry and none of them are sagging and they be lookin icy daily. it came from prison but people in prison dont even do that, only the gay dudes as a signal you can get some ass, so you doing it is just weird
That's very interesting.
I don't know if it's because I grew up when the internet was growing or whatever but I feel very global, like when I listen to music or watch movies that I'm supposed to be more attached too it just never works for me, it's like I have ot decipher what it's all about cus it's a giant mystery, it wasn't like that when I grew up, but now I feel so unattached to the things I'm supposed to relate too.

GrapeApe

Regular
Kin
2,900💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
That's very interesting.
I don't know if it's because I grew up when the internet was growing or whatever but I feel very global, like when I listen to music or watch movies that I'm supposed to be more attached too it just never works for me, it's like I have ot decipher what it's all about cus it's a giant mystery, it wasn't like that when I grew up, but now I feel so unattached to the things I'm supposed to relate too.
so you dont know know about your culture is what your saying? i get the global thing, like im into all kinds of shit thats not apart of my culture. but you never looked into shit about your culture or asked questions about stuff you didnt understand? youre just sitting their confused? whats your culture fam?

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
so you dont know know about your culture is what your saying? i get the global thing, like im into all kinds of shit thats not apart of my culture. but you never looked into shit about your culture or asked questions about stuff you didnt understand? youre just sitting their confused? whats your culture fam?
I am thinking more in a national sense, like music and movies from my country, I don't even know much about my own country, when I grew up I think it was kinda popular to diss that stuff but nowadays the far right is growing and people are more interested in traditions and stuff, I just don't see what other people see in it, like there will be bands singing in my language and people with tears in their eyes saying it's the best thing ever but I just don't see what the point of it is, it just seems weird.
Post automatically merged:

It's funny I don't feel as fine writhing in my own language than I do english, I am terrified of certain places in my own country just because I feel like I would not fit in there.

Last edited:

Michelle

Legendary
Kin
9,012💸
Kumi
3,787💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Weirdness is part of many old cultures and we have a lot of weird things, but i can usually find a meaning to them.
Most of them are connected with the most important life events, with emphasis on the extremes of an existence, birth and death.

The older people get, the closer they are to old traditions and I can understand this:
there will be bands singing in my language and people with tears in their eyes saying it's the best thing ever
as a moment for them to remember childhood as the best part of their life, when these traditions were more often present in the daily life. The emotion they have when they hear these songs may be connected to forgotten memories of their own happiness.
Maybe they are nice songs, and the singing voices are sweet and all, but for people to have such an emotion, it means that they can connect their soul with that song, on a psychological level, while you have nothing to relate to. when you listen to these songs.
At least this passed trough my mind when i read your post, hope i explained it well.

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Weirdness is part of many old cultures and we have a lot of weird things, but i can usually find a meaning to them.
Most of them are connected with the most important life events, with emphasis on the extremes of an existence, birth and death.

The older people get, the closer they are to old traditions and I can understand this:

as a moment for them to remember childhood as the best part of their life, when these traditions were more often present in the daily life. The emotion they have when they hear these songs may be connected to forgotten memories of their own happiness.
Maybe they are nice songs, and the singing voices are sweet and all, but for people to have such an emotion, it means that they can connect their soul with that song, on a psychological level, while you have nothing to relate to. when you listen to these songs.
At least this passed trough my mind when i read your post, hope i explained it well.
There are some things about my own culture that really gets my attention and I fall in love with it, but like I have often felt very disconnected to my own culture, people say they like it because it's easy to relate too, I can't relate to it at all.

Nidaime Suiton

Regular
Kin
424💸
Kumi
201💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
actually the moors helped the europeans during that period
Moors weren't black african. They were North African from current Morroco, Algeria, Tunisia and Libya. North African are a mix between Arab and Berber culture, and racially they are swarthy caucasians like Middle East people.

Moorish civilization was a MENA civilisation, not Sub-Saharan African.

The black people that you can find in some stereotypic european painting about Moorish, were black slaves from the personnal guard of the Moorish leaders. Arabs and North African always have special guards of trained slaves, and among them there were black african slaves.

Last edited:
Reactions: salamander uchiha

GrapeApe

Regular
Kin
2,900💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Moors weren't black african. They were North African from current Morroco, Algeria, Tunisia and Libya. North African are a mix between Arab and Berber culture, and racially they are swarthy caucasians like Middle East people.

Moorish civilization was a MENA civilisation, not Sub-Saharan African.

The black people that you can find in some stereotypic european painting about Moorish, were black slaves from the personnal guard of the Moorish leaders. Arabs and North African always have special guards of trained slaves, and among them there were black african slaves.

well thats false. -current- North Africa may be that way but im talking before Arabs came back and settled in Africa, everyone originated from Africa then branched off in exploration. actually the name Moor is a Greek word that basically means black skin. everyone in Africa were considered Moors during the time before and after the fall of Rome. theres literally paintings and literature of Moorish Kings and Queens that are darker than i am and describe them as such, there positions in royalty and the military. and again the richest person to ever exist, was a black moorish king and theres tons of paintings of him thats clearly a black man

creating a false narrative that black people have always been slaves, is actually part of white supremacy and in part of trying to erase what actually happened in history, which has actually been done a lot to many cultures. im not saying they didnt have slaves but what youre saying is just not true

but heres a short video but it goes a lot deeper than that if you need more info. ive done a lot of reading and research on the topic once i was made aware
You must be registered for see medias

Reactions: Chikombo

Nidaime Suiton

Regular
Kin
424💸
Kumi
201💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
well thats false. -current- North Africa may be that way but im talking before Arabs came back and settled in Africa, everyone originated from Africa then branched off in exploration. actually the name Moor is a Greek word that basically means black skin. everyone in Africa were considered Moors during the time before and after the fall of Rome. theres literally paintings and literature of Moorish Kings and Queens that are darker than i am and describe them as such, there positions in royalty and the military. and again the richest person to ever exist, was a black moorish king and theres tons of paintings of him thats clearly a black man

creating a false narrative that black people have always been slaves, is actually part of white supremacy and in part of trying to erase what actually happened in history, which has actually been done a lot to many cultures. im not saying they didnt have slaves but what youre saying is just not true

but heres a short video but it goes a lot deeper than that if you need more info. ive done a lot of reading and research on the topic once i was made aware
LMFAO, sorry what are you saying is total bullshit.

It's just an insult to myself and to to my people, because you are clearly stealing the history of my people. That's why I am so angry. Moors from Spain were my ancestors, not yours. I am tired of some Afro-American who try to find their history through other's. Black african from Africa never claimed to be Moors, because they knew their history contrary to you. Africa has a great story, like Ghanaean empire, Malian empire , Old Benin ect... no need to steal story from other people.

The problem with you Afro-American, is that as you had been enslaved by white europeans and send in North America, you lost your roots. None of you know from which African people you come from. Probably West-Africa, but West-Africa had many people and nations. So you are calling yourselves " Black ". But " Black " as " White " doesn't have any historical reality. The main mistake that some of you made, is to consider that black = black. It is even racist paradoxally, because Africa is a very diverse continent with many ethnicitied, Wakanda doesn't exist. There isn't Wakanda like in this marvel movie. I am talking about this Wakanda concept because unfortunately This is how some african american imagine Africa, as a unified continent with just "black" people.There are more than 100 African nations, with many languages, religions, cultures. How can you say that Senegalese, Malian, Nigerian, South African Bushmen, Ethiopian, Sudanese, Kenyan are the same people just because they are " black " skinned. Hell no. You ignore the complex reality of Africa. Africa isn't the Wakanda of this Hollywood movie. This is why the Liberian project failed. These african american came in West Africa and didn't understand what was really Africa.

It's the same thing with White american. Most of them ignore their roots, and most of them are ignorant about Europe and imagine Europe like a White Wakanda. Europe is as complex as Africa. There aren't just " Black " or " White " like in the USA. The american society is oversimplified, black, white, asian, hispanic, everything is artifical, even the way the cities are built, lmao.

And that's the problem here. Even though Moors were black african, how can an Afro-American say " This is my story ". Just because they were black skinned ? So a Japanese could say about Mongol empire " It's my story " just because Mongols had east-asian facial features ?

And I said even though, because in reality Moors weren't " black ".

First of all, Berbers aren't black, what the **** are you saying ? There are black berbers, called Tuareg, but they are a very small minority among North africans, they live in the Sahara region. There are like Asian minorities in Russia living in Siberia. Berbers are caucasian people similar to Middle East people. Even those who live before Arabs invasions. There are some Roman emperor who came from North Africa, and they weren't black. Moorish civilization = MENA
civilization. That's it. Arabs didn't change anything, every North african DNA test show that more than 80% of the DNA is North african, very few percent of Semitic Arab Middle East. Arabs arabized many North african people, that's all. And you still car find isolated berbers people in the Atlas mountain for example, they even don't speak Arabic, and they look like swarthy caucasian but not black. So stop about your lie, because at this point it is clearly a lie.

50% of Muslim living in Spain at this time were...Spanish. Yes, they were descendant of Wisigoth converted to Islam, like the Abu Qasi dynasty. And when Spain expelled Moors from Spain, they refugied in Morroco and Algeria, and some of these Moors are basically white because their ancestor were white Spanish converted to Islam, today you can still see some of them, they form the Bourgeoisie of Algeria and Morroco. And the other 50%, were North african settlers so swarthy caucasian people. In South Spain, if you can see some people with very Arab / North African facial features, it's because their ancestor were Moors who accepted to become Christian in order to stay in Spain. That's why in every DNA test made by a South spanish, there are percentages of North African DNA, but none West African DNA.

The one who conquered Spain and Portugal, was Tarik Ibn Ziyad. A north african who came from actual Algeria. His ethnicity was Chawi. Chawi people are moutainous berbers.

About the fact you said that there were Black moors king in Spain. Total nonsens. It is even the contrary. At one point, Moors leaders in Spain married so much with european women, that Moors leaders became very european looking. There was even a famous Blue eyed and Red hair Moors leader who tried to paint his barb in black in order to look more Arab and not European.

Language is also another example. What language influenced the most Spanish ? Arabic. Not an Western african language.

About your painting representing black people " moors ". First' many European painting about Eastern civilizations are totally false historycally, because these painter weren't representing the historic reality, they even didn't live during Moorish time, they just represented their fantasize about Eastern civlizations such as Arabian, North African ect...

+ in feudal europe, " moors " was a word used to describe everything that come from south of Mediteranea. So as Black sub saharan african as North african could be called " moors ". That is why Kanga Musa ( the richest King with 400 billion $ estimated ) was called a Moors by some european, he came from current Mali .

But even Kanga Musa, who was black, you can't identify yourself to him. Malian people can. But what about you Afro-American ? It's not because he was black skinned that it is your ancestor. In your same logic a South African or a Pygmean from Congolese forest can say " Kanga Musa is from my history " Hell no. Kanga Musa was a muslim black african from Mali. You Afro-American are mostly western african from polytheist tribes, you can't say Kanga Musa is your history. Lmao, if you lived under Kanga Musa reign, he would have enslaved you like he enslaved many non muslim black african from West Africa. It is like a Serbian who would say " Napoleon Bonaparte is my ancestor " hell no.

And yes, unfortunately many black african who lived among North African were slaves. Arabs leader liked to have slaves elite soldiers, some of them were Turkic, Black Sub-Saharan, Slavic, and Germanic. Black enslaving is unfortunately a part of Arab and North African history. For example the slaves who guarded the harem, were castrated black slave. In Algeria and Morroco you can even find some people descent from black slaves, they are called " gnawa ". The only free black people among Moors were black muslim, mostly traders.

To consider black are all the same is very insulting for African people. It's the a misconception from the American society. There aren't black, there aren't white, there aren't yellow. The world is more complex than that and thankfully.

So finally.... Moors from Spain and Portugal weren't black. I am the one who can claim his ancestor conquered Iberia, not you.

As Afro-American, if you want to find your history, your roots, start in Western Africa. Sénégal, Ivory Coast, Ghana, Benin ect... Learn their rich history. Your roots are there, not in North Africa, not in Spain.

Last edited:

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

It's just an insult to myself and to to my people, because you are clearly stealing the history of my people. That's why I am so angry. Moors were my ancestors, not yours. I am tired of some Afro-American who try to find their history through other's. Black african from Africa never claimed to be Moors, because they knew their history contrary to you. Africa has a great story, like Ghanaean empire, Malian empire , Old Benin ect... no need to steal story from other people.

The problem with you Afro-American, is that as you had been enslaved by white europeans and send in North America, you lost your roots. None of you know from which African people you come from. Probably West-Africa, but West-Africa had many people and nations. So you are calling yourselves " Black ". But " Black " as " White " doesn't have any historical reality. The main mistake that some of you made, is to consider that black = black. It is even racist paradoxally, because Africa is a very diverse continent with many ethnicties, Wakanda doesn't exist. There isn't Wakanda like in this marvel movie. There are more than 100 African nations, with many languages, religions, cultures. How can you say that Senegalese, Malian, Nigerian, South African Bushmen, Ethiopian, Sudanese, Kenyan are the same people just because they are " black ". Hell no. You ignore the complex reality of Africa. Africa isn't the Wakand of this Hollywood movie. This is why the Liberian project failed.

It's the same thing with White american. Most of them ignore their roots, and most of them are ignorant about Europe and imagine Europe like a White Wakanda. Europe is as complex as Africa. There aren't just " Black " or " White " like in the USA. The american society is oversimplified, black, white, asian, hispanic, everything is artifical, even the way the cities are built, lmao.

And that's the problem here. Even though Moors were black african, how can an Afro-American say " This is my story ". Just because they were black skinned ? So a Japanese could say about Mongol empire " It's my story " just because Mongols had east-asian facial features ?

First of all, Berbers aren't black, what the **** are you saying ? There are black berbers, called Tuareg, but they are a very small minority among North africans, they live in the Sahara region. There are like Asian minorities in Russia living in Siberia. Berbers are caucasian people similar to Middle East people. Even those who live before Arabs invasions. There are some Roman emperor who came from North Africa, and they weren't black. Moorish civilization = MENA
civilization. That's it. Arabs didn't change anything, every North african DNA test show that more than 80% of the DNA is North african, very few percent of Semitic Arab Middle East. Arabs arabized many North african people, that's all. And you still car find isolated berbers people in the Atlas mountain for example, they even don't speak Arabic, and they look like swarthy caucasian but not black. So stop about your lie, because at this point it is clearly a lie.

50% of Muslim living in Spain at this time were...Spanish. Yes, they were descendant of Wisigoth converted to Islam, like the Abu Qasi dynasty. And when Spain expelled Moors from Spain, they refugied in Morroco and Algeria, and some of these Moors are basically white because their ancestor were white Spanish converted to Islam, today you can still see some of them, they form the Bourgeoisie of Algeria and Morroco. And the other 50%, were North african settlers so swarthy caucasian people. In South Spain, if you can see some people with very Arab / North African facial features, it's because their ancestor were Moors who accepted to become Christian in order to stay in Spain. That's why in every DNA test made by a South spanish, there are percentages of North African DNA, but none West African DNA.

The one who conquered Spain and Portugal, was Tarik Ibn Ziyad. A north african who came from actual Algeria. His ethnicity was Chawi. Chawi people are moutainous berbers.

About the fact you said that there were Black moors king in Spain. Total nonsens. It is even the contrary. At one point, Moors leaders in Spain married so much with european women, that Moors leaders became very european looking. There was even a famous Blue eyed and Red hair Moors leader who tried to paint his barb in black in order to look more Arab and not European.

Language is also another example. What language influenced the most Spanish ? Arabic. Not an Western african language.

About your painting representing black people " moors ". First' many European painting about Eastern civilizations are totally false historycally, because these painter weren't representing the historic reality, they even didn't live during Moorish time, they just represented their fantasize about Eastern civlizations such as Arabian, North African ect...

+ in feudal europe, " moors " was a word used to describe everything that come from south of Mediteranea. So as Black sub saharan african as North african could be called " moors ". That is why Kanga Musa ( the richest King with 400 billion $ estimated ) was called a Moors by some european, he came from current Mali .

But even Kanga Musa, who was black, you can't identify yourself to him. Malian people can. But what about you Afro-American ? It's not because he was black skinned that it is your ancestor. In your same logic a South African or a Pygmean from Congolese forest can say " Kanga Musa is from my history " Hell no. Kanga Musa was a muslim black african from Mali. You Afro-American are mostly western african from polytheist tribes, you can't say Kanga Musa is your history. Lmao, if you lived under Kanga Musa reign, he would have enslaved you like he enslaved many non muslim black african from West Africa. It is like a Serbian who would say " Napoleon Bonaparte is my ancestor " hell no.

To consider black are all the same is very insulting for African people. It's the a misconception from the American society. There aren't black, there aren't white, there aren't yellow. The world is more complex than that and thankfully.

So finally.... Moors from Spain and Portugal weren't black. I am the one who can claim his ancestor conquered, not you.

As Afro-American, if you want to find your history, your roots, start in Western Africa. Sénégal, Ivory Coast, Ghana, Benin ect... Learn their rich history. Your roots are there, not in North Africa, not in Spain.
Ok now I'm confused.

• Haha

GrapeApe

Regular
Kin
2,900💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

It's just an insult to myself and to to my people, because you are clearly stealing the history of my people. That's why I am so angry. Moors from Spain were my ancestors, not yours. I am tired of some Afro-American who try to find their history through other's. Black african from Africa never claimed to be Moors, because they knew their history contrary to you. Africa has a great story, like Ghanaean empire, Malian empire , Old Benin ect... no need to steal story from other people.

The problem with you Afro-American, is that as you had been enslaved by white europeans and send in North America, you lost your roots. None of you know from which African people you come from. Probably West-Africa, but West-Africa had many people and nations. So you are calling yourselves " Black ". But " Black " as " White " doesn't have any historical reality. The main mistake that some of you made, is to consider that black = black. It is even racist paradoxally, because Africa is a very diverse continent with many ethnicitied, Wakanda doesn't exist. There isn't Wakanda like in this marvel movie. I am talking about this Wakanda concept because unfortunately This is how some african american imagine Africa, as a unified continent with just "black" people.There are more than 100 African nations, with many languages, religions, cultures. How can you say that Senegalese, Malian, Nigerian, South African Bushmen, Ethiopian, Sudanese, Kenyan are the same people just because they are " black " skinned. Hell no. You ignore the complex reality of Africa. Africa isn't the Wakanda of this Hollywood movie. This is why the Liberian project failed. These african american came in West Africa and didn't understand what was really Africa.

And yes, unfortunately many black african who lived among North African were slaves. Arabs leader liked to have slaves elite soldiers, some of them were Turkic, Black Sub-Saharan, Slavic, and Germanic. Black enslaving is unfortunately a part of Arab and North African history. For example the slaves who guarded the harem, were castrated black slave. In Algeria and Morroco you can even find some people descent from black slaves, they are called " gnawa ". The only free black people among Moors were black muslim, mostly traders.

So finally.... Moors from Spain and Portugal weren't black. I am the one who can claim his ancestor conquered Iberia, not you.

i literally gave you video that was pulled from university. the moors were black that conquered spain and ruled for 700 years, did you even the watch the video? the original moors that conquered spain were black people. plus the moors ruled more than just Spain fam. also claiming i dont know my roots or where i come from in africa and telling me what i can and cant identify with, like i cant afford a DNA test is also false lol. they literally have paintings, that were made in Africa of them, theyre not spanish looking people or arabic, they look african -before- spain was conquered, after that 700 years of course people wont look the same breeding with conquered people for that long. and just because theres paintings and art, doesnt equal it being created by europeans. theres paintings with straight up black people with crowns and sitting in thrones with gold around them that were considered moorish kings, just look it up. youre telling me that slaves had golden crowns?

and the derivative of the word is correct. it came from the greek word meaning black people, then latin, then french then english then was changed. im not saying its correct to generalize but thats how they saw the moors and classified them, as black people. majority of paintings and artifacts from multiple continents including northern and western africa depict them as black people 🤷🏾‍♂️

Last edited:

Nidaime Suiton

Regular
Kin
424💸
Kumi
201💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
i literally gave you video that was pulled from university. the moors were black that conquered spain and ruled for 700 years, did you even the watch the video? the original moors that conquered spain were black people. plus the moors ruled more than just Spain fam. also claiming i dont know my roots or where i come from in africa and telling me what i can and cant identify with, like i cant afford a DNA test is also false lol. they literally have paintings, that were made in Africa of them, theyre not spanish looking people or arabic, they look african -before- spain was conquered, after that 700 years of course people wont look the same breeding with conquered people for that long. and just because theres paintings and art, doesnt equal it being created by europeans. theres paintings with straight up black people with crowns and sitting in thrones with gold around them that were considered moorish kings, just look it up. youre telling me that slaves had golden crowns?

and the derivative of the word is correct. it came from the greek word meaning black people, then latin, then french then english then was changed. im not saying its correct to generalize but thats how they saw the moors and classified them, as black people. majority of paintings and artifacts from multiple continents including northern and western africa depict them as black people 🤷🏾‍♂️
Your video is just bullshit and won't contradict the plenty of univeristy books written by true history professor about Al Andalus. I wonder if you ever studied History. Come in Spain and you will see the truth.

the original moors that conquered spain were black people.
What the hell are you saying ? Do you know who is Tarik Ibn Ziyad ? He was the Moor general who conquered Spain and Portugal. He was like me, a swarthy caucasian from North Africa.

I will repeat this : NORTH AFRICAN AREN'T AND WEREN'T BLACK !

I am North African, I know better my own history than some pseudo african american historian who want to rewrite their history in order to make " Wakanda " from Black Panther, real.

I have nothing against Black people, I respect them as every people. The problem is that you are insulting my people and my history by stealing my heritage. And I can't accept it. If we let people like you spread these fakes history rewritting then it could become serious and many ignorant people could be fooled by this, especially in the USA where people are so ignorant about the world.

I am Moor, you aren't. That's all.

Al Andalus is a part of my history. Not yours.

My ancestor weren't black. They were exactly like me today. Swarthy skinned with caucasian features. Even before arabs invasions. You can read Romanian testomonies about North African, because North Africa was a part of the Roman Empire, and they weren't described as black. There were even some North African roman emperor, and none of them were described as black.

What breeding are you talking about ? The first Moors settlers in Spain were exactly like the current Maghrebian people.

Sicilia was also conquered by North African. And sicilian looks like more current Tunisian people than black people. Lmao.

Moors in Spain spoke Arabic. Today Spanish language has many arabic words. Even the spanish " J ", the Jota they call it, came from Arabic. Is that a sub-saharan language ? Absolutely not.

Moors architecture in Spain is typically Maghrebian, mixed with some Wisigothic architectural features. The old moors castle, mosque ect... That you can see in current Spain aren't black subsaharan typical architecture. If you want to see a typical black muslim architecture, go to see the famous Malian mosque from Tombouctou, built by Kanga Musa.

About your painting. You can see Moorish painting from Midle age about Al Andalus people. They are alway represented as basic Arab / Middle Eastern people. Real historians don't give a f.... about your XIXth century painting, painted by europeans painter who fantasize about Eastern people. For example they alway paint naked white women in the harems while in reality these women, even though they were slaves, were covered from feet to head because of strong islamic rules. These painting aren't mean to be taken seriously. Painting, whatever their origin, aren't mean to be taken as solid historical . Historical proof are mainly written, and historian authentified them by making a serious work, and not just bullshiting by cherry picking. The phenomenon of cherry picking is very pregnant on Internet social media, with people who take one or true picture and generalize their picture on a entire society.

There were some black people in Spain, and as I said, there were black african slaves who served as guard soldier. Or eventually black african traders.

The soldiers who conquered Spain were mostly North african, eventually there was some black slaves soldier among them.

+ Tarik Ibn Ziyad, the one who conquered Spain, obeyed to the Muslim caliphate from Damas in Syria. The Ummayad empire.

Your YouTube video is just ridiculous, ask any people specialized in MENA history, or in Spanish history, he will confirm you that Moors in Spain were basically the same people who live currently in North Africa.
Post automatically merged:

This is how Tarik Ibn Ziyad, the Moors leader who conquered Spain, could looks like.

You must be registered for see images

Typical North African person from Middle Ages.

But yes, according to some pseudo theorician, North african were black. Lmao.

Last edited:

GrapeApe

Regular
Kin
2,900💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Your video is just bullshit and won't contradict the plenty of univeristy books written by true history professor about Al Andalus. I wonder if you ever studied History. Come in Spain and you will see the truth.

What the hell are you saying ? Do you know who is Tarik Ibn Ziyad ? He was the Moor general who conquered Spain and Portugal. He was like me, a swarthy caucasian from North Africa.

I will repeat this : NORTH AFRICAN AREN'T AND WEREN'T BLACK !

I am North African, I know better my own history than some pseudo african american historian who want to rewrite their history in order to make " Wakanda " from Black Panther, real.

I have nothing against Black people, I respect them as every people. The problem is that you are insulting my people and my history by stealing my heritage. And I can't accept it. If we let people like you spread these fakes history rewritting then it could become serious and many ignorant people could be fooled by this, especially in the USA where people are so ignorant about the world.

I am Moor, you aren't. That's all.

Al Andalus is a part of my history. Not yours.

My ancestor weren't black. They were exactly like me today. Swarthy skinned with caucasian features. Even before arabs invasions. You can read Romanian testomonies about North African, because North Africa was a part of the Roman Empire, and they weren't described as black. There were even some North African roman emperor, and none of them were described as black.

What breeding are you talking about ? The first Moors settlers in Spain were exactly like the current Maghrebian people.

Sicilia was also conquered by North African. And sicilian looks like more current Tunisian people than black people. Lmao.

Moors in Spain spoke Arabic. Today Spanish language has many arabic words. Even the spanish " J ", the Jota they call it, came from Arabic. Is that a sub-saharan language ? Absolutely not.

Moors architecture in Spain is typically Maghrebian, mixed with some Wisigothic architectural features. The old moors castle, mosque ect... That you can see in current Spain aren't black subsaharan typical architecture. If you want to see a typical black muslim architecture, go to see the famous Malian mosque from Tombouctou, built by Kanga Musa.

About your painting. You can see Moorish painting from Midle age about Al Andalus people. They are alway represented as basic Arab / Middle Eastern people. Real historians don't give a f.... about your XIXth century painting, painted by europeans painter who fantasize about Eastern people. For example they alway paint naked white women in the harems while in reality these women, even though they were slaves, were covered from feet to head because of strong islamic rules. These painting aren't mean to be taken seriously. Painting, whatever their origin, aren't mean to be taken as solid historical . Historical proof are mainly written, and historian authentified them by making a serious work, and not just bullshiting by cherry picking. The phenomenon of cherry picking is very pregnant on Internet social media, with people who take one or true picture and generalize their picture on a entire society.

There were some black people in Spain, and as I said, there were black african slaves who served as guard soldier. Or eventually black african traders.

The soldiers who conquered Spain were mostly North african, eventually there was some black slaves soldier among them.

+ Tarik Ibn Ziyad, the one who conquered Spain, obeyed to the Muslim caliphate from Damas in Syria. The Ummayad empire.

Your YouTube video is just ridiculous, ask any people specialized in MENA history, or in Spanish history, he will confirm you that Moors in Spain were basically the same people who live currently in North Africa.
okay firstly, youre not a moor, im also not a moor. people who were consider moors during the time didnt even address themselves as moors, they were Africans. it was a racist term basically for anyone with darker skin used by europeans, that got associated with people who practiced islam after European colonization . how Islam even got to Africa is from arabic settlers and traders is another story ill go into. there are historical documents that show slave trading where ships were named as Black Moors and was even a famous black boxer in the early U.S. settlements thats nickname was The Moor, im spacing on his name but you can research it if youre interested

secondly you have like this preconceived notion of me, without knowing anything about me, ive never spoken to you in my life yet you seem to have me figured. but for one i have 40% of my DNA from North Africa, Algeria infact, so you can stop with the what i can and cant claim shit, its stupid and false anyways. second you think i think Africa is like the Black Panther for some flimsy reasoning, when ive been to Africa, only Morocco and Egypt but ive been there and the majority of people werent black. but i also understand historically how that happened, when originally the first people were in africa, this is fact and they were black and spread out of Africa in exploration, where certain climates changed their biology through generations of reproduction to adapt to certain climates . but thankfully from my career ive been to every continent in the world and hundreds of countries, including Spain multiple times, ive been to museums in Madrid and Barcelona, im am super into history, that video was pure facts pulled from a historian. Tarik Ibn Ziyad was also mentioned in said video you didnt watch, ive seen multiple depictions of him in person, in Madrid and they depict him sometimes with more arabic features and with more african features. if you want to go deeper into it, how do you even think, Arabics even got too northern africa? ive been to moroccan museums and saw depictions the original berbers and they were indigenous Africans that looked like black people, like people from Niger, Mali and other parts of Africa, it was the same in Egypt, ive seen portraits of African royalty that they had artist of the time paint, and they looked like black people. so you can be upset by it for whatever reason, i understand how in Spain and in South America, theres a division between those of african decent and those of european. but if youre going to sit here and rep being a Moor so hard that youre offended. you need to acknowledge that some of your ancestors were most likely dark skinned. ive seen many artworks in many museums across the world, including Paris, that depicted moorish people and most of them were black or arabic looking, not 21st century art and they werent slaves. youre also wrong about what it means to be black in America, youre American with african features. which is a broad description, theres all types of shades of black people here

lastly even though i could claim it since i have north african DNA. ive never said that im a Moor from Spain and thats my culture, look at me! so calm down. the term moor as i explained and shown, its known fact was interchangeable term for black people during its time. its also factual that people who were considered Moors conquered much more, they ruled over parts of France and germany during periods and i saw the art work of black leaders in Paris, other African nations ruled over places like Australia also for example. so this Moors= Spain, Moors= Islamic thing is not the whole picture. they ruled over a lot of areas of Europe and helped get their civilizations get in order and a lot of europeans used moor as a description of color before colonization led to certain moors historically being tied to arabic and berber decent, but like i said, those of arabic decent that settled there through trade and migrations, werent even African to begin with if you want to be petty. but this whole discussion is turning silly because your have preconceived issue with people using a term, that at a time before white supremacy -did- infact indlude them. youre being silly

Last edited:

Nidaime Suiton

Regular
Kin
424💸
Kumi
201💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
okay firstly, youre not a moor, im also not a moor. people who were consider moors during the time didnt even address themselves as moors, they were Africans. it was a racist term basically for anyone with darker skin used by europeans, that got associated with people who practiced islam after European colonization . how Islam even got to Africa is from arabic settlers and traders is another story ill go into. there are historical documents that show slave trading where ships were named as Black Moors and was even a famous black boxer in the early U.S. settlements thats nickname was The Moor, im spacing on his name but you can research it if youre interested

secondly you have like this preconceived notion of me, without knowing anything about me, ive never spoken to you in my life yet you seem to have me figured. but for one i have 40% of my DNA from North Africa, Algeria infact, so you can stop with the what i can and cant claim shit, its stupid and false anyways. second you think i think Africa is like the Black Panther for some flimsy reasoning, when ive been to Africa, only Morocco and Egypt but ive been there and the majority of people werent black. but i also understand historically how that happened, when originally the first people were in africa, this is fact and they were black and spread out of Africa in exploration, where certain climates changed their biology through generations of reproduction to adapt to certain climates . but thankfully from my career ive been to every continent in the world and hundreds of countries, including Spain multiple times, ive been to museums in Madrid and Barcelona, im am super into history, that video was pure facts pulled from a historian. Tarik Ibn Ziyad was also mentioned in said video you didnt watch, ive seen multiple depictions of him in person, in Madrid and they depict him sometimes with more arabic features and with more african features. if you want to go deeper into it, how do you even think, Arabics even got too northern africa? ive been to moroccan museums and saw depictions the original berbers and they were indigenous Africans that looked like black people, like people from Niger, Mali and other parts of Africa, it was the same in Egypt, ive seen portraits of African royalty that they had artist of the time paint, and they looked like black people. so you can be upset by it for whatever reason, i understand how in Spain and in South America, theres a division between those of african decent and those of european. but if youre going to sit here and rep being a Moor so hard that youre offended. you need to acknowledge that some of your ancestors were most likely dark skinned. ive seen many artworks in many museums across the world, including Paris, that depicted moorish people and most of them were black or arabic looking, not 21st century art and they werent slaves. youre also wrong about what it means to be black in America, youre American with african features. which is a broad description, theres all types of shades of black people here

lastly even though i could claim it since i have north african DNA. ive never said that im a Moor from Spain and thats my culture, look at me! so calm down. the term moor as i explained and shown, its known fact was interchangeable term for black people during its time. its also factual that people who were considered Moors conquered much more, they ruled over parts of France and germany during periods and i saw the art work of black leaders in Paris, other African nations ruled over places like Australia also for example. so this Moors= Spain, Moors= Islamic thing is not the whole picture. they ruled over a lot of areas of Europe and helped get their civilizations get in order and a lot of europeans used moor as a description of color before colonization led to certain moors historically being tied to arabic and berber decent, but like i said, those of arabic decent that settled there through trade and migrations, werent even African to begin with if you want to be petty. but this whole discussion is turning silly because your have preconceived issue with people using a term, that at a time before white supremacy -did- infact indlude them. youre being silly
Ok. We don't agree. This discussion can't be possible because ours point of view are too different and conflictual. I prefer that it ends here. My apoloziges for my agressive behavior, by reading your answers, I understood more your point of view and who you are, so even though we don't agree, I am starting to respect more your point of view. Thank.

Reactions: Infant and GrapeApe

GrapeApe

Regular
Kin
2,900💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Ok. We don't agree. This discussion can't be possible because ours point of view are too different and conflictual. I prefer that it ends here. My apoloziges for my agressive behavior, by reading your answers, I understood more your point of view and who you are, so even though we don't agree, I am starting to respect more your point of view. Thank.
i respect that and i accept your apology

Reactions: Infant

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ok now I'm confused.
Don't be, he's right, something else most don't know. Read the article I link below.

"Scientists have extracted and analyzed DNA from mummies that are thousands of years old, and they have found that the ancient Egyptians are actually more genetically similar to people living today in the Near East — countries like Israel, Lebanon, and Syria — than modern-day Egyptians."

Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Culture, and the purpose of it, are not the sort of things that should be considered considered in the context of wierdness or normality.

Culture and traditions are marks of evolution (the actual process, not the retarded theory), steps taken in times past (and current, mind you) to address specific problems.

So culture and tradition should be primarily considered in the context of being efficient, effective, beneficial and such.

Now looking at thing with the modern mentality, I can see how/why culture can be considered wierd/normal. In my own, there are some practices that one could call weird. However, an understanding of history quickly drives out the notion. Even in cases of cultural practices which no longer serve a direct practical function, a simple understanding of human psychology defeats the mystery.

So I would say there are parts of my culture which are not perfect and sometimes downright harmful, but I understand them.

Reactions: Chikombo