Yubel

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This is my stash. Lost some books over the years.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

As for your remark; ''The main attraction to entertainment is escapism. I didn't suggest reading books for entertainment. I advocated reading for success, reading to better your life. People entertain themselves for a fleeting moment only to go back to their shitty lives. If your life was so great you wouldn't need entertainment as much. We witness the extraordinary on screens and ordinary everywhere else.''

My ex gf's mum has closets full of life coaching books, she read them all and hasn't changed a bit. Every answer you can find by challenging yourself personally. You don't really need books for that. You'll find inspirational and eye opening signs throughout your life from the most unexpected situations. I know people from my school who run their own businesses by now and they don't read anything.
That's great you're an avid reader but it's quality over quantity my friend. Your ex's mom weren't open to changing her life. You gotta take action to get anything in life. Law of Attraction won't do it for you, the only way you will ever grow is to get out of your comfort zone. That's when things start rolling and synchronicities happen.

YowYan

Legendary
Kin
1,244💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
That's great you're an avid reader but it's quality over quantity my friend. Your ex's mom weren't open to changing her life. You gotta take action to get anything in life. Law of Attraction won't do it for you, the only way you will ever grow is to get out of your comfort zone. That's when things start rolling and synchronicities happen.
Exactly. And this lesson does not come out of books, perse. People that are close to you and confront you with your lackings will make you realize just that.

khaoz

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
i say as long as you read something its a start
reading expands your mind to possibilities you never thought possible. whether its fiction or nonfiction you never know where your ideas could come from
reading is fundemental (fun to mental) enjoy

Yubel

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Exactly. And this lesson does not come out of books, perse. People that are close to you and confront you with your lackings will make you realize just that.
True but books can be a great aid. Let me tell you, it took massive balls to drop out of university and later having to confront my family about it but I feel like it's the best decision I ever made.
i say as long as you read something its a start
reading expands your mind to possibilities you never thought possible. whether its fiction or nonfiction you never know where your ideas could come from
reading is fundemental (fun to mental) enjoy
I love fiction, not books but comics and manga because it allows me to think big.

Desiigner

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't think you understood my post. You can still entertain yourself aslong as it's not your main concern. Yeah I read manga purely for entertainment even though it's taught me more life lessons than school ever did. My point is to invest time in yourself, whether that's reading books or going to the gym or meditating or learning a new skill or just reflecting where you want to be say, 5-10 years in the future.
Isn't that kind of "entertainment"? I mean, you can get satisfied by reading a book, or a post on your phone. In both ways you're entertaining yourself. It doesn't matter if the reason for you to read is not "entertainment". As long as you still read, even if you just want to "learn", you're entertained otherwise you wouldn't continue.

Yubel

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Isn't that kind of "entertainment"? I mean, you can get satisfied by reading a book, or a post on your phone. In both ways you're entertaining yourself. It doesn't matter if the reason for you to read is not "entertainment". As long as you still read, even if you just want to "learn", you're entertained otherwise you wouldn't continue.
It can be entertaining but it doesn't have to be. Aslong as I know that what I'm doing now is going to pay off in the long run then I'm happy.
But this ain't a ****ing game to me.

cryhwks

Veteran
Kin
321💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I sometimes actually read Books but I mostly listen to Audio Books. I just love the Audio version's so much it's so hard to go back to just reading and while I'm listening I'm always doing something else.

Reactions: Scooby Doo

DominiqueX

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
No, I don't really read books.
I can't focus on so much text for long and surely I'm lazy too. Manga/comics, videos and videogames are much more enjoyable to me.